PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this has been discussed so treat this as definitely YMMV but it looks like my account was permanently given Hotline Miami and Don't Starve Giant Edition, free. I played these games when I had PSN Plus. I let it expire last year. I was just checking out some free stuff and those two games showed up as purchased and free.
Best answer I can give you. Some of the titles that weren't crossbuy or were crossbuy a but not full crossbuy across all 3 platforms(PS3,PS4,Vita) during a PS+ rotation, got sort of reissued when they were maid full crossbuy. Since your account sees them as purchased(just with a expireation date) it gives you the new addition to the crossbuy for free but without the expireation date and that somehow reverts the previous ones to free without the experation as well. It mostly happened with titles that got issued a PS4 release crossbuy at a later date.

As to why I have no idea.

I know this fluctuates all the time but what are some recommendations for cheap 8GB or so Vita memory cards?

Also, I have Senran Kagura Physical Edition (complete) if anyone is interested, pm.

Curious, saw a repackage Rayman Legends and Dungeon Hunters Alliance at a Target near me, both for $14. I'm extremely tempted but I don't know that I really need them with all this backlog I've got.

Do repackages ever get further discounted? I would've scanned them but they had stickers over the barcodes

Curious, saw a repackage Rayman Legends and Dungeon Hunters Alliance at a Target near me, both for $14. I'm extremely tempted but I don't know that I really need them with all this backlog I've got.

Do repackages ever get further discounted? I would've scanned them but they had stickers over the barcodes
Dungeon Hunters Alliance got a lot of mediocre reviews, most of them saying it was an expensive port of a mobile phone game and that it had mediocre collision detection However I really liked it. I bought it for $15 during a Vita gaming drought and I thought it was really fun. Worth every penny to me.

I loved Rayman Origins but have yet to play Legends. If it's anywhere near as good as Origins it's well worth $14.

For those who didn't hear yet, the Retro City Rampage LE has begin to ship. Brain also finally released the qty numbers. 3,330 total, and those last 330 units will be up next week at some point(So 1330 more copies than the PS4 version). Keep an eye out if you missed the first orders. I'm sure those last 330 will go quick. https://twitter.com/retrocr

Dungeon Hunters Alliance got a lot of mediocre reviews, most of them saying it was an expensive port of a mobile phone game and that it had mediocre collision detection However I really liked it. I bought it for $15 during a Vita gaming drought and I thought it was really fun. Worth every penny to me.
I got and finished Dungeon Hunter II on iOS a few years ago, and I, too, thought that was worth every penny I paid.

Which was none.

I loved Rayman Origins but have yet to play Legends. If it's anywhere near as good as Origins it's well worth $14.
I agree completely, I think its a very fun action/rpg with great on-the-go graphics and fun gameplay. The Vita version is by far the definitive version, so anyone who thinks the mobile versions are even remotely close has no idea what they are talking about. Having physical buttons and sticks to control the game makes a huge difference.

I posted a separate thread about it, but the vita version of Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd is down to $21.97 at Gamestop and Amazon right now.

Anyone picked up any games from the Golden Week Sale?
I almost grabbed BlazBlue CS Extend, but noticed that there's now a PC version; since Calamity Trigger has been bundled a couple of times, and I wasn't too fond of its story mode, I'll probably just wait and see if that gets bundled, as well. Sadly, that seems to be the only decent Vita-specific game I don't already have at a halfway decent price. I'll be grabbing a few PS3 games and Suikoden II, though.

For those who didn't hear yet, the Retro City Rampage LE has begin to ship. Brain also finally released the qty numbers. 3,330 total, and those last 330 units will be up next week at some point(So 1330 more copies than the PS4 version). Keep an eye out if you missed the first orders. I'm sure those last 330 will go quick. https://twitter.com/retrocr
nice, kinda weird how they don't send out tracking #... Atleast I haven't got mine yet..

The Vita version is by far the definitive version, so anyone who thinks the mobile versions are even remotely close has no idea what they are talking about. Having physical buttons and sticks to control the game makes a huge difference.
271.gif

I think the cheapest 32GB I've found is through AWD for $56.xx (A), but that was back in January 2014.

As for PS+ games, they're not always small--Killzone Mercenary is 9GB or so, IIRC.
They have been 50% off I believe two Christmas's in a row. I know I paid $40 for my 32GB from Gamestop. Not sure if amazon matched.

I posted a separate thread about it, but the vita version of Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd is down to $21.97 at Gamestop and Amazon right now.
Would this still be a good game to get even if I thought the prior one was just so-so?

Would this still be a good game to get even if I thought the prior one was just so-so?
It's more or less the same as Diva F with different songs (and more costumes, etc). They pretty much stuck with the same basic formula...so, if you thought the prior game was so-so, you'll probably find this to be more of the same.

I thought about getting the Metal Gear Solid 3 remake, since it runs pretty poorly on my PS2 emulator (relax, I have the official disc). However, I'm not a big stealth fan and I wonder how much entertainment I could squeeze out of it. Gurumin's another possibility, but if it doesn't run on the Vita, what's the friggin' point?

