PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Odin Sphere is sold out on Amazon now too, well it's still available from 3rd parties at a markup I should say.

Saw Shinovi Versus at a pawn shop yesterday for $30, but it's only the cart, case, and artwork--none of the SE materials. I'm feeling hesitant since there don't seem to be many similarly incomplete copies out there for comparison. Is it still worth it?

That's it? Odin Sphere, Horizon, Ori, Yomawari, FF15, No Man's Sky, Persona, and Odin Sphere for me. And I just bought a case of Heroes of the Storm minis (that was missing Tyreal :bomb:)! I haven't bought a non-deeply discounted CE in like two years but this year's going to break me...
"You said Odin Sphere twice."
"I like Odin Sphere."

It's $63 on videogamesplus. He got the better price.
It was cheaper when it first released since the Canadian Dollar was really weak a while back
This I got it for 50-55 at release from them myself thus why I brought it up.

Thanks!

Is there a version for Vita that doesn't have Japanese voice acting with English subs? I see some "English" copies on eBay for ~$35 but don't want one that doesn't have at least the option for Japanese voice acting.

EDIT: everything I've been able to track down, so far, seems to indicate that the localization only added English subs, I just don't want to order a copy off Ebay and find out that the developer interviews I read were premature or just incorrect. :/

It'll be a month before I'm back in the US and can actually lay hands on it, so I'm not in any crazy rush. Just curious. Thanks!
nope jpn audio english sub only.

And I actually bought the iOS version a while back.

Should I just wait for the Vita version before playing it then?
We have no timeline for said Vita version. It's also not officially announced (though at E3....I could see it being announced officially). Plus if you play it now and VLR you can be ready for zero escape 3 at the end of the month.

Hey Tweeg, I think you are missing Trails of Cold Steel on your Vita directory.
NM I'm an idiot, let me delete myself posts.

I like cute little animals. Small dogs, cats especially, deer, and even fat mice. So just between you and me, I would kick the smallest, cutest puppy ever to get the watch from 999: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors. I regret to this day not knowing about the series until it was too late. My favorite game on the DS and tied with two others for my favorite game of all time.

I WANT THAT 999 WATCH! IT IS THE PRECIOUS!!!!

OMFG!!!!! WHEN WHEN WHEN WILL THE WATCH BE AVAILABLE AGAIN???
I can't find the post where I read it, but they said something along the lines that if you missed out on any of the bonus watches, there may be a chance to get the ones you missed at some point in the future. No details where given, so no date, price, or even qty.

And I actually bought the iOS version a while back.

Should I just wait for the Vita version before playing it then?
If you're patient, wait for the Vita version. iOS version strips out the puzzles (which are quite good). We still don't know what kind of port it'll be though, the Vita version could be an iOS port for all we know.

If you have to play it close to ZTD releasing then just play it on iOS. Personally I feel like you're going to lessen the experience by playing it on iOS, but it's better than not playing the game at all.

It's as likely to happen as someone asking for price checks for an old ass outdated motherboard in the steam thread
pb27baO.jpg

Yeah, my order was split in two, and one arrived on Thursday and I'm still waiting on the other. Good fast service though, hopefully the other order doesn't go missing.
Well if it happens to get lost, I hope Steve is a better help than Play-Asia. My package got lost and it took 2-3 months before they decided to send me a replacement

Well if it happens to get lost, I hope Steve is a better help than Play-Asia. My package got lost and it took 2-3 months before they decided to send me a replacement
Yeah, a few years back, I had a Play-Asia issue, and have been gun shy ever since. My Heavy Arm order was registered, so the chances of that being lost are pretty slim, but I don't see an issue either way. I agree, PA isn't the place you want to have issues.

I always forget about Root Letter (and then remember it when someone mentions Root Double).

Sekai Project is the one doing Muv-Luv and Grisaia, right? Be great if LRG did those.

I'm not saying  that it won't happen, but I'd be surprised to see LRG do a physical release for Kickstarter projects that already had a physical version as one of their rewards.

I'm not saying that it won't happen, but I'd be surprised to see LRG do a physical release for Kickstarter projects that already had a physical version as one of their rewards.
Pretty sure they already confirmed this is exactly the case for Cosmic Star Heroine. Apparently backers of the campaign will get the game in a jewel case while they will sell a separate version in a standard PS4 case.

