PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's really awesome that some of you guys have such large backlogs, it shows your dedication to games. Hell, I get jealous thinking about how you guys have such a large library to choose from, so don't think of backlogs as a bad thing.

I have a quick question though, how do you guys consider games to be in your backlog? Like do they count indies that are free on PS+? Or Steam games for like a cent? And are the backlog games all new and untouched, or are some there that you've played but wanted to go back and platinum? And I assume that they are games you have right? Or do they include games you haven't bought yet and eventually will?

It's crazy thinking of backlogs with a thousand games, some console libraries aren't even close to that. I don't think I've even played a thousand games in my life, I probably can't even name a thousand games off the top of my head.

Many indie bundles, console games, pc games I bought, random other sale junk, PS+ and PSN purchases.....guilty, guilty, guilty...likely 3000+ backlog and it's not likely up to date. I have a problem and I realize that at least. Don't buy as much anymore unless it's really, really cheap or I really want it.

I think it's really awesome that some of you guys have such large backlogs, it shows your dedication to games. Hell, I get jealous thinking about how you guys have such a large library to choose from, so don't think of backlogs as a bad thing.

I have a quick question though, how do you guys consider games to be in your backlog? Like do they count indies that are free on PS+? Or Steam games for like a cent? And are the backlog games all new and untouched, or are some there that you've played but wanted to go back and platinum? And I assume that they are games you have right? Or do they include games you haven't bought yet and eventually will?

It's crazy thinking of backlogs with a thousand games, some console libraries aren't even close to that. I don't think I've even played a thousand games in my life, I probably can't even name a thousand games off the top of my head.
For me, I don't count free games (PS+) or even cheap games like Humble Bundle. I count games that are about $10+ when I bought them. Most of the time they are backlogged new, unopened, but when it comes to PC games I might have about 10min played before I stopped due to getting sidetracked. (I also never plat or 100% a game).

I think my 3DS is my most untouched console, bought the 3DSXL then the N3DSXL and I have played about 10hrs since getting both -.- (3/4 of my physical library is still sealed). Vita has bout 5 games sealed and 10 opened but not played.

Then the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS2 games I have unplayed makes me sick.

I have the opposite of a backlog problem when it comes to Vita. I fear that I will soon run out of games to play. I just did a second run of P4G partly because of that fear (also because I miss Chie's voice). Now I am on AC: Chronicles (which is a great game, really enjoying it more than AC: Liberation and even more than some main AC games). After that I have D:AE, P4DAN, Trials (which I just bought an hour ago) and Stranger of Sword City. I should probably buy and play Operation Abyss before Stranger but never saw a deal on it. Digitally there is E&L and Ar No Surge. This year I have Zero Time, Odin and Exist Archive preordered so I should be fine. But what about next year????

For the PS4 I was able to face myself and stopped buying games if I have two in the backlog, simply because I cannot afford them after doing my best to support the Vita.

I pretty much only count my backlog as games that I have any intention/strong interest in playing. So most flash sale/steam/ps+ games don't really fall into that. I own right around 1000 games, but I would say my backlog is probably only about 50 games long.

backlog? I generally don't keep a list of games that I haven't played, but I do try to avoid replaying games more then twice. with a few exceptions. As for the still sealed count, my library has 3 PS2 games, 2 DS/3DS games, 1 Wii U game, and 2 LRG Vita games. There are games I want to play, but sometimes I need a break between long SRPGs and I just finished Stella Glow.

I'm currently running through on PC; Skyrim (kind of late to the party here), Evoland, and Half minute hero 2nd coming.

on 3DS I'm playing Puzzle and Dragons Z, and Shante and the Pirate curse.

On the Vita I'm currently sluggishly attempting Stelth Inc 2, and I'm about to start Dungeon Travelers 2 probably this week end.

My Senran Kagura Estival Versus arrived today from Amazon. It was brand new and they actually used a box which did not destroy it. I should buy more "like new" items from Amazon.

Backlog to me means games I plan on playing at some point. Most of my Steam library doesn't fall under that, but most of my console collection does. Still hundreds, if not over a thousand deep.

Of course, I won't likely to ever get through them, so I typically have a short-list.

I pretty much only count my backlog as games that I have any intention/strong interest in playing. So most flash sale/steam/ps+ games don't really fall into that. I own right around 1000 games, but I would say my backlog is probably only about 50 games long.
Yeah this is why I asked cuz this is the same way I approach it. So I typically have like 3 games in my backlog.

I'm backlogged up to my eyes for every system I own, and several that I don't.  I'm going to get around to them all eventually, but at this rate the only way I'll be able to do it is for humanity to finally find a way to upload ourselves into machines and finding a way to link that machine to my Steam account.

But instead of playing through it, I'm reading the Man VS Backlog webcomic.

I plan on getting through my hundreds of backlogged games by continuing to play Destiny every week.  So far it's not working out very well. 

Man over 100 back log.....
I am there. I beat like 16 games a year then somehow ended up buying more and jump back over 100 again and again. Though I am making a dent. already got 6 or so games out of my backlog this year. Typically 1-2 a month though since they are rpgs they take alot longer to get through than a normal game would.

OKAY.  Well I'm going to try to beat the backlog and beat the three games I have left... then I"ll buy more... I just want to get back to 0.

That was the normal GCU price at release.
I think they are talking about the AMZ price glitch. But I remember that was only the PS3 version glitched to 40.

