PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Well pretty happy with my weekend, was at a Target in DFW and I don't think anyone around there is into gaming. They had all the Vita clearance titles, all the PSP UMDs, they even had Wave 5B amiibo still and any exclusive Skylander/DI there is. Grabbed MLB 15 for $5.98, Tearaway for $11.98 and a UMD 2 pack (Daxter, SAC; which surprisingly I didn't have) for $4.48. Then on the drive home, stopped at a GS to pick up an amiibo Retro 3pk my father pre-ordered and had reserved a DI 2.0 Vita during lunch at the same store.

A little buyers remorse over the DI 2.0, b/c I still see 20 GS's with them in stock in the Houston area. Maybe not many know it's $24.99, I wonder if it will go even lower. I keep telling myself for $25, all that is is TWO figures for the thousands of $$ I've spent on toys to life so far. So I have the box sitting right here, it wasn't gutted, debating on opening it.
Lucky, I went to the Lake Worth Target and found nothing really except for two psp games and Uncharted 3... :(

Price of the cards have been the same for some time now, it really hasn't stopped Vita owners from running out and getting them.
Well, actually it kinda has. I held off for the longest time buying one because of the prices, and when I did finally bite the bullet and shell out money for a 32GB, I went to a 2nd hand seller. Partly because it was $2 cheaper (yay), and partly to stick it to Sony.

Finally went ahead and ordered a Vita, looking forward to using this thread. Hopefully I can find some of these Target clearance deals this week. 

Sorcery Saga Limited Edition dropped back down to $22.
http://www.amazon.com/Sorcery-Saga-Curse-Great-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B00FFHEZUE/ref=sr_1_77?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1443438640&sr=1-77

Edit: Has Senran Kagura LE been below $39.99 at any point new? Was all First Print copies the LE version?
Seran kagura le msrp $49.99 then lower msrp $39.99 is regular price. Your best bet get it cheaper around $$25.xx go to jet.com created new account and use $10 off $35 :) i got mine 3 days ago. CE WORTH $25.xx :)

Price of the cards have been the same for some time now, it really hasn't stopped Vita owners from running out and getting them.
I only got a larger vita memory card because I got lucky with a second hand seller ($50 for 32GB) back then, and even then that amount hurt my pocket p. badly.

If not for the fact that I was literally running on empty with the 4gb, I just wouldn't have bothered.

Seran kagura le msrp $49.99 then lower msrp $39.99 is regular price. Your best bet get it cheaper around $$25.xx go to jet.com created new account and use $10 off $35 :) i got mine 3 days ago. CE WORTH $25.xx :)
Do you have a link to this? I can't find the LE on the website; I'm thinking they sold out and delisted it.

Finally went ahead and ordered a Vita, looking forward to using this thread. Hopefully I can find some of these Target clearance deals this week.
Congrats, the Vita is rather good. I have more games for it, than any other console or handheld I own. As far as the Target sale goes, it all depends on your area and stock. I had one store in my area that had a decent selection, but most of the better games, I already owned, but I was able to get a few decent ones.

Since your just starting, you should be able to get some really good ones, good luck!

Grabbed a 16GB memory card from jet.com using a $15 off promo code.
I checked out Jet.com and noticed they had Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re-Birth 2 and Danganronpa 2 so I grabbed both with the $15 off coupon for $40. $20 each isn't bad since these games tend to stay around $30 each.

I checked out Jet.com and noticed they had Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re-Birth 2 and Danganronpa 2 so I grabbed both with the $15 off coupon for $40. $20 each isn't bad since these games tend to stay around $30 each.
So I can get Minecraft for $2 on this site? Wheres my credit card. Oh and I suppose I can pick up a 5th 16gb stick, I mean lets be honest you can't have too many of those laying around

So I can get Minecraft for $2 on this site? Wheres my credit card. Oh and I suppose I can pick up a 5th 16gb stick, I mean lets be honest you can't have too many of those laying around
$15 off $35 or more.

