PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
hah i noticed some of the jiggle in a few of the videos i saw, but it wasn't anything too out there. She'd probably pick the loli's to play anyway, so no jiggle there. The languange doesn't matter at all. Shes played the Wolf Among us up to chapter 3 so far.. so yea, the content here probably isnt' going to phase her. Im just more curious about the gameplay
I finished the good ending for all 4 characters. The gameplay pretty much amounts to picking a task for the day from a list and watching it play out...and occasionally answering a question with 3 choices. And the tasks you choose basically up certain stats/number of fans or lead to a story/side event of some kind. Oh, and you can put on concerts, usually about once per game week, where all you do is set up the stage/costume/song and then just push dpad and circle buttons to change camera angles and square/triangle/x to trigger special effects when people cheer.

It's really pretty easy...all 4 playthroughs, I think I finished with the good ending (not the "true ending", which is more complicated) within like 50-70 of the 180 days you get without much effort. In fact, the first time I played, it was like "Yay! You did it!" and I was like "Wait, what? I did? Already?"...haha So gameplay-wise she should be good.

But, yes, content-wise, it's not nearly as overtly sexual as some reviews I've seen make it out to be. There are bouncy breasts, some talk of breasts, some scantily clad characters, etc. And a few comedic bits where
the character is put into a situation where he's sort of...say...in a crowd being pushed up against the girl's body and he's uncomfortable and the girl's like "hey, watch what you're brushing up against!"...or has to get a bug out of a girl's clothing with some talk of accidentally copped feels and what not...

And there's some language (oddly enough, the character with the smallest breasts apparently makes up for it by being the one with the foulest mouth). Oh, and there's a side mode that's basically some sort of alarm clock mode (if, for some unknown reason, you'd want to use your vita as an alarm clock) where you can pick a girl, change outfits, and can then poke her with the front/rear touch screens (which basically just has an animation where they pull back or cover up where you poke them). It's really just a small side thing with little content.

Keep in mind I haven't finished 100% of the events, so there might be more in there that I haven't experienced. So, ya, I guess your call on the content. But the gameplay shouldn't be much of a problem for her.

I think if you're going to dismiss suggestive images and inappropriate language, there really isn't anything a 9 year old can not figure out on a console, unless she:

a) does not like to read

b) gets frustrated easily

c) has no coordination / reflex time

In any future games, you should probably just ask if the games are easy or hard to play. "Suitable for a 9 year old" opens you up to many subjective opinions.
i thought the fact that i asked if it would be ok or if it would be to hard was pretty clear.. guess i'll be more specific in the future. As far as content goes the only thing im concerned about is overtly sexual stuff. Like sex scenes or really out there stuff. The little mermaid stripping topless in wolf among us is is pretty much the limit of what i think i'll let her play. And actually i probably wouldn't have let her play it but she had played up to that point and really wanted to keep going. Language and violence dont really matter. I guess in the future i'll just ask for difficulty and if theres a lot of sexual stuff in it.

She does get frustrated a bit easily though so if somethings too hard she'll probably drop it

That has happen to me before, it would be great if someone from GS can give a valid reason as to why is it okay to sell an open game as new but if you try and return it for a refund they will give you an issue.
? How. As someoone pointed out they're supposed to put a terrible sticker on it or put it in one of those baggies. Did they forget to do that? Screw that if they did i wouldn't have left without a refund

I finished the good ending for all 4 characters. The gameplay pretty much amounts to picking a task for the day from a list and watching it play out...and occasionally answering a question with 3 choices. And the tasks you choose basically up certain stats/number of fans or lead to a story/side event of some kind. Oh, and you can put on concerts, usually about once per game week, where all you do is set up the stage/costume/song and then just push dpad and circle buttons to change camera angles and square/triangle/x to trigger special effects when people cheer.

It's really pretty easy...all 4 playthroughs, I think I finished with the good ending (not the "true ending", which is more complicated) within like 50-70 of the 180 days you get without much effort. In fact, the first time I played, it was like "Yay! You did it!" and I was like "Wait, what? I did? Already?"...haha So gameplay-wise she should be good.

