PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
don't forget 2k is releasing the Handsome Jack collection on PS4 next week, BL2 and Pre-Sequel remastered for PS4 (PC port basically).  Might be better RPing against a PS4 than playing the vita version, which is supposedly a pretty poor port.

The vita physical version also requires 1.5 gigs free on memory card for the DLCs, which is digital download and not included on the cart.

Vita is likely the poorest version....I don't know why you wouldn't just get the PS4 version....but eh. It never looked good and didn't get too great reviews but for $20 everyone is salivating over it. It doesn't even have the best DLC Tiny Tina included.

I would've got Borderlands 2 on Vita a long time ago. But for whatever stupid reason they excluded one DLC from the package, so if you wanna complete the whole thing, you have to pick up a PS3 copy as well.

Figured I'd ask in here, PS Vita is on sale for $169.99 at Amazon right now, should I buy it or try and go for a AWD Vita instead? I know sometimes its hit or miss with AWD.

I bought two different Borderlands Vita bundles from Warehouse Deals. The first one came with ONLY the system - no memory card, game, or charger. The second one was in perfect condition - everything included and in like new condition - but has one dead pixel. (But for $147 I can't complain.)

If you're worried about quality at all, I'd just buy a new one. $170 really isn't that bad. If you want to save more, you can roll the dice with Warehouse or look around in pawn shops.

I got my OLED vita from cowboom for about 105 + shipping I believe with a minor scratch here or there. It's well worth it and $170 isn't terrible. Honestly I don't think there is a lot of new production for new Vitas so we kind of got to get what we get. 

Best Buy has a few more new Vita games on sale. Since they're new instead of preowned, there might be a better shot of finding them in-store. With exception of Freedom Wars, the others are not in stock for shipping.

Freedom Wars $21.99 / $17.59 with GCU
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $4.99 / $3.99
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale $4.99 / $3.99
Resistance: Burning Skies $4.99 / $3.99
Little Deviants $4.99 / $3.99
Is this permanent or only last week?

Good luck finding any of those at Retail.
They still had several copies of Freedom Wars at my Best Buy. I'd imagine that's the one you'd most likely find. Although that's not a great deal if you can find it at Wal-Mart.

Sly was there. But was gone when I went back for it with the price drop.

I tried playing Borderlands 2 on Vita. Its okay I guess if you want to farm or something (I used it to fight the Warrior over and over for loot).

But for actually doing content its got frame drops like fucking crazy

I tried playing Borderlands 2 on Vita. Its okay I guess if you want to farm or something (I used it to fight the Warrior over and over for loot).

But for actually doing content its got frame drops like fucking crazy
I like that fact that if you have a Tediore Branded Vita, you can throw it and it explodes.

The reviews on Borderlands 2 are way too harsh. I've been playing it all afternoon and yeah, it's got framerate issues, but it's perfectly playable, and tons of fun.

If you've never played a Borderlands game, playing on the Vita can be a decent time sink. Having said that, I'll echo the sentiments that it is arguably the worst platform to experience it. Between the Vita hardware (processing power and control layout) not being optimal and Iron Galaxy not doing the best of ports, I'd say you're better off playing a different game. And this is coming from someone with over 1000 hours in the franchise (and pre-ordered a BL2 Vita). 17FPS is technically playable, but not very enjoyable.

Control layout is fine, takes some getting used to, but once it clicks it's actually a good system. I had to adjust the back touchscreen size a little but after that it was a breeze. Don't get me wrong, I do wish the frame rate was higher and didn't stutter every now and then, but it's perfectly playable to me. And yes, I have played it on a decent PC. 

I put 2-3 hours into Borderlands 2 on PS3 when it hit plus and was excited to get it on Vita. I found the framerate issues just too painful though; my hands would literally cramp always to trying to overcompensate for my reticule jumping past my target. I played in bed late so maybe it was a poor mix but I was severely disappointing, especially knowing that it was likely the last high profile port.

I can still get cramps from fighting a Hotline Miami 2 level under the same circumstances but never feel like my hands are having to do deal with a substandard experience. 

I preordered the claptrap PS4 remake so I'm guessing that will last a long, long time.

I put 2-3 hours into Borderlands 2 on PS3 when it hit plus and was excited to get it on Vita. I found the framerate issues just too painful though; my hands would literally cramp always to trying to overcompensate for my reticule jumping past my target. I played in bed late so maybe it was a poor mix but I was severely disappointing, especially knowing that it was likely the last high profile port.

