PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
It says it's for the OLED model. So those fit the LCD model, too?
I picked up a pack of these on closeout at Walmart for $2.50. They fit perfectly on my slim. I would say it is worth checking out your local walmart because the one I went into was dumping a lot of Vita accessories. YMMV.

I found these awesome screen protectors for my phone and turns out that they fit the vita screen perfectly

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BO2OU90?cache=017fbba90e826618a3be122798d3662b&pi=SX200_QL40&qid=1408295025&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

They have a lifetime warranty which I can attest to (you just send their support an email with your order number and they will send you a new replacement pack free of charge). Comes in a pack of 3 and because of the warranty you don't have to worry about screwing up the application process.

Should fit both models since they are all the same size screen.

Every time when I buy a Vita game, it becomes free on Plus.  So which games do you guys want free on Plus next?  Just let me know. 

I have Resistance, Little Big Planet, Little Deviants, and Wipeout added to my cart.  $32 with GCU, should I pull the trigger?

I need to pay closer attention to these sales.

I bought Resistance Burning Skies (shipped), but most of the others are in-store only now and no stores seem to have it.  I would have liked to get LittleBigPlanet Vita as well.

The good news is that I found out I apparently have Wipeout2048 and Modnation Racer for the Vita, likely from PS+ at some point, even though I just got my Vita recently.  Glad I have been digitally hoarding all free games since first joining PS+ shortly after it started.

Thinking about going to my local Best Buy tomorrow to pick up Resistance. Is it worth the $10 though? I remember hearing it wasn't very good.

Well, in all fairness, the Vita has sold fewer units in the two and a half years it's been available. The Dreamcast sold 10.6 million units from November 1998 to March 2001, when it was cancelled. The Vita's moved about 8.6 million units from its December 2011 launch to now.
This is a common misconception in video game history. Many gamers think that the Dreamcast was discontinued due to weak sales and overbearing competition from the Playstation 2. In actuality, the sales for the Dreamcast, especially in the US, were very strong in its time on the market. The downfall of the Dreamcast had nothing to do with the system itself, but with Sega.

While Sony is certainly not immune to the kinds of mistakes that Sega fell prey to, their circumstances are drastically different. A major factor with the Vita is whether or not its currently being sold for a profit, and how well the Vita TV performs. If the hardware itself is presently profitable, it may still be worthwhile to continue selling it. While they may not be making stellar margins, having product like the Vita on the market helps to expand the reach of the Playstation brand, and promotes access and use to PSN. For a larger company like Sony, those factors could very well be worth the expense of continuing to produce the Vita.

This would also explain Sony's recent push to make the Vita ecosystem a playground for smaller indie developers. High-profile big-budget games are a gamble on a system like the Vita. Reaching out to indie developers costs Sony peanuts by comparison. Pushing digital indie releases for the Vita allows them to continue expanding the handheld's library with minimal cost and risk to themselves.

As always, the biggest stumbling block for the Vita is the bloody expensive proprietary memory format.

I managed to get Target to price match LittleBigPlanet Vita from BestBuy.com.   Went looking for Resistance burning sky (online said it was in-stock) to do a price match, when I couldn't find it I asked the guy to check in the back and asked to look for LBP Vita (even though I thought it was a long shot).  They ended up not have Resistance, but they had LBP Vita.  The guy said he there were a few copies in the back and several other Vita games back there that weren't on the floor.

Didn't Best Buy have all of these games on sale for the same price not too long ago? Like a DotD sale? I picked up LBP Vita not too long ago at BB but I think I'm outside of the price match/adjust window :whistle2:/

Almost every game released on any Sony platform the past few years has been predicted to go free on PS+ by CAGs several times, but none of us have any way of knowing if any of them actually will be added to the IGC or not.  Resistance seems like a prime candidate for it (published by Sony, relatively high brand recognition, etc.), but people have been predicting that ever since its release and it hasn't happened yet.  I spent $10 on the game a few months ago, played and beat it, and thought it was money well spent.  It wasn't a fantastic shooter, but well worth $10 in my opinion.

