PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen breach and clear and on mobile before. Didnt want to try it on my phone with touch controls. Seems like a good fit for vita though. Wouldn't mind trying it out.

I've seen breach and clear and on mobile before. Didnt want to try it on my phone with touch controls. Seems like a good fit for vita though. Wouldn't mind trying it out.

This thread right now:

lb6pt.jpg

I'll post five more keys tomorrow - I've got a limited amount from our publisher so I can't go too crazy. :) Keep an eye out around lunch time EST.

Here is some free codes for my game Breach & Clear on PS Vita. The game comes out on May 12th in North America. Enjoy!

4ABQ-MMN3-5L96
H7MG-HGNC-378G
T66B-Q6NK-E954
9F2N-T4N5-HRAQ

Make sure to post when you've claimed a code.
missed them.. wanted to say how much there is nothing to play on the vita after playing it :)

Congrats on your big Playstation launch! I've been a big fan of the Breach & Clear series on Steam.

Is this just a port of the first game or will it have elements from Deadline as well? Any plans for a PS4 launch in the future?
The Vita version is a port of the Steam edition with all seven locations (Afghanistan, Turkey, China, Germany, Mexico, Russia, and Colombia). We're hoping to do a completely remastered version for PS4/X1 in the future. If we go next gen we want the graphics to shine.

The Vita version is a port of the Steam edition with all seven locations (Afghanistan, Turkey, China, Germany, Mexico, Russia, and Colombia). We're hoping to do a completely remastered version for PS4/X1 in the future. If we go next gen we want the graphics to shine.
do you know how much for those who miss the free drops. (and space wise)

if my sams club psn arrives i will buy your game when it's 90% off to support you. how much is it?
FTFY ;)

I'll post five more keys tomorrow - I've got a limited amount from our publisher so I can't go too crazy. :) Keep an eye out around lunch time EST.
Tell them that they shoud just give you all the codes you want for your internet people and that they should also give you full retail value for them!

do you know how much for those who miss the free drops. (and space wise)
Same price as Steam ($14.99) but I believe our publisher has it set to launch with a PS Plus discount of $2 - $5. Not sure on that. It's around 600MB installed, I think.

We're also looking into a limited release on cartridge. CAG will hear about that first before other sites.

Best Buy sale http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ps-vita-gaming-titles-139166

Borderlands 2 $20 ($16 GCU)

God of War Collection $15 ($12 GCU)

The Wolf Among Us $10 ($8 GCU)

Walking Dead Season 2 $15 ($12 GCU)

Freedom Wars $20 ($16 GCU)
Again? My willpower against unneeded backlog is beginning to wane. So did they ever patch Borderlands to make it more playable and does the save crosssave with the PS4 handsome collection? I remember that it wasn't fully implemented or something like that. I'm definitely getting handsome collection but having never played Borderlands I thought it might be nice to have it on the go. Last time I tried though I got hand cramps trying to mange the game design coupled with the terrible framerate.

Then on Freedom Wars, I just ditched Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS because it just had too much gear and management for my tastes. Is freedom wars more accessible. I think if I was able to put in a sold 7-10 hours I would have become acclimated but I just don't have the time. Is Freedom Wars more accessible. For reference I beat Soul Sacrifice without doing much of the side quests and thoroughly enjoyed that.

Anyone have any advice on these two?

Some Disney Infinity stuff:

moKWcpy.png

Buy the game on Vita for $60, get the Avengers playset, rare power discs and a standard figure free. Deal is apparently good in-store and online. Add each item to your cart and they should appear discounted.

It doesn't seem like the greatest of ports (no multiplayer either), but it's a solid deal for collectors. The Vita version contains an exclusive Black Suit Spiderman figure. This release is Gamestop-exclusive in North America, so no other options.   

Taken via NeoGAF.

WTF

http://tinycartridge.com/post/118613608777/for-real-though-this-whole-thing-is-a-game-title

Buy the game on Vita for $60, get the Avengers playset, rare power discs and a standard figure free. Deal is apparently good in-store and online. Add each item to your cart and they should appear discounted.

It doesn't seem like the greatest of ports (no multiplayer either), but it's a solid deal for collectors. The Vita version contains an exclusive Black Suit Spiderman figure. This release is Gamestop-exclusive in North America, so no other options.

Taken via NeoGAF.
I wonder what the print run on that will be like. If it's crazy low (being a basically dead platform for retail) and a GS exclusive it could be really low. Or knowing GS they could have a dozen for each store.

WTF

http://tinycartridge.com/post/118613608777/for-real-though-this-whole-thing-is-a-game-title

I wonder what the print run on that will be like. If it's crazy low (being a basically dead platform for retail) and a GS exclusive it could be really low. Or knowing GS they could have a dozen for each store.
I don't see demand ever getting high for it though as it's ultimately a weaker port of an already controversial sequel. If the symbiote stays exclusive that would be huge but that seems nigh impossible from a business perspective. I'm about ebay my entire Infinity 1 collection and it breaks my heart but my kids (and myself) ultimately enjoyed skylanders much more and we avoided that game for years. I'll take my chances for a clearance at this point.

