PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm new to vita and so far I've only bought a few games. Uncharted, wolf among us, god of war, and sly cooper thieves in time. Any other recommendations for must have games? I'm not really into indie games. I'm definitely gonna pick up mlb 15 and thinking about getting killzone, resistance, hot shots golf, unit 13, little big planet, and allstars battle Royale. Any reviews on those from fellow CAGers?

Hot Shots Golf is very fun and challenging. Also looks and plays great. Way better than Mario Golf 3DS by miles.....worth the $7ish it usually goes for.

If i hated Mario Golf 3DS would I like Hot Shots?
Easily. I hated Mario Golf 3DS and traded it in shortly after I beat it and did about 90% of the challenges. I never trade in games....so that pretty much tells my dislike of it. I couldn't do the greens for anything. Now in Hot Shots Golf i'm actually getting long putts and the game just looks way nicer and has good courses.

Hijacking thread, I am selling a sealed copy of the hot shot golf for $8 shipped or trade for another vita game

You have to use a screw driver. You can buy replacement batteries, they are pretty cheap. But you have to "USE A SCREWDRIVER" in order to replace it. I've done a few replacements for others, it's really not too bad. It's just not "average joe" replaceable. No soldering though, it is just on a nice little plug connector.

And if you're too lazy to look it up: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Battery+Replacement/7990

Actually...look at that...it's average-joe-replaceable IMO. I know some people get scared when they see inner workings but it's not that hard; just go slow, look for guidance, and it becomes easy after that.
That doesn't look to bad actually. Kinda annoying messing with the connectors though. Hopefully theyre not super cheap ones that break easily. Still, where do you actually get a replacment battery if you wanted to do this. Does sony even sell them?

Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the OG Vita 1000? I'm having trouble finding a Hori for the OG Vita. Normally I use Hori since the quality is great.
as a few other people said, the official sony ones are actually the best. I usually prefer Hori ones but i liked that the official ones only covered the screen. I didn't like the extra parts covering out o the buttons on the hori one

Hot Shots Golf is very fun and challenging. Also looks and plays great. Way better than Mario Golf 3DS by miles.....worth the $7ish it usually goes for.
It'll go back and forth between $7 and $12 there
Where is it $7? Cheapest I've found is amazon for $12.
It's $4.48 at Target of you can find it. It's been that price at several in my area for the past 2 weeks. I live in Van Nuys, Ca.[attachment=14027:tmp_7063-IMAG0002-1027825162.jpg]

If i hated Mario Golf 3DS would I like Hot Shots?
What's the basis of your dislike? If you don't like golf games in general, than Hotshots won't change that, but if you have liked previous titles, I will say this is much better than Mario Golf 3D.

Hotshots is great, at least up until the difficulty spikes way high, but it's still a terrific golf title(you just have to put in the work). I personally couldn't even finish the Mario Golf 3D Demo, so that's pretty bad. It's just way to much going on, and not enough "golf" for me, but my 9 year old son loves it, and I just knew he would never play a golf game for anytime, due to the nature of the sport, so maybe "N" made this for a different age group.

I don't know if it's still going on, but Hot Shots for Vita was a game where you would still get the online pass if you bought the game used from Gamestop. I think the game's $6 there, so if anyone tries it, please report back.

Hey guys, I'm new to vita and so far I've only bought a few games. Uncharted, wolf among us, god of war, and sly cooper thieves in time. Any other recommendations for must have games? I'm not really into indie games. I'm definitely gonna pick up mlb 15 and thinking about getting killzone, resistance, hot shots golf, unit 13, little big planet, and allstars battle Royale. Any reviews on those from fellow CAGers?
Gravity Rush

