PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
It's okay.

It ended up not being as good of a deal as it could've been because shipping is considerably up, and also, none of my rolling codes seem to be working anymore.

Probably just going to pass.

Wth PA!?
Not even GEMATSU? Shipping was $9 for me. After discount, 36. Still good for two

New Vita owner here. 2nd version Slim Model. Looking forward to getting into this system's lineup. The JRPG lineup is pretty stout. 

Do those import Memory card adapters work at all? The ones that convert a normal memory card to a Vita spec card? 

Still better than paying 60+ for both
I didn't even want these before the sale, so it's still $37 more than I would've wanted to pay for them. ;D

But yeah, it's still not a bad deal, but ugh, some things like shipping costs just feel like such a waste to me.

Just one of my pet peeves when it comes to buying.

Do those import Memory card adapters work at all? The ones that convert a normal memory card to a Vita spec card?
From what I know of those, they only work with the OG Phat model, and only the ones with a 3G port. You also have to be running a CFW as well. So having a recent 2000 pretty much means......no, no and no. LOL

From what I know of those, they only work with the OG Phat model, and only the ones with a 3G port. You also have to be running a CFW as well. So having a recent 2000 pretty much means......no, no and no. LOL
Thanks man! Guess I have to bite the bullet and get the Sony ones.

You win this round, Semispheres.

tumblr_lx1gdizkcw1qm345ao1_500.gif

That's the old adapter. The new adapter uses the game card slot.

However, of course, you need a 3.60 or earlier Vita and have homebrew enabler installed (I wouldn't consider that's CFW since that isn't a firmware) and you will be shut out from PSN or risking banned. Fun if you have a spare Vita, you can load tons of emulators on it.

That's the old adapter. The new adapter uses the game card slot.

However, of course, you need a 3.60 or earlier Vita and have homebrew enabler installed (I wouldn't consider that's CFW since that isn't a firmware) and you will be shut out from PSN or risking banned. Fun if you have a spare Vita, you can load tons of emulators on it.
Very true, not CFW in the traditional sense, but since it can only be done on a certain FW or below, I personally consider it CFW. I would also guess that for those who are using homebrew, getting banned isn't to much of an issue, as if you have homebrew, accessing PSN is really no longer needed. But for those just looking to add more memory, it's of course a very real threat and should of course be considered.

My Nonary Games arrived, one out of three did arrive complete.

The other two weren't complete, and the cases were also scattered all over the envelope.

Worked out this time! :D

If you guys didn't pick up any of the Play Asia Exclusives, right now they are on sale for 2 for 29.99 (the ones that have Black Friday icon).

Personally picked up Semispheres and Tachyon Project for 36 after using the GEMATSU $3 off coupon. Heck of a deal.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/BLACKFRIDAY2017?ref=Black2017_webskin
Not sure what happened, but I somehow got four PS4 Play-Asia exclusives for $29.99 plus $19.44 shipping. It showed up in my cart as $29.99 for Caveman Warriors, then Rive Orange LE, Tachyon Project LE, and Alchemic Jousts for $0.00 each. I also added the GEMATSU coupon for $3 off. That's $46.43 shipped, or $11.61 per game.

YMMV. Not sure if it'll work for Vita, since I preordered everything for Vita long ago without even thinking about it.

Not sure what happened, but I somehow got four PS4 Play-Asia exclusives for $29.99 plus $19.44 shipping. It showed up in my cart as $29.99 for Caveman Warriors, then Rive Orange LE, Tachyon Project LE, and Alchemic Jousts for $0.00 each. I also added the GEMATSU coupon for $3 off. That's $46.43 shipped, or $11.61 per game.

YMMV. Not sure if it'll work for Vita, since I preordered everything for Vita long ago without even thinking about it.
Caveman Warriors is the key. I tested out all the other combinations, and none of them worked the same.

You also can't adjust any of the quantities added, but if you keep adding each of the PA exclusives one at a time into the cart, it'll just keep adding it as $0.

