PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to stop at a non-local target just to check since i was in the area anyway. I saw MLB and BL2 of course but nothing else. I check out the 3ds stuff and find some of it on clearance. I was about to leave the game section to find my wife, when i saw her near the ps4 stuff... She holds up tearaway... She was sorting through a huge pile of vita games that i missed. I love this woman ahahah.

20150907_193016.jpg

I meant like websites you can d.load the themes from... is that not possible? I did a quick google search and just found a few pages with wallpapers. I checked that theme out and it looks good but the loud annoying metal music blaring all the time is annoying

No one? No suggestions on places to get good Vita themes?
Are you asking for wallpapers, or themes? If wallpapers, I can point you in a few directions.

I have no idea what you mean by 'metal music' blaring all the time, though.

If themes, I have no idea... can we even make custom themes? I thought we could only buy them off the store.

I decided to stop at a non-local target just to check since i was in the area anyway. I saw MLB and BL2 of course but nothing else. I check out the 3ds stuff and find some of it on clearance. I was about to leave the game section to find my wife, when i saw her near the ps4 stuff... She holds up tearaway... She was sorting through a huge pile of vita games that i missed. I love this woman ahahah.

20150907_193016.jpg
What a great wife, lucky guy! You made a nice haul. It does seem like many Targets had a lot of Vita games dumped on them for clearance, so this is a great opportunity for people to pick up some great games at decent prices. I bought 5 total: KZ, both Ninja Gaiden games, Minecraft (been wanting that anyway), and Rayman Legends.

Nice digital sale going on. Jeanne d'Arc is on sale. Also Peace Walker, for those of you that want to round out your Metal Gear Collections. Prices are a lot better with Plus.

My guess is that they are selling copies originally intended to replace damaged units.
Yea, I think they hold some back for lost and damaged units. I noticed it in stock a bit ago. I thought about picking it up for my collection since Amazon cancelled the $20 one I had on backorder, but they increased the price for free shipping. I know they normally do an excellent job on shipping, but in this instance it just wasn't worth it.

Yea, I think they hold some back for lost and damaged units. I noticed it in stock a bit ago. I thought about picking it up for my collection since Amazon cancelled the $20 one I had on backorder, but they increased the price for free shipping. I know they normally do an excellent job on shipping, but in this instance it just wasn't worth it.
Yeah, that is exactly what they do. NISA is one of the few places that will replace a damaged LE bundle, with no problems. Normally within 1-2 months after release, they free up qty's of what's left. These guys are A+ in my book.

Picked up Tearwaway, ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3, DOA 5+, and Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz from the chandler, az target. They had most of the vita clearance items there. Almost picked up the psp peace walker but didn't. The targets in Tempe suck

Picked up Tearwaway, ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3, DOA 5+, and Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz from the chandler, az target. They had most of the vita clearance items there. Almost picked up the psp peace walker but didn't. The targets in Tempe suck
Debating Since I live in Glendale AZ If I want to Travel there in the new few days do they have alot left in stock? Looking for UMVC Atleast....

both Ninja Gaiden games
Thanks for this. I didn't even realize there were two Ninja Gaidens on Vita. Passed on a copy of Sigma 2 because I thought I already had it (have the first and in my defense the "2" is pretty small). Luckily it's still there (dpci 207-20-0109)

Debating Since I live in Glendale AZ If I want to Travel there in the new few days do they have alot left in stock? Looking for UMVC Atleast....
Nice, another Phoenix CAG!

I did check for MvC3 earlier and I don't recall seeing anything on the map. :(

However, you may want to make a trek to Desert Ridge. Last time I was there a month ago they had a ton of clearance items...that were marked Online Item or As Is meaning that certain items wouldn't show up on the inventory trackers. Now and then Mesa Red Mountain does that too.

Nice, another Phoenix CAG!

I did check for MvC3 earlier and I don't recall seeing anything on the map. :(

However, you may want to make a trek to Desert Ridge. Last time I was there a month ago they had a ton of clearance items...that were marked Online Item or As Is meaning that certain items wouldn't show up on the inventory trackers. Now and then Mesa Red Mountain does that too.

Been to the paradise valley one recently? Wondering what their stock looks like.

Been to the paradise valley one recently? Wondering what their stock looks like.
Forgot to mention that. I was there last Saturday since Half Price Books was having their 20% sale...and nothing worth buying there...even the $120 PSP Value pack that looked sealed (Costco?) wasn't worth the time...but anyways...

[attachment=16979:20150907_171143.jpg][attachment=16980:20150907_171146.jpg]

Check out the Target Clearance Topic for some other finds...

Went to track down one of the last copies of DOA5+ in my area, and when I checked all the gaming isles and endcaps, there was nothing (even though the store showed it in stock).  Asked an employee, and he led me to an endcap way over in the toys area, pretty far away from electronics.  There was the one lone last copy sitting on the top of a shelf, thankfully!  That's 6 games so far I've gotten from this blowout; would like to get a Super Monkey Ball, but the store I'd go to was in the opposite direction, and I didn't have time.  Will try for that one later.