Also, picked up a 16GB card, thanksPokechaos!

Browsing around Sony website...

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psvita/

Click on "BUY NOW" and receive:

Sorry, this product is not currently available at participating retailers in the United States.

Not a good sign :(

16gag43.jpg

Also not sure why Sony chose to use a multi-platform Konami character, DOH!

Browsing around Sony website...

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psvita/

Click on "BUY NOW" and receive:

Sorry, this product is not currently available at participating retailers in the United States.

Not a good sign :(

16gag43.jpg

Also not sure why Sony chose to use a multi-platform Konami character, DOH!
Oddly enough, when I clicked your link it came up just fine. Showed me different retailers and prices for both of the Vita options under "Buy Now!" and everything.

Quite odd.

Very.

Hm.

Perhaps I live in an alternate reality where the Vita will succeed?

Oddly enough, when I clicked your link it came up just fine. Showed me different retailers and prices for both of the Vita options under "Buy Now!" and everything.

Quite odd.

Very.

Hm.

Perhaps I live in an alternate reality where the Vita will succeed?
Interestingly enough I tried MS Edge browser and I could see the list of retailers, but the overview page still 404, and didn't list games, accessories or apps tabs at all. Chrome doesn't show overview or available retailers, but games accessories and apps work,

Obviously sorting our their website isn't high priority, at least not for Vita.

Congrats, the Vita is rather good. I have more games for it, than any other console or handheld I own. As far as the Target sale goes, it all depends on your area and stock. I had one store in my area that had a decent selection, but most of the better games, I already owned, but I was able to get a few decent ones.

Since your just starting, you should be able to get some really good ones, good luck!
Thanks bro, I'm pretty excited about it as I haven't owned a handheld gaming system since the Game Gear lol

That page for the vita works fine for me with firefox.

Too bad I missed that deal on TWD Season2. I want that version of the game eventually.

Which to most people means it's dead. Look at the PSP go and how long that lasted. With no retail/physical support it isn't going to last.
Look at the pspgo? That's like saying look at the GBA Micro and how long it lasted. It was a stopgap system. The 4th version of the PSP meant for new customers. It wasn't the only version of the PSP and by time both it and the GBA Micro came out the market for new games was very limited anyway for retail releases. Sure Micro could play GBA carts but they axed half of the library by dropping gb/gbc compatibility. That's the closest comparison I could come up with.

iOS & Android seem to be doing fine being digital only. Though they have also gone to crap for new released games as more of the quality indie devs couldn't make enough money so they moved over to PC and the traditional handheld/console market.

As for the Vita being dead to most people, eh, it was always going to be dead to most people. Heck people still think the PSP was a dead system despite it having a fantastic library of games. There are backwards people out there that don't think indie games are real games as well. Even more so there are those that don't see a retail shelf lined with physical games and feel like it's the end of the world when new games are readily available digital. No we aren't seeing as much of the big names making games for it these days but we are still seeing big games... and a lot of the bleed off of digital game makers (the indies) has lead to a really great library of those games on the platform. Vita sort of hits a spot on the market different enough to make itself stand out. The main issue I have is the storage media, but on my PSTV I've managed to deal with an 8gb card... and that's with a good chunk of that eaten up by Swoard Art Online HF. So even that one issue isn't as huge an issue if you can get over having a bunch of big retail releases installed at once. I have maybe 15 games installed. Indies, classics, and a couple retail. Probably 300 hours worth of gaming since I have several RPG's in there.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-26-sony-climate-not-healthy-for-playstation-vita-successor

I don't think we're going to see too much support for the Vita, considering that Shuhei Yoshida has shot down the possibility of a third Sony portable. After the Vita and PSTV, that is IT. And I don't think Sony is especially interested in supporting these two systems, when you recall that stores were reducing or eliminating stock as early as last year.
I don't think he said specifically that they would never make another portable system, but rather the market for it right now isn't good. Honestly, I don't see why they need to even be considering planning one right now anyway. It just turned 3 years on the market this year and I hope it has another 3 before they ever even talk about or consider making another handheld. It's perfect for all these great indie games and the niche games. Similarly they don't need to start talking about PS5 either.