Picked up Resistance. It's a hot mess with a lot of forced touchscreen stuff. Killzone: Merc is a much, much better game, but Resistance will be worth $3.50 after GCU and a MyBestBuy cert.

I really don't come in here too often so I'm not sure if this was mentioned but Best Buy has Playstation All Stars Battle Royale on sale for $9.99. Not really sure if it's all that great of a deal or game but thought I would post in case it might interest some.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-ps-vita/5513021.p?id=1218652749732&skuId=5513021&st=All%20Star%20Battle&lp=1&cp=1
I'd rather pick it up for a similar price on PS3 with a free vita download code.

Of course, the cart is great if you're limited for space though.

I have lumines and hotshots golf and willing to trade either for

Resistance Burning Skies or
Little Big Planet vita

All others I have for PS+ or own already

Several Vita titles $9.99 at Best Buy

Whipeout 2048

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wipeout-2048-ps-vita/4048273.p?id=1218452834716&skuId=4048273&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=2&cp=1

PS Allstars Battle Royale

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-ps-vita/5513021.p?id=1218652749732&skuId=5513021&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=3&cp=1

Sly Cooper

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-ps-vita/7850486.p?id=1218861156202&skuId=7850486&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=4&cp=1

ModNation Racers

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/modnation-racers-ps-vita/2959064.p?id=1218367487096&skuId=2959064&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=6&cp=1

Resistance Burning Skies

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/resistance-burning-skies-ps-vita/5030005.p?id=1218601586887&skuId=5030005&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=7&cp=1

SmartAs

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/smart-as-ps-vita/6835433.p?id=1218808390967&skuId=6835433&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=8&cp=1

Little Big Planet

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/littlebigplanet-ps-vita-ps-vita/2959046.p?id=1218367482484&skuId=2959046&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=9&cp=1

Hot Shots Golf

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hot-shots-golf-world-invitational-ps-vita/4016132.p?id=1218449984102&skuId=4016132&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=10&cp=1

Little Deviants

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/little-deviants-ps-vita/4016141.p?id=1218449997851&skuId=4016141&st=categoryid$pcmcat265900050010&lp=11&cp=1
Thanks for this list. I was in one of my local Best Buy's and decided to check their inventory on the shelves and saw two of the titles listed:

-Litte Deviants $9.99

-Wipeout 2048 $9.99

I got both.

After reading through this thread and most threads involving the Vita, am I making a mistake going all digital with the Vita?

I see it is as I only play one or two games at a time anyways, so needing all my games on a memory card isn't a big deal for me so memory cost isn't a major drawback for me plus saving my bookshelf space for my consoles games is more than ideal for me. 

After reading through this thread and most threads involving the Vita, am I making a mistake going all digital with the Vita?

I see it is as I only play one or two games at a time anyways, so needing all my games on a memory card isn't a big deal for me so memory cost isn't a major drawback for me plus saving my bookshelf space for my consoles games is more than ideal for me.
Vita done cheap involves a mix of digital and retail, unless you replay games a lot and want to keep them around and always available. If you're not a hoarder, getting a 16 or 32GB memory card and mix and matching based on digital price vs. cost of retail after resale is the best approach.

I've going pure digital only lately. It's mostly because I imported the 64 gig memory card. It's just really convenient having the games there, ready to be played at any time. I do still prefer physical though as Vita boxes are

I prefer to own my games physically. I own 2 64GB memory cards, which I mostly use for PS1 games and PSN only titles. With going digital, you're file save coulf get corrupted and unless you didn't back up your gaming library, you could be hooped.

I've going pure digital only lately. It's mostly because I imported the 64 gig memory card. It's just really convenient having the games there, ready to be played at any time. I do still prefer physical though as Vita boxes are <3.

Plus, PS+ sales and games make digital so much more appealing. Sly Cooper collection for $10? Heck yeah!
I do love the Vita boxes. I think Sony does it right when it comes to packaging.

