PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw something awful today when I went to gamestop. They reduced the area for vita games and pretty much threw away the used cases of the preowned vita games. They were all behind a glass case except for the new games that still have cases. Stopped me from getting vita games today ._.. It might be a growing trend with gamestops who knows?

I went a little crazy with the kongregate coupon today for cheap vita stuff. It was the perfect trifecta of finding a store with lots of stuff, an employee who told me straight up that I can use as many coupons as I want, and didn't bother to ring up my PUR card.

Here's what I ended up with. The prices are before he $5 off

$5.97 PlayStation Vita Cradle
$6.99 Reality Fighters - PS Vita (still had the "NEW" sticker, but it must have been converted to preowned).
$5.97 PlayStation Vita Protective Film (Two Pack)
$0.01 PS VITA Armor GameCase (They had 2 of these still on the shelf. I didn't even need to waste coupons :bouncy: )
$9.99 PS Vita Little Big Planet Kit with case and little sackboy figure (Brand new and factory sealed. Converted from preowned).
$14.99 PS VITA Trigger grips for the 1000 model :D/

I never thought I'd get the OEM Sony Trigger grip for the 1000. They're hard to come by these days. That was probably my favorite find.

Just judging from the cover art, that Reality Fighters game looks horrible. It reminds me of Kinect and PS Move shovelware cover art. I still couldn't resist for $1.99.

Army Corps, Touch my Katamari, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are also on my shopping list, but they are in generic cases at every store I check. Hopefully I can run across some with real cover art.
The copy of Touch My Katamari I received from GS.com showed up for me with case and cover art.

Saw something awful today when I went to gamestop. They reduced the area for vita games and pretty much threw away the used cases of the preowned vita games. They were all behind a glass case except for the new games that still have cases. Stopped me from getting vita games today ._.. It might be a growing trend with gamestops who knows?
Regardless you should still ask them if they have the original case behind them in one of the drawers. One gamestop by me has done away with displaying the original cases because to many people have been stealing them.

Nine times out of ten it's just a case & a cover, these days. I don't really need the case, so that just leaves a piece of paper with pictures. I'm not gonna throw a fit over that.

And I say that as someone who prefers physical games.

I haven't seen that but it certainly could be happening. Here they're still two shelves on one side of one of the small racks.

One of the GS I went to the other day actually moved them back to the wall. Made the space look much more appealing than the freestanding rack you normally see. Quite a few 'new' JRPGs that I had never seen, as well. Too bad I'm not really interested in those.

man thats bad news about the vita cases. GS does love to mangle or toss cases. Thats what they started doing with DS stuff before they pretty much phased them out. Guess theres even less incentive for them to keep vita cases since they dont even have manuals or anything

Can't search for shit on this site. Still. Like ten years later still.

God of War is $19.99 @ Amazon. I know it isn't the lowest, but it is compatible with the PSTV that you may have just picked up.

I hope that was only 1 store that started tossing the Vita cases. I'm working on building my Vita collection since I think some of these games will be hard to find in the coming years. If GS doesn't have the cases it's going to make it more difficult for me to find some of them at decent prices. 

The last time I was in my local GS, about 5 days ago, they had moved the Vita games to the same rack as the PSP games and Wii games. 

Today was a good day my Vita collection. Found Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (I know it's most people think its bad but for $4.49 I had to grab it), Lego Ninjago Nindroids $8.99 (wanted to try that and missed it for $7.xx at BB), and Super Monkey Ball Blitz. Luckily all complete.

Any thoughts on Virtual Tennis 4, Ridge Racer, Spy Hunter, and Asphalt Injection? Thinking about grabbing those with $5 Kong coupons.

Today was a good day my Vita collection. Found Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (I know it's most people think its bad but for $4.49 I had to grab it), Lego Ninjago Nindroids $8.99 (wanted to try that and missed it for $7.xx at BB), and Super Monkey Ball Blitz. Luckily all complete.

Any thoughts on Virtual Tennis 4, Ridge Racer, Spy Hunter, and Asphalt Injection? Thinking about grabbing those with $5 Kong coupons.
I liked Virtua Tennis enough when I played it on HK PS+ to get it for $5. The others I would pass on.