Muv Luv is for the Backers ONLY and Kickstarter exclusive. If you missed out, tough luck. You would have to wait a year or two for Degica to even consider doing another run or doing a retail release

You might be lucky in the sense that Degica has any extra copies to spare

You'd think I would have been able to remember the ONE game they're releasing that I'm interested in, but clearly that isn't the case.

Edit:  Muv-Luv was the one I was thinking of that made me think they wouldn't do them, but that must have been a  Muv-Luv thing and not an LRG thing.

Is there a website that lists all of the PSP games that can only be downloaded to the Vita via PS3? I would like to browse that collection to see if there is something that I want that I didn't know I could play on the Vita. For example I just found out that the Burnout games could be played on the Vita. Thanks

Still debating going with the Rice Digital exclusive for Gal*Gun, but holy hell those prices are nuts. At least they are free shipping worldwide.
Even with a 5% off coupon code they had e-mailed me around the time the Gal*Gun L.E. went up for pre-order it still would have been $90.25. Hard to justify when I'm only getting twenty-hour work weeks (if I'm lucky).

They'll probably clearance them out eventually, and that's when you'll make out like a bandit!...or become double sad because you missed out on the LE and the clearance price. :*(

But I'm a gambling man, so game on! :D
I'm "gambling" on this one as well and hoping it'll drop to $80 or less a bit after release. If I miss out on the L.E., I'll just have to miss out.

I really want Odin Sphere, but I have Shiren coming, and I have to pay off Zero Escape, order Shantae, and I have a convention coming up (Plus I've been buying a lot of anime). I've just been spending too much.
Wish I still had a job making enough to afford both video games and anime, just buying video games since May of last year and it's killing me that I had to forgo buying anything from both the best RACS Christmas sale ever and miss out on the annual RightStuf Christmas Sale... not to mention their semi-recent discounts on already clearance priced anime titles, gah! Haven't even shopped for anime locally since last year. :(

Didn't see this mentioned in the six days worth of posts made since I went to see relatives last week, but NISA sent out an e-mail stating that due to a packaging error, the official release date for physical copies of Grand Kingdom has been bumped forward one week to June 28th.

Wish I still had a job making enough to afford both video games and anime, just buying video games since May of last year and it's killing me that I had to forgo buying anything from both the best RACS Christmas sale ever and miss out on the annual RightStuf Christmas Sale... not to mention their semi-recent discounts on already clearance priced anime titles, gah! Haven't even shopped for anime locally since last year. :(
For what it's worth, I'm not exactly splurging like a lot of people do. Lately Rightstuf has had a bunch of shows for <$10, so I got a bunch of those. And Hastings had a pricing error so I got a bunch of shows for $30.

And last year's Rightstuf Christmas sale sucked it hard. You missed nothing.

And last year's Rightstuf Christmas sale sucked it hard. You missed nothing.
Thanks, I needed to hear that. Not like I've watched all of the thousand+ anime DVDs and VHS tapes I own yet anyways... <sigh>

In Vita specific news.... Just finished watching the Sony E3 conference and what an epic failure! No mention of the Vita at Sony's E3 show, and it capped off with the Sony executive guy saying something about striving to continue to be the best console game system producer on the market... where's the Vita love at Sony dude? :wall:

Thanks, I needed to hear that. Not like I've watched all of the thousand+ anime DVDs and VHS tapes I own yet anyways... <sigh>

In Vita specific news.... Just finished watching the Sony E3 conference and what an epic failure! No mention of the Vita at Sony's E3 show, and it capped off with the Sony executive guy saying something about striving to continue to be the best console game system producer on the market... where's the Vita love at Sony dude? :wall:
The Vita is Dead to Sony lol

Are you really surprised?

I thought the Righstuf Sentai sale at Christmas was pretty awesome.  I spent 400 bucks on a bunch of sets that were discounted to $24.49 each.  Finally bought the whole Patlabor series on blu. 

and yeah, the two < $10 RS Sentai sales they've had so far this spring were pretty awesome too.  I've been spending a ton of money on BD anime lately.  Including importing all of Sword Art Online from JB Hi-Fi in Australia. 

I thought the Righstuf Sentai sale at Christmas was pretty awesome. I spent 400 bucks on a bunch of sets that were discounted to $24.49 each. Finally bought the whole Patlabor series on blu.

and yeah, the two &lt; $10 RS Sentai sales they've had so far this spring were pretty awesome too. I've been spending a ton of money on BD anime lately. Including importing all of Sword Art Online from JB Hi-Fi in Australia.
same here. Black Friday &amp; X-Mas days is good sale

bread's done
Back