PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up an used copy of Tales of Hearts R at Gamestop tonight. Figured for $27 after using Birthday coupon and PUR and the extended return policy this time of year that it was worth it for me to try it out. Anyone played it yet and have any feedback on it?

Picked up an used copy of Tales of Hearts R at Gamestop tonight. Figured for $27 after using Birthday coupon and PUR and the extended return policy this time of year that it was worth it for me to try it out. Anyone played it yet and have any feedback on it?
Good price considering it's fairly new. I haven't played the Vita version yet, but I liked it on DS.

The PS3 version of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is $7.99 at Best Buy and includes a free download of the game for Vita.

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard about some unadvertised $9.99 Vita games at Target, and although they are a bit older, I was happy that I found something this weekend.
I picked up a couple Vita games at Target this weekend on impulse. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, DOA 5, Soul Sacrifice were 9.99 each. Nothing great but there were games I've been wanting to try.

The 50% bin was kinda Kmart-esque. Bunch of random games from all systems just thrown together.

It's a great Tales game. The story is better than most, and cast is entirely likable. The battle system is plain fun. It's kind of a cross between Graces F and the more traditional Tales. You still have TP but you also have TC like in Graces, limiting how many artes you can perform in one combo. There are skills and gear you can equip to mess with your TC. There is also a counter system. Sometimes in the middle of a combo, an enemy will glow red and make a sound. If you time the block perfectly you can continue the combo. There are numerous skills you can equip that are linked to landing perfect counters such as HP/TP recovery, and resetting your TC.

Another system is the Chase system. Sometimes after wailing on an enemy enough, a blue symbol will appear on top of them. completing a standard attack combo or performing specific artes at this point will break the enemy. The enemy will be stunned for the duration of the break. You can use this time to wail on the enemy to your pleasure and if you knock the enemy away from you, you can press square to instantly teleport to them wherever they may be on the ground or in the air. Again there are numerous skills that can be equipped to make the Chase more effective and last longer.

Overall it's probably the most active battle system in the series and learning the mechanics will lead to largest combos in the series that you can get through normal play rather than having to set up specific scenarios to achieve them.

Damnit just got paid and everything went back to regular price ugh! Was in for murdered, freedom,the wolf, and walking dead 1&2 damnit

Wanted Freedom Wars but by the time I saw it was unavailable for shipping and there were no copies at my 3 best buy stores. Honestly the last 2-3 times I went to one Best Buy I don't remember seeing Vita games...so I probably had no chance to get the game at my local stores.

If you guys see something like this my local shop usually has surplus so if I can snag you something I totally will

If they were $10 each I would've bought both
Freedom Wars is worth $29. It's a steal at $14.99. I don't see it going to $10, but even if it did I am fine with paying $30. It's a lot of game for the price. You probably will kick yourself for not jumping on this sale.

Freedom Wars is worth $29. It's a steal at $14.99. I don't see it going to $10, but even if it did I am fine with paying $30. It's a lot of game for the price. You probably will kick yourself for not jumping on this sale.
(Until the G/Ace/Delta/Whatever version comes out in eight months, anyway.)

(Yes I bought it.)

Freedom Wars for $15 has been the best deal oh the holidays for me. Maybe that says something about the "deals" we are getting this year.

Concur. It had all that telltale ... Ahem ... Telltale jankiness and weird frame drops. But touch controls + trophies + play during commute = best overall experience, even with the rougher edges.
Yeah, it was a great in bed game too. Not the kind of thing I would even want to play on the TV.

Wasn't sure if this price was mentioned before, but I got Killzone Mercenary for $8 at Kmart today. Price tag on the case was $39.99.

I REALLY wanna find Injustice for PS vita for $10 shipped...i wanna play it SOOOO bad, but i cant afford it =/
A lot of people on this site said the vita version of the game was poorly ported and is vastly inferior to the ps3/ps4 counterparts. If you only have a vita then it is better than nothing but your enthusiam for the portable version makes me believe you may be in for a disappointing experience.

Confirmed: I picked up a copy of Killzone Mercenary @ Kmart for $8 plus tax -- it was labeled as $29.99, but rang up for $8.

A lot of people on this site said the vita version of the game was poorly ported and is vastly inferior to the ps3/ps4 counterparts. If you only have a vita then it is better than nothing but your enthusiam for the portable version makes me believe you may be in for a disappointing experience.
I was pretty happy with it. I owned Injustice on the PS3 and later bought the ultimate on Vita, and It was impressive enough. But I was so appalled at the Mortal Kombat port, that Injustice was a pleasant surprise.

Either way its a steal at 10 dollars.

bread's done
Back