PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
So get this, I just called in to the bank to find out why my Debit account is under review. Turns out they placed my account under suspension on April 19th because of two suspicious transactions. Now here's the kicker, the only two transaction I made that day, and they confirmed these as being the "suspicious transactions" were ...

IffysOnlineStore.com (4/19):
Order# 34xxx
$62.99 - MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies Limited Edition
$57.99 - Trillion: God of Destruction Limited Edition
total: $120.98

FanGamer.com (4/19/2016):
Order# KICKBLOODSTAINED-#xxxxxx
$60.00 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Vita)

Luckily I keep records, but literally they put my account on a suspension hold because FanGamer.com and IffysOnlineStore.com flagged as being suspicious transactions. CRAZY!

Why pay for shipping twice? Unless you ordered one for a friend/family member.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Last time I tried putting both on the same order. The time it took me to switch tabs on my phone browser, add the other version to my cart, and go to checkout the PS4 version got sold out. I had to go to checkout all over again to get only the Vita version.

For that reason I find it easier to buy right away the version I want the most first. Then if still available the other one.

Sold out!

only 1250 remain. Come back at 6PM for your next to final chance to own the Vita game.

So get this, I just called in to the bank to find out why my Debit account is under review. Turns out they placed my account under suspension on April 19th because of two suspicious transactions. Now here's the kicker, the only two transaction I made that day, and they confirmed these as being the "suspicious transactions" were <drum roll>...

Order# 34xxx

Luckily I keep records, but literally they put my account on a suspension hold because FanGamer.com and IffysOnlineStore.com flagged as being suspicious transactions. CRAZY!
I had the same thing happen to me last week. I got the 2 games from Iffy, and two NISA orders and my credit card sent me an email for suspicious activity. I get email alerts for things like this, and I just hit the button that I was aware of the transactions, and I was good to go.

So get this, I just called in to the bank to find out why my Debit account is under review. Turns out they placed my account under suspension on April 19th because of two suspicious transactions. Now here's the kicker, the only two transaction I made that day, and they confirmed these as being the "suspicious transactions" were <drum roll>...

Order# 34xxx

When did the surveys end for bloodstained?

Last time I tried putting both on the same order. The time it took me to switch tabs on my phone browser, add the other version to my cart, and go to checkout the PS4 version got sold out. I had to go to checkout all over again to get only the Vita version.

For that reason I find it easier to buy right away the version I want the most first. Then if still available the other one.
Good point! I added the Vita version first, and hit the back button. Added the PS4 copy, and was able to checkout via PayPal. Glad you were able to get both copies!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I couldn't get one, kept saying it was sold out seconds after it was available.
During one of the past deals, I had the exact same problem until I signed out of the store and then signed in. It seems, if you are signed in before the game goes live then you'll have a much harder time getting it.

i'm buying the limited run games to collect, not to play, like most people i assume. heck, i may even go for the Vita NA complete library as time goes on.

i was wondering do you think it'll be worth more later to keep it in the black bubble mailer they send the games in and not even opening it? like double-sealed instead of just sealed?

thanks.

Boom. One copy for Vita, one for PS4. Done and done. It's actually just coincidence that I was awake this early. (sales opened at 7:00 AM in my time zone) But I managed to snag my copies, so no rage here.

i'm buying the limited run games to collect, not to play, like most people i assume. heck, i may even go for the Vita NA complete library as time goes on.

i was wondering do you think it'll be worth more later to keep it in the black bubble mailer they send the games in and not even opening it? like double-sealed instead of just sealed?

thanks.
The black bubble mailer market is going to be huge.

LRG in regards to the stock problem - Unfortunately it's a communication delay between Shopify's servers and the front end. Not really sure how it works but they said it isn't easily fixed. One of the reasons this was rampant on SMRPG was because the soundtrack bundle had low inventory to begin with. This issue only rears its head when inventory flies *super* fast. On Oddworld it is more likely to occur on Vita than PS4 due to the lower quantity available. I hope it doesn't occur, though, and inventory lasts a decent while

Also it isnt LRG who doesnt get to decide how the amount of copies produced. The developers actually decide. So far, none of them want to do a somewhat bigger run to see if itll still sell out

thanks.
If you want to go for a complete NA library, now is the time to do it. I wouldn't wait long, as prices of hard to find games are going to continually rise as more and more stores liquidate their inventory. There are already some games that are extremely hard to find (especially CIB!) that you would do well to pick up at the first opportunity.

