PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Very rare for someone to prefer physical copies of Vita games over digital. I have over 30 games on my 64gb card and still have 32gb of space left.
I'd buy the Danganronpa games that are part of this weeks PSN sale if the physical editions were that price. Combined they're 5% of a 64 GB memory card and I lose an average of a GB a month between PS+ and random PS1 or PSP games. Folio and go case holds around 25 games for me.

It's just my opinion that handhelds these days are geared toward being more digital friendly. I pretty much buy physical copies of PS4 games due to the huge digital footprint it takes to download a game on a measly 500gb hard drive.
There is no denying that there is a trend towards digital. But this is CAG Vita thread, plenty of physical lovers like myself. Look at the great lengths we go through just to obtain a physical copy that isn't even available in the US.

Space is no going to an issue going forward. Hard drives are basically getting as cheap as groceries.

Digital for me just makes me feel like i don't actually own it compared to physical and it just doesn't make me wanna pick up a game and play... and physical copies look nicer in collection IMO. 

Only way i'll ever buy something Digital is if it comes down to no physical version and if they ONLY release  it for my favorite favorite favorite series. Looking at you Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies ): also sucks that im making myself skip out on the Atelier series because of it being digital only on vita ohwell~

Only time I never buy digital is if it's from Nintendo. Those morons can't do anything right when it comes to online management.
Yep, and if your console or handheld breaks, is lost, or stolen, you lose all your digital purchases. Unless you send it to them for repair, and pay a hefty fee (if it's outside of the warranty). What a joke!

Yep, and if your console or handheld breaks, is lost, or stolen, you lose all your digital purchases. Unless you send it to them for repair, and pay a hefty fee (if it's outside of the warranty). What a joke!
Wow. That's turrible. I haven't owned a Nintendo console but combined with the fact that their software holds its value would make sense to buy physical. On the vita, digital all the way. Cross buy

Very rare for someone to prefer physical copies of Vita games over digital. I have over 30 games on my 64gb card and still have 32gb of space left.
@Vigilante please quote this again and add some clever gif that says "now look what you have done!"

thats not really true, you can call up Nintendo on a lost handheld and they will transfer all the licenses to a new one but it just takes 3-14 days, there is just no way to do it yourself like Sony/Microsoft/Steam allows.

You did it wrong!

tumblr_inline_n5gxc3r1mR1rrzg0n.gif

The majority prefer physical.

Cant tell you how many times I google a digital only game like the new resident evil hd looking to see if there will be a physical release and I see dozens of comments on each link about how someone wont buy it till its retail.

Aside from humble bundles or whatnot digital is for suckers. Although GOG is pretty good since you can actually download the extra and the .exe files and archive them if you wish.

1- You bought something you do not own. You cant trade it, sell it, let a friend borrow it, or anything. I can take my physical copies of my games in 20 and pull it out and play it, or I can sell them to a collector. You do not actually own digital games, you merely paid to use them. 60 bucks for a digital game you can trade or sell, or 60 bucks for the physical copy that if you dont like it or get tired of it you can trade it or sell it, or give away. I like actually owning what I pay for.

2- In say 20 years I can play a ps4 game I have a physical copy of. But digital versions of the same game may not be compatible on the ps5, or hell their entire service might be gone then. Any company can discontinue use of your game, go bankrupt, not support it on future hardware, or simply remove it from being downloadable in the future because supporting games bought 15 years isnt worth their effort.

3- Want to go back and play a game? Youll have to download it allover again, meanwhile I put my disc in and after a short install Im ready to roll.

4- Im not dependent on a internet connection to download my old physical games, or in a lot of cases dependent on having to have authentication servers up so I can play my physical games.

5- Price. I cant tell you how many times I have saved a ton of money by buying a physical game. Especially new games, game is MSRP digitally but a store has it on sale for 10 bucks or more off. Hell even 6 months later a digital game is still MSRP mean while its 50% off or more retail. Then I can buy a physical game used off ebay or whatnot. And again, I can take that game and sell it or trade it towards a new game making it less.

There are other reasons as well but digital games is a bi product of impatient people. They want something "right now" and will

The majority prefer physical.
Aside from humble bundles or whatnot digital is for suckers. Although GOG is pretty good since you can actually download the extra and the .exe files and archive them if you wish.
Steam = 90% of the PC market now. Physical media for PC is pretty much dead, aside from some rare collectors editions and old games not available on GOG.. hardly anyone buys physical anymore when it comes to PC games.

