PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadn't seen any comments on this and it not be on topic (seems mostly LE game discussions).  As I was at GS yesterday, I noticed that their PO Vitas are on sale or had a price reduction to $139.99 for both OLED and slim versions.

As such, I'm back in the market for a Vita as I traded it (OLED) in a year or more back where I got $150 in trade w/bonuses.  Having said that, just wanted feedback on which one I should pick up.  Both are pretty plentiful around me so I'll hit a few stores to pick the best of the bunch.  No plans to mod or do CFW.

I'm aware of the OLED fans/benefits but my experience was that the original didn't have a great battery life, a few hours at best.  I don't know if the better screen overcomes the lower (session) battery life.  Guess I'm spoiled with my 3DS battery life.  Also for those of you that have had yours for a while, anything I should be looking for to avoid other than obvious cosmetic issues, like screen anomalies, dead pixels, etc? 

Lastly, I do have accessories that are compatible with the OLED (fitted cases, screen protectors, cabling, etc) so that is a plus for OLED version.  If I got a slim, I'd have to replace a lot of those items.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

There's not a whole lot of Japanese games that's digital only, right?

I mean, there's Nurse Love Addiction. I guess. Though I'm not nitro. And a couple of otome games I also wouldn't bother with.

Atelier Plus games would be awesome.

A.W. Phoenix Fiesta would be as exciting as Croixleur Sigma, so above average, but not a blow-your-mind title. Revenant Saga in the same tier.

Stranger of Sword City Revisited would be a big one for me, personally. I put off playing more of the vanilla, waiting for it to be 75% off digitally.

Adventures of Mana, I'd be impressed and buy.

Sayonara UmiharaKarase would probably get a lot of people excited, but it's not my thing.

Fallen Legion was announced by ESRB, without them mentioning LRG.

Fez and I'm dumping everything LRG. I know it's not JP.
Nurse Love Addiction was confirmed for physical release by LRG

LRG mentioned going after the Atelier games, but it seems they've hit roadblocks since in their /r/Vita AMA. I doubt they're coming at this point, but fingers crossed.

A.W. got an Asia-English release, but it seems pretty scarce now. LRG has mentioned they're trying to avoid overlap with other regions going forward.

Sayonara UmiharaKarase was mentioned by one of the other limited publishers. Strictly Limited? Signature Edition? Something like that. Overlap comment applies here too.

I'm personally more interested in LRG's localization project, though. They've kept it under wraps for a while, but they've hinted that they're paying to localize something.

I can understand not overlapping regions, but at the same time, they're still other regions. I guess it's easy to assume that if people are going for Vita games they're comfortable with importing, but it'd still be nice to get a release. Especially since LRG versions may be cheaper, actually, most likely, would be cheaper than an Asia-English release. I think it would only benefit the consumer in this case.

I just received an email from Best Buy informing that the release date for Velocity 2X has been pushed back to March 6th! Holy hell.

I guess it'd be nice if they were localizing Bullet Girls or something. Won't have licensing issues like Saki / Girls und Panzer would, and would be free advertisement when the content gets picked up by the news. Sort of a win/win!

Definitely got annoyed when LRG did Deemo since I imported the Asia release. But that is just me.
I actually planned to import it many times, and just kept putting it off, and my slow action paid off for that one. I have been burned a few times in the past, it's just the nature of the beast I suppose.

It is crazy, especially considering the EU version came out months ago.
Yeah, so long as it still shows up, I'm cool with the wait. I hate when they do this shit, and then over time, it never happens. Teslagrad is a prime example, and was never officially cancelled. Just swept under the rug to be forgotten. I'm happy to import if it's not gonna happen, these guys just need to step up when that's the case and state as much.

Yes, but remember, this game was supposed to be released back in October. And as far as I know, neither the devs nor publisher has addressed what has caused the delays. 

Yes, but remember, this game was supposed to be released back in October. And as far as I know, neither the devs nor publisher has addressed what has caused the delays.
Yeah, I didn't even know the EU version had released already. That makes the delay here even more strange. Also, isn't this release just an extra sleeve or something(with bonus content in game), no real extra's like Axiom had right?

Yeah, I didn't even know the EU version had released already. That makes the delay here even more strange. Also, isn't this release just an extra sleeve or something(with bonus content in game), no real extra's like Axiom had right?
"Also includes: Exclusive making-of documentary, original soundtrack CD, and exclusive studio booklet."