DPCI lookups really work, that's two fairly rare Vita games in my area that I was able to track down! :beer:

Anyone find a spare copy of Dungeon Hunter Alliance? Would definitely like to add that to my collection. Thanks!
There are copies in my area, but you do know that once you factor in the shipping cost, it's not going to save you that much over an online order from Amazon? $21.99, fulfilled by Amazon (free shipping over $35):

http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Hunter-Alliance-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B006VB2W0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441824785&sr=8-1&keywords=dungeon+hunter+alliance+vita

BTW it's a great little action/rpg, graphics look pretty nice on the Vita screen, and this is a Dungeon Hunter game WITHOUT the microtransactions that are on the mobile versions.

EDIT: Even cheaper for this at Amazon, $17 shipped from a 3rd party seller, Justintime deals. Or $20.48 shipped from HitGaming, a great seller.

EDIT2: And this game can be had (USED) for $7+tax at GS, if you can find a copy locally. I saw some cart-only ones recently, but I never buy them like that.

EDIT3: Check Ebay, some cheap prices on new copies there, cheaper than the Target blowout.

The majority of Target's around me appear to be seriously cleaned out. Either got alot of other CAGS around joining in on the fun, or a scalper is driving to every Target and cleaning up.

The majority of Target's around me appear to be seriously cleaned out. Either got alot of other CAGS around joining in on the fun, or a scalper is driving to every Target and cleaning up.
If you don't mind paying a small shipping cost, make a list of the games you're looking for. If its more than a few, the shipping cost would be minimal spread out over all the games. Maybe CAGs in other areas can help you, I certainly will if possible.

If you don't mind paying a small shipping cost, make a list of the games you're looking for. If its more than a few, the shipping cost would be minimal spread out over all the games. Maybe CAGs in other areas can help you, I certainly will if possible.
I'll PM you a few requests. Thanks.

20150907_193016.jpg
nice score. Should use the money saved to take that wife of yours out for a romantic dinner.

Went to track down one of the last copies of DOA5+ in my area, and when I checked all the gaming isles and endcaps, there was nothing (even though the store showed it in stock). Asked an employee, and he led me to an endcap way over in the toys area, pretty far away from electronics. There was the one lone last copy sitting on the top of a shelf, thankfully! That's 6 games so far I've gotten from this blowout; would like to get a Super Monkey Ball, but the store I'd go to was in the opposite direction, and I didn't have time. Will try for that one later.

DPCI lookups really work, that's two fairly rare Vita games in my area that I was able to track down! :beer:
Damn, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, but I just assumed their computer inventory was off(which happens all the time at every retail store), and I didn't even bother to talk to anyone. DOA5 was the only game I didn't get at other locations, and that was showing up in their computer.

A few other stores showed it, but I wasn't willing to drive to parts unknown only to have it not be there either. Glad to see you scored on this title. I'm sure if I had asked someone, they would have said I was SOL, so I didn't even bother.

You're stuck with either the few available from the store or just using wallpapers. There are some clever ones designed around the Vita's UI(Gravity Rush, Resistance etc.), and plenty of sites have them. You'll just have to google around a bit to find what you like.
rats. So theres no program to make your own actual themes or anything like you could on the PS3 and stuff? I guess actual themes with sounds and junk is limited to only official sony store?

Are you asking for wallpapers, or themes? If wallpapers, I can point you in a few directions.

I have no idea what you mean by 'metal music' blaring all the time, though.

If themes, I have no idea... can we even make custom themes? I thought we could only buy them off the store.
both, but if wallpapers is all you can get thats not on the store then i guess thats what i have to go for. By the way how do you transfer a wallpaper anyway? Im guessing you just have to have a certain size/filetype pic on your PC and hook it to the vita?

You have no idea what i mean by metal music? Have you tried the Danganronpa theme? The backround music is a loud blaring guitar which is pretty annoying as your regular front page

It sounds like you cant make custom themes i guess. I know there were programs to make themes back on the pS3 and i think the psp too. I know i definitaly made several of my own on the PS3 with rotating backrounds and custom icons/sounds. I was hoping they had something like that for the vita too.

rats. So theres no program to make your own actual themes or anything like you could on the PS3 and stuff? I guess actual themes with sounds and junk is limited to only official sony store?

both, but if wallpapers is all you can get thats not on the store then i guess thats what i have to go for. By the way how do you transfer a wallpaper anyway? Im guessing you just have to have a certain size/filetype pic on your PC and hook it to the vita?