I can still get cramps from fighting a Hotline Miami 2 level under the same circumstances but never feel like my hands are having to do deal with a substandard experience.

I preordered the claptrap PS4 remake so I'm guessing that will last a long, long time.
Vita gripper

I like mine a lot. My original 3DS had one because the bottom corners would hurt my hands. It makes the Vita even more unwieldy, so it's best to only use this thing at home.

Cheapass option

I was able to nab the following yesterday from my nearest Wally World

Freedom Wars ($15.00)

Borderlands 2 ($20.00)

Walking Dead S2 ($20.00)

Don't know if I'm keeping Borderlands though.  At the time I remembered their were issues with it I just couldn't remember what.  Finding out that the dlc is a voucher isn't helping it's case.  I was tempted on the God of War Collection(20.00) but that also has issues as well.  Also saw Sly Cooper Collection for 15.00 but I could never get into those for some reason.  What I find funny is out of all places nearest to me it's this Walmart that has the largest selection of Vita games, two whole rows! lol

Non-Vita related, but I found some random gaming stuff at a local Walmart this weekend:

• 2 copies of ACIII CE (X360) on clearance for ~$100
  • 4 copies of Uncharted 3 CE on clearance for ~$80
  • Numerous copies of the limited edition of Lego Batman 3 with the bonus Batwing model
There were some other old CEs, but those were the ones that stood out. Since they rarely lower prices, I suspect they'll be there for several more years.

got all these from my local target store for $4.99 each (PM) except Mlb 14 for $7.99 clearance :D/

2586mbt.jpg

got all these from my local target store for $4.99 each (PM) except Mlb 14 for $7.99 clearance :D/

2586mbt.jpg
my local Target has MLB, Resistance, and Smart As also. No Sly, but they did have Hot Shots Golf for $7.49

At my local Target for $7.49

Noticed that my Target put their whole Vita section in the clearance area. Unfortunately not great prices:

Uncharted $19.99
Soul Sacrifce $9.99 (would have grabbed but already have Platinum for it)
LittleBigPlanet $19.99
MLB the Show 14 $19.99

Hot Shots, Lumines and not sure what else are in the section for the B1G1 deal and may try and get Hot Shots again for the online pass.

My Target has also clearanced out it's whole VITA section, not that they ever had a big one. My Best Buy has had no VITA games since November. It's kind of depressing. Especially since I just bought a Playstation TV. I was really hoping for some physical games, so I wouldn't have to waste a bunch of money on an expensive memory card.

Got my wife a Vita, so I plan on giving her my old 16gb memory card. Should I just get a 32 or 64gb? Also have they ever been on sale? 

Get the 64gb, typically you can grab it for $80-$90
It's sad that I paid $40 for my PSTV and if I really want to use it's full potential I have to pay double the price of the system for memory. Sony sucks with the proprietary crap. Both Vita and PSTV had more of a chance if they allowed SD cards.

Like others I'm trying to buy most games on physical media to avoid the overpriced memory. But with stores either drastically reducing or getting rid of Vita all together, digital may soon be the only way to get some of this stuff.

Very depressing.

I hear you on the memory.. Sony has always done this.. they never learn.

I would love to see some 3rd party be able to make Vita memory... and cheap as Hell. Or Sony release a new Vita with SD/Micro SD support. 

Neither will happen.. 

Love my Vita, ended up buying a New 3DS XL. Now the only thing I play on the 3DS.. Bravely Default. (and I haven;t played it in a while) After a brief affair with Nintendo I ran back to my Vita. 

Sony=stupid memory, easier account management for digital games. 

Nintendo=stupid account management for Digital games, cheap memory. (90's graphics on portables)

It's sad that I paid $40 for my PSTV and if I really want to use it's full potential I have to pay double the price of the system for memory. Sony sucks with the proprietary crap. Both Vita and PSTV had more of a chance if they allowed SD cards.

Like others I'm trying to buy most games on physical media to avoid the overpriced memory. But with stores either drastically reducing or getting rid of Vita all together, digital may soon be the only way to get some of this stuff.

