PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, PUR Pro is what takes it down to ~$15. Who the hell shops at GS without a PUR Pro? Slidecage apparently.
Who the hell shops at Gamestop Vinny apparently.

I mostly just get newer stuff there. Think the only used thing I got recently was Nier before that reprint thing.

Well also trading in $150 of used games pays for PUR Pro, and I traded in over $600 just this week (making an extra $60), all new games I bought from Target/Best Buy for under $200 so that funds next years new game purchases for just an hour or two of effort.

btw 32gb vita card is on clearance for $56 at best buy, the $90 superufo shipped from HK deal is better tho imo

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat16010&type=page&dt=cr&skuId=4757256&lg=null&ld=35.99564743041992&rd=null

People that understand that you need to spend $150 in on used games to break even on subscription price.
That's like the most... basic way of looking at it.

$150 in one year isn't that much... that's like spending $13 a month on used games. (I spent $150+ in the last 2 months alone, for trades/flipping.) And you get a B2G1F coupon whenever you sign up/re-new, that'll save you some money. And I just realized this thanks to another CAG but you can basically use your points to re-new your subscription.

Plus, last year they had some decent offers on new games (good games, not crap) for Pro members only. That was nice. Nothing like that this year though.

Thanks, bud :) I do remember seeing that post. I wish The Sly Collection was $15 or $20 at least. I really want the physical version for some reason.
The only problem is that only 1 & 2 are on the card. It comes with a voucher for Sly 3.

I never understood paying for discounts. What a scam!
I pay for PS+ mainly for the discounts on digital games, and it has paid for itself many times over, each year. PS+ discounts are very generous, so it's well worth it for me. But if you don't buy a lot of digital games, obviously it wouldn't be worth it to you.

I don't mind paying for discounts as long as I shop there often. I am a member of PS+ (more than pays for itself with free stuff but also I do take advantaged of sales once in a while) and also the Right Stuf Got Anime club (buy a lot of manga and this year this has probably paid for itself at least 2 times over). As long as you use them enough to save enough for what you paid or get it cheap it's fine. 

People that understand that you need to spend $150 in on used games to break even on subscription price.
You don't spend $150 on games per year? You almost certainly do if you visit this site.

It's not just buying game and accessories. Trading in stuff also gives you a 10% bonus, so it doesn't take long at all before the subscription pays for itself and then some. Hell, I like the magazine enough that I'd pay the $15 just for that.

You don't spend $150 on games per year? You almost certainly do if you visit this site.
I certainly don't spend $150 at any specific retailer (other than PSN I suppose). I only buy 1 or 2 (if any) retail releases a year so I need the flexibility to jump from Target to BB to Kmart to Amazon (or wherever) for the best deal.

Kmart did have me in their paws back when there was all that coupon madness (i felt like i was buying a game a week) but that's long over.

I certainly don't spend $150 at any specific retailer (other than PSN I suppose). I only buy 1 or 2 (if any) retail releases a year so I need the flexibility to jump from Target to BB to Kmart to Amazon (or wherever) for the best deal.

Kmart did have me in their paws back when there was all that coupon madness (i felt like i was buying a game a week) but that's long over.
I agree with this I go wherever it is cheaper and I default to Amazon if I just want a game since it comes to me. I'm not a huge fan of used games anymore but if the deal is good enough I'll still go for a decent used copy. Some place I have no choice such as the NISA LEs, but it's my choice. The only store I know I will only get stuff is Right Stuf for manga. I get the best prices easily during sales, and I haven't ever had a damaged item there because of how well they pack everything. After getting some of my manga volumes damaged by Amazon and their prices in general going up, it was an easy fix. I have to work a little harder to get a free shipping threshold but I follow many manga series, so I'm OK with it.

Whatever your choice, is your choice though. It's your money...

This isn't really the place for this, but I thought I'd help people by providing them a cheat sheet for discussing PUR.  I'll make it on a scale so that you can pick your response based on which side you want to appear to be on.

Power Up Reward Pro - The only way to get your money back is...

You want to make it look bad

• You have to spend $150 on used games.
  • You have to trade in (or you can say flip for more points) $150 worth of games.
  • You get the money back on your magazine subscription.
  • You just need to shop there enough to get $15 in savings from promos.
  • You only need to have three $15 used games to use your B2G1 coupon on.
  • Your free points turn into other free things to turn into ... (repeat until people get bored listening to you)
You want to make it look good

This isn't really the place for this, but I thought I'd help people by providing them a cheat sheet for discussing PUR. I'll make it on a scale so that you can pick your response based on which side you want to appear to be on.

Power Up Reward Pro - The only way to get your money back is...

