PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that bothers me the most about DOAX3 or whatever it's official name is, is that there is 9 characters I believe with maybe more coming with DLC. That sounds like a decent lack of content. Now 20 girls or something and I would be ordering it easily.
pfft. Seeing at the outright ludicrous amount of DLC they shoveled at consumers for the last DOA game id say a disgusting glut of DLC cash grab bullshit is certainly on the way for DOAX3 as well.... seriously is there any company with such an absurd amount of nickle and dime DLC as them?

pfft. Seeing at the outright ludicrous amount of DLC they shoveled at consumers for the last DOA game id say a disgusting glut of DLC cash grab bullshit is certainly on the way for DOAX3 as well.... seriously is there any company with such an absurd amount of nickle and dime DLC as them?
DOA5 probably does have the most DLC, but almost all of it is unnecessary to play the game. If you bought the DOA5 Last Round disc or digital version, you have all the characters so there's nothing else needed to play the full game. It's up to each individual whether or not they want more costumes, it's not a pay to win problem so I can't fault the developers for wanting to earn easy money.

The same goes for DOAX3, any possible DLC is most likely just more costumes. It's not as if there won't be unlockable costumes either, assuming they follow the formula from the first two Xtreme games.

Better buy the DLC with HK money, considering it's not coming out here, and if you're gonna get it, be sure to have another PS Vita card handy. One card per account right?

Atelier games on Vita are known to have more slowdown than their console versions and possibly somewhat worse graphics. They also have DLC plus portability. That's what you're paying for.

Other games for vita are Rorona Plus, Totori Plus, Meruru Plus, Ayesha Plus and then Escha & Logy Plus.
Escha & Logy is the first to get a physical release in the US, to my knowledge.

So assuming it's still in stock, I'll be buying Atelier Escha & Logy™ Plus when I get paid. What are the other games in order that I should get, and do they perform better on PS3?
If you're looking for the story in order, Escha and Logy is the second game in the Dusk trilogy... Ayesha is the first (which has a vita plus version, digital only I think) and Shallie is the 3rd (which hasn't been released on vita yet to my knowledge, so ps3 only at the moment). So if you want the overarching story of the Dusk trilogy in order, go for Ayesha -> Escha and Logy -> Shallie

Not sure about the performance, though. I played them all on ps3. The previous trilogy, the Arland trilogy, is available on both ps3 and vita (digital only for the vita, I think). That one is Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru

Of special note is the fact that there are two versions of Rorona for the ps3, the original and a remade one (Rorona Plus) that's, arguably, better and includes an extra chapter at the end that sort of serves to tie the whole trilogy together and wrap things up. I think the only vita version is this remade Plus version.

If you're looking for the story in order, Escha and Logy is the second game in the Dusk trilogy... Ayesha is the first (which has a vita plus version, digital only I think) and Shallie is the 3rd (which hasn't been released on vita yet to my knowledge, so ps3 only at the moment). So if you want the overarching story of the Dusk trilogy in order, go for Ayesha -> Escha and Logy -> Shallie

Not sure about the performance, though. I played them all on ps3. The previous trilogy, the Arland trilogy, is available on both ps3 and vita (digital only for the vita, I think). That one is Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru

Of special note is the fact that there are two versions of Rorona for the ps3, the original and a remade one (Rorona Plus) that's, arguably, better and includes an extra chapter at the end that sort of serves to tie the whole trilogy together and wrap things up. I think the only vita version is this remade Plus version.
Does the trilogy disc have the remade version or would I be better off buying each game seperate?

Believe the trilogy disk has the original, which wasn't as bad as people put. It was challenging as heck for sure on time management. With a plus version out though sold separately, that's the one to play.

Believe the trilogy disk has the original, which wasn't as bad as people put. It was challenging as heck for sure on time management. With a plus version out though sold separately, that's the one to play.
Ya, the disc trilogy apparently has the original game. If you want to play on vita, I'd say grab the plus versions for all 3 games in the trilogy on that. If you want the ps3 version/physical copy, you might actually be better off buying the trilogy and buying Rorona Plus separate since, even used, Totori and Meruru go for around $20 each, and the trilogy disc new is $40.

"Arguably" is putting it lightly. Original Rorona was terrible, I made it a few hours in before the crappy combat and clunky synthesis systems made me put it down and never pick it back up again. In contrast, Rorona Plus was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in the last few years. Anyone looking to play Rorona should get the Plus version and not waste their time with the original.

