PS+ Regional Comparison Thread (US/EU)

[quote name='Josh1billion']Hmmm.. when does the EU store update, does anyone know? Which day of the week / which time?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already found your answer, Wednesday, usually in the morning.

Anyone want to predict the replacements for the (assumed) long term game reset in June? Currently they're Infamous 2, LBP and R&C All 4 One.

My guesses:
- Uncharted 3
- ICO & Shadow Collection
- Sly 4

[quote name='tylerh1701']If you haven't already found your answer, Wednesday, usually in the morning.[/QUOTE]
I hadn't found it, and thanks. :)

Oh smack, I didnt notice that its almost a year since PS+ truly went to its full potential. Hope LBP2 and Infamous will be replaced so we can get new ones, EU content was revealed but no comment on removing those :(

In the words of Mayor Quimby, "I am flipflopping!". I know we don't know what the US is getting in June yet, EU is officially blowing the US out of the water.

I love the PS+ program in the US and have gotten a lot of cool games and still think it's the best value in console gaming. But EU is just slaughtering the US with their selection compared to ours.

^ Wonder what games will replace the old titles.

When will you post the yearly update games for june?
Don’t fear we will let you know something soon
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='tylerh1701']In the words of Mayor Quimby, "I am flipflopping!". I know we don't know what the US is getting in June yet, EU is officially blowing the US out of the water.

I love the PS+ program in the US and have gotten a lot of cool games and still think it's the best value in console gaming. But EU is just slaughtering the US with their selection compared to ours.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you about EU having better stuff. That I why I have both EU and US PS+

It is worth the investment.

[quote name='rpg']^ Wonder what games will replace the old titles.

When will you post the yearly update games for june?
Don’t fear we will let you know something soon
icon_smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that comment. I actually think they'll be coming in the July update for both EU and US.

[quote name='boosted02gt']I completely agree with you about EU having better stuff. That I why I have both EU and US PS+

It is worth the investment.[/QUOTE]

I would get an EU PS+ account in a second if I could play EU Vita games using my primary account. Since that's not possible, I just scrape up a free EU monthly trial every time there's a game I really want to play (so far I've done that with Sleeping Dogs and Okami).

[quote name='boosted02gt']I completely agree with you about EU having better stuff. That I why I have both EU and US PS+

It is worth the investment.[/QUOTE]
U need Asia plus :lol:
3ce6b6847aa564babf1c719a51fef52cda9e56e7

I agree that not being able to play Vita games on my main kinda sucks. I would love to play Virtue's Last reward and other games on my main. I am hoping that US PS+ will have some other stuff soon.

However as I complain about that I am still playing Jetpack Joyride because I want the last trophy first.

Poor bastards. I guess it's better to be 2nd than 3rd at least. Although Asian tastes in gaming seem to be so different than ours that they'd probably prefer what they're getting over what we get.

[quote name='boosted02gt']I agree that not being able to play Vita games on my main kinda sucks. I would love to play Virtue's Last reward and other games on my main. I am hoping that US PS+ will have some other stuff soon.

However as I complain about that I am still playing Jetpack Joyride because I want the last trophy first.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Virtue's Last Reward was a huge score for EU PS+. I guess we're getting BlazBlue this month which is a pretty big game as well, but we've been so oversaturated with fighting games that I honestly don't give a fuck about BlazBlue and probably won't even bother downloading it.

Good luck on Jetpack, that last trophy can sure be a grind if you don't want to cough up any real dough.

Updated with June EU offerings. I would like to have Ico/Shadow just because it supports remote play (and not having to have the disc in there to do it would be great).

Plus US
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution
-Machinarium (PS3)
-Saints Row: The Third
-Orc Attack (PS Vita)
-Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

Leaving PS Plus In June
June 4th – Sleeping Dogs
June 11th – Closure
June 11th – Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
June 11th – inFAMOUS 2
June 11th – LittleBigPlanet 2
June 18th – SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny
June 25th – BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...us-deus-ex-human-revolution-free-for-members/

There are tons of lurkers in the PS code drop thread so I'll just leave these here:

2PDQ-G4N3-D7GB - PS Plus 30 day trial

2MGQ-PENP-6DP3 - Music Unlimited 30 day trial

Whoever redeems them, enjoy!

