PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
9418219673_00f0840be8_o.gif

Is this because I ordered from RACS... which was weird because the mailman mysteriously delivered that package on Sunday.
No, that one is exclusively for the kickstarter ramblings. :D

Although, it would have been had this been the anime deals thread though. ;D

Special just for you, Tweeg.

I'm a little worried. I'm out of town this week and submitted online a couple weeks ago to have my mail put on hold, but I got a notice from Amazon yesterday saying they attempted to deliver Shantae unsuccessfully. I wonder if the post office isn't holding my mail. I guess I have a phone call to make. 

Got my Shantae, haven't played this series before, but this package is very nice, well worth the price:

[attachment=24886:webwxgetmsgimg (1).jpg]

[attachment=24885:webwxgetmsgimg.jpg]

Technically, the same could be said of the screen. Most find the OLED better, but some prefer the softer image of the LCD, so once again, it is ALL personal preference in regards to what you may or may not like or want. So I'm not really sure what your wanting past what has already been stated.
Another thing to note is that older games were designed with the oled in mind while newer games were designed to look better on the lcd.

Batterylife wise I've noticed my battery life is significantly improved when I got it replaced so I honestly just think its sony's battery in the oled that sucks in general.

It really wouldnt be a big deal that you can't transfer saves. I transferred my save from CS1->CS2 and the most I got was some extra items due to my perfect class rating (via a guide). And there will probably be recaps included for CS1&2, like how there is a recap of CS1 in CS2.

Maybe they could read trophy history. "Thanks for playing CS1 & 2! Have some bonus items."

Knowing Falcom, they will probably do an "evolution" version for PS4 of 1&2 - similar to how they did it for Trails in the Sky. And those will probably stay Japan exclusive as well.
From what I remember your starting level and a few other things factor in depending on what your level was when finishing cold steel 1.

Dang this has been a long wait for Muv Luv. I'm glad I did the Kickstarter but man it's going to be ~2 years from the kickstarter to the vita ports. I don't think I can take this kind of wait again. I just hope Vita carts don't abruptly stop being produced middle of the year or something in 2017 and we all get shafted.
It's not as bad as Grisaia. At least Muv Luv is actually getting worked on and is getting a physical release. And a free Figma.

It's not as bad as Grisaia. At least Muv Luv is actually getting worked on and is getting a physical release. And a free Figma.
Looks like the cheapest physical copy of that is $150. Signed and with Figma. Figmas usually costs around $55

Looks like the cheapest physical copy of that is $150. Signed and with Figma. Figmas usually costs around $55
It was $85 for a physical copy with shipping.

I also don't mind the updates for Muv Luv. At least I know it's making progress and I should be getting a product out of the funding. I believe their initial estimate for vita was end of 2017 and they told us up front that the steam version was going to be complete and released first. Not sure why people are bitching about it.

It was $85 for a physical copy with shipping.

I also don't mind the updates for Muv Luv. At least I know it's making progress and I should be getting a product out of the funding. I believe their initial estimate for vita was end of 2017 and they told us up front that the steam version was going to be complete and released first. Not sure why people are bitching about it.
It's still on the kickstarter that the Vita version was estimated for delivery October 2016 with the physical versions November 2016.

Later they bumped it to being available January 2016! (google it)...

Now we are looking at maybe September 2017.

I'm aware of their initial estimate.

They also said the PC version would be out first.

We've never seen any other company delay a game before...

Got my Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero in yesterday, for the Vita and PS4. Sadly, I did not have the time last night to take it for a spin. I've got my family in town this week and it's all-hands-on-deck helping to take care of the various nieces and nephews. I'll probably get a chance sometime over the holidays, though.

I got my Shantae HGH as well.  FANTASTIC job they did on this release.  This is probably one of the best looking and priced packages in a long time.  I wish all the special Vita releases looked this nice.

Agreed, very happy with the release. Got my copy in yesterday as well and shockingly the game box arrived looking mint despite Amazon shipping in an envelope as usual.