"Arguably" is putting it lightly. Original Rorona was terrible, I made it a few hours in before the crappy combat and clunky synthesis systems made me put it down and never pick it back up again. In contrast, Rorona Plus was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in the last few years. Anyone looking to play Rorona should get the Plus version and not waste their time with the original.
Haha...well, I guess I usually find it good to be diplomatic when talking about remakes as there are always the purists that prefer the original and freak out at...say...even the slight remixing of the synth string volume in one song in a remaster, and this one is a pretty radical overhaul. But, yes, by most accounts, Rorona Plus is far superior to the original in pretty much every way.

The best things in life aren't free.
fuck, where do I buy bottled air nowadays?

pfft. Seeing at the outright ludicrous amount of DLC they shoveled at consumers for the last DOA game id say a disgusting glut of DLC cash grab bullshit is certainly on the way for DOAX3 as well.... seriously is there any company with such an absurd amount of nickle and dime DLC
This just in! You don't need 100% of the costumes! Just 100% of the Marie costumes.

4dN_mW.gif

When I volunteered as an EMT before, I was taught that we should administer oxygen whenever possible. It'll get tacked on to the list of services that can be charged for then.

I use default theme as well, along with a different anime wallpaper for each screen.
On my vita 1000, I turned off the music and just used different wallpapers on each screen and the lock screen. On my PS TV, I have the stitching theme, which looks pretty nice on the big screen.

Atelier games on Vita are known to have more slowdown than their console versions and possibly somewhat worse graphics. They also have DLC plus portability. That's what you're paying for.

Other games for vita are Rorona Plus, Totori Plus, Meruru Plus, Ayesha Plus and then Escha & Logy Plus.
note that rorona plus is the only localized title to also be available phyically on ps3 while all the other plus games are vita digital only.

sophie may or may not be part of the dusk series. I have no idea if they have confirmed it is or isn't yet or if its gonna be its own stand alone game but with cameos.

rorona is also getting a 3ds version I remember reading. No idea how chibi rona 3ds will turn out though or what will be in it.

edit correct that escha and logy will have a physical plus version for the vita but that's gonna be preorder exclusive isn't it? The other posters right technically as while its getting localized its not out yet.

There was a 3DS Rorona?  I assume it never even came close to getting localized then.  Can't imagine it wouldn't have been pretty scaled back in comparison.

I own all the vanilla versions on disc for ps3 and had purchased Rorona plus on disc as well. I returned the Plus disc and just played the vanilla on the ps3, opting to play the Plus versions on Vita only.

Freedom Wars is $9.99 shipped and sold by Amazon.  Free shipping with Prime.  Great deal for a physical copy!

This one will sellout fast, so don't hesitate!

[attachment=19581:91bidL5mJxL._SL1500_.jpg]

Has anyone played Deception 4 Blood Ties? I just bought a copy on Ebay for $14 and after watching some gameplay videos it looks pretty cool.
No. It's on my to-play short list, but it's lowish on that list. There is an updated version, Nightmare Princess. The US didn't get the physical cart, but Asia did. The PS4 version is available physically though.

Has anyone played Deception 4 Blood Ties? I just bought a copy on Ebay for $14 and after watching some gameplay videos it looks pretty cool.
I finished it on ps3. If you think the gameplay looks interesting and are into strategy and horror, you might dig it. It's pretty cool but not without its flaws... Like the traps are sort of limited (often found myself finding a few that worked well together and just sort of "spamming" similar trap chains frequently)... And the timing can be tricky sometimes and lead to tedious repetition (like running around in circles luring the enemy into a set of traps over and over, watching a trap miss, until you can actually get the traps to trigger at the right time and pull off the combo). It's also a little repetitive overall. While there are different areas and environmental traps thrown into the mix, and enemies have different abilities, resistances, and weaknesses, it's pretty much "wait for enemies to come in, set up traps, lead them through traps until you drop their health down to nothing, rinse, and repeat with the next batch of enemies". I actually did get a little bored/frustrated with it at one point and trailed off and came back months later and finished it.

Pulling off some combos can feel pretty satisfying, though...and it has a pretty cool sadistic horror thing going on. Don't want to put you off of it... It's a pretty cool/unique game, and you'll probably enjoy it... I got a fair amount of enjoyment out of it. It's just that the actual mechanics can be a little stiff, limited, and repetitive.

Super long shot for anyone looking for a cheap 32/64 mem card but if you happen to have a friend or someone you know going to japan, have them pick one up for you. Recently got a 64 gb for about 70USD after conversion when family went to japan and came back. 

also, Expecting IFFY store to have a CE preorder for Megatagmension Blanc soo hold out on that if you intend to get the CE

I'm already drooling thinking of buying it around $15.
I think I can resist buying it until I actually play all the Mega games I already own. Still, man, I'm glad to see this game coming out and more so that the Vita is continuing to thrive despite the lack of attention it gets.

bread's done
Back