But, yes, content-wise, it's not nearly as overtly sexual as some reviews I've seen make it out to be. There are bouncy breasts, some talk of breasts, some scantily clad characters, etc. And a few comedic bits where
the character is put into a situation where he's sort of...say...in a crowd being pushed up against the girl's body and he's uncomfortable and the girl's like "hey, watch what you're brushing up against!"...or has to get a bug out of a girl's clothing with some talk of accidentally copped feels and what not...

And there's some language (oddly enough, the character with the smallest breasts apparently makes up for it by being the one with the foulest mouth). Oh, and there's a side mode that's basically some sort of alarm clock mode (if, for some unknown reason, you'd want to use your vita as an alarm clock) where you can pick a girl, change outfits, and can then poke her with the front/rear touch screens (which basically just has an animation where they pull back or cover up where you poke them). It's really just a small side thing with little content.

Keep in mind I haven't finished 100% of the events, so there might be more in there that I haven't experienced. So, ya, I guess your call on the content. But the gameplay shouldn't be much of a problem for her.
thanks a lot, thats exactly what i was looking for. Sounds like gameplay should be pretty easy for her. And the sexual stuff sounds quite mild. A bit of jiggling and a few slighty ecchi jokes. Is there a difficulty setting in it by chance? Or is it just easy outa the gate?

I ordered Resistance too. I rented and beat it when it was first released, but for $5 (of Amazon credit no less) I'd say it's worth getting again.

[quote name="Moxieman" post="12476331" timestamp="1423236793"]Resistance is 4.99 out of stock at Amazon, but orders can still be placed.[/quote]
Thanks! Got one.

Burning Skies is absolutely terrible. Not worth even $5. I held my nose and punched through for the platinum because I didnt watna low % game on my list, but it wasn't worth the time.

i thought the fact that i asked if it would be ok or if it would be to hard was pretty clear.. guess i'll be more specific in the future. As far as content goes the only thing im concerned about is overtly sexual stuff. Like sex scenes or really out there stuff. The little mermaid stripping topless in wolf among us is is pretty much the limit of what i think i'll let her play. And actually i probably wouldn't have let her play it but she had played up to that point and really wanted to keep going. Language and violence dont really matter. I guess in the future i'll just ask for difficulty and if theres a lot of sexual stuff in it.

She does get frustrated a bit easily though so if somethings too hard she'll probably drop it

? How. As someoone pointed out they're supposed to put a terrible sticker on it or put it in one of those baggies. Did they forget to do that? Screw that if they did i wouldn't have left without a refund

thanks a lot, thats exactly what i was looking for. Sounds like gameplay should be pretty easy for her. And the sexual stuff sounds quite mild. A bit of jiggling and a few slighty ecchi jokes. Is there a difficulty setting in it by chance? Or is it just easy outa the gate?
No difficulty settings but none are needed. I played again last night and got the "true ending" for one of the characters, and to get the true ending, you have to play through 61 days (out of the 180 you're given) to get through all of the timeline-related story events. I think it literally took more effort to make it through those 61 days without winning than it would have to try to win with the good ending. I actually had to thwart the game's attempts at helping me win...lol

And, ya, as for content goes,
I ran into another scene where my character accidentally walked in on the girl getting dressed, and she was like "what are you doing? get out!"...again, fairly benign...and I don't think they showed anything...I think the image just had sort of a comedic sensor image over it. And finishing the true ending unlocked the skimpy bikini/underwear type costumes...basically like a bikini with a garter.
I'd personally probably say the teen rating it has is about appropriate for the content and humor in the game. So, ya, like I said...your call.