Just made an order,

nLW18po.png

and now to patiently wait for my cancellation email. :D

Holy f*co. Thank you good sir! I just placed order with vita version of tachyon project and it checked out, so it does work

if you check the page for caveman warriors, they have a free gift section with the PA exclusives. Think it's supposed to only be one free game, but it's bugged right now.

Waiting for cancellation as well

if you check the page for caveman warriors, they have a free gift section with the PA exclusives. Think it's supposed to only be one free game, but it's bugged right now.

Waiting for cancellation as well
All PA exclusives are supposed to be BOGO atm, but this glitch only appears to be happening with Caveman Warriors being in the cart, and not the others by themselves. XD

All PA exclusives are supposed to be BOGO atm, but this glitch only appears to be happening with Caveman Warriors being in the cart, and not the others by themselves. XD
Oh because of the black Friday special pricing 2 for $29.99 deal; that completely slipped my mind.

A win for us either way!...until PA comes up with some bs and cancels the orders anyway 😅

This brought my mood up tho, been a pretty bad weekend for me with trying to buy things

Oh because of the black Friday special pricing 2 for $29.99 deal; that completely slipped my mind.

A win for us either way!...until PA comes up with some bs and cancels the orders anyway

This brought my mood up tho, been a pretty bad weekend for me with trying to buy things
Fingers crossed like a pretzel right now! ;D

Caveman Warriors is the key. I tested out all the other combinations, and none of them worked the same.

You also can't adjust any of the quantities added, but if you keep adding each of the PA exclusives one at a time into the cart, it'll just keep adding it as $0.

Just made an order,

Damn my order is prob going to get cancelled regardless but thanks

Did you pay with paypal? I paid with paypal and my order is stuck at "Waiting for payment". Not sure if that's normal, never bought anything from Playasia before.
Sort of.

I logged into Paypal first, then used their normal checkout, and then chose Paypal at the end to finish the checkout.

I normally would just check out from the start with Paypal, but for some reason it's being wonky since yesterday, so did it this way instead.

Sort of.

I logged into Paypal first, then used their normal checkout, and then chose Paypal at the end to finish the checkout.

I normally would just check out from the start with Paypal, but for some reason it's being wonky since yesterday, so did it this way instead.
Yeah it's showing "Paid" now.

inb4 they only ship Caveman Warriors and nothing else lol

Just made an order,

nLW18po.png

Just tried the same thing, but paypal is showing $330+ dollars if I go through with the transaction even though play-asia is only showing the $60ish. Not taking a chance and ending up with a huge $300+ headache. Possibly that they just fixed it or the amount drops down once heading back to play-asia website. Either way, not worth the risk to me. Good luck!

Just tried the same thing, but paypal is showing $330+ dollars if I go through with the transaction even though play-asia is only showing the $60ish. Not taking a chance and ending up with a huge $300+ headache. Possibly that they just fixed it or the amount drops down once heading back to play-asia website. Either way, not worth the risk to me. Good luck!
Are you going through the method mentioned above?

If you checkout starting with Paypal, Paypal will mark it as such, which happened for me too.

I logged into Paypal first, then checkedout through their website checkout, but on the page where you enter the code GEMATSU, and choose payment method (pick Paypal), after clicking Paypal to checkout there, then it recognized it as the sale price.

I also had that problem before earlier, and had to figure out a way to work around it.

I mean, it could be dead now, but try that too, and see if it works.

Did you go to the end of normal checkout? It shows $330+ for me when I tried instant checkout with paypal, but showed the correct price at the end of the normal checkout and after selecting paypal that way

EDIT: Got Squareharded

For my order, I wound up adding in something that I was going to order when their BF sale first started but shipping was rape; they wanted $15 to ship an art book or $40 for two.

Added one of them and extra cost of shipping was only $4 more than what it coat to ship the order of just the games.

FYI if anyone else wanted even more bang for their buck.