In summary EU
Leaving PS Plus in July:

• 3rd July: Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning
  • 3rd July: Lord of the Rings War in the North
  • 3rd July: The Cave
  • 3rd July: Rayman Origins
  • 3rd July: Coconut Dodge
Entering PS Plus in July:

• 3rd July: Battlefield 3
  • 3rd July: Payday: The Heist
  • 3rd July: Saints Row the Third
  • 3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  • 3rd July: Unit 13

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda rooting for the US to snag Amalur in July.  I finished it a while back, but it seems like a good game to pick up and play a few quests here and there and I feel like after speeding through it I missed a bunch of interesting stuff.

Kinda rooting for the US to snag Amalur in July. I finished it a while back, but it seems like a good game to pick up and play a few quests here and there and I feel like after speeding through it I missed a bunch of interesting stuff.
i hope US gets Unit13. =)

EU August rumor

CYtIlYh.jpg

Downloaded Virtue's Last Reward yesterday and I'm really glad I didn't impulse buy that game. The puzzles are really fun to figure out but after what seems like sections of 20 min puzzles and 45 min dialogue, I couldn't take anymore of it.

Seems like EU is getting a handful of things we got the past couple months so I'm hoping we finally get Okami or at least Lumines. And regarding that August rumor, DMC would be a fantastic addition.

Am I missing something or are there not any offerings for PSN like this in Japan?
Japan has Plus too, just doesn't seem to have the frequency of the releases like US and EU. Most of the Plus offerings in Japan have been PSOne classics.

Downloaded Virtue's Last Reward yesterday and I'm really glad I didn't impulse buy that game. The puzzles are really fun to figure out but after what seems like sections of 20 min puzzles and 45 min dialogue, I couldn't take anymore of it.

Seems like EU is getting a handful of things we got the past couple months so I'm hoping we finally get Okami or at least Lumines. And regarding that August rumor, DMC would be a fantastic addition.
VLR is killing me with all the dialogue. I know people have a lot of affection for the game, but damn.

I'm very hopeful for DMC too - I've placed virtually no value on the title in my head for some reason so I don't think I'd even pay $10 for it, yet I would love to play it anyways. I'm a conflicted soul.

VLR is killing me with all the dialogue. I know people have a lot of affection for the game, but damn.

I'm very hopeful for DMC too - I've placed virtually no value on the title in my head for some reason so I don't think I'd even pay $10 for it, yet I would love to play it anyways. I'm a conflicted soul.
I don't know how many times I rolled my eyes during the part where the group is introduced to that armored/robot guy. That game really likes to repeat things over and over. If you've continued playing through the game, I give you props.

And I know how you feel about DMC, the fantastic thing about IGC is that I get to try some games that I'd normally never would have.

Lots of dialogue in VLR, huh?  I'll probably end up skipping over most of it because I really don't care for a ton of dialogue in games.  I usually play for the gameplay, not the story.  (I even skipped dialogue after I was about 2/3 of the way through with the original Mass Effect.  I just didn't care what they had to say and wanted to get back to the game)

Lots of dialogue in VLR, huh? I'll probably end up skipping over most of it because I really don't care for a ton of dialogue in games. I usually play for the gameplay, not the story. (I even skipped dialogue after I was about 2/3 of the way through with the original Mass Effect. I just didn't care what they had to say and wanted to get back to the game)
ugh Mass Effect was the worst. It sucks because I'm apparently missing out on one of the greatest things of this generation because I can't stand the conversation simulator aspects of it. That's kinda Bioware's thing though, so I've also missed Dragon Age, Fallout, etc. Maybe someday when I have more time and patience.

ugh Mass Effect was the worst. It sucks because I'm apparently missing out on one of the greatest things of this generation because I can't stand the conversation simulator aspects of it. That's kinda Bioware's thing though, so I've also missed Dragon Age, Fallout, etc. Maybe someday when I have more time and patience.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. A little bit is fine with me, but it gets stale quick.

