PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
can you play UK/JP games on the vita? Ithought it was region locked like the 3ds
Sony hasn't done region lock since PS2...PSP, PS3, PS4, and Vita are all region free. I believe even the DS/Dsi were region locked, same probably goes for Wii/Wii U.

[quote name="Milliardo" post="12402140" timestamp="1420988627"]Sony hasn't done region lock since PS2...PSP, PS3, PS4, and Vita are all region free. I believe even the DS/Dsi were region locked, same probably goes for Wii/Wii U.[/quote]

3DS, Wii, and Wii U are region locked unfortunately.

there was no physical release in NA, only in europe. you can buy it from amazon UK, they will usually ship to USA with an american credit card
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KQDVTLA

Could also try game.co.uk
http://www.game.co.uk/en/ratchet-clank-trilogy-290868

the NA digital version will probably go on sale though this year during a flash sale or maybe even free on PS+, its only 3GB so not that huge really
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/ratchet-clank-collection/cid=UP9000-PCSA00133_00-0000000000000RCC
That's my point lol, since Vita games are region free and it was only released overseas, I'm trying to find it cheap but its coming up everywhere $40 after shipping, its so sought after that the price keeps going up :/

I was looking at this one

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271730613207?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

But I says something about import charges, anyone have experience with that?
Just a heads up. Not sure if someone mentioned this, but be careful on purchasing Ratchet and Clank physical for vita from Europe. There are quite a few bugs in the physical copy of the game (people say the map-o-matic is unobtainable in #2 because of the bugs). Also, it crashes quite a bit during play. I was about to import it awhile back and came across multiple threads talking about the bugs. No patch was ever released that I could find. Just search Google for "Ratchet Clank Vita crash" (or replace "crash" with "bugs" or "map o matic") and you will get a list of results from forums. The digital copy is completely fine. Sucks because I prefer physical over digital always. Even if I have to import.

Just a heads up. Not sure if someone mentioned this, but be careful on purchasing Ratchet and Clank physical for vita from Europe. There are quite a few bugs in the physical copy of the game (people say the map-o-matic is unobtainable in #2 because of the bugs). Also, it crashes quite a bit during play. I was about to import it awhile back and came across multiple threads talking about the bugs. No patch was ever released that I could find. Just search Google for "Ratchet Clank Vita crash" (or replace "crash" with "bugs" or "map o matic") and you will get a list of results from forums. The digital copy is completely fine. Sucks because I prefer physical over digital always. Even if I have to import.
Woah thanks for the headsup o-o.

Awww damn, yea that's gonna stop me from getting it physically now :(

I looked it up and there is a fix you can do everytime but it seems too tedious, might as well wait for a sale digitally, anyone know if it has ever been on sale?

Sony hasn't done region lock since PS2...PSP, PS3, PS4, and Vita are all region free. I believe even the DS/Dsi were region locked, same probably goes for Wii/Wii U.
thats not entirely true. PS3 was MOSTLY region free. There were some games that were region locked. But i believe that was at the devs discression. Not sure if that was the case with any ps4 games. Thanks for the info though guys

I looked it up and there is a fix you can do everytime but it seems too tedious, might as well wait for a sale digitally, anyone know if it has ever been on sale?
yeesh, that does suck. I was about to start looking myself. You really gotta watch out for that crap. Its why i wound up not geting a copy of Tales of Eternia for the PSP. Certain early copies had a bug that made finishing the game impossible o_O

thats not entirely true. PS3 was MOSTLY region free. There were some games that were region locked. But i believe that was at the devs discression. Not sure if that was the case with any ps4 games. Thanks for the info though guys
Yeah it was up to the dev/publisher and only a single game was region locked (Persona 4 Arena) which was a big controversy. PS4 is the same way and left to the dev/publisher.

Anyone have any idea of that 10% discount we were promised from Sony?
I'm thinking this week. I noticed my PS+ goods were at the top of my download list yesterday with a date of 1/9/2015 so that would mean the extension went into effect.

I'm thinking this week. I noticed my PS+ goods were at the top of my download list yesterday with a date of 1/9/2015 so that would mean the extension went into effect.
Is that what that was? I went to check my recent transactions and noticed that Battlefield 3 was a recent download I did on my PS3 (which isn't true). I saw where it says purchased and expires and noticed the dates were 1/10/15 - expires 2/8/15 or something like that. I then look into it a little further and it says 1 Month of PS+. Was that the free month they were giving us?

Is the game solid? I was intrigued when it came out and at this price seems like a good time to try it. There is an used copy as well so could use bday coupon.
Happened to stumble on it this weekend at GS, found a new Day 1 edition, played the heck out of it all weekend. A lot of fun if you're a One Piece fan, if not, it's still enjoyable.