For my order, I wound up adding in something that I was going to order when their BF sale first started but shipping was rape; they wanted $15 to ship an art book or $40 for two.

Added one of them and extra cost of shipping was only $4 more than what it coat to ship the order of just the games.

FYI if anyone else wanted even more bang for their buck.
Yeah, the threshold for shipping cost seems to be touchy.

I had 10 items in my cart, but added an extra one, and my shipping jumped up $8-$9 just with that one extra game.

But since they were all free anyways, I figured might as well if it eventually ships. ;D

Tried to checkout with only Semispheres and Tachyon Project, but neither credit card nor Paypal checkout will go through for me. I hope they get this fixed before I lose interest.

You don't need a 3G port. The benefit there is so you can have a microSD + a real cart + a real memory card. Otherwise, you have to give up one of slots.

You don't need a 3G port. The benefit there is so you can have a microSD + a real cart + a real memory card. Otherwise, you have to give up one of slots.
Yeah, I figured that out after the fact. LOL If I had to give up my cart slot for bigger memory, where I could store "ALL" my games, that's an easy trade off to make.

Status on my Playasia order changed to "Packing order". Looks like they may be honoring them.

EDIT: Spoke too soon.. "Order on hold" LOL

They also put a hold on the promotion too, lol.

They must be having flashbacks of the last time they decided to fulfill those glitch orders. XD
I just got this email..

"We have encountered some issues in accepting orders for the Black Friday Sale
promotion. We have advertised the promotion as a buy one get one item free for some
of our products however the system accepted a number of products under one. Please
provide us the item that you would like to get for free so that we can make some
amendments.

Should you be able to provide us the details on how you were able to process this,
kindly send us the information to help us fix the glitch.

Thank you for choosing Play-Asia.com where we value your business.

Best regards,

Play-Asia.com Customer Support"

So they're not honoring the glitch orders, and I'm not sure how to respond. Do you just reply to the email or what? There's no way I'm going to pay $30 for any of those 2 games so I need a refund.

I just got this email..

"We have encountered some issues in accepting orders for the Black Friday Sale
promotion. We have advertised the promotion as a buy one get one item free for some
of our products however the system accepted a number of products under one. Please
provide us the item that you would like to get for free so that we can make some
amendments.

Should you be able to provide us the details on how you were able to process this,
kindly send us the information to help us fix the glitch.

Thank you for choosing Play-Asia.com where we value your business.

Best regards,

Play-Asia.com Customer Support"

So they're not honoring the glitch orders, and I'm not sure how to respond. Do you just reply to the email or what? There's no way I'm going to pay $30 for any of those 2 games so I need a refund.
I responded with, "If the order is unable to be processed as placed, I would like to cancel the order and receive a refund". I doubted that the order would go through, but it was worth a shot.

I'm kind of glad they aren't honoring it.  sometimes glitches sort of cross from 'cool deal' to borderline theft, and this one, honestly, kind of crossed the line for me.  that said, i wouldn't have begrudged anyone who got away with it.

I'm kind of glad they aren't honoring it. sometimes glitches sort of cross from 'cool deal' to borderline theft, and this one, honestly, kind of crossed the line for me. that said, i wouldn't have begrudged anyone who got away with it.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I did, however, place an order, and was sure to make a point in my response about how glitchy the checkout process has been historically, and how the company needs to redevelop the process to make it easier and more accessible for everyone. Just as shady as it is to take advantage of a glitch, I feel as though it is just as shady to continue to allow glitches that prevent access to the coupon fields, or glitches that prevent the use of PayPal. Checking out an order on Play Asia has never been an easy task, so I hope they finally put some effort into revamping the process.

[SIZE=1em]Picked up used copies of Puyo Puyo Tetris (import), Child of Light, and Rayman Origins for a total of $33.30 shipped at eStarland.com using code THANKS10 for $10 off $40 or more of preowned items. [/SIZE] :whistle2:$

bread's done
Back