I should have bought it at release with GCU, I wanted to wait until it gets to 40 pre-GCU but BBY has been OOS since long ago.

I think they are talking about the AMZ price glitch. But I remember that was only the PS3 version glitched to 40.

I should have bought it at release with GCU, I wanted to wait until it gets to 40 pre-GCU but BBY has been OOS since long ago.
Actually the PS3 version was $39.99 ($31.99 after GCU) at Best Buy for a little while before they changed it to $49.99. Not sure if Amazon also had a price mistake. The Vita version was always $49.99 ($39.99 GCU) from what I remember.

Actually the PS3 version was $39.99 ($31.99 after GCU) at Best Buy for a little while before they changed it to $49.99. Not sure if Amazon also had a price mistake. The Vita version was always $49.99 ($39.99 GCU) from what I remember.
Ah yes you are absolutely right I rememeber now.

This is why I have a ps3 version and am still on the lookout for a cheap Vita version.

OKAY. Well I'm going to try to beat the backlog and beat the three games I have left... then I"ll buy more... I just want to get back to 0.
Why would you want to be at 0? Then you'll have nothing to play when you beat the last one. You'll have to...replay things *shudder*

My Senran Kagura Estival Versus arrived today from Amazon. It was brand new and they actually used a box which did not destroy it. I should buy more "like new" items from Amazon.
I got mine as well, there is a dent on one side of the box, nothing major. Overall not bad for the price.

Grand Kingdom: Grand Edition pre-orders are nearly sold out!

http://store.nisamerica.com/games/grand-kingdom-grand-edition

And Iffy just sent out a Tweet apologizing that the MegaTagmension L.E.'s only just mailed out today! Arrgh, well hopefully it will arrive before I go out of town next week.
As long as they package it well, I don't care when it arrives. They should definitely take a page from NISA's playbook, as their new releases arrive launch day for me, or before more often than not. I think only once did it arrive after release day.

Anyone know of a way for me to get a good condition outer box for Senran Kagura Estival Versus for Vita? I bought 2 copies from AWD and they both got crushed badly, so I will not risk ordering and returning another copy from them and I would just buy it as GS or something, but I'm not willing to pay full price of the game just for the outer box. Checked on the bay and no one is selling just the outer box for the US version.
It's just a box. Don't expect a mint box from AWD lmao.

Not sure how that's different from ordering it at home but with an extra trip?
You save on shipping, plus you can guarantee that you get a sealed or a complete copy of the game. I did this last time for Aegis of Earth PSVita, a store in another borough had a complete copy gutted but it had the original box. It took less than a week and I paid for it once it arrived and not before.

You save on shipping, plus you can guarantee that you get a sealed or a complete copy of the game. I did this last time for Aegis of Earth PSVita, a store in another borough had a complete copy gutted but it had the original box. It took less than a week and I paid for it once it arrived and not before.
Free shipping over $35 right now for PUR and there's always SAVER. If they're shipping it I'm still not sure how that guarantees you a complete copy if their back end is pulling it from some random store though. Unless you're talking about getting then to do a store transfer which is highly YMMV as I've never had a single employee willing to do that.

You know you've got a problem when your list of "Games to hunt for" also has a "Backlog" list next to it in Google Docs.  Also, your Chrome home page across all your devices is a personal website that links to each system organized by generation that goes to your "Games to hunt for".  I am fairly certain I am not alone in this... concern.

The struggle is real.

Free shipping over $35 right now for PUR and there's always SAVER. If they're shipping it I'm still not sure how that guarantees you a complete copy if their back end is pulling it from some random store though. Unless you're talking about getting then to do a store transfer which is highly YMMV as I've never had a single employee willing to do that.
I didnt know it was YMMV for store to store, I've been to a couple GS in my area and they always try to sell me on if you see it online have it set for delivery to that store and save on shipping (which is what I ended up doing for my Blue PS Vita) and yes Aegis of Earth was store to store but the couple GS I have been to all offer this to me.

Reality:

2f2fa59092dfa3a07860686de3df8bc295a4072636097dc5429359a5860de474.jpg

I've managed to get back to playing some games after a few months off.   The difference between now and before the break is now I don't have as much tollerance for bad or not-great games.  Also some games don't feel at home on the small screen so I'm pushing them off for the PSTV or another platform.  If the experience is not fun or at least thought provoking or something, then I'm dropping it.   Of course some games are good but I'm just not in the mood to play them.  Those can be put off for another day.   But that's how I am about gaming.  A good portion of what I play is purely from just the actual desire and excitement to play something in a specific genre or series because I'm in the mood for it.   I do enjoy trying various games out to see if I'll like the games or not... but that's only so I don't miss out on something that I'd actually find fun.  It's like watching a movie trailer for something you have never heard of just because you are curious if it looks like something enjoyable or not.  Going by word of mouth sometimes is just not enough.

All that said, I've been scouring Amazon looking at all the upcoming games.  Really, it's kind of exciting (yes, exciting) to see so much still is coming for the vita and much of it in genre I actually really like.  This is in addition to all the indie/Digital-only games (which I do LOVE trying out to find the real gems) which I mostly have no clue about but rely on PS+ and sales to deliver.    I'm thinking tomorrow I may finally bite the bullet and get Trails of Cold Steel.  I'm kind of itching to play it.

bread's done
Back