With the falcom announcement of cold steel 3 ps4 exclusivity...was a Y's 8 vita release in the west confirmed?

I wish xseed would announce some confirmations and release dates. I would like to see some dates for Y's 8 and trails to zero and azure.

The $80 tier gave you a physical copy of Muv Luv, as well as a code for the platform of your choice (Vita/PC/Android). $80 might seem a lot, but Muv Luv is composed of two games, Extra and Unlimited. You are getting 3 games for the price of $80 as well as a digital code.

The $150 Tier was a very good value considering what you get.

$150 + shipping gets you the Collector's Edition of Muv Luv Vita (or PC) (Degica made it that anyone who back the $150 Edition gets all the Stretch Goals for free for the most part)
- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC or Vita] [Hand-Signed]: 3 Games on 2 individual Carts
- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook [now upgraded to 80-page hardcover]
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC] - yes, you do get both Digital Codes
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [Vita] - yes, you do get both Digital Codes
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Digital Official Muv-Luv Codex
- PC copy of Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers : Basically side stories but are games in themselves.
- Sumika Figma (this was added right before the Kickstarter ended)
It's still on the kickstarter that the Vita version was estimated for delivery October 2016 with the physical versions November 2016.

Later they bumped it to being available January 2016! (google it)...

Now we are looking at maybe September 2017.
Translation of Muv Luv Extra/Unlimited and Muv Luv Alternative took longer than expected. Alternative is close to being finished for PC, so they'll be able to focus all their efforts on the Vita versions.

Muv Luv Vita was separately released January 2016 for Japan. Not the Kickstarter version

Tempted to pick this up at GS but don't know if I want to pay $30 for it. Pirate Curse on the Wii U was great.
The early reviews for 1/2 Genie Hero seem quite positive. It's sounding like it will be at least as good as Pirate's Curse, possibly better. From the previews, it looks like they have done a great job of translating the game into high-resolution vector animations as opposed to the original pixel art. The new graphical assets look like they animate well. I'm really looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

Not surprisingly, both versions of Shantae HGH are "sold out" at BB. Glad I preordered it months ago as soon as it went up. Got my two copies a few days ago, they look fantastic.

Not surprisingly, both versions of Shantae HGH are "sold out" at BB. Glad I preordered it months ago as soon as it went up. Got my two copies a few days ago, they look fantastic.
Gamestop has a ton of them in stock, so I wouldn't worry about the scarcity thing.

BB in general has just been carrying lower than usual stock on Vita games as of late. :p

Shantae HGH is still showing 20% off for Prime members.
It should, since that discount usually shows for a couple of weeks after a game has been released, so it's not just for pre-orders.

What's up with the packaging on Shantae?  I see both a box and a normal clamshell case. The BBY listing doesn't say anything about a special/limited edition but Amazon does show that it comes with a soundtrack and calls it 'Risky Beats Edition'.

Does the soundtrack and game case just come in the box/slipcover? And is that for both PS4 and Vita?

Does the soundtrack and game case just come in the box/slipcover? And is that for both PS4 and Vita?
If you have ordered the "Risky Beats Edition", the game comes in a cardboard box that is larger, and in particular taller, than a standard game case. This cardboard box includes a copy of the game in the standard plastic case, as well as a bundled copy of the CD soundtrack in a cardboard CD case that is roughly the same size as a standard CD keepcase. This is true for both the PS Vita and PS4 versions of the "Risky Beats Edition." Both the Vita and PS4 versions come in an identically sized cardboard box. The Vita version just has some extra air in it because the standard Vita plastic game case is smaller than the PS4 version. The PS4 version fits more snugly in its cardboard box. Both versions include the platform-standard game cases, so you can take those cases out of the cardboard box and place them on your shelf alongside all your other standard case games if you so choose.

I would imagine that non "Risky Beats Editions" will eventually be available, but I think that the "Risky Beats Edition" was the de-facto option for pre-orders.

