PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked need for speed $6, rayman $9, metal gear solid collection $9, tekken vs street fighters $12,
tearawy $12. I forgot about call of duty. Still multi copies around,

Got 2 x Metal Gear Solid HD Collect. 

Rayman 

Ridge Racer

each was about $9 still want to hit up other stores for other games to fill the collection

Got 2 x Metal Gear Solid HD Collect. 

Rayman 

Ridge Racer

each was about $9 still want to hit up other stores for other games to fill the collection

If anyone still has the following games around them at 70% off, please PM me. Willing to pay through PayPal or trade with reputable CAGs, don't mind sending payment/game(s) first.

:vita: Assassin's Creed III Liberation
:vita: Freedom Wars
:vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
:vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+
:vita: Rayman Legends

I've got the following at my local store:

:vita: Killzone Mercenary x1 (still 50% off, waiting for 70%)
:psp: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker x4 (70% off)
:vita: Minecraft x2 (70% off)
:psp: Secret Agent Clank/Daxter Dual Pack x4 (70% off)
:psp: Syphon Filter Dark Mirror/SOCOM Fireteam Bravo Dual Pack x4 (70% off)

I know this is kind of pushing the limits of deal discussion, but I'm afraid that the Target trade thread is basically dead.
It's OK to mention the PSP in the Vita thread. It's basically the Vita's father. And these PSP deals are crazy. I got the last copy of The 3rd Birthday for $2.98 tonight.

Thanks to this thread, I managed to grow my Vita library from 4 to 13 physical games... plus 1 new digital title.  Total of 9 new titles.  Not a bad haul!

Here's what I snatched so far (round up the cents)

• Super Monkey Ball -- $6
  • Assassin's Creed: Liberation -- $10
  • Dead or Alive 5+ -- $10
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ -- $10
  • Minecraft -- $10
  • Dungeon Hunter Alliance -- $10
  • Rayman Legends -- $15
  • Metal Gear HD Collection -- $15  (I already own the digital copy lol)
  • Borderlands 2 -- $20
  • Tearaway -- $20
Finally can now make use of my PDP Folio case that has a lot of game slots.

I feel like the $20 ones that I picked up won't last long enough to drop further.

Wait, so we're saying Tearaway is a good deal at $20? I saw that one in the glass case and figured I'd try my luck. But when the lady scanned $20, I figured it wasn't on clearance and didn't take it. Figured seeing that price of $12 (gohastings?) the other day, and this is a prime game to be on PS+, I would wait.

Did grab a copy of Lego Marvel Super Heroes for $5.98 which I assume is the 70% off. That is really the only Vita title they had. So funny to see PSP umd's in there!

It's ironic we're talking about tearaway, because I got a copy from target for $12. If anyone would like to trade for this game and a second copy of mod nation racers pm me what you would like to trade for these two games

Tearaway should be $12 if the prices have dropped, and tbh $20 is not a good price for it, I got it for that price from Best Buy in ~November 2013.

Oh I don't think it's that cheap in terms of cheap clearance games go, it's just where I live, competition is fierce.  I have a few targets around me and each store's inventory is pretty sparse.  Tearaway is a few games I thought is worth its asking price though.

Cross post from the target thread but today I picked up Lego batman for $6, AssCreed and Rayman Legends for $9 and Ninja Gaiden sigma 2+ for $6 as well as Ape Escape for PSP for $3. Really wanted to get COD as well which was supposedly in stock according to brickseek but I sure couldn't find any. May go back and pick up a Minecraft but without cart imcnot sure I really care. Damn you COD!?!? In other news they had one copy of mortal kombat for vita which I definitely would have picked up but it wasn't ringing up in the price scanner and when I asked a cashier to ring it up he said it was $20. Anyone know anything about that?

So is Minecraft Vita reasonable quality? Grabbed it for $6 today when picking up Tearaway.

Wait, so we're saying Tearaway is a good deal at $20? I saw that one in the glass case and figured I'd try my luck. But when the lady scanned $20, I figured it wasn't on clearance and didn't take it. Figured seeing that price of $12 (gohastings?) the other day, and this is a prime game to be on PS+, I would wait.

Did grab a copy of Lego Marvel Super Heroes for $5.98 which I assume is the 70% off. That is really the only Vita title they had. So funny to see PSP umd's in there!
Tearaway was $20 on Amazon this afternoon when I checked so it's not great. $12 isn't amazing but I love the game and the cheapest I've seen it.

