PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this was the reason I ordered the box, as all the loose disc where happening in the bubble mailer. I figured for $5 additional dollars for a "box", they would at least put a piece of paper, or peanuts, or even those air packets along with your order. Why pay for an empty box, when the bubble mailer would provide 10x more protection.

I'm just letting people know not to bother with the box option to try and protect your disc from coming loose, as its more likely to happen in a big empty box, than with the bubble mailer. And your saving $5 dollars in the process.
Not really...loose discs usually happen when a slight pressure is applied to the center of the case. Sony needs to redo their cases and make the disc holder just like the XboxOne cases.

To be fair, loose discs is much less of an issue for PS3-PS4 titles than it ever was for earlier video game systems. I've never gotten a scratched disc for my blu-ray systems, even when the disc was rattling around in its case. Blu-rays are produced in such a way that makes them far more scratch-resistant compared to DVDs. I used to get very irked when I heard a DVD rattling around in its box. When I hear the same for a PS4 title, I just shrug.

Got Tales of Hearts yesterday GameStop has it "new" for 21.99. I haven't bought a game from GameStop in a long time that wasn't some type of special preorder edition. How can they call a game new even though it's been opened the wrapping is off the case and a sticker is on the case itself? If I did that even not playing a game it's not new it's opened....

Got Tales of Hearts yesterday GameStop has it "new" for 21.99. I haven't bought a game from GameStop in a long time that wasn't some type of special preorder edition. How can they call a game new even though it's been opened the wrapping is off the case and a sticker is on the case itself? If I did that even not playing a game it's not new it's opened....
Gamestop has been doing that, and pissing off collectors, for years. If you're really lucky they'll even do it to your preorder edition copy ;)

At least they still sell Vita games. I mean, outside of GS there are no brick&mortar stores anywhere that I know of that are actually stocking new games for the system. Sure some have a game or so on discount that are old stock... and sure maybe you can pre-order at BestBuy... but BB doesn't even order Vita games for the stores anymore.

So, be happy. Sure it sucks to lower yourself to buy an opened game as new, but you still got what is considered one of the best games on the Vita for about 1/2 the MSRP. That's not bad at all. At least you could look it over and see that the case was in good condition still.

Yes it's true. I just would of never considered a game that the packaging is removed to be new even if it was never played and in perfect condition it's open box. Wierd how they do it. I know my BB over the last few months cleared out all vita games. Kinda sad. I like the system I don't know why it never caught on.

When I worked for Gamestop and asked about why they took the games out of the case, the answer was because people steal them constantly. Moving on to retail stores with locked cases, I found people thought I was treating them like a criminal because they couldn't just chose what they wanted like with a movie (at the same time we were told to only have one Bluray of any movie on the shelf at a time due to high theft.) Like it or not, the Gamestop method is a happy medium between the two for a majority of customers.

Since Vita games are one or two per store if no one preordered, they only have one copy to begin with and had to open it up to have a display copy. Any Gamestop with decent management / employees won't open a preordered copy though. 

The Play N Trades around me always get a few copies of new Vita games upon release, and always have a good selection in stores in general. Unfortunately, they do the same as Gamestop with gutting the games and setting them out as new. And the games usually stay at MSRP too. I've never preordered from there before, but I think they keep preorders sealed. 

At least you got the case... a few people have ordered "new" LE/CE versions and received just the cart.

I decided I will go ahead and pre-order Odin Sphere Leifthrasir for Vita. Is the free softcover artbook bonus for pre-ordering a GameStop exclusive? I don't see the free artbook advertised on either Amazon or Best Buy. Thanks.

When I worked for Gamestop and asked about why they took the games out of the case, the answer was because people steal them constantly. Like it or not, the Gamestop method is a happy medium between the two for a majority of customers.
And like it or not, this is why on-line stores like Amazon are doing so much better than brick-and-mortar retail. Amazon doesn't have to worry about their customers stealing the on-shelf inventory. There are no shelves.

And this is why I buy almost all of my new games from Amazon these days. I know they will arrive "new" and unopened.

I decided I will go ahead and pre-order Odin Sphere Leifthrasir for Vita. Is the free softcover artbook bonus for pre-ordering a GameStop exclusive? I don't see the free artbook advertised on either Amazon or Best Buy. Thanks.
Amazon originally advertised it being included with the Vita version, but they don't show that anymore. BB never said it would be included. Some people think it will come with all Vita pre-orders.

If you want it for sure, go with GS.

I know that Amazon had it listed for awhile for both the PS4 and Vita but it's not showing up anymore. I tweeted Atlus and Amazon about it but I haven't received a response yet. I guess for now your best bet would be to pre-order from GameStop for a guaranteed artbook.

The worst is when launch editions of games only come in CE/LE (and sometimes they would gut versions with separate CEs/LEs just to display that version) form, so they would gut that, just to take out the game, and in the process of taking the game out, they pretty much rip and tear every part of the box, and then shove the tattered remains into a drawer until some unsuspecting CAG goes to pick it up, only to be met with awe and disappointment at the condition of the "new" CE/LE.

3Jmz7PR.gif

That's true too.