I thought about getting the Metal Gear Solid 3 remake, since it runs pretty poorly on my PS2 emulator (relax, I have the official disc). However, I'm not a big stealth fan and I wonder how much entertainment I could squeeze out of it. Gurumin's another possibility, but if it doesn't run on the Vita, what's the friggin' point?
I have played Gururumin on vita. It's been a while let me check.

Picked up Metal Gear Collections and Sudoiken 2. So far I've played Sudokein 2 and I was instantly hooked. Interesting story so far, good game map, interesting characters, good and simple battle mechanics. Good pacing.

It's amazing how buying a Vita for my commute changed my opinion on types of turn based Japanese RPGs I've never considered playing before. There's Persona 4 Golden with the anime style graphics that I tried and now like. And now Sudokein's simple 2D graphics is something I can enjoy as well.

Picked up Metal Gear Collections and Sudoiken 2. So far I've played Sudokein 2 and I was instantly hooked. Interesting story so far, good game map, interesting characters, good and simple battle mechanics. Good pacing.

It's amazing how buying a Vita for my commute changed my opinion on types of turn based Japanese RPGs I've never considered playing before. There's Persona 4 Golden with the anime style graphics that I tried and now like. And now Sudokein's simple 2D graphics is something I can enjoy as well.
Suikoden 2 is probably one of my favorite games of all time. I miss that series so bad. After the disaster of IV ad then the turnaround they did with V i was hopefull for more to come but alas, it was not to be. I hope they come back to it some day in a real way. (not counting that weird DS game)

hint: Pay close attention early on in the game to what Jowy tells you early on about swearing to meet at a certain place. The game has a few different endings and thats important to get the best one

Definitely ymmv but my local target had rayman legends on vita and it wouldn't ring up since it's not in their system anymore so they sold it to me for $9.98 after tax.

when you order? cause i just placed a order and hoping for the best lol

and how is the game? lol barely got a vita few weeks ago and ps tv 2 months ago and just now barely starting to build a library up of games
I ordered April 24th.

I haven't played it yet so wouldn't be able to tell you how it is, its in my backlog lol

when you order? cause i just placed a order and hoping for the best lol

and how is the game? lol barely got a vita few weeks ago and ps tv 2 months ago and just now barely starting to build a library up of games
I played the demo on the 3DS and it stopped me from buying it. It's a dating sim mixed with a dungeon crawler/turn based rpg. <-- From that description the game should have been right up my alley, but it wasn't. Keep in mind this was me thinking about buying it for full price. If I could get the LE for $14 for sure I wouldn't hesitate (but I'd probably never play the game).

Kinda regret not getting Sudokein 2 now :/ When I first saw the screenshots and gameplay, it looked like a game that I wouldn't get into so I was like naaaaa but now that I see all the good reviews for it, I feel as I'm missing out lmao. I got a lot of backlog anyway from the last flash sale.

Kinda regret not getting Sudokein 2 now :/ When I first saw the screenshots and gameplay, it looked like a game that I wouldn't get into so I was like naaaaa but now that I see all the good reviews for it, I feel as I'm missing out lmao. I got a lot of backlog anyway from the last flash sale.
Suikoden 2 is a classic. Really fun and great characters and story. It's old though....PSX game...so not for everyone, but I have very fond memories of it and 1. I have a strong nostalgia for most PSX games. It's the time when I rented a bunch of games for the system, so most of the new stuff was tried out.

I'm not alone! Lol I feel the same way all of the time. Never have enough time to play anything. I bought the white vita during the sale on Amazon way back when and I have only ever played persona 4 on it. That's why I'm following this cheap vita game thread. I need more! (Even though they will probably just sit.)

Our favorite game is buying more games.

Oh god yes... i easily own far more games than ive played. Yeesh probably over five times as many. I really should get back to trying to archive my list but its so time consuming.

"I'm so busy buying games I can't find the time to play them!"

The worst part of it is that even after I slowed down my game purchases, I still can't seem to find the time to play them

I'm not alone! Lol I feel the same way all of the time. Never have enough time to play anything. I bought the white vita during the sale on Amazon way back when and I have only ever played persona 4 on it. That's why I'm following this cheap vita game thread. I need more! (Even though they will probably just sit.)
Every one of you is following one of the hidden CAG creeds. It's not only perfectly normal but it's mandatory for true followers of the site.

Just got my copy of Conception II from Amazon and it has the soundtrack with it.

Suikoden 2 is a classic. Really fun and great characters and story. It's old though....PSX game...so not for everyone, but I have very fond memories of it and 1. I have a strong nostalgia for most PSX games. It's the time when I rented a bunch of games for the system, so most of the new stuff was tried out.
I still haven't beaten the dam thing and I've owned a disc copy since it dam near came out. I kept starting over then quitting trying to get that dam squirl character to appear........mother fuck bastard.

bread's done
Back