PS Move Starter Bundle $49 Fry's B&M

WhatsYoFlava

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Frys will have the Playstation Move Starter Bundle for $49 from 6/3 - 6/9.

Price is good in store. Not sure if it will be online.

iymyhc.jpg

I just got a $50 best buy gift card from a raffle at work... I'm tempted to PM this, but I'm pretty skeptical on Move. Someone convince me.

[quote name='wissy']I submitted the lower price to Amazon, hopefully they will match.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Even though theres no Fry's even remotely close to where I live I still want to try and help out anyone still looking for a move.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Ditto. Even though theres no Fry's even remotely close to where I live I still want to try and help out anyone still looking for a move.[/QUOTE]
me three, just submitted the price match, if they don't, I will drive and buy one!

hehe yes I hope Amazon matches too. I actually want to get the Socom Full Deployment package (minus Socom) but this would have to do for now.

CAG is really making me regret some purchases. I bought the Socom 4 Full Deployment Edition on launch and only used the move and played it once on release day!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I just got a $50 best buy gift card from a raffle at work... I'm tempted to PM this, but I'm pretty skeptical on Move. Someone convince me.[/QUOTE]

This and Start the Party are pretty fun. Virtually every game has a demo on the PSN, so if you get this, you can try the rest without worry. I'd recommend getting a second controller for Sports Champions, though, for 2P fun and for archery/gladiator battle.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I just got a $50 best buy gift card from a raffle at work... I'm tempted to PM this, but I'm pretty skeptical on Move. Someone convince me.[/QUOTE]

I got one for Christmas last year from my wife. I asked for it so I didn't have to directly spend the money on it. I'm still waiting for something worth playing on it. Personally, I think my killer app is going to be Resistance 3. Ever since Metroid Prime 3, I'd kill for pointer controls in every FPS.

Sadly, Sports Champions is really the only game worth a shit for the Move, and even then, only like three of the mini-games are any fun (gladiator is horrendous).

[quote name='kk012']This seems like a great deal. If I already have the PS3 Eye camera, is it worth it to get this bundle?[/QUOTE]

You could probably sell the camera to someone for possibly $20. I wish there was a Fry's around here though!

The GS trade in value of the camera is only $8. I am tempted to get this because I was about to buy a second controller.. which is $50 anyways. Then later this year we will have 2 different PS3s in different rooms so perhaps having a camera with each would not be bad... Now to find $50 hahah

[quote name='BrolyB593']The GS trade in value of the camera is only $8. I am tempted to get this because I was about to buy a second controller.. which is $50 anyways. Then later this year we will have 2 different PS3s in different rooms so perhaps having a camera with each would not be bad... Now to find $50 hahah[/QUOTE]

I just meant to put it on eBay, lol.

I'm trying to NOT spend money, but this is a phenomenal deal. Already have a Move controller and the camera, but no Sports Champions. Could certainly use the second Move and sell the camera.

Hmm...decisions, decisions.

hope my bb will have the bundle in stock and price match, have some credit there that i need to burn.

Fry's has been killing my wallet for the past couple of weeks. Luckily, I already have 2 move systems with 4 move controllers so I can't find any reason to pick up this bundle. This is a great deal any way that you look at it though!

Wow, that's the perfect price to make me buy the Move. Too bad there's no Fry's for me. Hope this this will be a trend with other retailers to move stagnant stock.

[quote name='kk012']This seems like a great deal. If I already have the PS3 Eye camera, is it worth it to get this bundle?[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you're interested in keeping sports champions. A new Move is $40 at amazon with free shipping and for most of us no tax. TIV for the game and camera may only get you $15.

Tempting but I'm going to hold out and see if this becomes a new MSRP. Getting it from Amazon saves almost $5 in sales tax for my location.

For this same reason, if I'm in no hurry, I often buy from Amazon instead of Newegg. If I need it fast, though, Newegg is great for being close enough for will call pickup.

I only picked up the Kinect a couple days ago, thanks to a bunch of TRU gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. (Curse you and your radioactive money concept, Digby!) I didn't consider that a price drop might be looming with E3 just a few days off. I'll be working at two offsite events but I may get some time on the show floor.