"Also includes: Exclusive making-of documentary, original soundtrack CD, and exclusive studio booklet."
Those are some decent freebies I suppose, but they come in the standard case I believe, which is probably better. As those Axiom Verge boxes where tissue paper thin and got damaged with the slightest of touches.

I am probably a bit late to ask this, but I am looking for the Minecraft and MLB 15 cases that contain(ed) the download voucher.  If anyone has them and wants to trade PM me. 

In other news I am one game away from a Region 1 Vita set (plus the above if you count them).  Never really thought I would do something like that, but I started buying lots of used games when it was clear the flow of releases was numbered. I wanted to have a steady stream of stuff to play since I would suspect this is the best true handheld we will see any time soon (and its my favorite system since the TurboGrafx). Only thing I paid over retail for was the Retro City Rampage release for $65 new off eBay. 

Thanks for your sheets Tweeg, they were helpful!  At some point I want to dig into the release notes.  I actually have two different covers for Killzone and I was totally unaware that there were cover variants outside of LRG.  I bought a good portion of my games used so I don't know what does and does not have an insert, but it might be fun to try and update the release notes to include which games came with a manual/ insert etc.

I am probably a bit late to ask this, but I am looking for the Minecraft and MLB 15 cases that contain(ed) the download voucher. If anyone has them and wants to trade PM me.

In other news I am one game away from a Region 1 Vita set (plus the above if you count them). Never really thought I would do something like that, but I started buying lots of used games when it was clear the flow of releases was numbered. I wanted to have a steady stream of stuff to play since I would suspect this is the best true handheld we will see any time soon (and its my favorite system since the TurboGrafx). Only thing I paid over retail for was the Retro City Rampage release for $65 new off eBay.

Thanks for your sheets Tweeg, they were helpful! At some point I want to dig into the release notes. I actually have two different covers for Killzone and I was totally unaware that there were cover variants outside of LRG. I bought a good portion of my games used so I don't know what does and does not have an insert, but it might be fun to try and update the release notes to include which games came with a manual/ insert etc.
Out of curiosity, what's the last game? Also, can you take a pic of the two Killzone covers? Never knew an alternate existed

Those are some decent freebies I suppose, but they come in the standard case I believe, which is probably better. As those Axiom Verge boxes where tissue paper thin and got damaged with the slightest of touches.
Mine, thankfully, came in perfect condition and I really like the Axiom Verge box. The design on it is slick.

Mine, thankfully, came in perfect condition and I really like the Axiom Verge box. The design on it is slick.
Well, my first 2 copies from Amazon arrived in a box, so I got excited, until I opened it. LOL

Of course both had been smashed with not to bad creases, but damage none the less. When I requested replacements, Amazon just randomly picked me to keep the order, and do whatever, and they would still send the replacements(Must have been some holiday good will or something).

So after four copies, I never did get one perfect, but I got two for free, so I just picked the two best, and returned the other two. But those boxes are extra flimsy, so it wasn't hard to see how my first two that came in a box where damaged before they went in, as a heavy handed person could have easily done it when pulling stock.

Well, my first 2 copies from Amazon arrived in a box, so I got excited, until I opened it. LOL

Of course both had been smashed with not to bad creases, but damage none the less. When I requested replacements, Amazon just randomly picked me to keep the order, and do whatever, and they would still send the replacements(Must have been some holiday good will or something).

So after four copies, I never did get one perfect, but I got two for free, so I just picked the two best, and returned the other two. But those boxes are extra flimsy, so it wasn't hard to see how my first two that came in a box where damaged before they went in, as a heavy handed person could have easily done it when pulling stock.
Geez. I bought mine from Best Buy.

Yeah, I have 10x better results when I get stuff from BB, but I'm not a member of their club. I rarely if ever get games at release, so having any of the discount services isn't much benefit for me. I only do it at Amazon because I have Prime for business & video. So I grab a game here and there for ones that I feel may not be around to long, or won't ever get as low as the Prime discount.

Amazon is shit more often than not, but returns are super easy, and I get stuff free due to their poor service pretty regularly. So I just roll with, plus it gives me some great stories for CAG. LOL

Well, the nice thing about GCU is that you get the discount no matter when you buy the game. That's when I take advantage of it the most. The holiday sales were perfect for it, picking up older PS4 games because I finally bought a PS4. But yeah, I get it.