Virtua Tennis 4 really good, as for the others unless you just want to collect them I wouldn't bother. For some reason Asphalt Injection has going up and down in used price maybe its getting harder and harder to find.

I liked Virtua Tennis enough when I played it on HK PS+ to get it for $5. The others I would pass on.
I enjoyed Virtua Tennis 4 on PC, but it's a lot different from Virtua Tennis 1-3, if you were a fan of those. It's more arcade-y.
Virtua Tennis 4 really good, as for the others unless you just want to collect them I wouldn't bother. For some reason Asphalt Injection has going up and down in used price maybe its getting harder and harder to find.
Will grab that VT4 for sure then, Thanks. I'll stay away from the others. Would have had a bigger list of stuff but even after coupon and pur they're still too much.

I enjoyed Virtua Tennis 4 on PC, but it's a lot different from Virtua Tennis 1-3, if you were a fan of those. It's more arcade-y.
What do you mean by it being more arcadey? I have it on consoles and it plays extremely similar to the other ones, which were very arcade-like (Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 had actual arcade cabinets).

Ridge Racer Vita only has three tracks and five cars.

Last edited:
What do you mean by it being more arcadey? I have it on consoles and it plays extremely similar to the other ones, which were very arcade-like (Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 had actual arcade cabinets).

Ridge Racer Vita only has three tracks and five cars.
Virtua Tennis 4 tries to be a lot more like Wii Sports and Top Spin than VT1-3, which are arcade games.

Virtua Tennis 4 tries to be a lot more like Wii Sports and Top Spin than VT1-3, which are arcade games.
I can't agree bra. I've been playing Virtua Tennis since the original in arcades and 4 just feels like an evolution of the same fast arcade gameplay it's had throughout the years. In comparison Top Spin feels like sluggish, boring sim shit.

I picked up Dynasty Warriors Next with the Kongregate coupon and I'm surprised by how well the game controls on the Vita. I played a couple Dynasty Warrior games on the PSP and hated them. I went into this one not expecting much, but I am enjoying it a lot.

With the Kongregate coupon I picked up:

Dynasty Warriors Next (Game only, but came in a blue vita case. Need to get cover art and print it)

Army Corps Of Hell (Complete)

Touch My Katamari (Complete)

Vita Armor Case

Very good purchases with great deals. Very excited. My vita collection is growing nicely.

I went to the only Gamestop in my area that has Shinobido 2 earlier today. They had a 'new' copy, read: empty Vita box with cover art, and a 'used' copy in a generic case. So I asked the employee if because the box is open anyway if the 'new' copy could be the 'used' copy. He said no. To his credit, when I said stated my reasoning as to why it didn't make much sense, he looked apologetic, but still didn't do anything. Then he kind of pissed me off saying I was paying the extra $22 for the cover art...

I went to the only Gamestop in my area that has Shinobido 2 earlier today. They had a 'new' copy, read: empty Vita box with cover art, and a 'used' copy in a generic case. So I asked the employee if because the box is open anyway if the 'new' copy could be the 'used' copy. He said no. To his credit, when I said stated my reasoning as to why it didn't make much sense, he looked apologetic, but still didn't do anything. Then he kind of pissed me off saying I was paying the extra $22 for the cover art...
Now a days I try to keep conversations with game stop employees to a minimum unless I know them. Too many times I've gotten in arguments with them for their DUMB ass remarks.

In all fairness, they can't sell the "new" game without the case. As to whether it not a gutted game is really "new", that's a different story

I used to be an EB/GS employee as the store where I worked had friendly and knowledgable staff who were true hardcore gamers who could talk about current gen and then switch gears and talk old school NES or turbografx 16. It is tough to find folks with good customer service and knowledge.

For Vita stuff, since they don't make manuals, you can try to print off cover art. It is annoying when people don't take care of their cases/manuals.

In all fairness, they can't sell the "new" game without the case. As to whether it not a gutted game is really "new", that's a different story
I understand, but that's besides the point. For all I know, I could've ended up with the 'new' or 'used' cart and not know which. That was more or less my point to the employee. I also understand there was little he could do, but his final remark just made it seem like he bought in to the Gamestop policy rather than just being forced to uphold it. For the record, the vast majority of Gamestop employees I've interacted with over the years seem like solid people. Especially the all women staff at the GS I used to live by in California, who were all extremely knowledgeable.

