PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem for me is how badly GameStop has screwed up used game pricing. This is not a recent thing, it's been happening for the better part of two decades. And GameStop aren't the only ones contributing to it, EBay is also to blame. But GameStop has definitely been a prime factor.

Basically, used game pricing sucks. Most used games these days are literally $1-$3 cheaper than their brand-new counterparts. At that kind of a difference, there's really no decent reason to go for a used copy. And except in very rare cases, GameStop does not have decent sales. Every once in a while you'll see a B2G1 free sale. But even those are based on the inlfated used pricing which never seems to lower. So their appeal is more than a little limited.

When you compare all this to pricing on brand-new games, the disparity is obvious. GameStop's used pricing never really drops or goes on sale. But brand-new copies at big-box and on-line retailers do go on sale. And occasionally they are put on clearance. Over the past decade, I've found that I can consistently find brand-new copies for cheaper than used copies, pretty much 100% of the time. I often have to be patient, but for the discerning shopper used pricing at GameStop has essentially killed used game shopping. Rarity, and the occasional game that slips out of wide availability is now the only reason I ever go into a GameStop. And nine times out of ten, I leave without buying anything.

Once upon a time going into used game stores was a thrilling hunt for me. It was possible to find decent prices, bargains, and the occasional rare gem. GameStop has ruined all of that.
This just in: Gamestop not really a good deal.

Buying Vita games works well from Gamestop because there is little for them to screw up.  Just basically "does it have the original case artwork?".   Those tiny cases that barely receive or show damage from even the worst of owners.  So it's fun hunting.  I find about one Vita game I want to buy each time I visit a store, but am never able to find the right games to complete a valuable B2G1 transaction.  However, it's pretty nice being able to walk into a B&M store and buy something cool for $20 on a whim.  There's something valuable about that.  Vita games are probably the most interesting section of their stores, too.  Unfortunately a lot of vita games are $29.99 and up still. 

I never shop there, but as far as I'm concerned, Gamestop is the reason I have an NA region Xenoblade (and therefore indirectly every other Xenoblade title since), so I don't hate them.

I posted this over in the LRG thread, but here would probably be better. Slain for the Vita is back in stock, but only limited to 300, and that includes those who preordered for this second run, so they may not last long.

https://signatureeditiongames.com/collections/ps-vita-games/products/slain-back-from-hell-standard-edition-psvita?utm_source=Signature+Edition+Games&utm_campaign=00d45685ae-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_10_12&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f8579ce907-00d45685ae-116382969&mc_cid=00d45685ae&mc_eid=d6f3f1d6c0

Got a call today from Gamestop indicating I could pick up my preordered copy of Bad Apple Wars Launch Edition tonight after 9pm EST.  Didn't realize that 9pm Thursday was considered Friday.....

Got a call today from Gamestop indicating I could pick up my preordered copy of Bad Apple Wars Launch Edition tonight after 9pm EST. Didn't realize that 9pm Thursday was considered Friday.....
It has been on the west coast for awhile now, as most midnight releases happen at 9pm now. If your on the east coast, I can't speak to that, but a few years ago, 9pm became 12 for many releases(not all, but some). It's better for staff, as they don't have to pay employees to work until midnight, so since it's technically 12, they can sell the items without getting in trouble, and they only pay 30 minutes of overtime(if that). LOL

It has been on the west coast for awhile now, as most midnight releases happen at 9pm now. If your on the east coast, I can't speak to that, but a few years ago, 9pm became 12 for many releases(not all, but some). It's better for staff, as they don't have to pay employees to work until midnight, so since it's technically 12, they can sell the items without getting in trouble, and they only pay 30 minutes of overtime(if that). LOL
Yeah....I'm on the East coast, that's why it was odd to me. Is there a big release tomorrow? I'm guessing they aren't staying open just for this game (mine was the store's only preorder anyway).

Yeah....I'm on the East coast, that's why it was odd to me. Is there a big release tomorrow? I'm guessing they aren't staying open just for this game (mine was the store's only preorder anyway).
Checking Gamefaqs, and it looks like Friday the 13th, The Evil Within 2, and WWE DE launch on Friday. I don't think any are midnight releases, but I never go to those launches, so no telling what level of games are offered. It used to be AAA titles, or new systems, but what do I know? LOL

I was at Gamestop for the buy 4 for whatever sale. I was disgusted with the cases and everything available that I couldn't even buy anything from the mall Gamestop that had more of the titles. There is a closer Gamestop to my house that is very clean and has nice people, but yeah some Gamestops are disgusting!