Very depressing.
Just buy a smaller cheap memory card from eBay. Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-PS-VITA-8GB-MEMORY-CARD-NEW-159G5-/201300076977?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ede6b69b1

Download "content manager assistant" to your PC and you can copy your games onto your PC through your home network. That allows you to use your PC HDD as storage.

http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/index.html

8GB is enough to run any game and transfering data over your local network should be pretty fast. Personally, I see no reason to have everything loaded onto the PS TV if you can save $50-$80 and back it up to your PC. Sure it takes a minute or two to transfer but it's well worth it for the savings.

I bought games during the sale, downloaded them to the PS TV, transfered them to my PC and deleted them from my PS TV. It works flawlessly.

[quote name="Thebacklash" post="12589301" timestamp="1427179467"]I hear you on the memory.. Sony has always done this.. they never learn.

I would love to see some 3rd party be able to make Vita memory... and cheap as Hell. Or Sony release a new Vita with SD/Micro SD support.
Neither will happen..

Love my Vita, ended up buying a New 3DS XL. Now the only thing I play on the 3DS.. Bravely Default. (and I haven;t played it in a while) After a brief affair with Nintendo I ran back to my Vita.

Sony=stupid memory, easier account management for digital games.
Nintendo=stupid account management for Digital games, cheap memory. (90's graphics on portables)[/quote]
Nintendo has some great games for the 3ds, and since most of their games are cartoony, the graphics don't matter.

I agree that their account management and system transfer process sucks though.

Just buy a smaller cheap memory card from eBay. Something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-PS-VITA-8GB-MEMORY-CARD-NEW-159G5-/201300076977?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ede6b69b1

Download "content manager assistant" to your PC and you can copy your games onto your PC through your home network. That allows you to use your PC HDD as storage.
http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/index.html

8GB is enough to run any game and transfering data over your local network should be pretty fast. Personally, I see no reason to have everything loaded onto the PS TV if you can save $50-$80 and back it up to your PC. Sure it takes a minute or two to transfer but it's well worth it for the savings.

I bought games during the sale, downloaded them to the PS TV, transfered them to my PC and deleted them from my PS TV. It works flawlessly.
Yeah, I've been making do with an 8 GB. Haven't tried the PC thing but just juggle directly from the PS Store. I like that it at least allows you to delete just the game and keep your saves.

Yeah, I've been making do with an 8 GB. Haven't tried the PC thing but just juggle directly from the PS Store. I like that it at least allows you to delete just the game and keep your saves.
Try the PC, it's great, much faster than downloading from the PSN. Plus it's a good backup if they stop supporting the Vita/PSTV in the future, shut down the shops eventually, etc.

If anyone finds Vita games at Target, make sure to check them at a scanner and see if they pop up with a special promotion message. Some of the games not on planogram are part of the B1G1 free sale that they're doing to clear out inventory. My wife found DOA5 for the Vita and got it free with DOA Dimensions 3DS. Not sure what other Vita games might be included.

Non-Vita related, but I found some random gaming stuff at a local Walmart this weekend:

• 2 copies of ACIII CE (X360) on clearance for ~$100
  • 4 copies of Uncharted 3 CE on clearance for ~$80
  • Numerous copies of the limited edition of Lego Batman 3 with the bonus Batwing model
There were some other old CEs, but those were the ones that stood out. Since they rarely lower prices, I suspect they'll be there for several more years.
lmao would that be in a Florida walmart?

What are the chances that Sony will announce a 64gb for US with a decent price drop on memory cards? I am so on the fence all because of the price.
Somewhere around the same chance as Nintendo having a portable system that isn't region locked. It's most likely coming, but not any time soon

What are the chances that Sony will announce a 64gb for US with a decent price drop on memory cards? I am so on the fence all because of the price.
My opinion is that even if Sony releases a 64GB memory card (which is the same as a japanese one), the price on the highest capacity will not drop. The smaller capacity cards may drop slightly, but if there's an option for 64GB, you most definitely should consider this one since digital media is so common nowadays.

Let's play the game though and say that Sony does in fact release the card here in the US. (Taken from amazon.jp website) 10778is roughly $90USD. Should it release here, what would it cost? Probably the same. Take 10 off for sales and you have roughly what it will cost now. If it's 10 off what MSRP is now, you're potentially saving $10 for something that may or may not come to fruition.

To have it now and avoid unnecessary aggrevation of swapping cards down the line makes the $10 up.

The only argument you have to make is whether or not a 128GB card is in the works. Releasing a memory card that costs more than the system itself is not a good business model and would anger the community even more. My guess is that if they do release one, only then would you see a more comepetive price structure with the memory cards.

bread's done
Back