I hate printing out cover art too, but the Gamestop case was black anyway. Which is curious.

I used to be an EB/GS employee as the store where I worked had friendly and knowledgable staff who were true hardcore gamers who could talk about current gen and then switch gears and talk old school NES or turbografx 16. It is tough to find folks with good customer service and knowledge.

For Vita stuff, since they don't make manuals, you can try to print off cover art. It is annoying when people don't take care of their cases/manuals.
To be fair there is the occasional non braindead GS employee out there.. but its rare. There actually was a GS in my town that had a handful of really chill guys that were real gamers that you could chat up retro stuff to current release stuff. They'd give me extra gaming swag when they had it and knew their stuff. Never hassled me to preorder anything, and only gave me the rundown when i asked for it. Unfortunately that one closed down and most of the employees were let go. Only one got transferred to the GS at the mall and he quit soon after because of the crushing stupidity of that location.

I remember going in there to see him and talking about upcoming games and the manager came and butted in pushing the next COD pre order on me. I tried to brush him off but he wouldn't shut up. Even jumped into our conversation about the walking dead game. When he realized we were talking about the telltale game and not that terrible FPS that came out he went off on how horrible the telltale game is and how that shitty FPS was the version to get o_O Poor employee just shook his head and i left. Its really sad that the good employees get shit on unless they drum up a gajillion preorders. GS is just a horrible company all around

The Gamestop I usually go to is staffed by a rather hard working guy, knowledge of games be damned, and everytime I go there I wonder why the store doesn't hire an extra employee to help him.

Anyway, man Disgaea 4 is too damn rare.

Don't forget, you get $5 back in Rewards when you buy a $25 Gamestop Card until the end of this week.

The Gamestop I usually go to is staffed by a rather hard working guy, knowledge of games be damned, and everytime I go there I wonder why the store doesn't hire an extra employee to help him.

Anyway, man Disgaea 4 is too damn rare.

Don't forget, you get $5 back in Rewards when you buy a $25 Gamestop Card until the end of this week.
Seems a lot of physical Vita games are. I think its only gonna get worse. With games available digitally, the low install base, and overall struggling sales I think most Vita games are going to get small print runs.

Wii U is in a similar situation, IMHO.

Seems a lot of physical Vita games are. I think its only gonna get worse. With games available digitally, the low install base, and overall struggling sales I think most Vita games are going to get small print runs.

Wii U is in a similar situation, IMHO.
Yeah, I agree. The only real difference between the Wii U and Vita, is that on occasion "N" has a HUGE game like Smash or Mario Kart, so I'm sure retailers look at them in a slightly better light.

Yeah, I agree. The only real difference between the Wii U and Vita, is that on occasion "N" has a HUGE game like Smash or Mario Kart, so I'm sure retailers look at them in a slightly better light.
And Nintendo pushes it hardest despite it being it's failing system where Sony pretends it doesn't know what a Vita is.

Last night when I was at Best Buy the WiiU display had a crowd of kids around it playing the demo games.  Nintendo might not sell enough consoles to be #1 but it's definitely not in Vita territory.  And I love my Vita.

And Nintendo pushes it hardest despite it being it's failing system where Sony pretends it doesn't know what a Vita is.
Sadly, "N" has no choice but to push the Wii U, as it's their bread & butter, even if it's selling like crap. Sony has others options, so the Vita becomes the redheaded step child. LOL

I love my Vita, and if I had to make a choice between that or the Wii U, the Vita would win hands down. Of course I'm in the minority, but I'm buying new Vita games at least a few times a month(some physical, some digital). The Wii U in my house is my sons, but besides Splatoon, which I haven't bought for him yet, the rest of the year is pretty dry, same for the 3DS.

So where "N" is pushing the Wii U, it's not really helping much. Sony ignores the Vita, and it seems to be doing rather well IMO. So while it appears to madness from fans on the outside, I might actually say, Sony's plan seems to be working better than "N".