Thoughts on One Piece World Red?  I'm not a fan but I'll watch it if it comes on.  Looks to be kind of like a mission based brawler?  Reviews aren't great but looks like it might be interesting enough if I can get this used copy for like $13.

Thoughts on One Piece World Red? I'm not a fan but I'll watch it if it comes on. Looks to be kind of like a mission based brawler? Reviews aren't great but looks like it might be interesting enough if I can get this used copy for like $13.
Like I said, I've really enjoyed it, but I'm a huge fan of the show, and the last One Piece game I played for the 3DS left a
bad taste in my mouth, so I've been hungering for a new game. If you can get a used copy for $13 it's worth it, might get repetative though.

Like I said, I've really enjoyed it, but I'm a huge fan of the show, and the last One Piece game I played for the 3DS left a
bad taste in my mouth, so I've been hungering for a new game. If you can get a used copy for $13 it's worth it, might get repetative though.
My hold on it went through so I'll grab it when I go out in a little. Worst case scenario I take it back in a few days if I hate it but it looked like it would be fun enough on YouTube.

I'm at HPB and I found some vita games that someone just sold to them, they are

Disagea 4: A promise revisited - $19.99
One piece Unlimited red world - $14.99
Pride of Justice (Japanese game) -$9.99

There's others but not good prices. I have a 15% off entire purchase also, should I get all 3? I'd play them all. Just wondering if they are good deals.

There's others but not good prices. I have a 15% off entire purchase also, should I get all 3? I'd play them all. Just wondering if they are good deals.
They're all pretty good deals, all about 10 bucks off wha they would normally go for

They're all pretty good deals, all about 10 bucks off wha they would normally go for
Saw above that One Piece is a little cheaper at GS with b-day so passed and I'll buy at GS. Disagea 4 was a tough one, I had to pass though since I still have to beat Disagea 3 from ps+. Grabbed Pride of Justice for $8.50 though. Can't find that in stores. Looks fun too.

My hold on it went through so I'll grab it when I go out in a little. Worst case scenario I take it back in a few days if I hate it but it looked like it would be fun enough on YouTube.
wasn't it a GS exclusive for the vita version? If so, yea id snag one if I was you

sorry, whats HPB? Id like a 2nd copy of Disgaea 4. I only got one one LE copy for some reason instead of 2 and would probably rather keep it sealed

wasn't it a GS exclusive for the vita version? If so, yea id snag one if I was you

sorry, whats HPB? Id like a 2nd copy of Disgaea 4. I only got one one LE copy for some reason instead of 2 and would probably rather keep it sealed
I did.

Half Priced Books. It's a regional retailer that sells used media.

You are in luck on Ratchet and Clank Trilogy. It will be on sale today for $12

Also a bunch of other games are going to be on sale

Disgaea 4 - $19.99

Danganronpa - $19.99

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/13/playstation-anniversary-sale-starts-today-60-games-discounted/

figured id ask here. I cant find my other 32gb card. I had one for cart games and PS+ games on it that i kept my cart saves on, and one for digital only games that i kept saves for that on

Are the saves on the memory card or the cart? Because i want to get started on freedom wars but only have the digital only memory card on hand. If i just start playing on that will the save be on the cart when i find the other memory card or will i have to start over?

figured id ask here. I cant find my other 32gb card. I had one for cart games and PS+ games on it that i kept my cart saves on, and one for digital only games that i kept saves for that on

Are the saves on the memory card or the cart? Because i want to get started on freedom wars but only have the digital only memory card on hand. If i just start playing on that will the save be on the cart when i find the other memory card or will i have to start over?
Saves are always on the memory card or in the cloud.

What sucks is that if your saves are on the memory card, you can't separate them from the game data. I played Uncharted: Golden Abyss when it was first on PS+ and then found a physical copy for cheap. In order to delete the digital version, the save gets deleted too. I have to start all over.

What sucks is that if your saves are on the memory card, you can't separate them from the game data. I played Uncharted: Golden Abyss when it was first on PS+ and then found a physical copy for cheap. In order to delete the digital version, the save gets deleted too. I have to start all over.
If you try to install the cartridge version of the game while the digital one is still installed, a message should pop up asking to delete the game data, but will retain your save data. I just did that with Smart As... and it worked like a champ.

So, don't delete your data before you pop in your physical cart.

Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately I deleted the digital version well before I got the physical version to save memory card space. I wish I had known that for WipEout 2048 too.

On the memory card but you can use PS+ to upload them to the cloud and then download it into the other memory card when you give it.

Some games save to the memory card and some save to the cart. You can auto upload your saves to the cloud though. The only problem is you have to Manually set each game to do that.

bread's done
Back