I don't see demand ever getting high for it though as it's ultimately a weaker port of an already controversial sequel. If the symbiote stays exclusive that would be huge but that seems nigh impossible from a business perspective. I'm about ebay my entire Infinity 1 collection and it breaks my heart but my kids (and myself) ultimately enjoyed skylanders much more and we avoided that game for years. I'll take my chances for a clearance at this point.
As a dad who is starting to collect DI figures for his son, why did you and yours enjoy Skylanders more (assuming you're referring to the gameplay side of things)?

I really don't think that GS is going to pay for an exclusive that takes eight months longer to come out and not pump out plenty. If they didn't though you've got three potential collectible items in the package. The black suit character obviously but if it's a low run then the base and software could become collector's edition items as well. The other bases won't be compatible and since you can't get a base outside of the package they won't sell the software on PSN. After all the times they've done it over the last few years I half expect them to do a small run then in a couple months start selling it piece meal as used. Then they can sell the black suit figure at nearly as much as the entire package to anyone.

As a dad who is starting to collect DI figures for his son, why did you and yours enjoy Skylanders more (assuming you're referring to the gameplay side of things)?
Skylanders is an action RPG and they aren't all created equal. We started with Swap Force (newegg for around 15 bucks) which is phenomenal and the best of the three we own. They are forwards compatible so we bought a few Giants and Trap Force characters, which is the latest game and can use all Skylanders. The game is very straight forward; you travel from point A to B and level the character and beat bosses. The general figure design and leveling process (which DI 1 didn't even have) is fun to a 4 and 6 year old. As someone who did a decent amount of Little Big Planet level creation I looked for Toy Box to be a repository of great user generated content. Because Disney severely limits sharing and didn't allow for text boxes in 1.0 that never came to fruition. My boys who were 3 and 5 at the time connected with the Disney brands but found the open world stuff too complex and uninteresting. Also, the execution of Skylanders is pretty universally acclaimed and while it's easy to out level the difficulty there are tons of challenge modes to make you feel like the figure sinkhole is all for naught.

I've asked around on the improvements of 2.0's Toy Box but I'm not sure I even want to put all the game's value on that. Everything I read said that playsets were substantially worse than 1.0 which is a shame because 1.0 showed promise but was problematic itself. As far as collecting Skylanders we have around 35 figures, which is way too much silly plastic. There's not really a logical business model to make the characters valuable throughout the numerous sequels so if Disney Infinity really builds Toy Box into the platform it could be, the DI figures would have much more utility across the versions. Skylanders deserves credit in that leveling the figure is pretty fun and even has simple branching but they add numerous gimmicks to each version to force you buy new figures in order to explore the full game. I'm not sure on the interchangeability of DI figures as I never got 2.0 but it sounds like they have problems of their own. One nice (but ultimately trivial) part of Skylanders is that an old character from a PS3 version has a great looking next gen version to mess around with in the newer games.

Hope this long winded explanation helps

moKWcpy.png
Buy the game on Vita for $60, get the Avengers playset, rare power discs and a standard figure free. Deal is apparently good in-store and online. Add each item to your cart and they should appear discounted. It doesn't seem like the greatest of ports (no multiplayer either), but it's a solid deal for collectors. The Vita version contains an exclusive Black Suit Spiderman figure. This release is Gamestop-exclusive in North America, so no other options. Taken via NeoGAF.
how does one go about doing this in store?

moKWcpy.png

Taken via NeoGAF.

I tried this in store this afternoon and the power disc pack did not ring up free. I also didn't know about the single figure offer so wasn't able to try that one.

Same price as Steam ($14.99) but I believe our publisher has it set to launch with a PS Plus discount of $2 - $5. Not sure on that. It's around 600MB installed, I think.

We're also looking into a limited release on cartridge. CAG will hear about that first before other sites.
I have never heard of the game and thought it was a FPS honestly. Watched some reviews of the game on the Vita, impressed.

There's no way i'd be able to get a code cause i'll be at work (always gets in the way of gaming..) and now reading that you mention a cartridge release... *that's* what i'll be holding out for. :D/

Please let us know ASAP when/if a physical release will be, I will guarantee you will sell all copies.

For others like me that have not followed/known about the game before, a few videos of it on Vita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZWJRzf7QSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaz9n5VlYgE

Taken via NeoGAF.
This is a great deal and I'm tempted to get it as the game looks like fun but wow...that framerate. I'm not sure I'd be able to tolerate it.