Last night when I was at Best Buy the WiiU display had a crowd of kids around it playing the demo games. Nintendo might not sell enough consoles to be #1 but it's definitely not in Vita territory. And I love my Vita.
Relative to its competition it's far worse. Overseas the Vita at least has the occasional month where it beats the 3DS but that never happens for the Wii U. Even MK8 and Smash barely moved any systems above what they were already doing monthly. Neither jive with the mass market and the people that are going to buy it are going to regardless.

Also kids will play demos on almost anything at a store. ;)

Sadly, "N" has no choice but to push the Wii U, as it's their bread & butter, even if it's selling like crap. Sony has others options, so the Vita becomes the redheaded step child. LOL

I love my Vita, and if I had to make a choice between that or the Wii U, the Vita would win hands down. Of course I'm in the minority, but I'm buying new Vita games at least a few times a month(some physical, some digital). The Wii U in my house is my sons, but besides Splatoon, which I haven't bought for him yet, the rest of the year is pretty dry, same for the 3DS.

So where "N" is pushing the Wii U, it's not really helping much. Sony ignores the Vita, and it seems to be doing rather well IMO. So while it appears to madness from fans on the outside, I might actually say, Sony's plan seems to be working better than "N".
Is something really your bread and butter when no one's buying it? Their best games aren't on it, there's no third party support, and its bleeding money. Retailers don't like it because the hardware sits on shelves and it gets about as much space as the Vita in most stores where the 3DS commands nearly as much as the other consoles. Most still think Nintendo will get out of the home business sooner than later but that's a different conversation.

At least Sony isn't throwing good money after bad on the Vita, pulling down it's successful products trying to make a commercial loser work, and what it does do for it has mostly been good.

This is a Vita thread so of course its going to be fans, but I think you are arguing apples vs mango. Nintendo has a market, makes a profit, and does what is best for that market...though sometimes it strays. The thing they do great is get a huge % of their console owners to buy each game. Games are almost always great and not a ton of them. The #3 game device at my kids school, just behind 3ds and iPad.

Sony Vita or even PS4 has a lot of games, appeals to older audience but have never seen anyone in my childs school with one except me. Games are more hit and miss.

I used to get a lot of Vita games but the only games that have excited me lately are digital only japanese ports. Hard to think of any Vita cart that I dont have that Id even consider for over $10. I wish there was. My kid has a good list of N games to get...almost everyone coming out.

I hope this isnt the last adult handheld that we see. I hate tablet games, I like buttons. But I dont see the Vita as a success not because it couldnt beat the 3DS, but it is targeting a different audience which it isnt doing well.

Why didnt every PS4 owner buy one?

How many WiiU owners dont also have a 3DS?

I think N could do better but they are still doing great with their audience considering they face lots of mobile competition.

Last night when I was at Best Buy the WiiU display had a crowd of kids around it playing the demo games. Nintendo might not sell enough consoles to be #1 but it's definitely not in Vita territory. And I love my Vita.
Problem is, if you look at the numbers worldwide.. the Vita and the Wii U are the exact same.

Wii U sells more in the US

Vita sells more in Japan/EU

But I do agree that Sony doesn't "push" the Vita as much as they should.

That's the sad case of it all. "N" is spending money, and not moving any units, and Sony spends nothing, and moves no units. Of course kids are playing demo's of "N" products at BB. That's like kids going to McDonalds and not playing in the playground area. Sadly for "N", the same kids playing in BB don't have money to buy games, their parents do. I hardly ever buy my son full priced Wii U or 3DS games, as most of the stuff he plays will be half off or more within months. Or I buy used, as there is zero reason to buy products new except for at the holidays for gifts.

Just for the record, for those of you not in the know, "N" has just returned to profits in the last few months. They had been loosing tons of money for the last 3 years straight. And considering how much they spend to make that console, promote it and ship it, I wouldn't say "N" is doing all that much better.

"N" is spending money, and not moving any units, and Sony spends nothing, and moves no units. Of course kids are playing demo's of "N" products at BB.

