PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
An online retailer has no excuse to sell opened games as new.  None.  You don't need a display copy if you are selling on a website.  If you decide to sell your B&M location's excess games on the website, then list them as "open package" and do what Amazon Wherehouse Deals does.  Or sell them on EBay.  For GoHastings (and Gamestop.com to a lesser extent) to sell these items as NEW, it's a shit move and very misleading to the customer.

An online retailer has no excuse to sell opened games as new. None. You don't need a display copy if you are selling on a website. If you decide to sell your B&M location's excess games on the website, then list them as "open package" and do what Amazon Wherehouse Deals does. Or sell them on EBay. For GoHastings (and Gamestop.com to a lesser extent) to sell these items as NEW, it's a shit move and very misleading to the customer.
Im really surprised with our litigious society that someone hasn't tried suing them or GS for that crap. Your paying for a new item. An opened fitly sticker covered item isn't new in anyones book. In store you can refuse it but if your buying somethin online your totally right, it really needs to say 'open package'

GoHatsings is incredibly hit or miss. It all depends on how much of an idiot the person shipping it is. I order hastings specific Deadpool variants. I usually get damaged items and have to request them to fix it once or twice. Occasionally I get someone who actually ships the comics appropriately. Sometimes I get someone who doesn't bag and board it, throws it into an oversized mailer and goes on their way. They arrive with destroyed corners, often just bent in half.

Its just not excusable for people to do these things.

It was sealed.

It's just annoying that I've bought used products that were in better condition than this new one.
If it's still unopened and bothers you, I would go Walmart and tell them that their bag ripped open and everything fell all over the ground and you want a replacement.

It may seem dishonest, but don't let it bother you, because it actually happens to me quite often and I never even bother exchanging anything, since I'd rather not even bother with their service desk.

The things I've dealt with dealing with their customer service it's just not worth it to me.

(Now, if I must go there, I just use the self checkout and bag it myself though)

If it's still unopened and bothers you, I would go Walmart and tell them that their bag ripped open and everything fell all over the ground and you want a replacement.
It may seem dishonest, but don't let it bother you, because it actually happens to me quite often and I never even bother exchanging anything, since I'd rather not even bother with their service desk.
The things I've dealt with dealing with their customer service it's just not worth it to me.
(Now, if I must go there, I just use the self checkout and bag it myself though)
But he didn't buy the game from Walmart, so trying to take it back there is return fraud. Pretty sleazy thing to suggest.

I visited Target on a whim yesterday and found the following. Lightning Returns Steelbook (PS3), Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Marvel VS Capcom 3. I'm thinking about either selling or trading Marvel VS Capcom since I believe it's out of print. Everything was $65.

I known it's an EXTREMELY slim chance, but I bought the Sly Cooper Collection off AWD and unfortunately the code for Sly 3 was not in the case :( does anyone have one that I could trade something for, I just got a vita last week right before the flash sale and I picked up a ton of physical and digital releases(MK, LBP, hot shots golf, sly, god of war, jak, injustice, terra way, mine craft and tons of cross buys I already had) any recommendations? (Dragons Crown and Uncharted are on the way)

I known it's an EXTREMELY slim chance, but I bought the Sly Cooper Collection off AWD and unfortunately the code for Sly 3 was not in the case :( does anyone have one that I could trade something for, I just got a vita last week right before the flash sale and I picked up a ton of physical and digital releases(MK, LBP, hot shots golf, sly, god of war, jak, injustice, terra way, mine craft and tons of cross buys I already had) any recommendations? (Dragons Crown and Uncharted are on the way)
I liked Akiba's Trip. It's kind of a niche title though. I'd also recommend P4G if you haven't purchased it yet.

Not cheap now but possibly cheaper then it will be down the line: Persona 4: Dancing All Night Disco Fever Edition
A1Hj9Ezkq0L._SL1500_.jpg

You know, I've seen that box in the top left corner multiple times now. Every time I do, I think about how much I'd like this to come in an LP-sized box.

I'm still debating if I should pre order this or not.. I just saved money on persona q premium edition by waiting for a price drop, so I wonder will this sell out fast or should I wait until a price drop...
Since it's Amazon and no money up front you may as well pre-order it and watch what happens. Probably not going to be like the P4G Solid Gold edition but if it sells out everywhere before launch then it's worth keeping.

I'm still debating if I should pre order this or not.. I just saved money on persona q premium edition by waiting for a price drop, so I wonder will this sell out fast or should I wait until a price drop...
wow amazon took that listing down fast

cough cough

. Of course, all this content comes at a cost. You’ll need to shell out $79.99 for the Disco Fever Edition.