I guess my by thing going digital are the flash sale, all the indie titles, PS+, and games that are solely digital (Soul Sacrifice Delta).

It all kinda started because my wife got me the Walking Dead bundle that Amazon was selling for Black Friday that included Uncharted Sly Cooper also digitally. Plus with stores mainly dropping the Vita, feel like soon it will only be available on PSN or ordering online for physical.

going all digital on vita is great if you are patient and don't have an obsessive need to download every game the second you buy it.  You get a TON of free games from PS+, they are always throwing up a few good sales on PSN for their flash sales, and lets face it the library of great games is really not that big so over time you will get it all.  Its a tiny trickle of new games now too, so you better have a PS4 for remote play to truly appreciate a vita.

There are also regular PSN glitches, I've gotten GOW collection and a few others totally free, for a few shorts hours earlier this year "buying" the demo versions of some games was also granting you the full digital version.  The PSN store is pretty ugly so I wouldn't be surprised to see more glitches like that every now and then.

The only downside is that the download times are pretty bad, and then sometimes you have incidents like today where PSN goes down.  I like to keep 3-4 physical copies of the really amazing games, my really favorite 3-4 games on my 32gb card, and then rotate the rest in as I feel like playing.

going all digital on vita is great if you are patient and don't have an obsessive need to download every game the second you buy it. You get a TON of free games from PS+, they are always throwing up a few good sales on PSN for their flash sales, and lets face it the library of great games is really not that big so over time you will get it all. Its a tiny trickle of new games now too, so you better have a PS4 for remote play to truly appreciate a vita.

There are also regular PSN glitches, I've gotten GOW collection and a few others totally free, for a few shorts hours earlier this year "buying" the demo versions of some games was also granting you the full digital version. The PSN store is pretty ugly so I wouldn't be surprised to see more glitches like that every now and then.

The only downside is that the download times are pretty bad, and then sometimes you have incidents like today where PSN goes down. I like to keep 3-4 physical copies of the really amazing games, my really favorite 3-4 games on my 32gb card, and then rotate the rest in as I feel like playing.
I got in on GOW, but what were the other games you are referring that glitched this year?

I'm thinking about picking up Sly Cooper for $10 at Best Buy. Any thoughts? The reviews seem to be pretty decent on it.

With that and the PSN sale on the trilogy, I should be pretty set for platforming on the Vita.

I think it depends on how much of a fan of that era/series you are. I bought this one upon release but had trouble getting into as well. I had never played a title in the Sly series before so I think a lot of what I struggled with might come easy to someone who is familiar with the series. Despite when this game was released, it definitely feels a lot like a PS2 title in some significant ways. That being said, I really started to enjoy it after I dedicated a little time to understanding the controls and trial-and-error nature of the gameplay.

I'm thinking about picking up Sly Cooper for $10 at Best Buy. Any thoughts? The reviews seem to be pretty decent on it.

With that and the PSN sale on the trilogy, I should be pretty set for platforming on the Vita.

It's $10 at Best Buy?

Thieves in Time (Sly Cooper 4) is $10 at Best Buy, along with a few other games like Resistance, All Stars Battle, ModNation, Unit 13, etc. Been posted up in this thread a few pages back. Its YMMV on whether stores near you have any in stock though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ps-vita/ps-vita-games/pcmcat265900050010.c?id=pcmcat265900050010
Thanks, bud :) I do remember seeing that post. I wish The Sly Collection was $15 or $20 at least. I really want the physical version for some reason.

Thanks, bud :) I do remember seeing that post. I wish The Sly Collection was $15 or $20 at least. I really want the physical version for some reason.
Me, too. That's the only reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the PSN's flash sale for $10. That gem deserves to be in everyone's physical library.

I believe if you have the PS3 version of Sly 4 you can get the Vita version free off of psn. At least I think that's how I got my vita copy. Option should show up on the ps3 versions menu.

bread's done
Back