You want to make it look bad

• You have to spend $150 on used games.
  • You have to trade in (or you can say flip for more points) $150 worth of games.
  • You get the money back on your magazine subscription.
  • You just need to shop there enough to get $15 in savings from promos.
  • You only need to have three $15 used games to use your B2G1 coupon on.
  • Your free points turn into other free things to turn into ... (repeat until people get bored listening to you)
You want to make it look good
i should of renewed mine when i traded in some games last month would of got around 5 more.

tonight i traded in 4 games for 120 bucks what gave another 8. So i renewed and cost me 7 bucks. So now i just have to save 7 bucks to break even. Sucks i forgot to pick up the mag.

traded in

some life game for the 3ds, pokemon x bravely default what i got from the buy 1 get 1 free best buy deal

and Kirby triple thing. got for 30 with 25 buck gift card from dell. What sucks is i never even got to play kirby but could not pass up 30 for it

yeah you have to go the best buy clearance link (I posted it above) and so its store specific on whether the 32gb vita card is marked on clearance down to $60 or not.  most stores in my area have it in stock and on clearance, but its probably a city by city thing

I picked up Ys yesterday for $15 after bday/pro.  my wife was laughing at the description on the back, it does sound like a ridiculous game.  "adol christian enters a forest and loses his memories, he's gotta go back 800 years later to figure it out!"  basically you are vampire hitler :(

I did find a gamestop near me with a TON of used vita games, if gamestop ever starts clearing them out I know where to go.  most of the games looked awful though.

Combining the Gamestop birthday coupon and the $5 kongregate coupon is a good way to stock up on used Vita JRPGs at gamestop.  I picked up ~10 games this weekend for 30%+$5 off, bringing most games into the $14-23 range from $29-35.    Not sure when I'll play them, but I have virtually every one of them now including Disgaea 3, Conception 2, Ragnarok Oddysey, Ys, and Muramasa.

You can read about the $5 coupon here

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334887-gamestop-coupon-for-5-off-by-downloading-tyrant-unleashed/

and get the birthday coupon here

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/323979-gamestop-20-off-bday-coupon-updated-expires-july-31st/page-15

Also found a copy of Akiba Strips (er Akibas Trip) at Best Buy, $32 after GCU.

Combining the Gamestop birthday coupon and the $5 kongregate coupon is a good way to stock up on used Vita JRPGs at gamestop. I picked up ~10 games this weekend for 30%+$5 off, bringing most games into the $14-23 range from $29-35. Not sure when I'll play them, but I have virtually every one of them now including Disgaea 3, Conception 2, Ragnarok Oddysey, Ys, and Muramasa.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334887-gamestop-coupon-for-5-off-by-downloading-tyrant-unleashed/

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/323979-gamestop-20-off-bday-coupon-updated-expires-july-31st/page-15

going to hate Ragnarok Oddysey ace if you thought fighting all of the bosses the first time was a problem. before you can unlock the post game ACE quest you need to run 125 floors and refight all of the bosses again.

Combining the Gamestop birthday coupon and the $5 kongregate coupon is a good way to stock up on used Vita JRPGs at gamestop. I picked up ~10 games this weekend for 30%+$5 off, bringing most games into the $14-23 range from $29-35. Not sure when I'll play them, but I have virtually every one of them now including Disgaea 3, Conception 2, Ragnarok Oddysey, Ys, and Muramasa.

That is a really good idea....damn it now I'm tempted to blow some trade credit.

Hah! Nevermind, 30 mile round trip drive for both Disgaea 3 and Conception 2.

going to hate Ragnarok Oddysey ace if you thought fighting all of the bosses the first time was a problem. before you can unlock the post game ACE quest you need to run 125 floors and refight all of the bosses again.
Really? That's crazy. I didn't finish Ragnarok Oddysey. I forget which boss I got to, but I haven't picked up the game in quite some time...

Really? That's crazy. I didn't finish Ragnarok Oddysey. I forget which boss I got to, but I haven't picked up the game in quite some time...
i know the post game what i can remember

floor 125 had a new dragon boss what was easy

Floor 100 had the same boss and the final boss in the normal story

floor 75 had the boss with the spikes (cant remember what chapter that was i think 9-8)

and you refought the other bosses on the other floors like menia (did i spell that right) was like on floor 92 and stuff like that. bosses just popped up at random but you will fight them again going up the tower This is ACE so i dont know if the first one had the post game stuff

I wouldn't recommend Toukiden at the price esp with the new version coming out. Just get the new version unless the other one is like $15 or less. It's a decent game nonetheless.

I wouldn't recommend Toukiden at the price esp with the new version coming out. Just get the new version unless the other one is like $15 or less. It's a decent game nonetheless.
why not get it beat it and resell it. Who knows when its coming it could be xmas 2015 so your going to wait a year to play it

Not really and takes less than an hour to clear b125. Every 25 floors has a set boss which you fight at normal health. Every 5 floors of the tower has the chance to randomize either a boss (at massively reduced health) or a bunch of enemies.

Not really and takes less than an hour to clear b125. Every 25 floors has a set boss which you fight at normal health. Every 5 floors of the tower has the chance to randomize either a boss (at massively reduced health) or a bunch of enemies.
not sure if that is true cause i ran floor 76 to 100 5 times when i had the game and floor 100 always had the final boss of the main game.

and yea if you farm major you can run it fast but good luck farming. Not sure its a bad game, i just dont like the idea where you have to run the tower to 125 just to play the ace chapters.

bread's done
Back