PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen it for ten dollars at a K-Mart in Greenville MI, if that helps. Snoop around your local K-Mart and see what you can turn up; I got a copy of Little Deviants for five clams. (It's... barely worth that price. Just barely.)

I would have bought UMvC3 but there were just two problems: one, I'm broke right now, and two, I just don't like the game. Capcom has emphatically stated otherwise, but I think it's just warmed over Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with more recognizable characters and more (unwanted) chaos.
For some reason vita fighting games have not dropped in price except for maybe Mortal Kombat. Vita is starting to look like the Dreamcast of handhelds.

I've seen it for ten dollars at a K-Mart in Greenville MI, if that helps. Snoop around your local K-Mart and see what you can turn up; I got a copy of Little Deviants for five clams. (It's... barely worth that price. Just barely.)

I would have bought UMvC3 but there were just two problems: one, I'm broke right now, and two, I just don't like the game. Capcom has emphatically stated otherwise, but I think it's just warmed over Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with more recognizable characters and more (unwanted) chaos.
That's a great description of Marvel 3. I loved it when they added Frank West to Tatsunoko, released Marvel 3 without him, then added him back into Ultimate, and was like, "Hey guys, we added a ton of new characters including fan favorite Frank West!" And they also rereleased Dead Rising 2 with Frank West and acted like it was a new game. And they hyped up an all-new character for Street Fighter 4 saying no one would be able to guess it. To be fair, do you expect any company to say their products are the same old shit again?

For some reason vita fighting games have not dropped in price except for maybe Mortal Kombat. Vita is starting to look like the Dreamcast of handhelds.
I wish that was true. Everything should be more like Dreamcast. But most if not all the fighters have been on sale or free with PlayStation Plus. UMvC3 was $10 I think. Ain't gonna get much lower than that.

I think $20 might be the new msrp for Tearaway. Still a good deal for anyone who has not picked the game up. :)

I noticed BestBuy stores have some vita games on the clearance cycle, (i.e Angry Birds Star Wars @ $14.99).   Also, all pre-owned vita titles they carry won't exceed $24.99, even the most current releases.

single-tumbleweed-o.gif

wtf I'd love to trade for a copy of that mvc for vita I have some ebay deals i can throw your guy's way!

i got rayman origins for $7.xx yesterday, new copies are sold as used and its on sale for $14.99, 20% bday coupon on used games and $5 kongregate coupon (cant use that anymore, but maybe a PUR used game coupon qualifies).  or maybe can use a b2g1 free coupon if you can find 2 other games

I picked it up because I needed a third thing for my B2G1 used under $20 coupon, but I probably should have waited for PS+ instead.
You can blow through it and resell it really fast. It's a charming game. Lots of fun. You'll won't regret it, so long as you actually play it now. Of course you'll think it was a mistake if it sits in your backlog until it goes free. :whistle2:

Might be slightly off topic, but does anyone know of any Vita console deals?
I think you're fine regarding your question. If you're looking for the old OLED model, Amazon is selling "recertified" handhelds for $169, and the reviews seem to indicate that they are in great condition (click on the option for "Refurbished"):

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Limited-Edition-PlayStation-Vita-Bundle/dp/B00HLT0YT0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407180744&sr=8-3&keywords=playstation+vita

Cowboom has some good condition Vitas for around $160, less if you can use a coupon. I never found any of those super cheap OLED models when they were being cleared out, but I did get a mint Vita (backup system) from GS for $137, using a "25% off preowned" coupon.

And don't rule out Craigslist or EBay, might find a good option there.

I bought 3x Vita games using those B2G1 under $20 free codes from the GS receipts. I got Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Tear Away. All three were complete (sans manuals, of course, since they're no longer included) and in near perfect shape so for ~$13 a game, I figured why not?

Might be slightly off topic, but does anyone know of any Vita console deals?
If you're not against used/refurbs, CowBoom has pretty solid for deals, especially if they have something during their Deal of the Day or with their new user coupons (ie, create a new account). I picked up a grade 7 3DS XL, which only had the faintest flaws on the outside and one, barely visible scratch on the screen, for $100 just a few months ago. Before that, I picked up a grade 5 PSP Go for $70 after some coupons (new consoles were $150 at the time, I think?) and again, it was in excellent shape. Usually, the one major issue with their consoles is it's almost always just the system (no charging cables, no controllers, no manuals, no packaging, etc.).

I just bought a OLED White Vita for ~$140 from them but won't receive it until tomorrow. Hopefully, it's as good as my prior purchases and unlike my past purchases, this one has most of the accessories and is only missing the manuals and packaging.