I posted this over in the LRG thread, but here would probably be better. Slain for the Vita is back in stock, but only limited to 300, and that includes those who preordered for this second run, so they may not last long.

https://signatureeditiongames.com/collections/ps-vita-games/products/slain-back-from-hell-standard-edition-psvita?utm_source=Signature+Edition+Games&utm_campaign=00d45685ae-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_10_12&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f8579ce907-00d45685ae-116382969&mc_cid=00d45685ae&mc_eid=d6f3f1d6c0
Bought the PS4 version instead. :lol:

I'd say a good half of my Vita games came from GS. The discount card, buy 2 get 1 coupons, using points to get vouchers for cash towards games, and sales made the experience quite excellent. The only better deals were for new games discounted from Target, Walmart, Best Buy and on Amazon. I, personally, have no problems utilizing ALL of the stores available to me when building a collection or hunting a specific game. GS worked out great when I was building my collection since I was smart enough to ONLY shop in the stores and I'd utilize the GS website to check all of the stores within about 75 miles of me for each game I was hunting and I'd plan a little game hunting trip around that (or along side doing something else). It was the most fun I've had collecting since my NES days when I'd hit every rental place around that was liquidating their massive stock of games. Granted, it was a lot more work removing stickers and "permanent" marker in the NES days (when NES was phasing out)... but that thrill of the hunt was pretty exceptional due to the occasional surprise finds of games I didn't even know existed.

Now, I don't really collect for any systems... I only buy the games I really want to play.
For sure! I know over half my Vita games are from Gamestop. Last night I checked another Gamestop for Vita games. I ended up getting The Walking Dead, Rayman Origins (or Legends, the cheaper one), Dragon's Crown, and Angry Birds SW, all for $16. Not too shabby for filling out my collection!

If I order 5 or so of the same pre-owned Vita game from Gamestop's website, will I have more of a chance of getting a complete copy? Or do they send out the complete copies first, so once you get a copy in a sleeve you know that's all that is left? I wouldn't mind trying this out and returning the rest if I knew there was a good shot at getting one...

Where do these GS with complete Vita games dwell, the shadow realm?
LOL, good one.

Like I said recently, my nearest store doesn't have them on display, and you have to ask for what they have, and what's complete, which I'm not doing. Other stores that still have them on display, I would say have at least half complete.

Some have more, some have less, but anywhere I see them displayed, there is always a good amount of completes to be had. Sadly, most I already have, and the ones I don't are priced to high.

If I order 5 or so of the same pre-owned Vita game from Gamestop's website, will I have more of a chance of getting a complete copy? Or do they send out the complete copies first, so once you get a copy in a sleeve you know that's all that is left? I wouldn't mind trying this out and returning the rest if I knew there was a good shot at getting one...
I would assume that the more you order, the more likely you are to get a complete copy. On the other hand, I ordered 8 Vita games, and got 8 cart only. They were all different games, but to me at least, it seems like they prefer to ship out cart only games...

No, you won't. They'll just ship you 5 bare carts and move on, the only way to get complete copies is in-store. Don't waste your time.

No, you won't. They'll just ship you 5 bare carts and move on, the only way to get complete copies is in-store. Don't waste your time.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if at this point, they are just tossing the case and sleeve, and shipping the cart only to save on shipping. Nothing GS does at this point is ever shocking, and I would recommend shopping in store only as well.

CMThSEJWwAAgD9H.jpg

I tried this, it didn't work (got five cart-only copies). It's theoretically possible, but very unlikely.

That's unfortunate to hear. Guess I'll be returning that Toukiden 2 I purchased on their site yesterday.

Any luck on ordering "new" copies?
If you order a "new" game, you'll get a "new" game. Quotes are intentional because "new" at Gamestop generally means the shrinkwrap has been removed, but you'll get the case with art. I've only seen one occurrence where this wasn't the case, and it caused enough of an uproar on my regular forums that I don't think it's commonplace.

That's unfortunate to hear. Guess I'll be returning that Toukiden 2 I purchased on their site yesterday.

Many people have complained about getting gutted/stickered/beat up copies even when ordering brand new games from GS, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Vita games are more consistently complete than say 3DS games. I've gotten plenty used/"new" when they go cheap enough that are complete at least. The small size of the boxes means they generally don't toss them.