Oh I don't think it's that cheap in terms of cheap clearance games go, it's just where I live, competition is fierce. I have a few targets around me and each store's inventory is pretty sparse. Tearaway is a few games I thought is worth its asking price though.
Yeah, my area is pretty competitive as well. I feel fortunate to have found and purchased the few games I did at 50% off because most everything decent dissapeared then. I have hit 6 Targets in my city and didn't see a single copy of some of the games you guys have mentioned, like UMVC3, MGS, or Batman. At 70% I can probably get the Lego games, MLB, and maybe Dungeon Hunter, but there isnt much else remaining.

Cross post from the target thread but today I picked up Lego batman for $6, AssCreed and Rayman Legends for $9 and Ninja Gaiden sigma 2+ for $6 as well as Ape Escape for PSP for $3. Really wanted to get COD as well which was supposedly in stock according to brickseek but I sure couldn't find any. May go back and pick up a Minecraft but without cart imcnot sure I really care. Damn you COD!?!? In other news they had one copy of mortal kombat for vita which I definitely would have picked up but it wasn't ringing up in the price scanner and when I asked a cashier to ring it up he said it was $20. Anyone know anything about that?
I bet that game is "As Is" which is a returned online order. I was at my seoncd location and excited to find Freedom Wars and AC Liberation. They were both labeled "As Is" and came up as out of the system on the price scanner but during check out, came up as $20.96. Cashier would not offer me 70% off.

I bought Lego Chima, MLB 15, and Street Fighter X Tekken for 70% off today. I'm still on the hunt for Metal Gear, Minecraft, AC liberation, and killzone. It would also be great to get Dungeon Hunter, angry birds, mortal kombat, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and need for speed most wanted for 70% off.

I already bought Dead or Alive 5 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma at 50% off last week. 

Thank you everyone for reporting your finds, prices, and DCPI numbers.

So is Minecraft Vita reasonable quality? Grabbed it for $6 today when picking up Tearaway.
Ya...it's pretty solid from what I've played of it. It's a digital voucher inside the case, though, not a physical game card. Just fyi. But it's cross buy with ps3, so the game being a digital voucher actually works to your advantage since it means you get both the vita and ps3 versions (or a $5 upgrade to the ps4 version).

I've mostly been playing on ps3, but I copied the level I've been working on over to my vita via cross save to check it out (mess around and get a few trophies), and it seemed to play about the same as the ps3 version aside from having to get used to the different control mapping and having to occasionally make tiny things out on the smaller screen.

I bought Lego Chima, MLB 15, and Street Fighter X Tekken for 70% off today. I'm still on the hunt for Metal Gear, Minecraft, AC liberation, and killzone. It would also be great to get Dungeon Hunter, angry birds, mortal kombat, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and need for speed most wanted for 70% off.

I already bought Dead or Alive 5 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma at 50% off last week.

Thank you everyone for reporting your finds, prices, and DCPI numbers.
Some cool associate customer service let you do return & rebuy. Makesure check brickseek for current low price.

Ya...it's pretty solid from what I've played of it. It's a digital voucher inside the case, though, not a physical game card. Just fyi. But it's cross buy with ps3, so the game being a digital voucher actually works to your advantage since it means you get both the vita and ps3 versions (or a $5 upgrade to the ps4 version).
Minecraft plays great on Vita.
Thanks, guess I'll keep it then. Knew it was a digital copy but figured that when Minecraft never goes on sale that even if it did way down the road I would probably get it for about the same. Didn't know about the cross buy thing though.

Back up to $30. Put an order in yesterday, thanks!

Minecraft plays great on Vita.
Saw this earlier and was gonna post. I hope everyone that was looking for it was able to snag it under $20. Not sure we will see it cheaper than that for a new copy, but who knows.

You all are making me seriously jelly with the Target finds. I hate not having any stores near me anymore. If nothing else though, hopefully it will help lower the prices on the second hand market.

I hope you guys got all the games you wanted because someone posted about the vita clearance on slickdeals.
Well that sucks. The two stores around me hadn't marked down their prices as of yesterday and I won't make it out until after work tonight. Hopefully there's still some games left later!

Gamestop has Mind Zero for $21 new again. While I'm sure it's gutted if you are looking for a copy I'd suggest submitting the price to Amazon. They matched it last time. 

Edit: Are all copies of Conception II on Vita the First Print Edition, or did they have a second print that is the standard version?

