PS Vita 3G w/8GB memory card from eBay for $199.99

Thanks, OP. Between this and P4Golden being on sale for $30, my wait-and-see approach to the Vita is being put to the test.

[quote name='Wario64']I bet it's Super Stardust when you redeem the 3G thing. which is probably expired, lol[/QUOTE]

Correct on both counts.

Edit: Unless they decided to unexpire the deal, but mine had an expiration of way back when

Just to let those know, you have to apply for a month of ATT 3G to get the free month and the free game.

The Vita and 8GB is a great deal for $199, but don't expect the free game actually being free.

[quote name='kupomogli']Just to let those know, you have to apply for a month of ATT 3G to get the free month and the free game.

The Vita and 8GB is a great deal for $199, but don't expect the free game actually being free.[/QUOTE]

It's basically "Buy Super Stardust Delta get a month of ATT free", which is ok I suppose, but who actually needs a 3G connection on a Vita?

As far as hardware goes, is the launch version any different than the current Vita? Why are they stressing the "launch" part so much? What I am I missing??? (Sorry I'm dumb)

[quote name='jenksalot']As far as hardware goes, is the launch version any different than the current Vita? Why are they stressing the "launch" part so much? What I am I missing??? (Sorry I'm dumb)[/QUOTE]

As far as I know I think it was just a way to get it a week or so early. I know there was a little deviants bundle that you could order and get a week before the standard release date. That's the only explanation I see

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']It's basically "Buy Super Stardust Delta get a month of ATT free", which is ok I suppose, but who actually needs a 3G connection on a Vita?[/QUOTE]

No one, really. You can't play multiplayer over 3G, and it has an absurdly low file size download limit over 3G for PSN games and the like.

If it were a more robust device in terms of online apps, I could possibly see justifying it if the cost was low enough, but anyone who can drop cash on a Vita probably already has a much more capable smart phone. The extra $$ they spent on contracts, development, 3G hardware, etc. was an absolute waste from the very beginning.

That said, this model is just as capable and with the 8GB memory card is a very decent deal, although IMO it should have been the standard bundle and MSRP from the very beginning (coming from a very pleased Vita owner).

bread's done
Back