Gravity Rush
Tearaway
P4G
Muramasa rebirth
Sly Collection
Jak and Daxter Collection (It isn't as bad as people say it is. Check the youtube streams if you are interested)
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Walking Dead 1n2 ( Both of them have stutters, similar to last generation consoles, when action starts)
Guacamelee ( I know it is kinda indie but it is a AAA level metroidvania game)
Wipeout 2048 ( Best Console quality racing game on Vita)
Soul Sacrifice Delta / Freedom Wars ( if you are into RPGs focused around beating big monsters with a team.)
Borderlands 2 ( Same as Jak and Daxter. It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It has received a lot of patches and is quite stable now with occassional slowdowns. Plays far better than Assassins Creed on Vita)
HellDivers ( Top-Down Destiny on Vita)
MGS Collection (Best Vita port imo)
Rayman Origins/Legends ( I prefer platformers on Vita and these games look beatiful on it)
DanganRonpa 1n2 ( If you like Visual Novels and Ace Attorney Series)
Child of Light ( If you like Rayman graphics and RPGs, and don't already own it, get it)
Dragon's Crown( Another side scrolling RPG, more like a beat-em-up and is fun with friends)
Batman Arkham Origins BlackGate (It is quite cheap and a decent AAA Batman game, if you like Arkham Series)
Oddworld:Stranger's wrath (AAA quality port of an xbox adventure game)
Kick and Fennick ( Indie Game which looks like a AAA game. It is a puzzle based platformer)

I know you said no to indies but the following are indie games that you should give a chance.

Guacamelee
Tales of Mutant Blob
Super Star Dust Delta
Shovel Knight

I know I am missing quite a few. These are the ones that came to my mind when I saw your post.

It is great but if you were willing to pay that much, you might have waited for a $15 back when you spend $50 promo on PSN since they're the same price. If I'm not mistaken, all your progress is saved to cart, so you'd have to start from scratch if you ever decided to sell your copy.

It is great but if you were willing to pay that much, you might have waited for a $15 back when you spend $50 promo on PSN since they're the same price. If I'm not mistaken, all your progress is saved to cart, so you'd have to start from scratch if you ever decided to sell your copy.

Didn't know about that..... prices are comparable at days end and it will be nice to have a physical copy of this game. As the clearance sales roll on for vita games all over the place, I've been trying to get physical copies of games whenever possible. Thanks for the tip though!

That doesn't look to bad actually. Kinda annoying messing with the connectors though. Hopefully theyre not super cheap ones that break easily. Still, where do you actually get a replacment battery if you wanted to do this. Does sony even sell them?

as a few other people said, the official sony ones are actually the best. I usually prefer Hori ones but i liked that the official ones only covered the screen. I didn't like the extra parts covering out o the buttons on the hori one
http://www.amazon.com/ZTHY-Playstation-PCH-1001-PCH-1101-SP65M/dp/B00OTAZAPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429806728&sr=8-1&keywords=ps+vita+battery

As long as you're gentle on the connector when you wiggle it out, the plastic should stay intact.

I have these protectors on my fat Vita and one covers the whole front panel:

http://www.amazon.com/dreamGEAR-Case-Bundle-PlayStation-model-PCH-1000/dp/B0072LGI42/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1429806839&sr=8-4&keywords=dreamgear+vita

Case is good too.

Just as an FYI, Amazon has DJ Max Technika Tune for $39.99 right now (new). This is cheaper than most used copies I could find both on eBay and Amazon. I had been wanting this for a while and I heard it's great. I got a copy, hopefully this helps soemone else out.

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/DJMAX-Technika-America-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B00AMQMMEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429804719&sr=8-1&keywords=technika+tune
I have been eying this for the last week or so. Copies were sitting at high 30s for most of the week, but now that you have posted this the copies have already dropped to low 30s. This forced my hand to make a purchase as this is definitely the hardest U.S. Vita game to track down a physical copy. No physical stores that I know of carried the game and Gamestop doesn't even list used copies. Even trying to track down a used copy is a pain and they go for 50-100% more. If you look at camelcamelcamel for the Amazon pricing history for this game, it isn't hard to justify the purchase at this current price!

I think this puts me at 103 physical Vita games...not too many left to purchase of what is currently released.

It's $4.48 at Target of you can find it. It's been that price at several in my area for the past 2 weeks. I live in Van Nuys, Ca.
attachicon.gif
tmp_7063-IMAG0002-1027825162.jpg
Same with a lot of San Diego Targets.

Just as an FYI, Amazon has DJ Max Technika Tune for $39.99 right now (new). This is cheaper than most used copies I could find both on eBay and Amazon. I had been wanting this for a while and I heard it's great. I got a copy, hopefully this helps soemone else out.

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/DJMAX-Technika-America-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B00AMQMMEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429804719&sr=8-1&keywords=technika+tune
Well, I snagged one, but not getting some kind of discount really hurt.

