PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Vita. My Vita gets 10x more playtime than any other consols in the house combined. I have 29 games for it currently, and there are still a dozen more currently out i want to play plus all the ones coming out next year.This is honestly the best portable console I have ever purchased (and I have like 70 PSP games).
I have a long commute to work so my Vita is my best friend.

The Vita has plenty of indie games and niche games. If you are looking for AAA games, that boat sailed away a long time ago.

The same thing happened with the PSP after a while.

The Vita has plenty of indie games and niche games. If you are looking for AAA games, that boat sailed away a long time ago.

The same thing happened with the PSP after a while.
Would you consider the Lego franchise AAA? They released a game just last week. I mean no one's ever heard of Batman so maybe we shouldn't count it...

On a more serious note: Are there less AAA titles released on the Vita? Sure, but who really cares? As I said in an earlier post it's a niche system full of niche games. If you want run-of-the-mill AAA stuff boot up your PS4.

possibly my singing monsters? Havent played it myself but looks cute/simple. I'll have to think about that. Had my niece playing games around 3 but it wasn't on the vita. She had her first halo kill @ 2 heh =D (ok i cheated she was on my lap with my hands over hers but it was cute)
My Singing Monsters is sort of fun/cute, but it's something of a freemium game where, if you don't shell out money, you basically sort of play for 10 minutes and then have to wait hours (sometimes up to 24 hours for certain actions), so probably something that would frustrate a 3 year old.

I know my 4 year old niece loves the Lego Movie Videogame and Little Big Planet 2 on the ps3 (I don't usually let her get a hold of my vita or 3DS, though...but occasionally let her play my old DS lite)...and she played those with me when she was 3...so the vita LBP and Lego games might be safe bets.

Would you consider the Lego franchise AAA? They released a game just last week. I mean no one's ever heard of Batman so maybe we shouldn't count it...

On a more serious note: Are there less AAA titles released on the Vita? Sure, but who really cares? As I said in an earlier post it's a niche system full of niche games. If you want run-of-the-mill AAA stuff boot up your PS4.
No, they aren't AAA. And the Lego games for vita are not the same as consoles, you should know that. They are mobile games upconverted with pretty graphics.

My Singing Monsters is sort of fun/cute, but it's something of a freemium game where, if you don't shell out money, you basically sort of play for 10 minutes and then have to wait hours (sometimes up to 24 hours for certain actions), so probably something that would frustrate a 3 year old.

I know my 4 year old niece loves the Lego Movie Videogame and Little Big Planet 2 on the ps3 (I don't usually let her get a hold of my vita or 3DS, though...but occasionally let her play my old DS lite)...and she played those with me when she was 3...so the vita LBP and Lego games might be safe bets.
You can always get PS1/PSP Classics as well

Katamaria, Parappa the Rapper, Harvest Moon, those types of games seem fun for kids.

Also Project Diva F ^^

No, they aren't AAA. And the Lego games for vita are not the same as consoles, you should know that. They are mobile games upconverted with pretty graphics.
Not knowing their budgets I'm inclined to believe the Lego games are AAA. By definition they are large development budget and large advertising budget. I can guarantee the latter; there have been TONS of ads for the new Lego Batman game. However the former I do not know but I'd imagine they have virtually unlimited funds like CoD to continue to milk the cash cow. Game quality is technically not a requirement for AAA status. The fact that the Vita games are basically the mobile games (which I'm not going to argue against because I know that's been the case for at least one in the past) is not relevant for the purposes of this classification. You could make the argument that the budget for the Vita version is surely small compared to other consoles, but it does get the advertising bump regardless.

Idk, I think lego is more like a popular mainstream game rather than AAA. Especially since the vita version is a port or alternative version of the superior console version. Plus all that advertisement is a joint affair showing off the console versions primarily.
I think vita AAA games are like resistance, Killzone, AC, LBPV, ect that use the vita as the main development system and not a port, with extensive work on graphics and advertisement for vita exclusivity.
But than again there really isn't any concrete definition of AAA, it's just something gamers made up.
AAA is really an auto club care service to tow your car.

sorry to change the topic a bit, but is there any games or downloads for the Vita that would be good for a 3yr old?
for all these, i recommend checking out youtube footage first.

My singing monsters, maybe. Collect monsters, they play instruments. You click as they earn money. probably too hard to properly set up monsters, but might be fun collecting the money? So you might need to help.

Sunflowers, maybe.

kung fu rabbit, maybe (probably too hard, but it's a cheap cutesy platformer and a 3 year old might have fun with it not realizing they're losing)

Aabs animals, maybe.

Vita Pets

Lego games?

sorry to change the topic a bit, but is there any games or downloads for the Vita that would be good for a 3yr old?
Maybe you should get a 3DS for the kid? There are a lot of games geared for a younger audience. Plus if your kid gets into PS Vita you will never see it again.

You can always get PS1/PSP Classics as well

Katamaria, Parappa the Rapper, Harvest Moon, those types of games seem fun for kids.

Also Project Diva F ^^
Ya, that's true. My niece was just over playing Project Diva F with me, actually. But she's sort of too young for the rhythm gameplay. She just likes to go to the diva room and watch the characters move around and poke them and change their clothes. And she likes watching them dance in the AR mode in the vita version.

Also, she likes Proteus, Fez, Journey, Flower, and played a bit of Hohokum the other day and dug it. So, basically, some of the sandbox-ish artistic indie games where you can just mess around and have fun without actually completing goals.

I would recommend Loco Roco or maybe even Patapon as well, though I'm not sure what releases are playable on the Vita. Three years old is pretty young to start gaming. Way to indoctrinate early!