Maybe my store gave their section to your store.
Ha ha :) I just hope this means I can actually do pre-orders for in-store pick up now. There wasn't much of a selection but I saw that they had the Spongebob game for the movie so it seems they are getting new games. The video game section in general looked more expanded as well. The PS4 and XBox One games were further spread out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251828713511

Very excited! Got a good deal on games i was missing and found physical copies of both the final fantasy x and x-2 in english in there best cover art !:) i have no idea why no one picked these up yet, final fantasy x-2 in english physically is becoming scarce to find for a good price so very happy to get tearaway and a 8gb memory card with it. Was a good day on ebay for me.

Very excited! Got a good deal on games i was missing and found physical copies of both the final fantasy x and x-2 in english in there best cover art ! :) i have no idea why no one picked these up yet, final fantasy x-2 in english physically is becoming scarce to find for a good price so very happy to get tearaway and a 8gb memory card with it. Was a good day on ebay for me.
Congrats, that's a pretty good deal.

Yeah i was holding off in buying the US version, even though i can find ffx for vita for 10-15$ with a used dlc voucher for ffx-2 i rather have the prettier box art and physical version of both.

Edit: playasia last year had both of them physically for 20$ that i missed out on.. (The better physical box art one asian/english version) but i think people had trouble getting it shipped to them and there was a whole controversy about it and not getting there copy.

whoa i didnt know they made an english physical release of x-2 its the only reason i havnt gotten the collection
Damn, where have you been? We had a Play-Asia thread for these releases for months, as there was an issue with their delivery of these games, and it took 3 months on average for orders to arrive.

i actually just started collecting vita stuff...since a lot of the games have been going down in price...no one usually has this stuff at yard sales ;.; 

Anyone know if they released physical copies of the Duke Nukem Megaton edition? Downloaded it this week finally and its worth every bit of $9.99. Brings back so many memories of playing Duke on PC (and oddly on the Sega Saturn). Love that its polished and widescreen along with all of the Expansion Packs I never got to play back in the day. Multiplayer is nostalgic too and the lag has been mostly not existent on my end. Been enjoying that a lot. I really hope Devolver converts the Shadow Warrior redux to Vita next.

[quote name="metrokard" post="12480924" timestamp="1423414902"]i actually just started collecting vita stuff...since a lot of the games have been going down in price...no one usually has this stuff at yard sales ;.;
[/quote

Yeah my vita collection is starting to look pretty! My price for games that i don't own is 10$ maximum just picked up resistance and soul sacrifice from amazon for 5$ and 9.99$ recently but im also buying all the le of the vita jrpg's for whatever msrp is or preorders.

Very excited! Got a good deal on games i was missing and found physical copies of both the final fantasy x and x-2 in english in there best cover art ! :) i have no idea why no one picked these up yet, final fantasy x-2 in english physically is becoming scarce to find for a good price so very happy to get tearaway and a 8gb memory card with it. Was a good day on ebay for me.
wait, the asian version is in english? Like subtitles, or is it actually english voiced? Never even looked into that because i assumed it wouldn't be in english at all

wait, the asian version is in english? Like subtitles, or is it actually english voiced? Never even looked into that because i assumed it wouldn't be in english at all
There's a few Asian countries where English is either the main, second, or official language (like Singapore). So quite a few Asian games get released all in English. The Digimon games on Wonderswan for instance, even though the Wonderswan only came out in Japan.

Damn, where have you been? We had a Play-Asia thread for these releases for months, as there was an issue with their delivery of these games, and it took 3 months on average for orders to arrive.
And I haven't ordered from them since then. Also wasn't the 3 months after they supposedly shipped them, and not including the 2 months or so we had to wait for them on backorder? My memory is hazy, traumatic experience and all :lol:

It's all in english, it's the exact same verison that voucher gives you in the NA release as far as I can tell, trophey list and all. Though I think a the cross saves won't work with the NA PS3 version if your wondering. I could be wrong about that as I've never tried so I'm not entirely sure. There's no dlc to the game at all so you don't even need a foreign account on the vita. Just make sure you have the correct asian version though, if I remember correctly there is one version that isn't in englished.