I think a lot of people forget that those who use iOS and/or Android devices, and do play games on them, use them for other reasons as well. I play games on my Shield Tablet, but I also use it for work and demonstrations, livestreaming sports and YouTube, and email/web surfing. If
iOS and Android devices were purely for gaming then I don't think they'd have as big a portable gaming market share as they do.

It's not a straight comparison to phones/tablets, but look at the iPod, Ouya, Gamestick, or even the original Shield. They hardly set the gaming world on fire. iOS and Android gaming is so much more popuar because we either already have those devices for other non-gaming reasons, or we can use those devices for other reasons if we already play games (every try propping up a Vita and using Netflix?).

why they didn't allow all vita games in the first place is such a Sony move, stupid A-holes, thankfully its been hacked

was the main reason so that they wouldn't cannibalize sales of the vita console? wouldn't make sense though, a TV experience and portable experience are not comparable
What? Of course not. In most cases, it's licensing. Sony can't just put games on devices without publisher permission, and not every publisher fills out the paperwork. And then, other games have features that wouldn't work well without a vita (camera, etc) that would further cause issues.

I know it's fun to jump up and scream and call them stupid 'a-holes'... but generally speaking, there are often legal reasons why businesses are forced to do what they do (same reason not all psp games work on vita, etc).

Just out of curiosity what exactly does this exploit do
It just changes a simple file. It's nothing major. There is/was talk of using it for a greater 'trophy' type hack, that could get you banned. But it's doubtful the whitelist hack would in and of itself get you banned.

Thanks for posting this. I had checked Jet last week and did not see any worthwhile Vita game. I grabbed the $30 code for $10.50 (from giltcity), added Danganronpa and some filler to my cart to get the cost to just over $30. Total was $10.50 shipped for Danganronpa 2. :)

Thanks for posting this. I had checked Jet last week and did not see any worthwhile Vita game. I grabbed the $30 code for $10.50 (from giltcity), added Danganronpa and some filler to my cart to get the cost to just over $30. Total was $10.50 shipped for Danganronpa 2. :)
What code is $30 for $10.50?

how'd you get the code for 10.50 from giltcity? shows as 15 to me...

how'd you get the code for 10.50 from giltcity? shows as 15 to me...
Used code Welcome30 for 30% off first purchase from Giltcity. Drops the $15 price to $10.50. One tip is that you will need to create your jet.com account and be logged into your account prior to adding the $30 code to your order. If you add the code to your jet.com order prior to creating your account, the system will think the code is used and you will have to contact support to fix the issue. Received my $30 code in about an hour.

Used code Welcome30 for 30% off first purchase from Giltcity. Drops the $15 price to $10.50. One tip is that you will need to create your jet.com account and be logged into your account prior to adding the $30 code to your order. If you add the code to your jet.com order prior to creating your account, the system will think the code is used and you will have to contact support to fix the issue. Received my $30 code in about an hour.
Sadly it looks like Uncharted Golden Abyss is the only vita game left on jet.com. Oh well, $29 is still a decent price for Danganronpa 2, since I enjoyed the first one, and the 2nd one is only better (so I've heard).

Sadly it looks like Uncharted Golden Abyss is the only vita game left on jet.com. Oh well, $29 is still a decent price for Danganronpa 2, since I enjoyed the first one, and the 2nd one is only better (so I've heard).
There are still 18 different Vita games left on jet.com. Unless you meant that Uncharted was the only Vita game that you wanted that Jet had in stock?

