PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at Best Buy today doing a trade in and noticed that they had two copies of Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy with the soundtrack. First of all, a new release being at BB seems to be a rare sight but a niche game like that really took me by surprise. I haven't played Demon Gaze so don't know what to expect from it but is it worth checking out?

I think NTSC games have been English/French for a while now... I don't think there are Canada-specific versions... Looking at various game covers on Gamefaqs shows many as English/French with the ESRB logo.
They prob are the same inside. They do the same for BDs since I have bought a few w french and english. It is usually the same innards, they just change the cover to add the french words and sell them in canada.

US Version of Steins;Gate is on sale on rice digital now for those of you who want the US version.

87bbf386-43a8-42c4-83a9-4be55cdb2674.jpg

VITA

PS3

Some of you bought the UK version, but just figured I would post it. M rated of course.

EDIT: As Olengie pointed out, release date is august 25th
picked up the vita one

thanks

I'm tempted by all those cool Japanese niche games with limited and collectors edition when they go on sale, but I have zero interest in the games themselves (just not my cup of tea genre wise).

But everyone here has motivated me to seek out some physical copy of games I am interested in. Thank you all for spending my money!

Awesome to see Steins;Gate come to Vita. I think visual novels will do well on it. Even with the PC version still unopened, I'm tempted to pick this up.

The PS3 version of Terraria I bought from Gamestop came with a physical disc, the guy told me they only received a limited amount of them.
Really? I thought the PS3 version of Terraria was download code only?

I just searched online, and several retailers (including BB) do list it without any reference to a download code. But all of them show the EU version with the PEGI rating in the box shot; is that the one that you got? I don't think there were any NA copies with discs, afaik.

And Steins Gate is still MIA at Best Buy; the one place that matters.
I don't think they ever had the PC version either. Pretty sure I had to order that one from Rightstuf.

BB doesn't even have Toukiden Kiwami or J-Stars. I think they've given up on Vita :(

im not sure if this is a one time use coupon but i got email from rice

5% off pre order = RICEPO

10% off hot deals selection = RICEHOT10

both expire 25 august 2015

Does Virtue's Last Reward ever go on sale? The physical version I mean. I'm still kicking myself over not buying it like 2 Black Fridays ago when it went down to $20.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here already and I'm not sure if it's worthy of it's own thread, but that blue Vita Vault Case is 75% off right now at BB.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-vault-case-for-playstation-vita-blue/8171019.p?id=1219314439794&skuId=8171019

The thing looks pretty good. I just bought one even though I have the Vita "custom crystal case." I always liked the look of these vault cases but never wanted to drop $20 on it.
I bought that case a month ago. It fits the slim well. Called and got my previous purchase price matched to the new lower price.

Really? I thought the PS3 version of Terraria was download code only?

I just searched online, and several retailers (including BB) do list it without any reference to a download code. But all of them show the EU version with the PEGI rating in the box shot; is that the one that you got? I don't think there were any NA copies with discs, afaik.
Here's a pic
Z6lGVsQ.jpg

WkyJvdG.jpg
now when you go to the store there are two versions the only difference it will say on the case that it is digital code included while the other does not. But the guy at Gamestop told me they only got 1 copy of this game in and bunch others with digital only versions.

What makes Persona 4 Golden so good? Like i've read people that aren't really fans of JRPG's still love it.
I am one of those people. My friend kept on telling me about the game and his progress as he played it. He would tell me he's in July, August, September etc. (The game follows a school year).

He lended me his cartridge and after finishing the game, I loved it so much that I bought my own copy to support the developer. I have yet to open my copy though.

Now I love playing a limited number of JRPGs. I will never touch Final Fantasy. I tried FFX back in 2002 and hated the random battles etc back then and will never play a FF game again.

I can't wait for the next Persona game now.