And I haven't ordered from them since then. Also wasn't the 3 months after they supposedly shipped them, and not including the 2 months or so we had to wait for them on backorder? My memory is hazy, traumatic experience and all :lol:
My order arrived about 3 months to the day after I ordered. 1 month was the back-ordered time, then it took 2 months to show up after being shipped. I have used them again, with no further issues, but I made sure to use Paypal, and mark my calendar so I could file a claim before the 45 days was up.

I'm not sure, but during my resent orders with them, there seemed to be no free shipping option anymore. I'm not sure if this is a new thing, or if the option wasn't there for my items, but even what I ordered was only send able by track-able shipping methods(which was cool with me). It was pretty cheap to.

So we still don't know what happened during those several months, but it looks like they have made changes, hopefully for the better. I didn't mind the delay, as much as them giving me BS on why my order was delayed, or WTF! happened in general?

My ModNation Racers is set to arrive tonight from Amazon. It took two months but I'm happy I'm to at least be getting it. It has been back in stock Prime eligible for over a month so I'm not sure what the hold up was but hey if it was Best Buy they would have just cancelled the order a long time ago so I can't complain too much.

YMMV, but might be worth checking Kmart's final videogame clearance (they're no longer selling videogames in store, so everything is on clearance).  Mine only had 3 vita games, but I think that included Tearaway for $7.99 and Modnation Racers for $1.99 plus an extra 20% off all clearance games.

Grabbed a copy of Modnation for $1.60 even though I have the digital version from PS+.  Precious memory card space and all...haha

Weird question: has anyone been getting a lot of vita games with a cut on the top of the case? Like someone was opening the box they came in poorly and sliced everything across the top? Ive been getting a LOT of games like this lately, all vita for some reason. Seems like most are from Best Buy. Even when i order online. I just noticed boty my standard editions of Neptunia rebith 2 have it and they are sold out now so i cant even rebuy them =(

Kind of annoying and its happening quite a lot. Probably had at least 10 or so games like that the past few months. 

Weird question: has anyone been getting a lot of vita games with a cut on the top of the case? Like someone was opening the box they came in poorly and sliced everything across the top? Ive been getting a LOT of games like this lately, all vita for some reason. Seems like most are from Best Buy. Even when i order online. I just noticed boty my standard editions of Neptunia rebith 2 have it and they are sold out now so i cant even rebuy them =(

Kind of annoying and its happening quite a lot. Probably had at least 10 or so games like that the past few months.
Not Vita, but when I ordered the Persona Q Wild Cards edition for shipping from Best Buy last November, it arrived with a huge gash all the way across the front of the box towards the top, and another smaller one on the side. You could see the contents inside through the hole that had been made. I also thought that someone with Best Buy must've gone a little too deep with the boxcutter on the box they arrived in, and sliced the contents inside as well. Needless to say that one went back to the store, and even the guy at CS looked pretty horrified at what had happened to it. Luckily they had one there in a lot better condition to exchange it with.

I haven't had it happen since then, but I would guess from your experiences that it's more of a careless Best Buy thing, than a Vita thing.

Not Vita, but when I ordered the Persona Q Wild Cards edition for shipping from Best Buy last November, it arrived with a huge gash all the way across the front of the box towards the top, and another smaller one on the side. You could see the contents inside through the hole that had been made. I also thought that someone with Best Buy must've gone a little too deep with the boxcutter on the box they arrived in, and sliced the contents inside as well. Needless to say that one went back to the store, and even the guy at CS looked pretty horrified at what had happened to it. Luckily they had one there in a lot better condition to exchange it with.

I haven't had it happen since then, but I would guess from your experiences that it's more of a careless Best Buy thing, than a Vita thing.
ah i have been getting it on a few 3ds games too but by far vita is the most prominant. Funny you mention that because my Persona Q standard editionn (in first print packaging) was cut badly like you describe. Not a line perpendicular to the top of the case like vita, but a huge gash like you mention parallel to the top across the whole front. I cant recall if that was from BBY or GS though. I just got another one and i have the LE as well so no big deal on that. Im kinda annoyed at the neptunia 2 thing though. I guess i could order some from amazon and return these to them as damaged an get my money back... but thats kinda dicked and id rather not do that

I don't think the LE is that great....listen to the OST on youtube. It's seems too much for the game I wouldn't enjoy it elsewhere. The artwork is beautiful though the artbook is really nothing. It's a cheap LE nonetheless but likely not worth it. The only physical copies will be through NISA though....much prefer my Vita games to be physical.