Many people have complained about getting gutted/stickered/beat up copies even when ordering brand new games from GS, so I wouldn't hold your breath.
found out awhile back when i ordered a new game online, besides recieving it from a local store was also sold new but not wrapped and missing somethings, at some point with the implementing of their slightly new policys that has made many workers quit who didnt agree with how they....well i dont know the time frame but basically if you dont preorder from them, about a week later, they are told to unwrap and prep the game for the transition to used and gs is anal about putting sale tags on both sides and it sticks better unwrapped and saves time when they are told to put a new used price sticker since they just cover it up. was still able to return my purchase but said it isnt unusual that it happens but said it was still new and had nothing to worry about. so just a psa to others who wait for price drops what to expect in the future if you plan on getting a game late from gs

Last time I ordered I went 1/2. There's just no copies of Toukiden 2 anywhere close to me so I needed to take that leap. Game is over 40 in most places besides GS

So where would the best place be to actually BUY a PS Vita console? I'd imagine all of the clearance sales at Target and Walmart are long gone by now, so what's the cheapest I can expect to pay for a new Vita? $200? Should I just use my Amazon Prime account and get a cool Japanese color since they apparently are region-free? Is it worth it at all considering the dearth of support the unit has apparently received? Thoughts and opinions are most welcome.

I'd grab an OG model off eBay (the OLED screen is important to me, but the other pros/cons should be analyzed on a subjective basis). Do you like JRPGs and visual novels? If so, then definitely get a damn Vita and get one now! If Japanese games aren't your bag, then I don't think the system is even remotely worth owning.

For me, I'd go the Amazon.jp route for a colored unit. If you don't care about condition, you can go to Amazon warehouse. Dealseeker posted this week that there are several (A) acceptable condition vitas for $124. Also, GS carries used ones for $160.

For me, I'd go the Amazon.jp route for a colored unit. If you don't care about condition, you can go to Amazon warehouse. Dealseeker posted this week that there are several (A) acceptable condition vitas for $124. Also, GS carries used ones for $160.
This^

Amazon JP is normally under $200 shipped, and you get a good selection of choices and colors. As for the death of the system, I've bought more games for my Vita since launch than other handheld or console, and continue to do so to this day. If it's dead, I'm not seeing it. LOL

Also, prices on systems and games have been steadily rising since those ****tards Sony stop producing units for the US. So if your interested, prices aren't going to get any better down the road, so get in while you can.

I grabbed a Vita from Gamestop and wow was it in horrible condition. Scratches everywhere and it was $160. I returned it the next day. I had the Vita Slim in my hands and it feels not as durable or didn't feel like a Vita. If Gamestop has their Aqua blue one maybe get it if it's in good condition with its box. You can check Pawn America online or at the store if they have some. I scored an OLED Vita with it's cable for $30 bulks with shipping included. $180-200 is the price range for a new Vita. For used they would be $110-140 if you find one on ebay with everything included. Some sellers may sell Vitas for cheaper as they bought one but don't use it anymore since the PS4 has mostly taken over Sony Playstation and gamers interest. People are still surprised that they're new games being released for the Vita. One note, I just bought Bad Apple Wars from Gamestop and the box is pretty small. Smaller than a PS4 game case. I thought a Soundtrack was included but guess not.  

If you order a "new" game, you'll get a "new" game. Quotes are intentional because "new" at Gamestop generally means the shrinkwrap has been removed, but you'll get the case with art. I've only seen one occurrence where this wasn't the case, and it caused enough of an uproar on my regular forums that I don't think it's commonplace.

found out awhile back when i ordered a new game online, besides recieving it from a local store was also sold new but not wrapped and missing somethings, at some point with the implementing of their slightly new policys that has made many workers quit who didnt agree with how they....well i dont know the time frame but basically if you dont preorder from them, about a week later, they are told to unwrap and prep the game for the transition to used and gs is anal about putting sale tags on both sides and it sticks better unwrapped and saves time when they are told to put a new used price sticker since they just cover it up. was still able to return my purchase but said it isnt unusual that it happens but said it was still new and had nothing to worry about. so just a psa to others who wait for price drops what to expect in the future if you plan on getting a game late from gs
In this thread back many months ago (maybe even a year) some CAG purchased a "New" Vita game, and got just the cart from GS. Was a fairly recent game also, not a few year old game.