My Singing Monsters is a super easy game to play. I've been playing it pretty continously since August. I have earned all the trophies and hatched most of the monsters (only missing the one that costs a fuck -load of in-game money and the legendary off the water island, plus a few of the shugabush and ethereal legendaries). It's a great way to train patience as it does take like half a day (at least) to hatch a monster once you get into the later game content. I've spent a total of zero dollars on it and I've seen almost everything. It can be done! It just takes forever...

I'd recommend getting them a tablet instead. 3 is very young and a tablet is going to likely get much more mileage as it is just much more versatile. Probably going to be far more games they would be interested in, in addition to apps/learning stuffs, can browser, watch video, etc. 

I am eagerly awaiting some sales...maybe closer to black friday. looking for FFX to go 19.99 hopefuly

Thanks everyone for the feedback on games for a 3yr old. I never planned on getting a Vita in my life, but a co-worker had one and only wanted $30 for it, so I snatched it up. My son uses the Vita for his kid shows on Netflix and also uses the Paint park (or whatever it is called) but I just couldn't find any game that he could play or keep him entertained and something new for him. Ill check out the few games you guys suggested.

Wish grated see gamestop ad. This and 16 gb card (also19.99) about all I have seen for Vita
I saw it for ps3 at 19.99 but not vita. Also, I'm not going to buy it in store, only online. Going out to buy something that weekend is a death wish

remember that FF X for the vita X-2 is download only and is like 4 GB (i think cant remember size) might be 2
it's like, 3.5 if im remembering correctly. I have a spare 4gb memory card. I think that will be enough for 10-2 and a save file. What do you think? I don't mind the download only thing. I prefer playing on the vita.

But isn't making someone you care about happy the best deal of all? :grouphug:
18zv86xndsjh7png.png

YMMV, but Target has a few decent Vita games as part of their 50% off pre-BF sale (today, 11/26).
I saw the following games for $9.99 today:
Dead or Alive 5 +
LEGO Batman 2
LEGO Chima
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Ninja Gaiden Sigma +
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Found some of the Vita deals at Target. They had a $10 bin with games for various systems and the Vita games were mixed in with them. Picked up Jak Collection, Super Monkey Ball Blitz, Dead or Alive 5+, NFS Most Wanted and Mortal Kombat.

Also saw NG Sigma + and MLB The Show 12

are there any vita system deals this bf? i dont recall seeing any. My niece just told me she wanted a vita for her bday next month. I was going to wait for the colored ones to come out but i seriously am doubting they will here in the US

are there any vita system deals this bf? i dont recall seeing any. My niece just told me she wanted a vita for her bday next month. I was going to wait for the colored ones to come out but i seriously am doubting they will here in the US
I don't think I've seen any system deals listed, either. They tried for the vita deals last year and seem to have just given up this year. I got mine at Best Buy last BF when they had a solid deal on the system, but, if I remember correctly, few people bought them, and they ended up with a case full of extra vitas they were trying to get rid of after the holidays. Which then seemed to be followed by Best Buy cutting their already small in-store vita game section by like 2/3.

So, ya, it basically seems like Sony and retailers have given up on pushing the vita this year.

Has anybody seen any deals for Vita games online? I just got a PSTV, but the only thing I own for Vita is P4TG; and I haven't seen any worthwhile sales on anything I'm remotely interested in at any of the major retailers' sites.

Playing PSP games/PSOne Classics on a big screen is nice and all, but I already have them all loaded on my PSP, and I've played them before.

EDIT:
Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, is there any difference between the PS3 and Vita versions of Arcana Heart 3: Love Max? For that matter, what's the difference between Love Max and AH3 vanilla?

Definitely feeling the lack of love for the Vita this holiday season. I thought I saw a few games in the GameStop ad, but otherwise Nada.

I think some of the issue might be that very few stores have and Vita game stock anymore. My Target typically has 4-5 games max, and the Best Buy Vita section has dwindled to a clearance area. When there is no store stock, not much reason to have a sale.

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard about some unadvertised $9.99 Vita games at Target, and although they are a bit older, I was happy that I found something this weekend.

Definitely feeling the lack of love for the Vita this holiday season. I thought I saw a few games in the GameStop ad, but otherwise Nada.

I think some of the issue might be that very few stores have and Vita game stock anymore. My Target typically has 4-5 games max, and the Best Buy Vita section has dwindled to a clearance area. When there is no store stock, not much reason to have a sale.

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard about some unadvertised $9.99 Vita games at Target, and although they are a bit older, I was happy that I found something this weekend.
No surprise, I own 2 Vita's and no regrets but I saw the writing on the wall with how Sony priced the handheld, games and marketing.

As long as the Vita keeps getting Niche love I will love it. I can't wait for that Firefly game or Criminal Girls myself and am currently working through Tales of Hearts R, which is a decent if not great Tales game, but it's still fun. Also the future Neptunia games are good too.

Gamestop has a refurbished Vita 1000 bundle with 2 games (sonic racing, Street Fighter X Tekken) and a 4gb memory stick for $149.99. Also they have the 16gb card for $19.99

Gamestop has a refurbished Vita 1000 bundle with 2 games (sonic racing, Street Fighter X Tekken) and a 4gb memory stick for $149.99. Also they have the 16gb card for $19.99
I honestly think you're better off getting a Cowboom refurb. I got a white one for like $110 a few months ago. It was in great shape, except for a fairly deep scratch in the middle of the screen (very difficult to see during gameplay, luckily).

bread's done
Back