My local target has all vita games marked down 70% as well. Picked up minecraft and ninja Gaiden 2 plus for $6 each. Thought about angry birds star wars and lego marvel for $6 but ultimately passed. Street Fighter X Tekken was $12.

Went for a drive and found SF v Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Lego Chima, Angry Birds Star Wars, Assassin's Creed, Lumines, and Freedom Wars, MLB, and... I think that's it.

Didn't get anything because nothing called to me.  Should I go back and pick up any of these?  [I own lumines and FW already]

Went for a drive and found SF v Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Lego Chima, Angry Birds Star Wars, Assassin's Creed, Lumines, and Freedom Wars, MLB, and... I think that's it.

Didn't get anything because nothing called to me. Should I go back and pick up any of these? [I own lumines and FW already]
SF vs Tekken is one of the only ones I didn't find when it went down to 70%, although I skipped Angry Birds and MLB, and already had the rest. Pick some of those up only if you're a collector who likes a more complete collection, or think you might play them someday; the prices are pretty good, and physical Vita games are really drying up (at retail particularly, not saying you can't find many of these cheap on Amazon or Ebay).

Funny thing, I saw Tearaway all over the place before it went to 70% off, but just did a brickseek check, and they're all gone! Other games like KZ and MGS are pretty hard to find, mostly gone from my area. Some stores show one in stock, but when visited didn't have that game, most likely due to theft. At one Target, I found two opened console games, the plastic had been slit and the discs removed. Gave them to the Target associate and she thanked me, then she started doing a "shrink check" in the gaming aisle.

there are a bunch of vita games on sale, free shipping, at Gamefly.   also ps4, etc.   But posting here because i don't want to start an OP because i don't have time to curate the list.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart ($15): https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Hyperdevotion-Noire-Goddess-Black-Heart/5009063
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed ($20): https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-U-Action-Unleashed/5009233
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy ($20): https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Operation-Abyss-New-Tokyo-Legacy/5009206

Also Walking Dead S2 $9, Terraria $10, Ninjago Nindroids $9, and Persona 4 Golden $20.

Still no free shipping on Toukiden Kiwami for Vita, though the PS4 version is now $20 and free shipping.

Totally cleared out. SD effect in full effect. I suppose that's what happens when you aren't a selfish douche and share findings with the community.

It was a good run, just wanted to try and get a few bucks back on Minecraft.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart ($15): https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Hyperdevotion-Noire-Goddess-Black-Heart/5009063
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed ($20): https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-U-Action-Unleashed/5009233
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy ($20): https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Operation-Abyss-New-Tokyo-Legacy/5009206

Also Walking Dead S2 $9, Terraria $10, Ninjago Nindroids $9, and Persona 4 Golden $20.

Still no free shipping on Toukiden Kiwami for Vita, though the PS4 version is now $20 and free shipping.
I was going to grab Hyperdevotion Noire but the gameplay videos I watched did not catch my attention. I also thought about Ninjago but that also looked pretty bad.

Both Hyper games sold out quick. I was tempted to pick up Neptunia U but already ordered Noire yesterday from Amazon and didn't want to spend more money.

Didn't get anything because nothing called to me. Should I go back and pick up any of these? [I own lumines and FW already]
If you can get a copy of mortal kombat pm me a offer or if you're looking for something in particular I can try and find it

I was going to grab Hyperdevotion Noire but the gameplay videos I watched did not catch my attention. I also thought about Ninjago but that also looked pretty bad.
They must only had one Hyperdevotion Noire because I ordered it and it isn't an option to purchase from what I can see anymore.

Actually I was trying to get Terraria as well but by the time I got to check out it told me it was sold out and I had to remove it from my cart.

I grabbed a few games including 1 Vita game. Operation Abyss, since it should come with the extra's from the first print I didn't want to wait until the only option to get it was Gamestop used with no extra's. It also seems like it's going to follow the recent trend of the physical version being uncommon.

Edit: From the Gamefly sell that others were discussing... 

They must only had one Hyperdevotion Noire because I ordered it and it isn't an option to purchase from what I can see anymore.

Actually I was trying to get Terraria as well but by the time I got to check out it told me it was sold out and I had to remove it from my cart.
I had it in my cart but in the end I decided to not buy it. Now I'm kinda thinking it was probably a mistake not buying considering that the Hyperdimension games rarely go on sale.

bread's done
Back