If you are going to shop at GS... go in store. Just know that vast majority of the time, you can beat GS almost anywhere else.

So where would the best place be to actually BUY a PS Vita console? I'd imagine all of the clearance sales at Target and Walmart are long gone by now, so what's the cheapest I can expect to pay for a new Vita? $200? Should I just use my Amazon Prime account and get a cool Japanese color since they apparently are region-free? Is it worth it at all considering the dearth of support the unit has apparently received? Thoughts and opinions are most welcome.
I bought one on eBay last week, PCH1001 with a $125 buy it now with free shipping. It arrived this week and looks brand new, not a scratch on it anywhere! Complete with all accessories and one game. If you check descriptions and pictures (shop around a bit), you can get lucky.

In this thread back many months ago (maybe even a year) some CAG purchased a "New" Vita game, and got just the cart from GS. Was a fairly recent game also, not a few year old game.

If you are going to shop at GS... go in store. Just know that vast majority of the time, you can beat GS almost anywhere else.
That is indeed the incident I'm talking about. It was Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 I believe, and the guy was able to take it back to GS.

Had to exchange my Bad Apple Wars Day One.  They sent it in one of those glue paper roller things.  Whoever invented that needs to be sent through the glue paper roller machine as punishment for being stupid.

Had to exchange my Bad Apple Wars Day One. They sent it in one of those glue paper roller things. Whoever invented that needs to be sent through the glue paper roller machine as punishment for being stupid.
LOL, so true. I was going to order online, but my few standard game orders online always come that way, so I ordered in store a few days ago. For a stand alone game it's fine, but Amazon uses that for books as well, and I agree, this method is ass at best. I need to sit down and invent a method that cheap, but still secures the items, as the industry on the whole, is just getting worse and worse when it comes to packaging methods.

I didn't know if the book would be in the packaging, or outside. So I was actually worried my store copy would be damaged to, but since it comes in a box/sleeve deal, I was good. My store had 2 preorders, and one extra, so maybe check locally and do an exchange(be quick though).

I came in to pick mine up right behind the other preorder, and the staff was shocked two people came in minutes apart for a Vita title. LOL One of the staff actually was debating getting the one last copy, as she knew it wouldn't be around long.

Are you talking about Slain? I really liked that one, although to be fair I love old Castlevania games and over-the-top metal, so I'm pretty much the target demographic there.
The thing is I also loved the old Castlevanias, so a metal Castlevania sounded like an awesome thing.. but I still couldn't get into it. Some other people seem to like it though so it could just be me.

In what way? I am actually thinking about buying it digitally when it gets cheap.
The graphics look like a mess, the music is repetitive, lots of cheap deaths, dull level design.

Had to exchange my Bad Apple Wars Day One. They sent it in one of those glue paper roller things. Whoever invented that needs to be sent through the glue paper roller machine as punishment for being stupid.
Really curious what this new glue paper roller thing looks like.. don't think I've ever encountered it yet.

Really curious what this new glue paper roller thing looks like.. don't think I've ever encountered it yet.
You know how food can be vacuum sealed with saran wrap to keep it fresh? Now picture that same technique with thin cardboard..........Yeah, it's about as worthless as you can imagine. The recommendation to beat the guy who invented it, is a very sound recommendation, as it's the latest shipping method, and it's worse than anything else before it.

EDIT: So before your item has even left shipping, it's already been crushed by getting vacuum sealed with cardboard, just terrible.

The thing is I also loved the old Castlevanias, so a metal Castlevania sounded like an awesome thing.. but I still couldn't get into it. Some other people seem to like it though so it could just be me.
Eh, it happens. I like Nintendo, I like platformers, I like games with a goofy sense of humor. But I hate Kirby. Go figure. Life can't always make sense, right?

Lol, I know. I'm hoping the Sony thread is a safe place to announce that. I'd get crucified for posting that in a Nintendo thread!
I don't like Kirby either, and I don't think I've ever finished one game. The pace is just to slow for me, and the mechanics just don't interest me. Epic Yarn and the DS one, where you have tons of Kirby's, are probably my most played in the series. The reason I probably played those most, is that they are the most different than the standard games I suppose. So your not alone, and if someone want's to give me **** about it, go for it, as you all know I love good "N" debates. LOL

bread's done
Back