PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a vita tv thursday because I thought sony was getting ready to announce it for the west. Say one for $99 on ebay so I jumped on it. At least I have a bunch of japanese games to play on it. Also for the guys talking about Persona 4 I think the game is $20 new on amazon. I wouldn't be surprised if we say Persona 5 down the road get ported to the vita.

Also for the guys talking about Persona 4 I think the game is $20 new on amazon. I wouldn't be surprised if we say Persona 5 down the road get ported to the vita.
I feel kind of guilty for wanting a Persona 3 Vita with new events and all the improvements, streamlining that P4 Golden had. But to be fair, I didn't buy P3P because I didn't like the shift to the visual novel format.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but Persona 4 Golden is also $20 new at GS.

Ive played 4 of the 5 available Lego games on Vita and enjoyed them. Yea they take out the open world hubs in the games that have them like Lego Batman for consoles. But in reality who wants an open world lego hub? What are you going to do….run them over in vehicles and use random superheroes or characters to break lego people for hours? Never understood why they are BAD ports? Game looks fine, plays fine, and they have the same levels.
Agreed. There is absolutely not enough of a Lego fan-base on Vita for anyone to do a Vita specific Lego game. The 3DS ports do not strip the games of much at all, at least nothing important. I find the portable games a lot more fun than the consoles, but the kids still like the console versions. But I cannot see that we'll see any Vita-enhanced versions coming anytime soon.

Ive played 4 of the 5 available Lego games on Vita and enjoyed them. Yea they take out the open world hubs in the games that have them like Lego Batman for consoles. But in reality who wants an open world lego hub? What are you going to do….run them over in vehicles and use random superheroes or characters to break lego people for hours? Never understood why they are BAD ports? Game looks fine, plays fine, and they have the same levels.
Agreed. There is absolutely not enough of a Lego fan-base on Vita for anyone to do a Vita specific Lego game. The 3DS ports do not strip the games of much at all, at least nothing important. I find the portable games a lot more fun than the consoles, but the kids still like the console versions. But I cannot see that we'll see any Vita-enhanced versions coming anytime soon.
I agree with this, at least so far. I have only played Lego Marvel and Lego Legends of Chima on the Vita. Chima does not even have a console version so there is no comparison to be made. I actually preferred Lego Marvel Vita to the console version personally. I plan to play all the rest of the Lego Vita games. I can not bring myself to buy any of them, but they are all in my Gamefly Q.

Also the deals haven't been as good since the holidays.
A fairly normal turn of events. It's typical for sales in general to be lame for the first few months of the year. It's just a natural wind-down from the glut of sales during the holiday season. I'm actually a little grateful for this reduction in bargains. It's helped me to keep my spending at a reasonable level in the post-holiday months. I've been tackling my backlog a bit more instead of shopping for new titles to not get a chance to play.

I started in on Persona 4 Golden last year, but haven't had much time to devote to it. I ought to start playing that again. Right after I finish Twilight Princess.

Maybe not the right place to ask, but what's a good first game to own for the Vita? I've considered WipeOut, since that is a classic Sony franchise (which I owned first on the Sega Saturn... cough), but I've heard that version of the game isn't up to the standards of the earlier games in the series.

Maybe not the right place to ask, but what's a good first game to own for the Vita? I've considered WipeOut, since that is a classic Sony franchise (which I owned first on the Sega Saturn... cough), but I've heard that version of the game isn't up to the standards of the earlier games in the series.
Depends what youre into

Personally I think the games available for Vita arent the greatest, I havent played any that im a huge fan of yet.

Persona 4 golden is "probably" the best bet. As im assuming anybody who owns a Vita is a big fan of RPGs

it's a ps+ game

i think just buying ps+ if you don't have it is better than any game

I payed Killzone Mercenary a few weeks ago for $9 on PS+.  Very decent FPS campaign.  I liked it better then KZ Merc on PS4.

The multiplayer is supposed to be fun but I haven't tried it yet.  For $18 I would have to think about it thought if you aren't interested in the multiplayer.

I payed Killzone Mercenary a few weeks ago for $9 on PS+. Very decent FPS campaign. I liked it better then KZ Merc on PS4.

The multiplayer is supposed to be fun but I haven't tried it yet. For $18 I would have to think about it thought if you aren't interested in the multiplayer.
This, thought it was worth the $9. Didn't play much multiplayer.

BUT I finished the campaign in 3 HR 48 MIN. Though that's just playing through the campaign.

