PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I've got a pretty hefty backlog already, should I jump on Wolf Among Us and God of War Collection? Or do you think they'll drop lower at some point?

Hmm... I've got a pretty hefty backlog already, should I jump on Wolf Among Us and God of War Collection? Or do you think they'll drop lower at some point?
How can you say no to Wolf Among Us at that price? (Moreso if you have GCU) They can go lower at Target during random clearance, but I don't see it going below 10 anytime soon.

Sony needs to just encourage more third parties to make/bring those triple A titles to the Vita... dont be making another ver of it...

Sony...please allow the next model to have micro sd cards PLEASE!! From gamers everywhere and I. That being said, if not, still trying to find a cheap vita as I satisfy my vita needs with the pstv. Decent so far

And Japan will get all the stylish Vita Colors again. :(
Got my lime green and white one off Amazon and I love the look of it. Had a guy on campus ask about it cause he wants one but didn't want plain black. He bought the khaki and black one which also looks very sleek.

p4dan_vita.0.jpg

Stuff like this maks me want to buy another Vita. 

I wanted that so bad since they announced it. Too bad that CE won't come here and it will be crazy balls to import.
I want to believe we'll get a CE for P4DAN. But I'm pretty sure we'll only get the standard ATLUS LE. Vita in a Small Box with a "Soundtrack". I could be wrong and they give us a Collector's Edition.

The CE is sold out at AmiAmi, but it sold for 262.20 with shipping not included. :lol: Only if I had the money to burn.

I want to believe we'll get a CE for P4DAN. But I'm pretty sure we'll only get the standard ATLUS LE. Vita in a Small Box with a "Soundtrack". I could be wrong and they give us a Collector's Edition.

The CE is sold out at AmiAmi, but it sold for 262.20 with shipping not included. :lol: Only if I had the money to burn.
Yeah, we'll probably get a CE but it certainly won't be the Vita one. We actually got the better CE for P4G though so hopefully we get something better than the standard lame first run thing. Other than the crappy packaging that got crushed the SMT4 first run was great for a free upgrade and would like to see them do more of that. Especially if they continue to insist on doing premium priced games.

Yeah, we'll probably get a CE but it certainly won't be the Vita one. We actually got the better CE for P4G though so hopefully we get something better than the standard lame first run thing. Other than the crappy packaging that got crushed the SMT4 first run was great for a free upgrade and would like to see them do more of that. Especially if they continue to insist on doing premium priced games.
I would get the Crazy Premium Edition. I'm still asking myself if I want it. But I won't be able to use the DLC.

Guess we'll find out after DAN comes out in Japan.

Sony...please allow the next model to have micro sd cards PLEASE!! From gamers everywhere and I. That being said, if not, still trying to find a cheap vita as I satisfy my vita needs with the pstv. Decent so far
probably never happen. Sony got screwed by the rampant piracy on the PSP when they used universal cards. You cant really blame them for moving to a proprietary one after that. You CAN blame them for charging an arm and a leg for them though =P

probably never happen. Sony got screwed by the rampant piracy on the PSP when they used universal cards. You cant really blame them for moving to a proprietary one after that. You CAN blame them for charging an arm and a leg for them though =P
Eh the cards weren't universal but Memory Stick Pro Duo wasn't super locked down and big enough for a Micro SD adapter to be made for it. The original exploits that let people do the custom firmware came from the batteries having communication with the system which is why the Go and Vita have non-removable batteries.

Eh the cards weren't universal but Memory Stick Pro Duo wasn't super locked down and big enough for a Micro SD adapter to be made for it. The original exploits that let people do the custom firmware came from the batteries having communication with the system which is why the Go and Vita have non-removable batteries.
really? I never noticed that the vita battery can not be replaced?? What happens when it craps out?

PSP piracy had nothing to do with the memory cards.. it's the OS exploits that allows the pirated games to run.

And yes there has been Vita hacks to pirate games, exploited games/OS not the cards.

really? I never noticed that the vita battery can not be replaced?? What happens when it craps out?
You would have to either replace the system or hope you can find a replacement battery (not sure if they're out there) and disassemble the system and reassemble it. That's how more and more electronics are getting these days.

The hell??

I swear, with all the conveniences technology offers, it seems like many companies are giving us less and less options.
Well, that's the point. By making sure the battery can't be replaced by anyone but them, they ensure that when the time comes, they will have your business.

piracy on platforms has nothing to do with the data format storage, its the OS security (letting hackers run their own code through exploits that have nothing to do with storage). The 3DS uses microSD and only has minor piracy problems, while there are two pirate solutions they only work with older firmware and are very restrictive on how they work and barely used. The Xbox One and PS4 use standard SATA/USB drives and have not been hacked at all yet and its been nearly 2 years since launch.

The vita proprietary memory was simply a way for Sony to make a lot more money per vita sold, but ironically it really hurt vita sales.