Those who pre-order Persona 4: Dancing All Night’s standard edition will however also receive the Vita skin with 10 wallpapers. Both standard physical and digital copies will cost you $49.99.

sorry but doubt the extras are worth 30 bucks

cough cough

. Of course, all this content comes at a cost. You’ll need to shell out $79.99 for the Disco Fever Edition.

Those who pre-order Persona 4: Dancing All Night’s standard edition will however also receive the Vita skin with 10 wallpapers. Both standard physical and digital copies will cost you $49.99.

sorry but doubt the extras are worth 30 bucks
Yeah it really isn't thats why i think most people like me are waiting for the bb links so we can use gcu and some leftover reward certificate to justify the purchase.. But its persona i hafta have it i wouldnt mind paying.

[quote name="slidecage" post="12713684" timestamp="1432900951"]

cough cough

Those who pre-order Persona 4: Dancing All Night’s standard edition will however also receive the Vita skin with 10 wallpapers. Both standard
physical and digital copies will cost you $49.99.

Wow they took it down lol? I preordered but I plan on getting some trade credit together at bestbuy to maybe get the cost down. I should prob get gcu soon..

A bit overhyped if they're charging $10 extra for rhythm game spinoffs and fanfic-quality crossovers.
But wasn't the 3DS dungeon crawler well recieved considering it was just a spinoff as well? Plus, at least Persona is known for great music, right? Still, I totally agree that it isn't 40 bucks worth of extras on a game that may also be overpriced at 40.

But wasn't the 3DS dungeon crawler well recieved considering it was just a spinoff as well? Plus, at least Persona is known for great music, right? Still, I totally agree that it isn't 40 bucks worth of extras on a game that may also be overpriced at 40.
The Etrian Odyssey-lite? It's pretty good. Some balance issues with most magic users, but that's really it.

I wish they'd include a art book.My persona q premium edition just now came from amazon and I can say the persona 4 dancing all night pouch looks better then the persona q hard case..

I remember that last July, Atlas announced that they were selling out of the persona q premium editions and stores would stop taking orders by mid-July. That never happened, when the game came out in November, the premium edition was all over the place, and it's still available new now from major retailers for $20-30 less than the MSRP. And people are still getting Persona 4 Arena Ultimax launch bundles with all of the bonuses. So I'm not so sure how much attention I'd pay to the possibility/hype of it "selling out".

I'm tempted to preorder from Best Buy when they get it up, though. The soundtrack is tempting (especially since it seems to be the full soundtrack unlike that lame "sampler" soundtrack from Persona Q Premium Edition that totally should have included at least a full disc "best of" soundtrack if not the full 2 disc soundtrack that was released later).

Honestly all I want from the LE is the soundtrack and the DLC+song. The pouch is OK but I'm using a Miku one I like. The Persona Q pouch rocks though. Works wonderfully for the  New 3DS XL and 3DS XL.

Vita games are about to get a lot cheaper since Sony considers it a "legacy" device. The PR statement they issued to roll back House's statement on the recent investor call is hogwash. The leaked price schedule -- $350 PS4 and $90 PS Vita -- may even be true as they complete the transition to treating it as a dumb terminal for Remote Play.

Vita games are about to get a lot cheaper since Sony considers it a "legacy" device. The PR statement they issued to roll back House's statement on the recent investor call is hogwash. The leaked price schedule -- $350 PS4 and $90 PS Vita -- may even be true as they complete the transition to treating it as a dumb terminal for Remote Play.
Sony clarified and only called the Vita 1000 a Legacy Console.

Vita games are about to get a lot cheaper since Sony considers it a "legacy" device.
That is if you can find the physical games, what's out there are being snatched up by collectors and now certain games have started going up in price.

Which games?
Killzone,Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, SF x Tekken come to mind there are bunch of others. Uncharted was one that I was going to pick up at $10 used and now I have seen it going for as high as $20-25 used.

Killzone,Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, SF x Tekken come to mind there are bunch of others. Uncharted was one that I was going to pick up at $10 used and now I have seen it going for as high as $20-25 used.
Interesting, I just picked up a new copy for 20 based on that.

The Vita is going to be a collectible in the near future... count on it. It's got "Sega Saturn" written all over it.
I don't see any parallels at all. The Saturn was a system that cost way too much when launched, was terribly marketed and sabotaged by it's own company, the games that they did push for it were poorly suited to the hardware, had no games and no one liked it.

I don't see any parallels at all. The Saturn was a system that cost way too much when launched, was terribly marketed and sabotaged by it's own company, the games that they did push for it were poorly suited to the hardware, had no games and no one liked it.
Saturn had Virtual Fighter and 2D shmups, which are far better than mediocre RPGs that make up the majority of the Vita's library.

bread's done
Back