BUT I finished the campaign in 3 HR 48 MIN. Though that's just playing through the campaign.
I played an incredible amount of multi considering how limited I felt it was. It has really good,clean, net code imo and matches were fun. The map count is just unbearably low and with no long term perk system or gear mods, I shelved it until the new maps came. I intend to get the multi based trophies then as I was close already.

Not sure if this is the place to post, but does anyone know when the next 2 PS+ free games are supposed to be free for Vita?  Isn't it Modnation racers and Street Fighter vs. Tekken? 

Not sure if this is the place to post, but does anyone know when the next 2 PS+ free games are supposed to be free for Vita? Isn't it Modnation racers and Street Fighter vs. Tekken?
Sony US doesn't give any exact dates of when games come out for free on PS+. All we know is that it's sometime this month. And yes it is Modnation racers and Street Fighter vs Tekken.

I got it when it was 20 from GS back during BF. I think it took me longer than you (i was playing on hard) but I really liked it for what it was. Easy to pick up and play for short bursts. Only played the multiplayer a little, need to give that more of a go but got sidetracked by too many other games.

I would recommend Solaris Japan or Nippon Yasan for imports. Both are based in Japan & offer good prices for imports. As far as any new import Vita games to recommend, I've been eyeballing either God Eater 2 or Shin Gundam Musou, but I will resist for now & prepare for Toukiden/Ragnarok Odyssey Ace to arrive in Feb.
Assuming those games are in japanese? I've been thinking about picking up God Eater 2 but my Japanese skills have really diminished after not practicing :(

Not sure if this is the place to post, but does anyone know when the next 2 PS+ free games are supposed to be free for Vita? Isn't it Modnation racers and Street Fighter vs. Tekken?
From what I have seen the last few months it seems to go
Week 1 ps4 and ps3
Week 2 ps3 or psn
Week 3 psn
Week 4 vita or psp
Week 5 vita
I have only had plus for a few months so this might not always be the case but I would expect the vita games the last two Tuesdays of the month.

Any suggestions for finding the best prices on import titles?

I recently sold my left nut for a copy of Gundam Breaker. I had to get the Asia version because they were charging double for the Japan region.

The game is my favorite game next to Tearaway, and its a must play for anyone who likes phantasy star/gundam/dynasty warriors.

I've got the import itch, but I don't know what else to pick up with my very limited knowledge of Japanese.
Do yourself and a fellow CAG a favor. DV8CAG has been providing forwarding service for a very modest fee. You can use his link http://dv8cag.com/index.php to find what you're looking for on amazon.jp and then send it to him. He'll inspect it (if it's used) and then forward to you based on the mail service you want. I've used his service 3 times now with no problems. There is some initial setup that you'll need his website to guide you through to manage deliveries to his home. After that, it's some website work for communicating and then paypal transactions to cover shipment and service fees.

This is how I've been able to manage getting my import 360 shmups here to the USA at a semi-reasonable cost. Hopefully it will save you some money too.

From what I have seen the last few months it seems to go
Week 1 ps4 and ps3
Week 2 ps3 or psn
Week 3 psn
Week 4 vita or psp
Week 5 vita
I have only had plus for a few months so this might not always be the case but I would expect the vita games the last two Tuesdays of the month.
Thanks...yeah I remember Sonic racing being late in December.

Super Stardust Delta, Lumines, Virtua Tennis and hot shots golf are a good start. Plus grab Playstation plus so you can get Uncharted and Gravity Rush. Also Wipeout use to have really long load times. They have patched it since and they are way more tolerable but the games play awesome and looks great. Also if you want a challenge grab ninja gaiden sigma. It's not as good as the xbox version but I still enjoyed it plus it looks really good.

q5zjLTM.jpg

Just got back from a Target and was able to score a

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom - $19.99

It may not be the greatest price, but ever since the license experation the prices only been going up on these.  Wasn't marked as clearance, but still YMMV.

Just got back from a Target and was able to score a

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom - $19.99

It may not be the greatest price, but ever since the license experation the prices only been going up on these. Wasn't marked as clearance, but still YMMV.
Thanks for head up, might check my target tomorrow. That have a load of vita games on an end cap.

Set up like that for you too?

Thanks for head up, might check my target tomorrow. That have a load of vita games on an end cap.

Set up like that for you too?
They had them split up at the one I went to. Half was with the regular games and half on a end cap. For the record it was on the end cap where I found it.

For anyone who's not following the BestBuy GCU Coupon thread --

Rayman Legends is $6 before tax after GCU discount and this month's @Gamer coupon.

bread's done
Back