I guess tons of people are going to lose their goddamn minds once gaming becomes all digital.

Also, I'm just saying I prefer digital for Vita/handhelds. I still pretty much only buy physical copies of PS4 games.

I guess tons of people are going to lose their goddamn minds once gaming becomes all digital.
This. Technology advances and everything will be digital in 10 years or so (maybe even less). I think people are going to have to get used to it. For now, physical is ok.. but in the future, you'll have no choice but to go digital.

Steam = 90% of the PC market now. Physical media for PC is pretty much dead, aside from some rare collectors editions and old games not available on GOG.. hardly anyone buys physical anymore when it comes to PC games.
That's a little different though. There hasn't been a used market for PC games for like 20 years. On PC, piracy reigned supreme since there's no proprietary hardware involved like with consoles. So PC implemented online registration, from Battle.net to Steam. That basically rendered physical media useless, especially when PC DRM was a lot more intrusive (SecuROM, anyone?), which made DRM-protected physical media even more worthless.

With consoles, the DRM is embedded in the hardware. So unless you had specialized equipment, you couldn't even try to bypass the DRM. You have your fringe cases, such as the original Nintendo DS, proven with the popularity of cards like the R4. But in general, you needed the cart/disk to play on console, so they continue to hold a value.

Also, it's easier to port older PC games to newer PCs, since they're using the same x86 architecture, for the most part. With consoles, it changes pretty much every generation. So porting between consoles is a lot more resource intensive. So while you can have GOG/DosBox for PC, it doesn't really exist for consoles. That keeps the prices of console physical media higher than the PC counterpart.

I don't even know where I'm going where this any more.

tl;dr: Just don't read it. It's not important.

That's a little different though. There hasn't been a used market for PC games for like 20 years. On PC, piracy reigned supreme since there's no proprietary hardware involved like with consoles. So PC implemented online registration, from Battle.net to Steam. That basically rendered physical media useless, especially when PC DRM was a lot more intrusive (SecuROM, anyone?), which made DRM-protected physical media even more worthless.

With consoles, the DRM is embedded in the hardware. So unless you had specialized equipment, you couldn't even try to bypass the DRM. You have your fringe cases, such as the original Nintendo DS, proven with the popularity of cards like the R4. But in general, you needed the cart/disk to play on console, so they continue to hold a value.

Also, it's easier to port older PC games to newer PCs, since they're using the same x86 architecture, for the most part. With consoles, it changes pretty much every generation. So porting between consoles is a lot more resource intensive. So while you can have GOG/DosBox for PC, it doesn't really exist for consoles. That keeps the prices of console physical media higher than the PC counterpart.

I don't even know where I'm going where this any more.

tl;dr: Just don't read it. It's not important.
2 l8. I demand a refund for making me read that!

Or more accurately it's like buying Zip drives (remember those?) after the whole world had already moved onto flash drives and SD cards.
holy crap, i remember those. I think i still have one or two in my random computer parts box somewhere =P Hell think i have one IN my old win 2k machine that i used to use to play Diablo

Also, I'm just saying I prefer digital for Vita/handhelds. I still pretty much only buy physical copies of PS4 games.
You mean like they did when xbox tried to pull that shit? Yea... fuck digitial. People keep saying its what gaming will become but theres still a lot of people who dont want that shit. I know for me personally if that day ever really does come im done with gaming. I can put up with in on PC i guess but i will not have it with my consoles

I only prefer physical because it takes up less space on my memory card. I can't afford sony's outlandish prices for their proprietary memory. As for my ps4, I prefer digital. No need to shuffle around for a game disk when I'm already comfortable in my seat. And 1tb hdd's are cheaper than vita memory cards

I'll stick with physical thanks, PC is the only platform I don't mind digital.

Plus I want to build up that shelf of Vita games, I have a 64 GB card and it's maxed out with dozens upon dozens of PSP and PSone games and any Vita games I got from Plus or games that unfortunately don't have a physical release.  I hate the idea of transferring stuff on and off to my PC, I want it all there, all at once.

Whenever some of those games I got digitally from Plus go on sale, I'll be replacing them with physical copies to clear space, and to have on the shelf.

