PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a part of their big spring sale of 20% all in stock merchandise. The only excluded items are new merch, otherwise, as long as an items in inventory, it's 20% off. I believe this sale is only once a year, but it last until the 28th, so if it restocks by then, you may be able to get in on the deal.
Only once a year? Darn it! I'm going to start cutting it close with the preorder stuff coming out soon (picking up SRW Z 3 for both platforms) and I was looking at a few other titles. Was hoping they would do another sale in a few months so I could pick up more.

Just went to my local k-mart and saw they have little deviants for 11.97 and fifa something for 17.99 :D there on topic
You can also snag Little Deviants for $12 at Toys R Us as part of the green tag clearance sale that's going on right now if you can't find it at K-mart.

Unit 13 can be had new for $7.99 @ goHastings

Not sure about shipping since I'm not ordering it myself, but I came across it and figured someone would want it if they didn't find one at BBY

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Unit-13/sku/286512267.uts#.Uz1qqvkW2W0
FYI, this is currently free to download for PS+ members. It's still a good deal for non-members, though.

Also, shipping for video games on goHastings.com is $2.28 per item, so you'd pay $10.27 (+tax where applicable).

You can also snag Little Deviants for $12 at Toys R Us as part of the green tag clearance sale that's going on right now if you can't find it at K-mart.
Picked this up on a target clearance for $6 a year ago. Played it maybe once or twice, never went back.

Picked up Dungeon Hunter Alliance at BBY marked clearance for 14.99 after GCU it was 11.99
I really did want to like this game. But that damn screen-shaking mechanic really bugged the crap out of me. Stopped playing after the second dungeon.

Picked this up on a target clearance for $6 a year ago. Played it maybe once or twice, never went back.
It was not a game for me either. Played 5 minutes of the demo, hated the rear touchpad mechanic.

I hope they drop Ragnarok Odyssey Ace price down some, since they already dropped it on FFX and FFX-2
I am hoping for a $20 price point before I pounce on it at BB with GCU. Many upcoming/existings RPG's holding me over for now.

Even at $12, that's still a killer price for Origins. Unless you were lucky enough to snag one last year when Target had a clearance on 'em. Though that was pretty YMMV.

Even at $12, that's still a killer price for Origins. Unless you were lucky enough to snag one last year when Target had a clearance on 'em. Though that was pretty YMMV.
I bought it w/ PS+ digital for like $6 if I remember correctly a few+ months back.

Since I don't want to look for a $27 filler item, thinking of this title as $12 is worth it.
Yeah, I bought it at 12 and it's well worth it. This is the only game I've ever platinumed, and it was a fun wild ride. I sold it awhile ago after I completed it, but I decided to add it back to my collection, as this price was to good to pass up.

Does anyone have a trigger grip other than the official $15 one sold everywhere? I've had that one but it never stays in my hands due to the placement of the analog sticks on the vita, it keeps sliding down.

I've read reviews on this CTA one and a Nyko one, both with handles almost like a ps3 or xbox controller. The CTA one is $13 and I'm leaning toward giving that a try but I was hoping for some more feedback first.

And also, anyone see Mortal Kombat these days for close to $10?

Thanks

Just a heads up, over the weekend I picked up Killzone Merc and Spyhunter at 50% clearance at toys r us, pricing was $20 and $10 respectively.

has there ever been any deals on Danganropa? never see it on AWD I guess probably PSN sale would be the only option

Does anyone have a trigger grip other than the official $15 one sold everywhere? I've had that one but it never stays in my hands due to the placement of the analog sticks on the vita, it keeps sliding down.

I've read reviews on this CTA one and a Nyko one, both with handles almost like a ps3 or xbox controller. The CTA one is $13 and I'm leaning toward giving that a try but I was hoping for some more feedback first.

Thanks
I use the PDP ones, and I'm happy with them. The triggers feel a bit weird but work well for me. The only problem is it doesn't really fit in my carry case with it on. I take it off for touchscreen heavy games like Danganronpa but really like using them for action games like Toukiden.

Just a heads up, over the weekend I picked up Killzone Merc and Spyhunter at 50% clearance at toys r us, pricing was $20 and $10 respectively.
Thanks for the heads up, ive been trying to find Killzone Merc. I hope my toysrus has it.

Killzone was by far one of the best Vita games around. I couldn't put it down. I would play MP a lot as well. Great pickup!

Killzone was by far one of the best Vita games around. I couldn't put it down. I would play MP a lot as well. Great pickup!

Thanks
Although I have heard complaints about a loose locking mechanism on the CTA grip, I have had one since I purchased a vita(AC White from black friday a few years ago) and I love it. I really only use it on games that needed a bit more precision or are very camera intensive(KZ:M, Gundam Breaker, Toukiden, etc). I would go for it. You can always return it if it comes "broken."

The trigger grips seemed unnecessary to me and I prefer and easy on/off process since I keep my vita in one of the vault cases(also highly recommended).

Thanks for the heads up, ive been trying to find Killzone Merc. I hope my toysrus has it.

Very welcome! Also to note, it had a white sticker at $39.99, it scanned on clearance at 50% off. Most vita games are on clearance. Really the only one I noticed that wasn't and still full price was Amazing Spiderman.

Although I have heard complaints about a loose locking mechanism on the CTA grip, I have had one since I purchased a vita(AC White from black friday a few years ago) and I love it. I really only use it on games that needed a bit more precision or are very camera intensive(KZ:M, Gundam Breaker, Toukiden, etc). I would go for it. You can always return it if it comes "broken."

The trigger grips seemed unnecessary to me and I prefer and easy on/off process since I keep my vita in one of the vault cases(also highly recommended).
Thank you! I'm really just concerned with something that'll feel comfortable in my hand with the Vita. The PDP ones do not, the handles aren't long enough, they push into the center of my palms and then slide down my hand. I'm constantly readjusting it's a huge pain.

Very welcome! Also to note, it had a white sticker at $39.99, it scanned on clearance at 50% off. Most vita games are on clearance. Really the only one I noticed that wasn't and still full price was Amazing Spiderman.
so you bought it thinking it was going to be 40 and it turned out to be 20? That's awesome

Monoprice has a "CTA-looking" Vita grip for under $8. Haven't tried it out myself, but it does look pretty similar.
I have those. I also have a different set of grips that are smaller. I like both but I like the smaller ones because they are more compact and easier to pack. However the ones you are referring to are much more comfortable.

If someone wants to buy/trade for them. I have them listed in my trade link below

I got the CTA grip in the mail a couple days ago, and it's MUCH more comfortable in my hands with the longer handles than the official one, however it's still way too smooth and slides through my hands.  So I went to Wal-Mart and for $2 bought some Wilson tennis raquet wrap...works perfectly.  I highly recommend that approach.

Also, I'm sure everyone knows but there's Vita games included in the TRU Clearance blast.  Haven't needed much for Vita recently but I did get Jak and Daxter collection for $12.

Would killzone mercenary still be worth getting at this price after shipping and sales tax bump it up to $20?  Do you think it will go on sale for cheaper on PSN?

bread's done
Back