It's really weird because both are market leaders with other hardware and then have these more specialized pieces of hardware that they handle entirely wrong. Sony you can understand more because the whole idea of a PS3 in your pocket is compelling, except that's not what it is (or even capable of being) and they made a lot hardware decisions that were a direct result of being bent over a barrel with the PSP. Nintendo though is so puzzling though that they've failed so miserably to change their message and adapt with the Wii U. The DS was a commercial and critical flop when it launched but they managed to turn that around through quality software and showing people why touch and two screens worked and releasing greatly refined hardware. The 3DS was going to be an all time epic failure because no one could stand the fiddly 3D and the software was abysmal so Nintendo dropped a series of great games, changed their message, stopped shoving 3D down everyone's throat, and has slowly refined the hardware (and made the 3D actually work). The Wii was a commercial success off the bat because of the mom jean buzz but was a critical disaster and had little software that wasn't waggle shovelware yet Nintendo turned it into a respectable core gaming machine by the end of it's life. The Wii U comes out with an unclear premise, lack of direction, and weak software and falls on it's face. Nintendo actually responded with a good change of message toward focusing on their main audience, some excellent software, good marketing and... zero traction.

I like most of what Nintendo does but 3 of their last 4 home consoles have been more or less disasters once the N64 was overtaken by the PS1.

At this point isn't the Nintendo console nothing but a system exclusively for fanboys, I say this because its solely relies on Nintendo only games like pokemon, mario, mariokart, kirby, smash brothers etc.  Every console Nintendo has released pretty much as the same line up, which I personally have gotten bored of. 

I like my Vita a lot, there is something always different I can play on it. I am sitting on a pile of games I haven't even started playing and it is going to take me a while before I can even get through them all. 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaiKu7_aIrw[/media]

Here is a great Montage of upcoming Vita games for 2015.

Hey, Saturday Morning RPG. I think that was created by a CAG here.

If I didn't have a Vita, that video would have made me not want a Vita. Most of those games look like cellphone games.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaiKu7_aIrw[/media]

Here is a great Montage of upcoming Vita games for 2015.
Sad, some of those will have 3DS versions the same. Nothing that excites me. I do have a 3DS, but play the Vita more. My kid has a WiiU & 3DS as do all the other kids in her class. But I'm playing the PS4. So I'm not a N fanboy by any means, but I see facts a bit differently.

1. Someone said that Nintendo games go down faster than Vita, but not at the stores I go to. Mario games on 3DS stay $30+ forever. I kick myself every time I remember paying more than $15 for a Vita game because they drop all the time.
  2. Why does anyone feel a need to compare the WiiU console with a Vita handheld? You could compare the Vita to 3DS, or the WiiU to PS4; but the audiences for the WiiU vs. Vita are completely different. One is Home/kids and the other is Mobile/Adults. I don't see the comparison at all.
Stick with mangoes if you like the mangoes, go with the apple if that's to your taste. It's really pointless to argue about them. The fact is that Nintendo is making a profit but they were never in trouble. They also make a lot of money from merchandising. The sad part is that Sony (my favorite gaming system right now) has a greater chance of being gone in couple years than Microsoft or Nintendo. So maybe keeping lean and cute is better in the long run?

I really, really do want a next gen handheld marketed to me, but while there definitely will be a new 3DS...I am not sure we'll ever see a new Vita.

Not related to physical Vita games (sorry), but I'm really enjoying LA Mulana EX on the Vita, on sale this week for $12 (down from $20 MSRP). It has an old school, Amiga vibe to it, great music, very challenging gameplay, great little game. Still high priced at $12, but was worth it to me.

At this point isn't the Nintendo console nothing but a system exclusively for fanboys, I say this because its solely relies on Nintendo only games like pokemon, mario, mariokart, kirby, smash brothers etc. Every console Nintendo has released pretty much as the same line up, which I personally have gotten bored of.

I like my Vita a lot, there is something always different I can play on it. I am sitting on a pile of games I haven't even started playing and it is going to take me a while before I can even get through them all.
Same for me^

My son is new to the "N" world, and he can't understand why I'm bored of most things they now release. I always tell him I've played better versions years ago, of the games he gets currently. I've been a "N" fan for 30+ years, and I've finally just gotten tired of the same old games over and over.

It's not like I'm super in to what Sony and MS are doing currently either, but I can see the freshness that still having 3rd party support brings. "N" does have some indie titles here and there that are rather good, but for the most part, if you buy "N", you are buying 1st party mainly, and that well has been bled dry.

bread's done
Back