PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
http://pastebin.com/QvZ5h2Ew

There's going to be some sort of PS Vita exploit released tomorrow that will bypass the PSTV whitelist and allow easier region changing. From what comments I've been seeing it doesn't enable piracy, so you're not getting anything for the low low price of free.

I'm at target now (again) I'm currently holding the last copy of lumines. They also have borderlands (3) walking dead season 2 (1) Lego marvel (2) and angry birds star wars (3) if there's any last few people in search of these games. I can get a copy if you're looking for one

I think I'll wait and see if the exploit gets anyone banned before I jump on the wagon with everyone else. If not, it'll be nice to finally play Gravity Rush.

Just wanted to give a shout out to bullsharks. Sold me Rayman Legends, Dead or Alive 5+, and AC Liberation for cost+shipping. I don't have a Target near me so without you I would have missed out totally on this deal.

If anyone has any of the following for sale, please PM me.

Killzone

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden II

Minecraft

Metal Gear Solid HD

Marvel vs Capcom

Thanks!

Lets you play any Vita game on the Playstation TV.
Thanks. Sounds pretty cool but I probably won't use it since I own both a vita and vita TV. Now if it was a fw spoof I'd jump on it so I can play Tetris on the big screen. My vita is at 3.18 I think, I'm just too lazy to update it lol

I think I'll wait and see if the exploit gets anyone banned before I jump on the wagon with everyone else. If not, it'll be nice to finally play Gravity Rush.
I doubt it, looks like the exploit just overwrites the list_launch_vita.dat (text file opens in notepad) that the PSTV reads on startup with the one the Vita uses. If it was a custom firmware that would be a different story.

Just out of curiosity what exactly does this exploit do
Right now it removes the whitelist that blocks you from playing certain vita games on a PSTV. Also from what I understand it will allow you to install psp and ps1 games plus custom themes and icons. I don't think that part has been release yet.

Managed to grab both Ninja Gaidens from Target today for 5.98 each. Not much else there, a copy of Borderlands and a pair of MLB 15.

I'm at target now (again) I'm currently holding the last copy of lumines. They also have borderlands (3) walking dead season 2 (1) Lego marvel (2) and angry birds star wars (3) if there's any last few people in search of these games. I can get a copy if you're looking for one
I would love to get my hands on Borderlands (if it's a physical cart) ; walking dead and angry birds - if this is still up for offer! :)

Thanks in advance!

I saw Sigma 2 at one of my local Targets but it didn't have a clearance tag on it. Still had the $39.99 tag or whatever it was on it. I did score Tearaway, Lumines, COD: Declassified and Assassin's Creed Liberation at the Target close to my home. I didn't think they would have any but it was tucked away in all the random clearance items they had on one of the endcaps.

I still have available from the Target clearance:

Street Fighter x Tekken $11.98

Tearaway $11.98

Both are y-fold sealed. $12.80 cost after tax plus shipping. I'll be taking them back next week if no takers.

How do you guys actually feel about this game? From what I could tell, the critical reviews are mixed at best.
I have it on ps3, and it's fun but gets sort of limited and repetitive after a while. I actually trailed off it for a bit but went back and finished it. I found (and have seen reviews and other people mention this) that I kind of found a few traps that worked well in a chain and just sort of spammed them on every level, while I sort of steered clear of ones that were a bit less reliable. The end is a bit tricky and forces you to mix things up, though.

You basically set up traps in a chain (so, say, they'll bounce off a board into a wall of spikes, then fall and stumble, get a pumpkin head dropped on them so they can't see, and then walk in the way of an oncoming boulder). Then you run around trying to get the enemies to follow you into the position you want them in (not always easy)...and then trigger them. And if you fail, you have to basically wait for the traps to recharge and try again. And you sometimes just end up leading them through the same chain of traps over and over until they finally die. It's sometime tedious and tricky...and can be hard with multiple enemies on screen...but it is a bit of sadistic fun when things work out the way you want them to or you pull off a particularly effective combo.