If you have ordered the "Risky Beats Edition", the game comes in a cardboard box that is larger, and in particular taller, than a standard game case. This cardboard box includes a copy of the game in the standard plastic case, as well as a bundled copy of the CD soundtrack in a cardboard CD case that is roughly the same size as a standard CD keepcase. This is true for both the PS Vita and PS4 versions of the "Risky Beats Edition." Both the Vita and PS4 versions come in an identically sized cardboard box. The Vita version just has some extra air in it because the standard Vita plastic game case is smaller than the PS4 version. The PS4 version fits more snugly in its cardboard box. Both versions include the platform-standard game cases, so you can take those cases out of the cardboard box and place them on your shelf alongside all your other standard case games if you so choose.

I would imagine that non "Risky Beats Editions" will eventually be available, but I think that the "Risky Beats Edition" was the de-facto option for pre-orders.
Awesome, thanks for the detailed answer! I see the one person above who posted some pictures of their copies said they got it from BBY, and the BBY listings do not explicitly state that they are the Risky Beats edition. So I'm guessing that you are correct and all currently available copies are that version.

Tempted to pick this up at GS but don't know if I want to pay $30 for it. Pirate Curse on the Wii U was great.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/shantae-half-genie-hero/131246
I haven't played the game yet so can't offer any insight on that regard. For me it is a well priced game (plus CD freedbie) from a publisher still supporting the Vita, I'm not wealthy (surprise surprise) but I would like to let them know I appreciate their intentions and efforts on delivery.

With the falcom announcement of cold steel 3 ps4 exclusivity...was a Y's 8 vita release in the west confirmed?

I wish xseed would announce some confirmations and release dates. I would like to see some dates for Y's 8 and trails to zero and azure.
No official confirmation of Ys VIII yet. There is speculation that Falcom's president hinted at a western release, but it's not official. I do hope we hear something within the next couple months.

Grabbed  Shinovi Versus and Demon Gaze today from GS.  Both complete.  Had to burn some GS Preowned BF Credit...so I figured why not.

Do the YS games need to be played in order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, no, maybe. If playing them in order you will need the following.:

Y's: The Vanished Omens (aka Book 1):

Sega Master System

NEC Turbo Grafx CD

TTI Turbo Duo

Y's 2: Ancient Y's Vanished:

NEC Turbo Grafx CD - Y's Book 1 and 2

TTI Turbo Duo - Y's Book 1 and 2

Nintendo DS - Legacy of Ys: Books I & II

PSP - Ys I & II Chronicles

Y's 3: Wanderers from Y's:

Sega Genesis

Super Nintendo

NEC Turbo Grafx CD

TTI Turbo Duo

PSP - Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Ys IV: Mask of the Sun - A New Theory:

Vita - Ys: Memories of Celceta

Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand:
Not available outside of Japan

Ys VI: The Ark of Nipishtim:

PlayStation 2

PSP

Ys VII:

PSP

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA:

(coming to North America in 2017, maybe)

Vita

PS4

Ys games absolutely do not need to be played in order. If it makes you feel better you can, but aside from maybe the odd reference you might as well consider them "The Adventures of Adol Christin" -- like "The Mysteries of Nancy Drew"

I will give the strict extemption to Ys 1 & 2 as they take place immediately after each other.

If you have any interest in the Ys series on Vita, go nuts! Play celceta! Play Oath in Felghana! Play Ys 1 & 2! Play Ys Seven! They are AWESOME GAMES :)

If you care about playing any new Vita release any time soon just get a second Vita .
I'm not really the type to have multiple sets of one system.

...He said, while looking at his DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, and New 3DS. (But to be fair, the Lite is an old one that barely works, and I just got the new Black Friday New 3DS.)

And this would be my third Vita since I lost the original, fourth if I include the Vita TV. I guess it's something to think about.

Ninety-five minutes until the Sharin no Kuni KickStarter campaign ends! But the KS exclusive Vita version while you may, time is running out fast!

Ninety-five minutes until the Sharin no Kuni KickStarter campaign ends! But the KS exclusive Vita version while you may, time is running out fast!
It's okay if you don't cuz Limited Run Games will be selling the standard (not exclusive cover art) version at some point.

bread's done
Back