Nabbed the following yesterday all with GCU,

Walking Dead S2 11.99 (going to take that 20.00 copy back to Wally World now)

Wolf Amoung Us 7.99

Lego Batman 3 12.79

God of War HD 11.99

Passed on Borderlads 2.  After finding out the whole voucher for the DLC thing has turned me off on it, even at 16 bucks.

piracy on platforms has nothing to do with the data format storage, its the OS security (letting hackers run their own code through exploits that have nothing to do with storage). The 3DS uses microSD and only has minor piracy problems, while there are two pirate solutions they only work with older firmware and are very restrictive on how they work and barely used. The Xbox One and PS4 use standard SATA/USB drives and have not been hacked at all yet and its been nearly 2 years since launch.

The vita proprietary memory was simply a way for Sony to make a lot more money per vita sold, but ironically it really hurt vita sales.
Also, AFAIK the 3DS hacks use specific game cartridges (LoZ:OoT 3D or Cubic Ninja?)

Also, AFAIK the 3DS hacks use specific game cartridges (LoZ:OoT 3D or Cubic Ninja?)
There are a few game specific ones but systems on older firmwares do some shenanigans with the DS profile. The newer firmwares use an exploit with the web browser I think.

Do borderlands trophies auto pop if you cross save? I might get a copy just for the free platinum trophy haha. I'm the worst kind of gamer.

Nabbed the following yesterday all with GCU,

Walking Dead S2 11.99 (going to take that 20.00 copy back to Wally World now)

Wolf Amoung Us 7.99

Lego Batman 3 12.79

God of War HD 11.99

Passed on Bonrderlads 2. After finding out the whole voucher for the DLC thing has turned me off on it, even at 16 bucks.
I grabbed Wolf Among Us and God of War HD too. Should be delivered tomorrow.

ended up getting Walking dead S2, Wolf Among Us and BL2 with GCU and in store pickup (will be here saturday I think)

Since I didn't have Walking dead S1.. (played it briefly on PC) and even with GCU it would have been higher than Amazon with shipping, they wouldn't ship it to store for some stupid reason.. I just bought it off Amazon for $16.99 and it will be here tomorrow.

Walking dead and WAU i'll be playing, I don't know why I bought BL2.. 

PC, got it

PS4, got it

Vita? sure why not?.. 

now i'll go buy it on PS3 one of these days.. 

Where is the nearest Video Gamers Anonymous?

LMAO I looked it up as a joke... it's called "On-line Gamers Anonymous"

http://www.olganon.org

You have to use a screw driver. You can buy replacement batteries, they are pretty cheap. But you have to "USE A SCREWDRIVER" in order to replace it. I've done a few replacements for others, it's really not too bad. It's just not "average joe" replaceable. No soldering though, it is just on a nice little plug connector.

You have to use a screw driver. You can buy replacement batteries, they are pretty cheap. But you have to "USE A SCREWDRIVER" in order to replace it. I've done a few replacements for others, it's really not too bad. It's just not "average joe" replaceable. No soldering though, it is just on a nice little plug connector.
And if you're too lazy to look it up: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Battery+Replacement/7990

Actually...look at that...it's average-joe-replaceable IMO. I know some people get scared when they see inner workings but it's not that hard; just go slow, look for guidance, and it becomes easy after that.

And if you're too lazy to look it up: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Battery+Replacement/7990

Actually...look at that...it's average-joe-replaceable IMO. I know some people get scared when they see inner workings but it's not that hard; just go slow, look for guidance, and it becomes easy after that.
you know how some people faint when they see blood? I swear there are people that do the same when they see *any* electronics opened up. step 4-5 they are out.

I replaced the front glass of an iPhone 4 once (twice...) now that was a PITA... will not do that again.

You have to go in from the back and remove everything. Everything......... just to get to the 6 screws holding in the front glass. outside that it's a cakewalk.

Almost every console I own is a limited edition.  My Vita, Ps4, and Xbone are just waiting to be sold so I can buy a limited.  I got the Borderlands bundle but that was underwhelming for collector's purposes.

I thought about getting the AC Liberation white Vita but the slim is too much of an upgrade.

I did, however, preorder the MGSV PS4 from Japan though!  And I'm sure something Xbone related will happen (and announced at E3) for Halo.

p4dan_vita.0.jpg

Stuff like this maks me want to buy another Vita.
I actually preordered that one. I couldn't pass it up, I bought my Vita originally to play P4G and Sound Shapes.

I'm rationalizing the $280ish purchase by selling the Crazy Box part once I get it. Just gonna keep the Vita. That way at least I only spend like $180

wow if i known that i would of never bought mine...
Well then you wouldn't buy half the smartphones on the market, anything from Apple, or an ever increasing number of devices then either. As mentioned further up it's at least relatively easy to replace unlike some other devices that are out there.

Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the OG Vita 1000? I'm having trouble finding a Hori for the OG Vita. Normally I use Hori since the quality is great. 

Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the OG Vita 1000? I'm having trouble finding a Hori for the OG Vita. Normally I use Hori since the quality is great.
i just use the official sony ones its been fine and easy to install, it just doesn't cover the control layout like the hori one does.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Protective-Film-Two-Pack/dp/B006PP404Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429755386&sr=8-3&keywords=vita+screen+protector

Why doesn't Amazon have ffx on cuts anymore? It's all third part sellers. Wtf? I was waiting for it to hit my buy price for vita :/

I ended up buying it for the $19 because of it, but I was hoping for like $10 price point

bread's done
Back