I would love to get my hands on Borderlands (if it's a physical cart) ; walking dead and angry birds - if this is still up for offer! :)
Thanks in advance!
They're all physical copies. I can grab them in the morning when I get off work and we can work something out. I'll pm you when I get to the store

I have it on ps3, and it's fun but gets sort of limited and repetitive after a while. I actually trailed off it for a bit but went back and finished it. I found (and have seen reviews and other people mention this) that I kind of found a few traps that worked well in a chain and just sort of spammed them on every level, while I sort of steered clear of ones that were a bit less reliable. The end is a bit tricky and forces you to mix things up, though.

You basically set up traps in a chain (so, say, they'll bounce off a board into a wall of spikes, then fall and stumble, get a pumpkin head dropped on them so they can't see, and then walk in the way of an oncoming boulder). Then you run around trying to get the enemies to follow you into the position you want them in (not always easy)...and then trigger them. And if you fail, you have to basically wait for the traps to recharge and try again. And you sometimes just end up leading them through the same chain of traps over and over until they finally die. It's sometime tedious and tricky...and can be hard with multiple enemies on screen...but it is a bit of sadistic fun when things work out the way you want them to or you pull off a particularly effective combo.
Thanks, it always helps to hear fellow cags give reviews or insight. I guess I'll hold off on this game for a little while longer. Its not like my backlog is going away anytime soon.

149 or 99 black friday deals
Is this just intuition or do you know something?

Last year the Vita had no deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday or at any point in the holiday shopping season. I remember holding out and then finally just picking up an import unit because I decided if I was going to pay full price, I'd at least get a cool colour out of it.

In fact, I think the best deal that hit wasn't until Jan or Feb with the BL2 bundle dropping to $169.

Some people are getting cheap Vitas on Cowboom. They are the older models though. If you want the new as people have said the Borderlands 2 bundle goes on sale often.

Did they have any additional Gaidens? I'm still seeking both
Unfortunately no, just one copy of each. They were actually still marked $9.98 each and I was borderline at that price but I price checked them and they showed 5.98 and for that price I wasn't going to pass.

I'm interested, but where is Spider-Man worth as much? I'll sell him to make my money back and try the game.
He's making reference to how much they have sold for on Ebay.

If you are going to do that though, do it fast, because there are rumors that they are going to re-release the symbiote costume Spider-Man in DI 3.0, and when that happens, the value of the Vita exclusive figure is going to drop like a rock.

If anyone can find either season of Walking Dead on Vita for 5.98 I'm willing to purchase + shipping. Those are the last ones I really want from the Target clearance frenzy. My area is mostly cleaned out at this point, but if anyone needs something that I can find here on Brickseek, I will return the favor. Sadly, MGS, Batman, and NGS are pretty much gone from every Target in driving distance from me.  

If anyone can find either season of Walking Dead on Vita for 5.98 I'm willing to purchase + shipping. Those are the last ones I really want from the Target clearance frenzy. My area is mostly cleaned out at this point, but if anyone needs something that I can find here on Brickseek, I will return the favor. Sadly, MGS, Batman, and NGS are pretty much gone from every Target in driving distance from me.
walking dead season 2 lowest price was 8.98 for most, people that are reporting those weird lower markdowns (i guess 90% off?) is unheard of at 95% of targets

sort of off topic, but any word how the white listed PS Vita games that use the crappy camera (Assassins creed: liberation, Uncharted: Golden Abyss etc.) will work with that home-brew thing for PSTV?? 

sort of off topic, but any word how the white listed PS Vita games that use the crappy camera (Assassins creed: liberation, Uncharted: Golden Abyss etc.) will work with that home-brew thing for PSTV??
I'm guessing here but the camera functionality probably won't be there at all. I don't think in-game support was ever implemented for external cameras in that sense.

bread's done
Back