The first console that goes digital only is the first console I don't get going all the way back to NES (minus the less mainstream like jaguar or Neo geo).

Hell, I've even imported about half a dozen vita games because they didn't offer a physical release here. Off the top of my head I've imported Ratchet and Clank Collection, Child of Light, Minecraft, Little King Story just so I could have a physical release instead of digital only.

I'm almost at a point where I'd prefer games went digital only so I'd have an excuse to stop buying anything new and work on my backlog.

The first console that goes digital only is the first console I don't get going all the way back to NES (minus the less mainstream like jaguar or Neo geo).

Hell, I've even imported about half a dozen vita games because they didn't offer a physical release here. Off the top of my head I've imported Ratchet and Clank Collection, Child of Light, Minecraft, Little King Story just so I could have a physical release instead of digital only.

I'm almost at a point where I'd prefer games went digital only so I'd have an excuse to stop buying anything new and work on my backlog.
I also prefer physical copies. Unless Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo start handling digital copies like Steam where digital games become cheap relatively quickly AND you can play those games on any console (even ones coming out in the future). I sense that if anyone is going to do that first of the three big console developers, it will be Sony since they already started doing Cross-buys and their discounts on digital copies have been the steepest thus far. :pray:

Physical as much as possible with the insane prices of Sony memory.
And, for me, because physical games have resale value and can be used no matter what the companies do in the future. I don't trust Sony/MS/Nintendo to allow me to re-download the digital games when they stop supporting those older systems. You don't really own the digital games, you just buy a license to use them, which can be revoked at any time.

Physical as much as possible with the insane prices of Sony memory.
Yeah, that's something we don't really have to worry about on the PC. Not that I'm complaining about deals but between this week's big sale and the $15 back when you spend $100 and that eBay $50 PSN code for $40 I've already got my 16GB card full and I just got my PSTV.

Storage costs aside, physical games on a portable device doesn't make sense to me and my usage habits. I mean, I'd feel weird carrying around a SD card for each game I played on my phone. I want as portable as portable can get. I do have a 64GB card for my PSTV, though, so I have plenty of room for what I own.

So, I'm going to be the proud owner of a vita soon. Any recommendations at good prices?
The PSN currently has a sale of Muramasa's Complete Edition. I would definitely recommend that. The graphics really show off the Vita's screen. The controls are tight, the story is fairly interesting and the DLC is pretty innovative for a 2D side scroller. If youy're a trophy hunter, its also a nice trophy list with a good amount of challenge, but nothing ridiculous.

Check the Trading forum too. There are a good number of cheap titles, both physical and digital to grab. Its the primary way I built up my collection.

Finally, grab the FTP Fat Princess game. Its a nice tiny game that lives on all my memory cards and my built in 1GB.

I probably should have gotten more storage but that $50 PSTV deal was sounding less and less like a deal the higher the memory capacity I was looking at.

With the digital, PSN unlike Steam doesn't really have competition. I mean there's Amazon I guess but not like there's a rep really trying there anymore for digital.

Is Child of Light worth $25 for a physical copy? includes all the DLC.
DLC won't do anything for you since NA never got the physical release. Game will play fine but as mentioned the DLC is vouchers and can only be redeemed through an account for that region of PSN.

I'm just now getting a Vita from having a 3DS for years. You always hear that other companies do their consoles and online better than Nintendo, but looking into it Sony still has its share of problems. The systems are technically region free, but digital games are restricted to each region in a weird way. And the 3DS uses SD cards instead of some exclusive, expensive as hell card. Not to mention that Nintendo would never abandon their system.

I'm just now getting a Vita from having a 3DS for years. You always hear that other companies do their consoles and online better than Nintendo, but looking into it Sony still has its share of problems. The systems are technically region free, but digital games are restricted to each region in a weird way. And the 3DS uses SD cards instead of some exclusive, expensive as hell card. Not to mention that Nintendo would never abandon their system.
Look, if you want to rustle jimmies instead of talking about games, there are better places to do it. Like the Amazon Video Games Forum, they'll go crazy at the drop of a hat over there.

Child of Light DLC is no great shakes. Mostly it's different color dresses and p2w extra crystals you get in the game anyway. Even the 'best' one is basically find 5 not very well hid body parts to put humpty dumpty back together. Okay you have a new Golem party member that has no story after that. The end.

bread's done
Back