To mend that, I went out and got a triple coupon Muramasa for $10

I have been eying this for the last week or so. Copies were sitting at high 30s for most of the week, but now that you have posted this the copies have already dropped to low 30s. This forced my hand to make a purchase as this is definitely the hardest U.S. Vita game to track down a physical copy. No physical stores that I know of carried the game and Gamestop doesn't even list used copies. Even trying to track down a used copy is a pain and they go for 50-100% more. If you look at camelcamelcamel for the Amazon pricing history for this game, it isn't hard to justify the purchase at this current price!

I think this puts me at 103 physical Vita games...not too many left to purchase of what is currently released.
This is a very good price. I went around Hong Kong trying to track this game down to no avail. I ended up buying the digital version during the get 10/15? back from spending $100 at the end of last year to soften the msrp blow. Trophies are difficult

103 -- Are there that many US releases?

Ahh Technika Tune. I remember grabbing the LE at launch along with an extra soundtrack set. Good times. Haven't played it in a while.

103 -- Are there that many US releases?

Ahh Technika Tune. I remember grabbing the LE at launch along with an extra soundtrack set. Good times. Haven't played it in a while.
I had the same question. I am finding it more and more interesting to try to get a complete Vita library, especially with a lot of the clearances and price cuts. Physical copies are getting more appealing every day.

So - same question, are there really over 100 US physcial releases for Vita so far?

I had the same question. I am finding it more and more interesting to try to get a complete Vita library, especially with a lot of the clearances and price cuts. Physical copies are getting more appealing every day.

So - same question, are there really over 100 US physcial releases for Vita so far?
Filtering on gamestop for pre-owned vita games (so no special edition are included) produces 115 unique results. This doesn't include some titles like DJ TT or Retro City Rampage

According to wikipedia, if you cross reference the physical releases with the games that have been released in the US there are 124 physical vita games released in the US so far and another 16 scheduled to be released this year, so 140 total by the end of the year. Who knows how accurate wikipedia is, though.

EDIT: actually it says Retro City Rampage is already released and the physical version is coming later this year so 123 physical vita games in the US...probably.

EDIT 2: Found 7 more games since I didn't see a few when I sorted before. So 147 physical US games by the end of the year. 19 games coming out later in 2015 (includes Retro City), so 128 right now...supposedly.

According to wikipedia, if you cross reference the physical releases with the games that have been released in the US there are 124 physical vita games released in the US so far and another 16 scheduled to be released this year, so 140 total by the end of the year. Who knows how accurate wikipedia is, though.

EDIT: actually it says Retro City Rampage is already released and the physical version is coming later this year so 123 physical vita games in the US...probably.
The chart is a little off, it says Project Diva f and the Moto GP series have US physical copies when they do not

Also doesn't Soul Sacrfice Delta I believe contain the whole Soul Sacrifice game as well? I'm sure eventually it will get a decent PSN sale....that's what I'm waiting for.

Also doesn't Soul Sacrfice Delta I believe contain the whole Soul Sacrifice game as well? I'm sure eventually it will get a decent PSN sale....that's what I'm waiting for.
Yes, it does. And I don't know all the differences, but the Delta version AFAIK is considered to be the superior version. I think there were some tweaks to gameplay in addition to more content.

So , yeah, I'd advise waiting for it to go on sale. Even not on sale, it's only $17.99 on PSN. Not below the $10 mark but I thought it was only available digitally.

I got the physical, but it cost $50.
Was that an import?

Yes, it does. And I don't know all the differences, but the Delta version AFAIK is considered to be the superior version. I think there were some tweaks to gameplay in addition to more content.

So , yeah, I'd advise waiting for it to go on sale. Even not on sale, it's only $17.99 on PSN. Not below the $10 mark but I thought it was only available digitally.

Was that an import?
Physical Soul Sac with Japanese language is $30 on amazon

Physical Soul Sac with English language is $50 on playasia

Was that an import?
SSD is a lot better than SS. New faction, better gameplay, news spells, enemies, added story. SSD is the complete package and I can't suggest it enough for any Vita owner to purchase it.

I got it when it was on sale last year for plus for $17.19. Not the best price but I'm sure it will go on sale again soon for cheaper.

Was that an import?
Import in English.

bread's done
Back