It's not like Amazon has really been making huge leaps and bounds in packaging their CE/LEs.

Sort of gone backwards in recent years if anything, as apparent by the recent packages I've received from them.

That's true too.

It's not like Amazon has really been making huge leaps and bounds in packaging their CE/LEs.

Sort of gone backwards in recent years if anything, as apparent by the recent packages I've received from them.
I cannot get over what they did to my megaman CE for 3ds those bastards. It was smashed in on mutilple sides some smart guy at amazon didnt put any protection; no bubble wrap or peanuts.

And this is why I buy almost all of my new games from Amazon these days. I know they will arrive "new" and unopened.
Same here. If I want a game new/sealed, I go to Amazon. Especially when games drop in price. The only negative is now coming up with $50 worth of stuff to get the free shipping because I am too cheap for Prime and don't care if I have to wait a week or whatever to get my order.

That said, if I want a game and it's cheaper to get locally, used, or opened/new... I'm more than happy to just hit GS and get their only copy if it's not been abused. I may buy opened games (when it saves $$$) but, I don't want garbage condition stuff in my collection.

And like it or not, this is why on-line stores like Amazon are doing so much better than brick-and-mortar retail. Amazon doesn't have to worry about their customers stealing the on-shelf inventory. There are no shelves.

As a customer for Amazon since its early days, after seeing local shops getting vanished these few years, I prefer to buy from local shops if the price isn't too much difference (and hate Amazon's Prime only price). I want local people to have jobs rather than more people stuck in their warehouse.

Agreed...too many business are closing do I try to buy brick and mortar if possible. If they all went out of business, I guarantee Amazon prices will skyrocket

As a customer for Amazon since its early days, after seeing local shops getting vanished these few years, I prefer to buy from local shops if the price isn't too much difference (and hate Amazon's Prime only price). I want local people to have jobs rather than more people stuck in their warehouse.
I would rather be in a warehouse lol

Trust me, anyone who worked in retail would prefer the warehouse. People are people...I'm going to leave it at that. Lol
Warehouses also tend to pay quite a bit more than an entry level retail position and in most cases management positions as well. As a former Gamestop Assistant Manager I can tell you that the job doesn't pay all that well, at least not when I worked for the company. If I were to ever work retail again it would be to open my own video game store, but I feel that would be a huge gamble around my area with Gamestops and Disc Replays all over the place here.

When I worked for Gamestop and asked about why they took the games out of the case, the answer was because people steal them constantly. Moving on to retail stores with locked cases, I found people thought I was treating them like a criminal because they couldn't just chose what they wanted like with a movie (at the same time we were told to only have one Bluray of any movie on the shelf at a time due to high theft.) Like it or not, the Gamestop method is a happy medium between the two for a majority of customers.

Since Vita games are one or two per store if no one preordered, they only have one copy to begin with and had to open it up to have a display copy. Any Gamestop with decent management / employees won't open a preordered copy though.
It baffles me they don't stock their shelves with cardboard that has a picture glued to it. They don't NEED to have actual game boxes on the shelves, and the degree to which this pisses off a lot of their customers is just not worth it. Hell, putting cardboard on the shelves might be cheaper and easier to do if they only really need one of those per game.

It baffles me they don't stock their shelves with cardboard that has a picture glued to it. They don't NEED to have actual game boxes on the shelves, and the degree to which this pisses off a lot of their customers is just not worth it. Hell, putting cardboard on the shelves might be cheaper and easier to do if they only really need one of those per game.
Gamestop can easily put up dummy cases, but they open a copy for display and for employees to check out and play. I've always thought they should offer some sort of discount on these display copies that they sell because chances are it's been played by an employee, but either way it isn't sealed and should be sold at a discount even if it's only 10% off.

Gamestop can easily put up dummy cases, but they open a copy for display and for employees to check out and play. I've always thought they should offer some sort of discount on these display copies that they sell because chances are it's been played by an employee, but either way it isn't sealed and should be sold at a discount even if it's only 10% off.
Officially employees aren't allowed to check out new games.

You guys also vastly overestimate the amount of people that care about open games.

As far as 10% off doesn't hurt to ask.

You guys also vastly overestimate the amount of people that care about open games.

This could be a new policy, but when I worked there this was definitely allowed and encouraged. I have friends who still work for Gamestop and they still check out new games often as well. I always prefer a sealed game over an already open one, but I have picked several Vita games recently at Gamestop that were open, but if I had the option I would have purchased them elsewhere. Gamestop is the only B&M around me that still has Vita games though.

As far as I can tell, that policy was never removed.

I will never shop at a Gamestop, the people that WOULD complain.... probably do the same. refuse to shop there... so yeah you probably hear from a small number of people in store.

This could be a new policy, but when I worked there this was definitely allowed and encouraged. I have friends who still work for Gamestop and they still check out new games often as well. I always prefer a sealed game over an already open one, but I have picked several Vita games recently at Gamestop that were open, but if I had the option I would have purchased them elsewhere. Gamestop is the only B&M around me that still has Vita games though.
Bad managers then.

bread's done
Back