If you want to go for a complete NA library, now is the time to do it. I wouldn't wait long, as prices of hard to find games are going to continually rise as more and more stores liquidate their inventory. There are already some games that are extremely hard to find (especially CIB!) that you would do well to pick up at the first opportunity.
hey, man, thanks for the post. i'm not super serious about collecting vita. i'm just picking up 5-10 games a month and slowly building it up. i try to get most games under $15ish. not sure if i'll ever get close to getting a complete NA library (i'm at around 50 games now), but it's fun to dream. i'm not even sure if not having MMA supremacy will bother me.

i'm really enjoying it though and i agree it's a good time to start picking up all the vita games.

i'm really bummed i didn't get into vita till late, so many good CEs.

Hope u got Retro City Rampage
Yeah, that's one that I will probably never be able to get. I believe I was between jobs when it went on sale. And I just can't justify those kinds of luxury expenses when my personal income is up in the air.

Can't have everything. And I'm not nearly obsessive enough to be trying to get a complete Vita collection. I just pick and choose from some of the best critically evaluated titles, with possibly one or two concessions to my own taste. (gotta have my adventure games)

I think now it's almost too late to go for a complete vita collection ... especially on the cheap.  That said, it's overall never too late just because ebay, amazon resellers, and so on will make it possible to collect most games if you have the money to blow and don't mind overpaying on some of the rare titles.   Me personally, once I was broken from picking up some overpriced crap games .. it was easy to give up the idea of possibly having a complete collection.   That said, if I were going for a complete collection I would probably re-define what is a complete collection to me.  I would elminate games that didn't go to main stream stores (physical stores and places like Amazon).  That means most kickstarter games, LRG games, rarities only sold by the publisher and so on wouldn't count at all.

Everyone who did order Megatagmension LE should make sure that their order is good to go just in case since it's already sold out now.

After all, it'd be a shame for anyone to miss out on a removable hat because of something silly like that. :*(

I am also going for a complete NA Vita collection, but the task is proving to become more and more difficult especially when it comes to getting some of these games on the cheap. I still need to find a good price on Breach and Clear, which is going to be difficult. I've been lucky enough to get in for SMRPG and Oddworld for Vita though. 

I think it's funny how getting a whole Vita game collection is a thing for some people.  Like wow, you bought a bunch of shitty $10-15 games no one wanted along with a dozen other overpriced nonsense titles.  Stressing over dropping 100 bones for the likes of Breach & Clear or Retro City Rampage lol.  One could aim a little higher.

Just buy the games you like.  You don't need the added stress.  Your life won't feel more complete when that day finally comes where they stop producing Vita games and you have them all.  I promise!  Besides, the lines are already blurred with multi-regional Eng releases in Hong Kong and China. 

Speaking from a collector's PoV you're going to get to a point where all your shelves are full and you wished you hadn't bought so many crappy games, and wished you had focused on buying only great games instead. 

I'm sitting at around 130 physical games.  Most of the ones I need are lego or FIFA, and a few others.  I have the tough ones (retro city, all LRG, Ar Nosurge, Atlier, MMA).   I spent the most on Retro City and Ar Nosurge b/c I missed them originally (Spent $150 total on them).  

I am currently missing Ar NoSurge and debating if I wanna try for a copy of Retro City or even try to get another copy of Breach and Clear... Sold my previous copy to a CAGer felt like its one of those purchases I can let go.... maybe If my collectors side of my brain would stop -_-

I tried to get an order in,  but at 9:01 it said it was sold out (on my phone, "gaming" sites are blocked at work) so I missed out on it. Hopefully I can get one later because I actually plan to play this one instead of just placing it on my shelf for the collection.

I think it's funny how getting a whole Vita game collection is a thing for some people. Like wow, you bought a bunch of shitty $10-15 games no one wanted along with a dozen other overpriced nonsense titles. Stressing over dropping 100 bones for the likes of Breach & Clear or Retro City Rampage lol. One could aim a little higher.