What makes Persona 4 Golden so good? Like i've read people that aren't really fans of JRPG's still love it.
I'm honestly baffled that it got such high reviews. The game itself isn't all that great, and yet everything about it is constantly praised. The combat is a huge step down from both every other Megami Tensei spinoff and the main series Shin Megami Tensei games. The soundtrack is mostly J-Pop with tons of broken english, very disappointing compared to the phenomenal OSTs of SMT4, Devil Survivor 1/2, and Nocturne. The story is unbelievably cheesy compared to even Persona 3 which was a step down from the quality writing of the Persona 2 dualogy. The voice acting is honestly bad, and it's downright silly when characters use Japanese pronouns despite the fact that no other localization company leaves honorifics in the script for American audiences. It's pretty annoying watching such a quality JRPG franchise get dragged through the mud when its mediocre spinoff is constantly getting more side games.

I played it when it came out on PS2, and I played it again when it came out on Vita and found that Golden corrected very few issues I had with the original version.

Here's a pic
Z6lGVsQ.jpg

WkyJvdG.jpg
now when you go to the store there are two versions the only difference it will say on the case that it is digital code included while the other does not. But the guy at Gamestop told me they only got 1 copy of this game in and bunch others with digital only versions.
Wow thanks for the pics and info, I really appreciate your going to the trouble of photographing the retail box! I had no idea that a NA version of Terraria PS3 disc existed, will be on the lookout for a copy! Maybe the BB version is like this? They don't say anything about a download code on their product page:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/terraria-playstation-3/4929016.p?id=1219645621927&skuId=4929016

I am one of those people. My friend kept on telling me about the game and his progress as he played it. He would tell me he's in July, August, September etc. (The game follows a school year).

He lended me his cartridge and after finishing the game, I loved it so much that I bought my own copy to support the developer. I have yet to open my copy though.

Now I love playing a limited number of JRPGs. I will never touch Final Fantasy. I tried FFX back in 2002 and hated the random battles etc back then and will never play a FF game again.

I can't wait for the next Persona game now.
It really doesn't help your experience that FFX is the worst game in the series.

(I'll just leave this flamebait here, shall I?)

[quote name="Flux1" post="12778340" timestamp="1435713340"]I got it a couple weeks ago with a kongregate coupon and it added the Vita and PS3 versions to my PSN account. So yeah, still works fine as Thebacklash said.[/quote]
Does it have a code in the box?

Thanks for the suggestions guys! The vita is in great shape, had no idea that the games that came with it were worth so much! Hella happy with the value I got for it. I ended up stopping by Gamestop and picked up Tearaway, Little Big Planet Vita, and Freedom Wars (they really didn't have anything else at the right price, and Freedom Wars seemed interesting enough) as part of the buy 2 get 1 free sale. Gonna give Person 4 Golden a try on my day off and see what people love so much about the game/series. Next up I wanna get my hands on Touch my Katamari and the MGS collection.

I did check my PS+ download list on the vita and realized I've amassed a huge backlog over the past two years. So that's pretty awesome. Downloading a few PS1 games, as well as Gravity Rush, Uncharted, NFS MW, and a few others. Veeeery happy with this little thing.

Could I rent minecraft ps3 version from a redbox and get the vita version for free? I heard you could from uploading your save file to the ps plus online storage

Thanks for the suggestions guys! The vita is in great shape, had no idea that the games that came with it were worth so much! Hella happy with the value I got for it. I ended up stopping by Gamestop and picked up Tearaway, Little Big Planet Vita, and Freedom Wars (they really didn't have anything else at the right price, and Freedom Wars seemed interesting enough) as part of the buy 2 get 1 free sale. Gonna give Person 4 Golden a try on my day off and see what people love so much about the game/series. Next up I wanna get my hands on Touch my Katamari and the MGS collection.

I did check my PS+ download list on the vita and realized I've amassed a huge backlog over the past two years. So that's pretty awesome. Downloading a few PS1 games, as well as Gravity Rush, Uncharted, NFS MW, and a few others. Veeeery happy with this little thing.
I'm still waiting to try Tearaway, every copy I see.. "on sale" for $35.. or even used for $35 One of these days i'll find a good deal on it.

Picked up NFS MW during the recent sale, It's always hit or miss with the NFS games for me. It's pretty good on the Vita.

I'm also one of those people that see the videos and rave reviews for P4G and just can't figure it out.. to each their own. (I've watched an hour+ long gameplay.. still don't see the reason.)