Again? My willpower against unneeded backlog is beginning to wane. So did they ever patch Borderlands to make it more playable and does the save crosssave with the PS4 handsome collection? I remember that it wasn't fully implemented or something like that. I'm definitely getting handsome collection but having never played Borderlands I thought it might be nice to have it on the go. Last time I tried though I got hand cramps trying to mange the game design coupled with the terrible framerate.

Then on Freedom Wars, I just ditched Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS because it just had too much gear and management for my tastes. Is freedom wars more accessible. I think if I was able to put in a sold 7-10 hours I would have become acclimated but I just don't have the time. Is Freedom Wars more accessible. For reference I beat Soul Sacrifice without doing much of the side quests and thoroughly enjoyed that.

Anyone have any advice on these two?
Borderlands 2 on Vita is pretty bad, but Freedom Wars on the other hand is great.

I love Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate though and wouldn't say Freedom Wars is more accessible, I would argue that it's actually a little bit more complicated. Freedom Wars is a lot of fun though and one of the better Vita exclusives too, I highly recommend picking a copy up.

Freedom Wars has a silly story involved that requires progression to get to the 'endgame'.

The game itself is pretty easy and accessible, but the endgame is super grindy. Since all weapons are random to a degree [stats/perkwise], you want to have the best weapon, so upgrading them to the end is somewhat annoying.

Once you do that though, you have insane amount of damage.

For those interested, but limited to PSTV, is it/will it be compatible?

Doomstink, I've been following the game now and was waiting for some reviews before diving in on the Vita. Just today a new review has been posted giving some insight on the differences between being a cheap App Store game and now a fuller fledged arcade game.

Link: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/05/11/breach-and-clear-vita-review/

Have you seen this as of yet? One specific thing the reviewer mentions is voicing some of what they consider major issues to the dev team on twitter.

My copy of retro city rampage DX came in the mail today! Kinda wish I bought 2 tho, one to play and one to keep sealed. Oh well.
Enjoy what you have. Everyone and their mother wants to 'keep things sealed'. In reality you'll easily lose money at worst and make 1.5x the price paid at best. In the end you're holding onto something to make $10 in that time, it just doesn't make sense.

The market for 'mint sealed RARE games' crashed a long time ago. In this day and age if you fall for that type of marketing, you're the customer, not the person you hope to 'make bank' off of years down the road.

Enjoy what you have. Everyone and their mother wants to 'keep things sealed'. In reality you'll easily lose money at worst and make 1.5x the price paid at best. In the end you're holding onto something to make $10 in that time, it just doesn't make sense.

The market for 'mint sealed RARE games' crashed a long time ago. In this day and age if you fall for that type of marketing, you're the customer, not the person you hope to 'make bank' off of years down the road.
I've never understood people who see video games as an investment, buy it because you want it(play or collect) but sitting on a game to hopefully make few bucks years later is just dumb.

I agree. Codes should never be given publicly. I've always suggested this site require a membership so thieves can't thieve.
I totally agree with you. I've never been quick enough to snag a code, so a surprise PM with a code would be awesome, but it's not the end of the world if I miss out again. I bought B&C day one on iOS, and enjoyed what little I played, but it was buggy at the time and I stopped playing. I'm curious to try it out on the vita since they've had time to work out the kinks.

I can see your point, but I don't understand why people care what other people do with their collection tho... At the end of the day, I can keep my copy sealed or opened it, shouldn't matter what some random dude I don't know thinks about it.

Free code drop time:

NDNE-D4NL-APJQ

NLRJ-83ND-396T

9E7N-H3N2-EHN6

CKKD-GBNR-4TBD

ETBR-MLN4-T3A4

As before, please post when claimed! Enjoy!

I totally agree with you. I've never been quick enough to snag a code, so a surprise PM with a code would be awesome, but it's not the end of the world if I miss out again. I bought B&C day one on iOS, and enjoyed what little I played, but it was buggy at the time and I stopped playing. I'm curious to try it out on the vita since they've had time to work out the kinks.
PMs are the way to go but it should be the people who are there in the thread at the time.

PMs are the way to go but it should be the people who are there in the thread at the time.
Aren't there begging threads free code drop threads somewhere on this site? I'm sure the people in there that want to drop codes ask "The first xx PM's I get will get a code" or "Answer this riddle to get a code".

Aren't there begging threads free code drop threads somewhere on this site? I'm sure the people in there that want to drop codes ask "The first xx PM's I get will get a code" or "Answer this riddle to get a code".
what I always do when I drop code is make requirements such as have to been on cag xxx amount length of time as a member and must have at least xxx amount of posts and quote this post if you meet those requirements and I will pm code in order from earliest qualified members.

Works everytime and organized and make sure also that no lurkers get codes

I usually always require at least 6 months on site and at least 300 posts

why such a big difference in price from the app store and on vita on breach and clear?  Never understood that with vita and console games, is there a lot more content?

bread's done
Back