Just buy the games you like. You don't need the added stress. Your life won't feel more complete when that day finally comes where they stop producing Vita games and you have them all. I promise! Besides, the lines are already blurred with multi-regional Eng releases in Hong Kong and China.

Speaking from a collector's PoV you're going to get to a point where all your shelves are full and you wished you hadn't bought so many crappy games, and wished you had focused on buying only great games instead.
I have the same sentiments when it comes to my own collection. I only buy games I'm sure I'll enjoy. Collecting every vita game seems pointless for myself since I find no joy in buying things I won't like. But if others want to do it, it's their money they can do what they want

I have the same sentiments when it comes to my own collection. I only buy games I'm sure I'll enjoy. Collecting every vita game seems pointless for myself since I find no joy in buying things I won't like. But if others want to do it, it's their money they can do what they want
Exactly. No one should care what someone wants to collect. If someone wants all vita games, some vita games, naked anime waifu statues, etc that's for them to choose

Vita is the only system I'm currently going for complete on and all the other systems I just get big games or hidden gems

I'm new around these parts. Vita collecting in general. I don't think I will be able to build a complete collection, but I am going to get what I can. Ordered Odd World this morning. Pretty excited! Even more for the Volume launch...

I'm not interested in a complete collection, even if I had the money to drop on it. I do like to get physical over digital whenever possible, but mainly to save space on the memory card.

I'm not interested in a complete collection, even if I had the money to drop on it. I do like to get physical over digital whenever possible, but mainly to save space on the memory card.
And it depends on definition of "complete collection". There are different regions, and there are many Japanese games never get to other shores. So, very likely you will not get "complete collection". If you don't understand Japanese, there is no reason to get them too. As having been gaming for over 35 years, having a collection is kinda pointless.

I don't have the biggest Vita collection, around...8 physical games. I think there are about 4 more or so id like to have in my collection (that are released as of now) but yeah, im happy with the game I bought so far (i have some other games I like in my collection but I own them via PS Plus free downloads.)

I think I've become less a collector and more a player which is good. Still have bought the LRG games though frankly Breach and Clear is not my type of game. That was the impulse purchase for sure.

Just as an example, I ordered a Vita and PS4 copy of Abe's Odysee. But I didn't get Breach and Clear, and I decided not to bother with Saturday Morning RPG. (despite being aware of it when it went on sale) I don't care about those games, so collecting physical copies of them doesn't take priority. If I ever saw them used on cheap, I might consider it as a curiosity. But I won't go out of my way to get them, and certainly not pay a lot to get them. New and Tasty, on the other hand, is a critically praised re-make of a game that I already liked. That one I want.

I regret not getting Retro-City Rampage, because I do really like that game. But hey, can't win them all.

And it depends on definition of "complete collection".
It would be interesting if we did have someone that was actually so Vita crazy that they wanted to have a full collection for everything released world wide. Most people here mainly just mean games released physically in this region. Sure it's ultimately pointless but so is collecting anything and even playing videogames. At least the vita has a relatively small library. There have been times (yes multiple) where honestly I had a lot more fun tracking down videogames IRL than playing them. Back in the early to mid 90's it was great hitting all the video rental places for what to me were rare NES, SNES, & Genesis games. At one point my NES collection alone was more than twice as big as the entire Vita library. Getting 4 games for $10 or whatever made it easy to build such a large collection. When the Saturn was dying or near dead, I had fun grabbing games as the retailers were dumping stock. It made for a good time just getting out the house and finding what was out there without the spoiler of knowing through an online inventory checker or whatever what I'd find. Granted it was a complete waste of time ... but I found it fun, talked to interesting people, ate at random places... and eventually that fun flipped to playing through games and then eventually selling them off to other people often breaking even or making a profit.

Still, those days are well behind me. Collecting stuff has kind of lost it's fun. I'd rather just take my family on some odd adventure.... though if it's near a walmart that has some 16gb Vita cards for $10... well... it doesn't hurt to check the store for a few min. :whistle2:$

Exactly. No one should care what someone wants to collect. If someone wants all vita games, some vita games, naked anime waifu statues, etc that's for them to choose

Vita is the only system I'm currently going for complete on and all the other systems I just get big games or hidden gems
Same here, though I was considering a turbografx 16 complete set. I think magical chase ruins that, though.

bread's done
Back