Well, the nice thing about GCU is that you get the discount no matter when you buy the game. That's when I take advantage of it the most. The holiday sales were perfect for it, picking up older PS4 games because I finally bought a PS4. But yeah, I get it.
Ah, I didn't know the discount was on going, so that's cool to know and for sure makes them better than Amazon in regards to gamers specifically.

Ah, I didn't know the discount was on going, so that's cool to know and for sure makes them better than Amazon in regards to gamers specifically.
Surprised you didn't know that. It works on sale prices, clearance prices, BxGx promos, limited/collector's editions, amiibo/Lego Dimensions/Skylanders. It used to work on Black Friday prices too, but they stopped that last year.

I have Amazon, so I use the discount when I can.

If I want something from BB, I just use my friend's GCU account. lol.

Surprised you didn't know that. It works on sale prices, clearance prices, BxGx promos, limited/collector's editions, amiibo/Lego Dimensions/Skylanders. It used to work on Black Friday prices too, but they stopped that last year.
RIP Black Friday GCU prices.

But then a week after, they had the same exact sales and you can use GCU. :lol:

I guess I had seen it posted before, I just never paid much attention and put 2 & 2 together. Now that I'm thinking back to the fact that the sales prices are always mentioned along with the discount price as well here on CAG. Since I don't shop much at BB, I just assumed it was only on preorder items. In the last year, I bought a few Amiibos, 2 guides, and maybe a few games(all sales items, except the Amiibos). I guess I may have paid for it over those purchases, I'll for sure look in to it for the new year.

GCU is definitely better for games, but I do still place a lot of my pre-orders on Amazon because Best Buy authorizes your card for the full amount on pre-orders (although the charge is temporary) whereas Amazon does not. You just need to make sure you have the funds available when you pre-order at Best Buy.

GCU is definitely better for games, but I do still place a lot of my pre-orders on Amazon because Best Buy authorizes your card for the full amount on pre-orders (although the charge is temporary) whereas Amazon does not. You just need to make sure you have the funds available when you pre-order at Best Buy.
Yeah, I've noticed that issue with them in the past. As that temporary hold seems mostly indefinite to say the least. LOL

Yeah, I've noticed that issue with them in the past. As that temporary hold seems mostly indefinite to say the least. LOL
Unless you're using a debit card, Best Buy drops the hold within a week or less depending on your credit card company. They used to do rolling authorizations, but they stopped that a year or two ago.

I am probably a bit late to ask this, but I am looking for the Minecraft and MLB 15 cases that contain(ed) the download voucher. If anyone has them and wants to trade PM me.

In other news I am one game away from a Region 1 Vita set (plus the above if you count them). Never really thought I would do something like that, but I started buying lots of used games when it was clear the flow of releases was numbered. I wanted to have a steady stream of stuff to play since I would suspect this is the best true handheld we will see any time soon (and its my favorite system since the TurboGrafx). Only thing I paid over retail for was the Retro City Rampage release for $65 new off eBay.

Thanks for your sheets Tweeg, they were helpful! At some point I want to dig into the release notes. I actually have two different covers for Killzone and I was totally unaware that there were cover variants outside of LRG. I bought a good portion of my games used so I don't know what does and does not have an insert, but it might be fun to try and update the release notes to include which games came with a manual/ insert etc.
Congratulations on your collection! And you're welcome! Yes, two covers exist for several of the years 1 - 3 games to conform with Canadian retail requirements. This has effectively ended though as most R1 publisher's are based in the U.S.A. and realized they could save the trouble of having to produce alternate case art for Canada by only offering their releases in Canada through online retailers, or in the case of NISA simply making just one cover art that is already Canadian retailer complaint.

That's data I have and will eventually put in the rather sizeable book version of the expanded directory-thing. Was planning to have that out last year in commemoration of a lustrum of Vita. Sadly. not much time on my hands though and ended up literally spending hours over a few weeks just hammering out what the page layout formatting should look like. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist on these things and also a rather big fan of reference books, so getting the format just right and ensuring all vital data that I myself would want available as a collector would be present was a rather big challenge. Must confess I so far haven't continued work on the project now since back in the summer... whilst still toying with the layout. :wall:

Yes, even getting the layout to where I want it isn't the end of the layout woes, because obviously this not being some simple print to PDF project, I've got to import the layout template into Microsoft Publisher and repair any issues that may pop-up. The whole ordeal makes the existing active projects feel like works of child's play by comparison. I don't think I've had this much aggravation from a project since that time I had to relocate PSO Archive and fix all links in every single last page of HTML coding because they were all absolute links... oh wait, I still haven't finished fixing that either! :whistle2:(

Same here, my copy arrived in a box in good condition, not squished.

