PS Plus Free extra 30 Days - IF your Welcome Back PS+ subscription is expired

CaptainPiracy

CAGiversary!
Hey all!,

If you were like me and signed up for the PSN Plus on the welcome back package, you were a little bummed it came to an end. Anyway, I flipped on my PS3 today and saw it still said I was a Plus member in my status icon. Any time I tried to open up the items that were free under plus, they just froze or errored. I checked the expire date in my services and it said 07/03. So I was going to buy subscription for 3 months to finish up the games I got for free. So I went into the store and click the "EA Games Welcome Back" promo ad. In the ad the Playstation Plus subscription sub folder is at the top. I opened that and there was a "PS Plus 30 Days Free" option!! So I opened and hit "Get Now".. sure enough it went through. I checked my Services in transaction manager and BOOM.. extra month. Now I'm expiring on 08/02/2011.

See pictures below for evidence and steps! Receipt at bottom.
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Check your Remaining Service

Receipt e-mail also below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your PlayStation(R)Store purchase.

A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference.

PlayStation(R)Store Receipt

Online ID CaptainPiracy
Name EDITED OUT

Order Number 240506XXXX

Date/Time Purchased 07/04/2011 @ 04:41 AM
Total Amount $0.00

Item / Service Details Price (Dollars)

IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS30DAYSFREE-UJ99 PlayStation(R)Plus: 30 Days Free Free

(Next Renewal Date: 08/02/2011 @ 07:46 PM)

Sub Total $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $0.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES--------------
PSN will make you turn on the Automatic funding for the wallet when you sign up for the free 30 days... you can turn it off immediately after.

To Turn off automatic funding:
On teh XMB highlight the "Playstation Network" group then go to:

Account Management
--> Transaction Management
--> Automatic Funding
--> Enter Password to turn it off / on

P.S. - shameless ask -
Please, if anyone has an Xbox 360 copy of the new Magic 2012 planeswalker game, I'd like the promo code for the free card if you don't want it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DesertLeo']holy shit, some of those posts......

Spoiled children who are upset that the free deals weren't practically custom chosen for each person. fucking entitled idiots......some people can't just appreciate free...[/QUOTE]

Maybe some people got fucked by these hackers through stolen credit card info and perhaps think they deserve better from Sony?

[quote name='Layzie0001']hmm if i renew my subscription today.. does it add time from my expiration date in sept or does it start counting months from today?[/QUOTE]
from the end date according to a friend in the UK, but i haven't tried myself.

No point in fighting about this. Both sides do have a point. Sony promised through July 3. However I don't think there was any reason to wait until the very last day as the weekly deals (which seems to be the main reason people held out this long) aren't announced on Sundays, so I personally find it inexcusable that some people procrastinated until the last day.

But I for one acted early and got rewarded with 2 months. So suck it all of you! ;)

[quote name='oasisboy']Maybe some people got fucked by these hackers through stolen credit card info and perhaps think they deserve better from Sony?[/QUOTE]

Hey bro, go ahead and post the article about the person who actually got their CC info stolen. No? Oh yea i guess it hasn't happened, dumbass.

I love you TC, like....more than a friend :D

Glad to be able to re-download all my stuff, was considering actually buying PSN+ soon for my main account xD

[quote name='imacgod']No point in fighting about this. Both sides do have a point. Sony promised through July 3. However I don't think there was any reason to wait until the very last day as the weekly deals (which seems to be the main reason people held out this long) aren't announced on Sundays, so I personally find it inexcusable that some people procrastinated until the last day.

But I for one acted early and got rewarded with 2 months. So suck it all of you! ;)[/QUOTE]
30 days from a Sunday is a Tuesday. That's an update day, right? At least I always thought that was the theory as to why people were waiting - to squeeze that one extra week of possible good deals in. Moot point for me, since I activated my trial a while back, but not long enough back to capitalize on this. Oh well.

[quote name='simmias']30 days from a Sunday is a Tuesday. That's an update day, right? At least I always thought that was the theory as to why people were waiting - to squeeze that one extra week of possible good deals in. Moot point for me, since I activated my trial a while back, but not long enough back to capitalize on this. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

For me and im sure many others we have more than 1 account. I got 3 from trading so I got 1 month of plus covered (now moot point) so I activated my account later so I can get in on next months. For the most part its are the same between then and now. The only differences being a few themes (yakuza 4), Killzone map pack 2 no longer free, MAG map packs no longer free (1 pack is limited and all the DLC claimed to be while I had plus). Overall this is not that great/important so waiting might pay off more. Def wont hurt lol

Thanks for this OP. My expiration date was 7/3 originally. I would have probably never noticed the extra 30 days.

Thanks man....mine expired today but now I'm good until August. With any luck, you'll have just gotten me into the Resistance 3 beta. Appreciate it

It says it went through in the store, and it now says the expiration date is 8/3, but the PS+ free games I already had downloaded still say they're expired :/

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, OP

[quote name='goodbyetonight']It says it went through in the store, and it now says the expiration date is 8/3, but the PS+ free games I already had downloaded still say they're expired :/

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, OP[/QUOTE]

check your download queue, they should be at the top. Start the process to re-download them, then cancel the download and the expiration date should now change.

[quote name='mitch079']check your download queue, they should be at the top. Start the process to re-download them, then cancel the download and the expiration date should now change.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thank you! :D

[quote name='oasisboy']Maybe some people got fucked by these hackers through stolen credit card info and perhaps think they deserve better from Sony?[/QUOTE]

and maybe you dont know wtf you are talking about because I have seen 0 reports of any psn related credit card info being USED.

it was the only thing that was encrypted so I think it ends up being that no one lost anything other than their personal info.

Thanks for fear mongering. Not

Also thanks OP, got my extra month of psn plus.

I'm glad they extended it. I was waiting until the last minute to redeem my 30 days of plus and completely forgot about it.

Dang I downloaded games but totally forgot to redeem the PSN+ from the welcome back to begin with. I've been playing mostly on PC recently anyway.

worked for me. thanks op. heres hoping i can get 2 more fun genesis games...tmnt hyperstone heist would be amazing. or kid chameleon..or altered beast....come on sony!

[quote name='retrad']and maybe you dont know wtf you are talking about because I have seen 0 reports of any psn related credit card info being USED.

it was the only thing that was encrypted so I think it ends up being that no one lost anything other than their personal info.

Thanks for fear mongering. Not

Also thanks OP, got my extra month of psn plus.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cheesebu']Hey bro, go ahead and post the article about the person who actually got their CC info stolen. No? Oh yea i guess it hasn't happened, dumbass.[/QUOTE]

Ahh the fanboys with their immature comments.

"If you've got an account on the PlayStation Network, yes. The hacker was able to access information from every user, including your address, birthday, email address and username/password."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42782289/What_Does_the_PlayStation_Network_Hack_Mean_For_You

I am sure you two fanboys are smart enough to realize that plenty of people use their same username/password to access their credit card information online (Capital One, Bank of America, etc). On top of that add birthday and home address... yeah...

If Sony is not concerned at all of any ID/ credit card theft then why are they offering 1 year of credit check protection to everyone? To prevent lawsuits? Oh wait, they were sued...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20057921-260.html

Glad so many got in on it! :)
If anyone has an xbox 360 copy of the new planes walker game, I'd like the promo code for the free card if you don't want it! :)

bread's done
Back