Picked up Neptunia Rebirth 1 during the flash sale. I was always curious about the series, but wanted to wait for a sale. The game is a blast to play.

FFX? hmm.. wasn't the greatest game, but not bad. FF series will always have that special place for me, First RPG I ever played on a console.. Final Fantasy I. I really thought I was going to ruin that cart we played the Hell out of that game.

It really doesn't help your experience that FFX is the worst game in the series.

I disagree, FFXIII is the absolute worst entry in the series, followed closely by FFX and then FFVIII.

I'm still waiting to try Tearaway, every copy I see.. "on sale" for $35.. or even used for $35 One of these days i'll find a good deal on it.

Picked up NFS MW during the recent sale, It's always hit or miss with the NFS games for me. It's pretty good on the Vita.
I'm also one of those people that see the videos and rave reviews for P4G and just can't figure it out.. to each their own. (I've watched an hour+ long gameplay.. still don't see the reason.)
Picked up Neptunia Rebirth 1 during the flash sale. I was always curious about the series, but wanted to wait for a sale. The game is a blast to play.

FFX? hmm.. wasn't the greatest game, but not bad. FF series will always have that special place for me, First RPG I ever played on a console.. Final Fantasy I. I really thought I was going to ruin that cart we played the Hell out of that game.
Tearaway is $17.99 at Gamestop and there's a B2G1 going on. If you get two similarly priced games, you would have only paid $12 for each game.

Well, FFX was my first JRPG too, so that could have led to me hating the series as well, seeing how much crap I need to do.

Tearaway is $17.99 at Gamestop and there's a B2G1 going on. If you get two similarly priced games, you would have only paid $12 for each game.
Problem is I don't go to gamestop unless I have no other choice. (total violation of the FTC, they LOST their lawsuit against them yet refuse to comply)

And no GS within 100 miles has Tearaway.

You can order it from their website, and with the B2G1, you should qualify for free shipping easily. They still have some good stuff in stock at reasonable prices.

I just ran into Tearaway at my local Fry's for $10. They had a ton of copies. So if you're lucky to have a Frys near you, but YMMV of course.

A. 3 games required for the deal, can only find 2 that will ship (that I care about)

B. again.. FTC violating GS. (LAST resort to buy from them)

C. Amazon/PS Store $20 Digital

D. Amazon Physical copy $27

E. CamelCamelCamel shows it was $13.99 New for the physical copy in April.. I must have missed it.

If I can find a discount PSN card, I may just do the digital version. Kinda want the Physical instead though.

Wish I had a Fry's around here.. 3-4 hour drive to nearest one.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here already and I'm not sure if it's worthy of it's own thread, but that blue Vita Vault Case is 75% off right now at BB.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-vault-case-for-playstation-vita-blue/8171019.p?id=1219314439794&skuId=8171019

The thing looks pretty good. I just bought one even though I have the Vita "custom crystal case." I always liked the look of these vault cases but never wanted to drop $20 on it.
I got one today as well, for $4.99. The box says it fits both versions if that helps for you led vita owners… The spanish on the box is horrible, I was lmao the whole time, if it wasn't at BB and BB branded I would have called this thing fake because of the translation.

Anyways, as for quality seems rugged enough for airplane carrying, which is why I wanted it since I already have the hori hard pouch and the hori face cover for other times. It is not waterproof, they mention on the box that the rubber seal helps agains water damage, but don't go more specific. You can't realistically carry this insignia case around unless you put it in a bag/backpack

The 13 trilogy is by far the biggest pos in terms of Final Fantasy. I'd say VIII and XII would be next.
V > XII IZJS > VI > XII vanilla > IV > XIII trilogy > Type-0 > VII > Crisis Core > IX > VIII > III > I > X > II > X-2

XII is such a great game, and the best candidate in the series for a Vita port. IZJS makes the game that much better.

Your list has a glaring oversight - Lightning Returns, which would make my top three.

Last edited:
Very underrated game, needs to be remastered for :xb1: & :ps4:

Lightning >
Yes, Lightning is literally better than "nothing".

But not by much.

I've actually held out on buying Lightning returns because I expect an FFXIII HD trilogy for the PS4 some time in the future.

bread's done
Back