[quote name='KemperJones']I got one for Christmas last year from my wife. I asked for it so I didn't have to directly spend the money on it. I'm still waiting for something worth playing on it. Personally, I think my killer app is going to be Resistance 3. Ever since Metroid Prime 3, I'd kill for pointer controls in every FPS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's kind of what it looks like from browsing online. I guess I could replay Heavy Rain with it.

[quote name='jaide']CAG is really making me regret some purchases. I bought the Socom 4 Full Deployment Edition on launch and only used the move and played it once on release day![/QUOTE]

I think the FDE is still a better deal today if you want all the items, especially if you pay tax at Fry's and not at Amazon.

My math says about $160 for the Move Bundle, Nav Controller, Sharp Shooter and SOCOM 4 (with Bundle and SOCOM at Fry's sale prices, plus tax, others from Amazon) vs. $142.54 for the FDE at Amazon.

I'm hoping for a price drop on the FDE. Been holding out on getting another nav controller and the sharpshooter separately in the hopes I can get this whole bundle in at around 100 on clearance in a few months.

[quote name='epobirs']Tempting but I'm going to hold out and see if this becomes a new MSRP. Getting it from Amazon saves almost $5 in sales tax for my location.

For this same reason, if I'm in no hurry, I often buy from Amazon instead of Newegg. If I need it fast, though, Newegg is great for being close enough for will call pickup.

I only picked up the Kinect a couple days ago, thanks to a bunch of TRU gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. (Curse you and your radioactive money concept, Digby!) I didn't consider that a price drop might be looming with E3 just a few days off. I'll be working at two offsite events but I may get some time on the show floor.[/QUOTE]

if that would be the new MSRP that means the price for just the controller will go down too, i was planning to buy this just for the move wand and ima go just resell the Eye and game.

Just bought this a few weeks ago at best buy for 80 with a 20 dollar gift card- so basically 60

Honestly killzone 3 isnt that great with move- it's ok but I feel like I dont move as well (no pun intended)

Did a PM at the Glendale, CA Sears this morning: $49 minus $5.10 price difference plus tax -- a buck cheaper than if Amazon PMs it. The guy at the counter was shocked they were selling it for so low. I mentioned this may reflect an upcoming price drop, and he agreed.

When he called his manager over to authorize the PM (who was also really surprised), he asked her what the unit cost was. She looked it up and said $80.

He then mentioned he would probably see a bunch of these PMs, though he did call the Burbank Fry's to confirm it was still in stock. Fry's may have sold out by now.

Went to my Fry's in Fountain Valley and they're sold out =(

Gonna see if I can PM somewhere though..

I borrowed my brother's move controller and tried it out with Heavy Rain...wasn't too impressed. I'd be curious to see how it works with Killzone but I want to see some more games announced at E3 before I commit to buying it.

[quote name='coopx']did amazon price match fry's castlevania LOS $19.99 sale before?[/QUOTE]

No, amazon never did pm the fry's sale for castlevania despite lots of cags sending in the request to amazon.

[quote name='Graviex']Went to my Fry's in Fountain Valley and they're sold out =(

Gonna see if I can PM somewhere though..[/QUOTE]

I was about to go there too....Damn! Im going to see if Target PM this if not im gonna have to drive to the Anaheim store....

Anyone used Move with Dead Space: Extraction? Heard it works pretty well. Sly Cooper also implemented it. Sad to hear KZ3 is only "OK" with it...maybe with a Sharp Shooter?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Damn this is the price I will pay for the move bundle but of course there is no Fry's on the east cost. fuck....[/QUOTE]
There's always HHGregg.;) Why couldn't the East Coast have seen an expansion of Fry's/Hastings/any other halfway decent chain vs. getting saddled with a chain that doesn't even sell games for the systems they sell in store.:roll:

Hell. I'd probably pick up the starter bundle at this price too just to give it a whirl. At worst, I could just put it up on my TL if I didn't like it and pass it on to another CAG for about the same price I paid.

But no Fry's around here.:cry:

I ended up buying 2 of them because the bundle is the same price as the controller.

The game I put up on Goozex, but if someone is interested in just the camera send me a PM and we can work something out.

MY GF wants Zumba or Michael Jackson, so if you wanted to trade the game & camera for one of those, that's cool. Seems unlikely that scenario would happen, but just throwing it out there.

bread's done
Back