1% puzzle? U gotta be kidding me because if you cant resolve them you aint got nowhere.
I would say 75 % voice acted dialogue and 25% puzzle.

You seem to spend quite a bit more time listening to back stories and everything compared to actually doing the puzzles.

Leaving PS Plus In July
  • July 2nd – Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • July 9th – Joe Danger 2 The Movie
  • July 16rd – The Cave
  • July 23rd – Germinator
  • July 30th – Zero’s Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
Entering PS Plus in July (in no particular order)
  • Battlefield 3 (PS3)
  • Metal Slug XX (PSP, Compatible on PS Vita)
  • Jet Set Radio (PS3)
  • Dokuro (PS Vita)
  • Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD (PS3)

I think it's a PSP game, not a PS1 game, but you're right.  People have constantly said that EU has got "better" games.  I think that chart is a great asset to back up that arguement.

EDIT: Oh, it was a PS1 game that was ported to PSP.  Also, the PSP version has an 88 on Metacritic and the original has an 82, so it doesn't even belong above the 90 line anyway.

US+ may have weaker free titles than EU+, especially for Vita but EU sales are nowhere near to US sales and dont have many promotional sales or events and not to mention the price tag, this why I rarely buy games from EU PSN. Since Ive bought the Vita, Ive never purchased any game 4 it, well Im cheap ok, cuz EU+ is awesome.

US+ may have weaker free titles than EU+, especially for Vita but EU sales are nowhere near to US sales and dont have many promotional sales or events and not to mention the price tag, this why I rarely buy games from EU PSN. Since Ive bought the Vita, Ive never purchased any game 4 it, well Im cheap ok, cuz EU+ is awesome.
Sales are the overlooked factor sometimes when it comes to the comparison. I don't follow the EU PS Blog religiously so I don't know about all their sales, but it definitely seems like the US gets the better end of the sales most of the time.

Fallout is from Bethesda and Obsidian, and their conversations are much better than Bioware's, imo. Better mechanics (particularly in New Vegas), more interesting content, and not as long-winded. Bioware's conversations turn me off too, but manipulating people through speech in New Vegas was one of my favorite aspects of the game.

edit: After looking at that chart, I still don't understand why everyone continuously hates on the US PS+. The grass is always greener, I guess? Out of all of the only EU PS+ exclusives, the only ones I'd even want are games I already have (not exaggerating), so I'm quite content.

Fallout is from Bethesda and Obsidian, and their conversations are much better than Bioware's, imo. Better mechanics (particularly in New Vegas), more interesting content, and not as long-winded. Bioware's conversations turn me off too, but manipulating people through speech in New Vegas was one of my favorite aspects of the game.

edit: After looking at that chart, I still don't understand why everyone continuously hates on the US PS+. The grass is always greener, I guess? Out of all of the only EU PS+ exclusives, the only ones I'd even want are games I already have (not exaggerating), so I'm quite content.
Thanks - I have Fallout 3 on Steam and I've always enjoyed the aesthetics of it but never gave it a fair shake. Maybe I'll give it an honest try with this in mind.

As much as I love PS Plus, boy does it ever prevent me from buying games. I remember buying Retro City Rampage and Machinarium weeks before they were added to the IGC. I'm happy to pay full price for Retro City Rampage because the dev painstakingly made that game by himself but with games like Okami and Lumines, I have purchase paralysis because they went free in EU. 

Mentioned this in the PSN thread, but it probably belong here more.  I'm very jealous that EU doesn't get PSP games.  I really don't have any desire to play PSP games (I have too many current gen games in my backlog to want to spend time with PSP games, and if I ever wanted to play PSP games I would have bought a PSP long ago.)

I think the only one I've ever downloaded was the MegaMan Maverick Hunter one.  We've got PSP games for 5 of the last 6 months, I really hope we get a break from PSP games for a little while.  It's basically an automatically wasted game for me.

@tylerh thats a holy truth, I dont have PSP anymore but I have Vita and any PSP titles they putted in Id already played.

bread's done
Back