Yep. Found a copy at Kmart about three weeks ago for $10.
Three bucks here, baby! It's definitely worth three bucks!

The "best" deal I've seen on Vita games outside of K-Mart was twenty dollar titles in the budget aisle of the electronics department at the Greenville MI Meijer. These aren't great prices, but it might be the only way I can get a copy of Need for Speed (the Vita racing game that doesn't make you want to punch a hole through concrete).

A big portion of the drought of Vita deals is that retail chains have by-and-large abandoned the Vita. The Vita sections in most major stores have six or seven different games at most, often less.

I don't think we are at any risk of the Vita slipping into Dreamcast territory. But it wouldn't surprise me to see Sony focusing on digital sales in the West. There is still plenty of potential for the Vita to serve as a platform for PSN digital distribution. But as far as the retail space is concerned, the Vita probably isn't turning around anytime soon.

Well, in all fairness, the Vita has sold fewer units in the two and a half years it's been available. The Dreamcast sold 10.6 million units from November 1998 to March 2001, when it was cancelled. The Vita's moved about 8.6 million units from its December 2011 launch to now.

Three bucks here, baby! It's definitely worth three bucks!

The "best" deal I've seen on Vita games outside of K-Mart was twenty dollar titles in the budget aisle of the electronics department at the Greenville MI Meijer. These aren't great prices, but it might be the only way I can get a copy of Need for Speed (the Vita racing game that doesn't make you want to punch a hole through concrete).
I got mine greentagged at TRU a few weeks back for about 6 USD. Might be worth checking out

A big portion of the drought of Vita deals is that retail chains have by-and-large abandoned the Vita. The Vita sections in most major stores have six or seven different games at most, often less.
I see this with larger chain stores like Target or Best Buy but on the flip side when ever I stop by a mom & pop shop around my area they always seem to have a health stock of games to choose from including accessories.

I got mine greentagged at TRU a few weeks back for about 6 USD. Might be worth checking out
I'll keep that in mind. We don't have any Toys 'R Us nearby, unfortunately. I used to love the crap out of that store but the one in Lansing turned into a Babies 'R Us and I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement.

YMMV but I have a local Best Buy that has a Clearance Games section where there's a sign that says 50% off on marked price on clearance games. Also, I noticed that in the Vita section, there were some older games marked clearance (Tearaway, Killzone, Uncharted, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate [sold out], Rayman Legends [i got the last one]). I was able to get Rayman for more than 50% off of that marked clearance price a few days ago. Today I checked my other local Best Buy and they did not have the same 50% promo running (but they had a better selection, boo).

igkoxj.jpg

miks2x.jpg

2mnhf09.jpg

mwqxzt.jpg

2dr6xw9.jpg

34gvcau.jpg

The sword art online Chinese version has subs if you're looking for that one physically I haven't seen it cheaper than 60 though

The sword art online Chinese version has subs if you're looking for that one physically I haven't seen it cheaper than 60 though
Debating on this, are there any other exclusive import games that have English subs or even the option to switch to English?

there are a few english freindly titles like english menus and such and some that offer english options as well i'll look them up again and post soon

i so badly want this game next week but wont toss another 40 on another digital only game
exactly, I have about dozen digital games but they were less than 10 and usually about 4 or 5 when on sale. no refunds and expensive memory cards, cant justify paying full price either. physical is always better

exactly, I have about dozen digital games but they were less than 10 and usually about 4 or 5 when on sale. no refunds and expensive memory cards, cant justify paying full price either. physical is always better
I know the feeling, but at the same time, I want to support them localizing games like this. Importing the Asian English version doesn't show up as a sale for Bamco USA, which means less of a chance of similar games making it across in the future.

It was worth the DL from PS+. Fun to 'play' for a while, doing the 'daily' thing it presents you for a few days, then I kinda got burned out. It's not really a video game as much as it is a fast pased quiz game.

highest game i paid for was monster monpiece. It was an okay game lasted around 25 hours, but was way too easy, i dont think i ever lost a single match. still never beat the game just lost interest in it on chapter 9

i still have a problem with gamefly. i had a ton of cash few years back and loaded up on 12 2 at time (2 month memberships) i still got 4 left and thinking to even use them or not next month. Almost nothing coming out worth playing until halloween (on handhelds)

This may be only slightly related to the topic, but can anybody recommend a good budget (sub-$10, preferably sub-$6) screen protector for the Vita slim model?

bread's done
Back