You have no idea what i mean by metal music? Have you tried the Danganronpa theme? The backround music is a loud blaring guitar which is pretty annoying as your regular front page

It sounds like you cant make custom themes i guess. I know there were programs to make themes back on the pS3 and i think the psp too. I know i definitaly made several of my own on the PS3 with rotating backrounds and custom icons/sounds. I was hoping they had something like that for the vita too.
Ya...they added themes but not custom themes, so you're pretty much stuck with using wallpaper (that can be customized) and whatever sounds/icons they've made available on the ps store.

The wallpaper images should be 960x544 (the vita's native resolution). You can transfer them via PC...but if you want to search websites that have vita wallpaper and just download from there, you might be able to do it directly from the vita's web browser. I think that's what I did for all of my wallpapers.

Hmm.. is the new Corpse Party game $50 everywhere? I went to go pre order it at BBY and it seems to be 49.99. Seems that way at amazon and GS too. Seems a bit high for a vita game these days with no extras. Its just a regular vanilla copy right?

Ya...they added themes but not custom themes, so you're pretty much stuck with using wallpaper (that can be customized) and whatever sounds/icons they've made available on the ps store.

The wallpaper images should be 960x544 (the vita's native resolution). You can transfer them via PC...but if you want to search websites that have vita wallpaper and just download from there, you might be able to do it directly from the vita's web browser. I think that's what I did for all of my wallpapers.
Thanks for the info. Too bad. .JPG or .PNG files?

Hmm.. is the new Corpse Party game $50 everywhere? I went to go pre order it at BBY and it seems to be 49.99. Seems that way at amazon and GS too. Seems a bit high for a vita game these days with no extras. Its just a regular vanilla copy right?

Thanks for the info. Too bad. .JPG or .PNG files?
The everafter edition of Corpse Party that's up for preorder comes with an artbook and 2CD music collection.

And I think both file formats should work fine.

nice score. Should use the money saved to take that wife of yours out for a romantic dinner.
Will do.... Although its questionable if i actually saved the money that I wasnt gonna spend in the first place. Ahahah

You vita guys know how it is though, these games are becoming too dang rare to let money get in the way :p

I know what metal music is, i just didn't know themes had it. i have never had a theme installed, i use custom wallpapers.

this is a solid source with a lot of gems, but it's an unorganized forum thread so requires digging:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462902

A more organized thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/1o8b46/rvita_official_wallpaper_thread_40/

then there are a couple sites dedicated to them but i can't vouch for any of them. i know i used one, i just have no idea which... most of mine came from the first link.

if anyone is willing, i am looking for a couple that the two targets near me dont seem to have, its all minecraft and MLB.

looking for:
Rayman Legends
ninja gaiden sigma 2 plus

dead or alive

tearaway

street fighter X tekken

angry birds

i know one target near me has a couple of dungeon hunters and minecraft, i think a super moneky ball as well, i would be willing to trade if anyone is in for it?

if anyone is willing, i am looking for a couple that the two targets near me dont seem to have, its all minecraft and MLB.

looking for:
Rayman Legends
ninja gaiden sigma 2 plus
dead or alive
tearaway
street fighter X tekken
angry birds

i know one target near me has a couple of dungeon hunters and minecraft, i think a super moneky ball as well, i would be willing to trade if anyone is in for it?
I was at a Target tonight that had SF X Tekken. It was 20 bucks, though. The also had AC Liberation for 15. I will be going there tomorrow again to pickup my copy of Super Mario Maker and some amiibos. I have enough money to grab it for you if you are ok with paying the cost of tax and shipping.

I was at a Target tonight that had SF X Tekken. It was 20 bucks, though. The also had AC Liberation for 15. I will be going there tomorrow again to pickup my copy of Super Mario Maker and some amiibos. I have enough money to grab it for you if you are ok with paying the cost of tax and shipping.
ill pass for right now, it was kind of on the end of my wanted list, NGS2, tearaway, and rayman are my top 3.

if its still there by next week or so, ill shoot you a message and see whats doable.

I'm on business in Florida and stopped at a Target that had quite a few games. I picked up Ridge Racer, Lego Chima, another Mortal Kombat (all of which I probably won't keep) and an Assassin's Creed Liberation. I left about five copies each of Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Lumines, and Call of Duty Declassified (which was $25!), a couple copies of Rayman Legends, and The Walking Dead Season Two. And I really wish Street Fighter x Tekken was less.

To my surprise they had a lot of PSP games. About 20 of the various double packs, plus Twisted Metal, Hot Shots, Killzone Liberation, Lego Star Wars, UFC 2010 and more I'm forgetting. I did grab their two copies of The Third Birthday. I have to admit the shiny cover is cool.

After going to three Targets (only saw MLB 15 and Street Fighter x Tekken) and having no luck waiting for an Unfolded tie-in PSN sale, I finally caved and bought a pre-owned Tearaway at Gamestop. $19 and some change - not bad for being complete in box.

bread's done
Back