Last chance for Limited Edition HTOL#NIQ: The Firefly Diary. Probably the last few cancellations, as I got my charge notice yesterday. Go, Go, Go!

http://store.nisamerica.com/htol-niq-the-firefly-diary

EDIT: Both are back in stock, as the regular was sold out to I believe. Make sure to hit the LE button if that is your preference.
LE back in stock at the moment. Actually, both editions have been going in and out of stock the past couple of weeks. If unavailable, just keep checking back. Not sure the game is worth the price but happy to have a physical copy.

I've tried to Pre-order this off and on for monthsbbut haven't been able to get their new site to take my $5 reward code.... It's OOS again, oh well...

I'm torn on pre-ordering this game. On the one hand, I really want to support game developers using super high quality sprites and 2D animation to create gameplay visuals (don't get me wrong, I love vector graphics, but I want to see a game that looks like it could have actually been painted by an artist). This sort of falls through on the animation part, though, and the gameplay and story really just don't look that interesting.

I've tried to Pre-order this off and on for monthsbbut haven't been able to get their new site to take my $5 reward code.... It's OOS again, oh well...
it look out of stock now but i was just able to get a order in about 5 minutes ago.

by the way does anyone know if this will work on ps tv? i thought i seen on some sites saying it will

it look out of stock now but i was just able to get a order in about 5 minutes ago.

by the way does anyone know if this will work on ps tv? i thought i seen on some sites saying it will
It does, though I'd see if you could find some reviews of the Japanese version before you go in. It looks like it could require the touch screen to control the fireflies, and touch screen controls are a bitch on the PSTV.

was just wondering if anyones copy of Neptunia 2 LE came in a bit odd. Mine has the top and bottom lid kinda sitting a bit above where they should be. Almost like the tops a bit too big for the case. Anyone else's like that? I tried laying it between 2 hard ends and it wont seem to stay down

was just wondering if anyones copy of Neptunia 2 LE came in a bit odd. Mine has the top and bottom lid kinda sitting a bit above where they should be. Almost like the tops a bit too big for the case. Anyone else's like that? I tried laying it between 2 hard ends and it wont seem to stay down
That happens from the shrink wrapping. I have had that issue on several of these kinds of items. It's normal.

It does, though I'd see if you could find some reviews of the Japanese version before you go in. It looks like it could require the touch screen to control the fireflies, and touch screen controls are a bitch on the PSTV.
IIRC, a patch was later released to allow for a standard analog stick + button control scheme.

We used to have this problem in my store when the GBA games came in. It's usually caused by the shipper using too much tape to wrap the box. You have to put a little more pressure to get through the tape which inevitably means scratching across the top of the box when the blade cuts through.

ETA: Sometimes it happens with normal amount of tape as well. The person opening the box is just trying to open the box as quickly as possible.

k thanks and i was able to get the LE edition but usually only get LE/CE at full price when i think they will be hard to find later so do NIS LE's usually keep there values or are they hard to find after release? first time having anything that plays vita games since i never had a vita before so still picking stuff up

IIRC, a patch was later released to allow for a standard analog stick + button control scheme.
and ya i found a site that listed the alternate buttons mapping with lack of a touchpad

Don't know if this is the right thread, but any place to grab cheap Vita Memory Cards? (Would a 4 GB Suffice if I am just going to use it for saves and Persona 3 Portable)? Should I get an 8?

Need one for my Vita TV that is coming in.

Got P4 cheap. Now to hunt for Danganrompa, Virtue's Last Reward, and Tales of Hearts R for cheap.

bread's done
Back