Out of curiosity, what's the last game? Also, can you take a pic of the two Killzone covers? Never knew an alternate existed
I took the picture, but I cannot seem to get the image to post (and I do not have an easy way to create a URL). The front is almost the same on both, until you get to the spine then one transitions to a dark background on the back and the other to an orangish background with different characters. Check a few ebay listings and I am sure you will find them. It is not a reversible cover.

The last game I do not have is Code Realize Guardian of Rebirth until all of the new Limited Run Releases hit later in the month, but I grab those on release day. It looks like Velocity 2x was delayed. My plan was to engineer that game being the final game I buy to complete the set. (Seems like a much better last game). It also sounds like there are a few more non LRG physical releases that will hit this year so I will not really be done.

Congratulations on your collection! And you're welcome! Yes, two covers exist for several of the years 1 - 3 games to conform with Canadian retail requirements. This has effectively ended though as most R1 publisher's are based in the U.S.A. and realized they could save the trouble of having to produce alternate case art for Canada by only offering their releases in Canada through online retailers, or in the case of NISA simply making just one cover art that is already Canadian retailer complaint.

That's data I have and will eventually put in the rather sizeable book version of the expanded directory-thing. Was planning to have that out last year in commemoration of a lustrum of Vita. Sadly. not much time on my hands though and ended up literally spending hours over a few weeks just hammering out what the page layout formatting should look like. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist on these things and also a rather big fan of reference books, so getting the format just right and ensuring all vital data that I myself would want available as a collector would be present was a rather big challenge. Must confess I so far haven't continued work on the project now since back in the summer... whilst still toying with the layout. :wall:

Yes, even getting the layout to where I want it isn't the end of the layout woes, because obviously this not being some simple print to PDF project, I've got to import the layout template into Microsoft Publisher and repair any issues that may pop-up. The whole ordeal makes the existing active projects feel like works of child's play by comparison. I don't think I've had this much aggravation from a project since that time I had to relocate PSO Archive and fix all links in every single last page of HTML coding because they were all absolute links... oh wait, I still haven't finished fixing that either! :whistle2:(

Same here, my copy arrived in a box in good condition, not squished.
Sort of curious about the variants. I know the MLB releases had Canadian players on the front, but I would be curious to know what the required difference is between US and Canadian releases. Do they have a different UPC? I did not get the regular and limited version when a release had multiple versions and I do not have the energy to go after another wave, but I might try to get the variants for my favorite games.

Just when I thought I was out, I get sucked back in...

That stinks. I also use a debit card to preorder with Best Buy, and my charge always drops in 3-5 days. I guess different banks handle it different :( That is kinda nice tho. I sometimes use paypal to have games paid off. That way when I get crazy months with a ton of games, it doesn't seems so bad. I should make it more of a habit.

That stinks. I also use a debit card to preorder with Best Buy, and my charge always drops in 3-5 days. I guess different banks handle it different :( That is kinda nice tho. I sometimes use paypal to have games paid off. That way when I get crazy months with a ton of games, it doesn't seems so bad. I should make it more of a habit.
My last few purchases from them have been ship now type items, so I haven't noticed if the holds hang around as long or not. And even when they did, I only ever get sale items or stuff rather cheap anyways, so I never got in trouble because of it.

Yeah, Paypal is best, but I try not to use that when an item might not be shipping for awhile. As the charge back window used to be smaller, 3 months I believe. But I think that was moved to 6 months not to long ago, so that would cover most preorder items, unless they get delayed for an extended period.

Sort of curious about the variants. I know the MLB releases had Canadian players on the front, but I would be curious to know what the required difference is between US and Canadian releases. Do they have a different UPC? I did not get the regular and limited version when a release had multiple versions and I do not have the energy to go after another wave, but I might try to get the variants for my favorite games.

Just when I thought I was out, I get sucked back in...
Canada is a country with two official languages, English and French. As such retail products are required to have bilingual packaging. The Canada exclusive cover art variants thus include French and bare a different UPC code from their American counterparts. And yes, MLB and FIFA games have different players appearing on their cover art pending what country or region they were released in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Killzone: Mercenary || 9/10/2013 ||
|| M || 1 || 711719220220 || PCSA-22022 || U.S.A. Release Package ||
|| M || 1 || 711719221661 || PCSA-22022 || Canada Release Package ||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The actual game carts inside of the packages are the same, it really is just the cover art, and possibly inserts which may have been inside that differs. Inserts in Canadian releases are really the only data item I lack good information on due to being about a thousand miles south of our frosty neighbor. Most of the inserts are farely lacking in the way of text showing just a image or two with title to advertise another game, and even then inclusions of such has been rather uncommon.

whispered voice: Is it safe?

