PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I played through and beat Resistance when it first came out. Fairly decent FPS for a handheld but I wouldn't go in expecting too much.

Also on the hunt for a larger memory card. Cant really stomach spending more on memory than I did on my actual vita though so 64gb might be out of the question

Not to sidetrack the topic, but I just picked up a vita this week and I'd like to pick up a 64gb card. Since all of the memory cards are overpriced I figure I might as well go all out and get the largest card. Could anyone with a 64gb card recommend a site to purchase? So far I've narrowed it down to Amazon and play-Asia. I'm not holding my breath for a sale, and I'm running with just the built in 1gb so that won't last long.
I know this sounds a bit silly, but if you're willing to apply for a credit card for Rakuten.com you can get one on there for $8.

I know this sounds a bit silly, but if you're willing to apply for a credit card for Rakuten.com you can get one on there for $8.
Did this when it was originally posted and haven't looked back. Now have over 30 games on my card and 40 gigs to go (many of the games were PS1 classics, granted, but about 10 Vita games). So freeing when you lose the storage restrictions -- at least for a long while.

Sony really are assholes for their storage enforcement. But at least I got away cheap. Probably will cancel the CC in a few months.

A bit off topic, but for anyone who bought the 64gb card from Rakuten, did you have any issues restoring get your Vita backup? I've used the media manager to back up my 32gb card but when restoring it always seems to freeze around 3gb in. Tried a couple of backups to be sure that wasn't the problem. I tried restoring Stranger's Wrath by itself but gave up after waiting 30 minutes.

When I did it from a 16gb card to a 32gb card, it froze a couple of times, you may have to do it just on the vita, and live with how long it takes.  I think it was my 10/10-2 data that kept causing it to crash.

Are the Ninja Gaiden Vita games really all that great? I would be playing them on a PSTV so portability is not a factor. I also have a 360 and am thinking those versions would probably be better than the Vita. But am prepared to be convinced otherwise.

Are the Ninja Gaiden Vita games really all that great? I would be playing them on a PSTV so portability is not a factor. I also have a 360 and am thinking those versions would probably be better than the Vita. But am prepared to be convinced otherwise.
If you don't care about portability, console version will definitely look better.

If you don't care about portability, console version will definitely look better.
I'm sure it controls better too. I may be a stickler but I strongly prefer full size thumb sticks for action games. I have gotten used to it in games like Binding of Isaac Rebirth though.

Were the Sigma versions ever ported back to 360, though? If not, the Vita versions will probably have more content. If you were debating between PS3/Vita, PS3 would definitely be the way to go; between Vita and 360, I'd say it's whether you prioritize graphics and steady framerate over extra content.

If you think you'll eventually get a PS3, though, I'd suggest just waiting till then, since you've waited this long to get into the series.

(Which is exactly what I'm going to do now that I've finally gotten a PS3.)

Were the Sigma versions ever ported back to 360, though? If not, the Vita versions will probably have more content. If you were debating between PS3/Vita, PS3 would definitely be the way to go; between Vita and 360, I'd say it's whether you prioritize graphics and steady framerate over extra content.

If you think you'll eventually get a PS3, though, I'd suggest just waiting till then, since you've waited this long to get into the series.

(Which is exactly what I'm going to do now that I've finally gotten a PS3.)
PS3 is definitely the way to go because the Vita versions have noticeable performance issues.

Can anyone upload the cover art for Touch My Katamari and Dynasty Warrior NEXT and Also Blazblu continuum shift ext? Just picked them up at gamestop for under 8.99$ each with PUR and they didn't have cover arts for them thanks.

Edit : Found them! Only one i need is blazblue continuum shift extend please and thank you. 

Hot shots added to my Vita library thanks for the heads up. I'm such a sucker for sub $10 vita games, they are hard to pass up for sure. 

Sigh* You guys can be dick sometimes ... and yes i contributed on this thread before with links from amazon a month or two back, i don't know why people are being so butt hurt about me asking for covers.. Next time i will make a proper thread for it.

You ask for a lot of things. This thread is for posting deals, not personal requests.
Personally I like how he makes a request, finds 2 of the three covers, and then asks for the final one without sharing what he has found.
http://imgur.com/a/t45ag#0

http://www.console-covers.com/Downloads/Vault/Files/PSVita/NTSCCovers-Custom/

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/2ye2dq/any_place_to_getprint_customalternative_case_art/

image.jpg

heres the source i got the meme from by the way if your going to question that part also

http://memecrunch.com/meme/6Y5NR/are-you-happy-now/image.jpg

Gonna take it further and go ahead and fuckin include the games i bought from gamestop too

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend $8.99 used w/PUR

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/blazblue-continuum-shift-extend/98007

Touch my Katamari $8.99 used w/PUR

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/touch-my-katamari/98652

Dynasty Warrior Next $8.99 used w/PUR

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/dynasty-warriors-next/98828

In store only most likely and very good deals for your vita collection

Anybody know if Freedom Wars is still available at Walmart? Every Walmart that I have gone to hasn't even had more than one or two VITA games. I plan to try some new stores tomorrow. Just wondering if I should bother wasting my time, or if I should just buy it on Amazon.

Anybody know if Freedom Wars is still available at Walmart? Every Walmart that I have gone to hasn't even had more than one or two VITA games. I plan to try some new stores tomorrow. Just wondering if I should bother wasting my time, or if I should just buy it on Amazon.
I picked up my $15 copy not even a week ago

Multiple stores near me had it in stock

Most stores by me had it for 15 the last time I checked, but then again stock was very low. Like 2 each left. If I were you I would just buy from amazon if you have prime. Could save you gas, unless the walmarts are on your way then I guess its worth a try.

Edit: Actually I take that back, I thought the price was still 15 on amazon. Didn't know it went back up to 29.99 lol. mybad.

I went to a Walmart today and they had 3 behind the glass. Didn't pay attention to the price because I wasn't interested in it but they still had some.

I just left a Walmart.

Freedom wars $15

Borderlands 2 $20

Wolf Among us $20

Walking Dead $15 (I think)

Wipeout 2048 $10 (I think)

Gravity Rush $15 (I think, could also be $10)

A few others that I forget, so the "sale" should still be going on.

I got a Playstation TV about a month ago, that seems to be one of the best and one of the only games that plays perfectly on it. I've actually read reviews saying that the game is almost better on an HDTV especially when you have a PS4 controller.

bread's done
Back