PS Store and PS2 Games

wildcpac

Banned
Will PS2 games ever be available on the PS Store? I was having a convo with a friend who doesn't have a bc PS3 and wants to play God of War 1 and 2. The PS Store is finally releasing PS 1 classics and the Xbox 360 store has Xbox classics.

not sure how it would work with all the PS3's that can't play PS2 games... they'd probably have to do some crazy software emulation thing?

Guaranteed going to happen. Just not right now. PS2 just dropped to 99, once it stops selling well at this price, they'll implement it. They've had a team of engineers working on PS2 emulation for well over a year now. No worries.

No one's really talked about it, but MvC2 was a ps2 game, right? Knowing Sony, they will do as everyone above has speculated and lay off the universal ps2 software emulation until ps2 hardware sales have declined enough, but there's a chance select games can be brought over before then.

Don't get your hopes up, even the ps1 releases have been 'slow' and that should basically be almost as easy as ripping the iso and putting it in the store. (I know, there's other things going on behind the scene, but in theory...)

[quote name='QiG']No one's really talked about it, but MvC2 was a ps2 game, right? Knowing Sony, they will do as everyone above has speculated and lay off the universal ps2 software emulation until ps2 hardware sales have declined enough, but there's a chance select games can be brought over before then.

Don't get your hopes up, even the ps1 releases have been 'slow' and that should basically be almost as easy as ripping the iso and putting it in the store. (I know, there's other things going on behind the scene, but in theory...)[/QUOTE]MvC2 is a DC port and not a PS2 port though.

bread's done
Back