PS VITA AC Adaptor/USB Cable Clearance at Target $10.48!!!

sasan1

CAGiversary!
I found these tonight at Target while looking for that Tiger Woods 13 deal, with both AC Adaptor & USB Cable on Clearance for $10.48. Don't know if this is a good sign for the Vita.....

Those are items that come in the box with the Vita. Anyone who wants them should already own them.

[quote name='SDC']Those are items that come in the box with the Vita. Anyone who wants them should already own them.[/QUOTE]True but some people like to have extras if they have other homes or to keep a cable in the car instead of transferring them. Makes it easier to just "drop and go".

[quote name='robodaddyo']True but some people like to have extras if they have other homes or to keep a cable in the car instead of transferring them. Makes it easier to just "drop and go".[/QUOTE]

But this means the Vita is dooooomed!!!

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']I wish somebody would come out with a 6ft usb cable for the VITA .[/QUOTE]

I would guess you could just use any standard USB extension cable, however I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure.

This is really kind of dumb on Target's part. Sell an accessory at launch that already comes with the system, then discontinue the accessory before anyone has a chance to lose it. Then when someone finally comes in looking for a replacement, you have no choice but to send them to Gamestop/Best Buy/etc.

[quote name='slidecage']is the USB cord just for charging or can you hook your VITA up to the net that way and download games[/QUOTE]
I thought you owned a Vita?

With the proprietary nature things are going these days, I just wanted to pick up a second USB cable for when I bring it to the office when I don't fell like working....

I use a 4' USB extension when hooking up to my PS3. I don't know if you can use it with the AC charger though. My USB extension won't fit due to the size of the housing and I don't want to shave it down just to try.

[quote name='czissis']I would guess you could just use any standard USB extension cable, however I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='akir']There's a Target clearance thread for a reason...[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:Yet people wonder why they can't find deals they want to see when the boards are cluttered with 'I felt this deserved it's own thread(even though there's a mega thread such deals go in)' type threads.

Like I said, I think I should go into the Target(and TRU/Sears) threads and just start making seperate threads for EVERY game/item listed in each of those mega threads, so at least that way I'll beat the people who will eventually make them to the punch and we can just point to my threads n say there's already one for it.;):booty:

I'd be interested in picking one up. What's the DPCI#?

EDIT: Never mind, found it. 207-00-0162. I've never really shopped for Target clearance items before. Are the clearance prices universal or YMMV?

EDIT2: Okay, YMMV. Probably not worth a drive if it shows "Limited availability?"

EDIT3: Wait, the USB cable and AC block is sold separately? Dammit Sony, this is why you are gonna go out of business.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SDC']Those are items that come in the box with the Vita. Anyone who wants them should already own them.[/QUOTE]

Right, but some people need extras. I use the USB and AC Adapter when I take my Vita on the go and bought another USB along with the dock to hook up to my iMac so I can charge the battery and back up content.

[quote name='sasan1']With the proprietary nature things are going these days, I just wanted to pick up a second USB cable for when I bring it to the office when I don't fell like working....[/QUOTE]

Careful, the Vita won't always charge via USB. I can charge it via my iMac at home, but not via my work PC.

[quote name='omyard']Careful, the Vita won't always charge via USB. I can charge it via my iMac at home, but not via my work PC.[/QUOTE]

I wondered about why my Vita didn't charge when connected to my PC, and found the reason. To charge via USB on a PC, the Vita must be turned off, and can't be in standby mode. I always have my Vita in standby, so that explains why it never charged when connected to my PC or PS3. Link:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/basic/charge.html

Scored finally a clearance item at Target! Plus the case at 13.98. Not bad for both items. Also saw the headphones on clearance.

[quote name='SDC']Those are items that come in the box with the Vita. Anyone who wants them should already own them.[/QUOTE]

If someone lost them or travels alot.

My cell phone came with a micro usb charger, I still bought another one so I can charge it up while at work and not have to carry a cable to/from work everyday. Seems like a waste of money but it's a nice convenience.

I just grab the cable located with the vita and plug it into my HP Touchpad charger.
It works fine and I found it better to carry instead of carring that 4 meter long cables that Sony provided me

I just left the Redlands, CA target @ 4pm, in which i got the vita usb cable for $7.48, in which they still have 2 left after me buying two. Also they had the travel case for $13.98, but i got the last one. Also they have the ps vita headphones for $13.98, only one left. Nothing else on clearance for the vita, at least that i could see.

target near me is ringing up $10.48. Will wait for another price drop. Maybe they'll last until then... I dont even have a Vita. =P

[quote name='Naramie']If someone lost them or travels alot.

My cell phone came with a micro usb charger, I still bought another one so I can charge it up while at work and not have to carry a cable to/from work everyday. Seems like a waste of money but it's a nice convenience.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I got one just to leave at work so I won't have to worry about it running out of battery.

bread's done
Back