Tweeg: Huh?

whispered voice: Is it safe? My complete collection?

Tweeg: Uhhhm...

whispered voice: I'm a little OCD, you aren't about to do something to compel me to spend more money are you?

Tweeg: Ehhh, well...

whispered voice: OMG! What have you done Tweeg!?

Tweeg: I'm sorry snowflake.

whispered voice: NOOO0000000ooooooooooooo!

Tweeg: Well at least Squarehard may find it useful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hide yo' wife! Hide yo' kidz! Ain't no wallet safe!!!

Introducing, the PS Vita Region 1 Physical Games Supplementary Checklist.:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tweeg, your list are always greatly appreciated^

BTW, Tokyo Xanadu Limited Edition is at $39.65 currently at Amazon. I've been watching it for about a month now hoping it would drop below $40, and it finally did. It may get lower, as the drops have been up & down, with it getting lower each time. But I can't be greedy when a retail game for $70, is 43% off. It's also sold out most places, so to get any discount at this point is tits.

https://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-Xanadu-Limited-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01MS8Q1SQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515854248&sr=8-1&keywords=xanadu+vita

EDIT: Damn, it just dropped 19 cents, Fuuuuuuuuu! LOL

BTW, Tokyo Xanadu Limited Edition is at $39.65 currently at Amazon. I've been watching it for about a month now hoping it would drop below $40, and it finally did. It may get lower, as the drops have been up & down, with it getting lower each time. But I can't be greedy when a retail game for $70, is 43% off. It's also sold out most places, so to get any discount at this point is tits.

https://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-Xanadu-Limited-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01MS8Q1SQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515854248&sr=8-1&keywords=xanadu+vita

There's demand for this? I didn't see the point of getting it when there's a superior version of the game out for PS4/PC. I guess it's ok as a collectible, no reason to play the old version at this point though.

There's demand for this? I didn't see the point of getting it when there's a superior version of the game out for PS4/PC. I guess it's ok as a collectible, no reason to play the old version at this point though.
I honestly have no idea what the demand is, as this is Cheap Ass Gamers, so I posted a "cheap ass" deal. What users do with that information is up to them. I personally don't have a PS4, and I haven't touch my gaming PC in probably 10 years, so it was an amazing deal for me personally. I'll assume it will be for some others as well.

$41.XX now, I am too late! Will grab it if it drops below $40 again.

$41.XX now, I am too late! Will grab it if it drops below $40 again.
Yeah, just keep an eye on it. The lowest I saw it get over the last 3-4 weeks was $41.xx(and it got there several times), so I was surprised to see it finally break $40. I never saw it go back up to full price either over that course of time. I almost pulled the trigger at the $41, but I really don't need this at the moment, so I just opted to wait. Sub $40 was my buy in, so I grabbed it. Hopefully it drops back below before $40 at some point before it actually sells out.

Are you saying the PS4 and PC version are better just because they're better than on the Vita system or are there added bonuses? I'm debating getting this for the Vita at some point but may pass if it's more complete on the other systems.

Are you saying the PS4 and PC version are better just because they're better than on the Vita system or are there added bonuses? I'm debating getting this for the Vita at some point but may pass if it's more complete on the other systems.
They have a lot of added content. I've seen some reviews say that the added content makes it almost feel like a new game.

I guess I can see why someone would buy it for Vita if they don't have a decent gaming PC or a PS4, but I'd skip the Vita version if you have either of those.

The PS4/PC version is the "eX" version that was released later in Japan and has added content. Otherwise they're still the same game. I think what chrislautin is suggesting is that if you have the means to play the PS4 or PC version you'll get the full experience that Tokyo Xanadu has to offer. But otherwise there's nothing wrong with the Vita version.

I agree with Spoder that it obsoletes the older version, same as Akiba's Trip PS4 (to a lesser extent of course), Soul Sacrifice Delta, Stranger of Sword City Revisted, YS 8 PC/PS4 or Toukiden Kiwami. To everyone their own of course.

bread's done
Back