Is $15 for The Sly Collection a good price. Looking around online it seems like a game that's shooting up in price and a wal mart not too far from me happened to have one of these bad boys lying around. I'd normally jump on the chance but I just recently played through all of them on PS3

Well pretty happy with my weekend, was at a Target in DFW and I don't think anyone around there is into gaming. They had all the Vita clearance titles, all the PSP UMDs, they even had Wave 5B amiibo still and any exclusive Skylander/DI there is. Grabbed MLB 15 for $5.98, Tearaway for $11.98 and a UMD 2 pack (Daxter, SAC; which surprisingly I didn't have) for $4.48. Then on the drive home, stopped at a GS to pick up an amiibo Retro 3pk my father pre-ordered and had reserved a DI 2.0 Vita during lunch at the same store.

A little buyers remorse over the DI 2.0, b/c I still see 20 GS's with them in stock in the Houston area. Maybe not many know it's $24.99, I wonder if it will go even lower. I keep telling myself for $25, all that is is TWO figures for the thousands of $$ I've spent on toys to life so far. So I have the box sitting right here, it wasn't gutted, debating on opening it.
Well, I finally played the Disney Infinity 2.0 Starter Pack that I bought last week from Best Buy on my 360 and I was underwhelmed. It's definitely a game for kids. That's why I've been on the fence about buying the Vita version although I'm quite a big fan of the black Spider-Man costume.

Were you able to use the code from GiltCity and the 15bucksnow code as well? For me, I entered the $15 bucks code, and then when I entered the Gilt code, it just overruled the $15 rather than letting them stack. Hope I didn't lose out on $15

I just got a tearaway from my local target. Someone decide to hide it behind a large stack of game in the clearance section. Well, I'm happy about this. 

Well, I finally played the Disney Infinity 2.0 Starter Pack that I bought last week from Best Buy on my 360 and I was underwhelmed. It's definitely a game for kids. That's why I've been on the fence about buying the Vita version although I'm quite a big fan of the black Spider-Man costume.
im tempted to use one of my gamestop coupons to get it for free BUT its just another skylanders game type game isnt it

im tempted to use one of my gamestop coupons to get it for free BUT its just another skylanders game type game isnt it
yeah I'm tempted to use my regular money and buy this buy could someone help clarify to me how this works. I've looked it up and see it everywhere but I just still can't fully wrap my head around it. It's a game that connects to a table thing and I put this figures on it to import said character to play as? But is the game itself any good? With version 3.0 of this stuff coming out (really soon I think) are these things going to be obsolete or will they carry over into the next version. $25 seems a good price for it but I'm just still not fully understanding what the hell it is. Maybe I'm just old.

Well, the main problem with the PSP Go is that it actually had no UMD drive and COULDN'T play physical games. During the PSP era, there was the opposite issue...a lot of physical games came out that weren't released digitally, so the PSP Go kind of had a more limited library.

With the Vita, it can at least play both physical and digital games. It's just that, with changes in technology, the mentality towards digital gaming has shifted for a lot of people and companies. I mean, while I prefer buying physical and a lot of you guys seem to feel the same way, I've also seen people say that they'll only buy digital on the Vita because...I don't know...it's too much trouble for them to switch game cards or keep track of the game cards?
The other issue is that vita games digital wise are much more expensive and take up too much space in comparison to the psp on top of the latter not having overpriced crappy mem cards exclusive to it. Personally they should of just made it so the vita didnt have to put anything but save data and such on the card while all digital games were stored on your account and accessed via cloud.

Personally they should of just made it so the vita didnt have to put anything but save data and such on the card while all digital games were stored on your account and accessed via cloud.
And you would still have to download them before you play them, I don't see how it is different from what we have now.

There are still 18 different Vita games left on jet.com. Unless you meant that Uncharted was the only Vita game that you wanted that Jet had in stock?
I went to jet.com (for the first time) and did a search for "Ps vita", and only the one game showed up. I guess I didn't look that hard, so it's all my fault for being lazy. Thanks for the info.

my target had raymans, doa, streetfighter/tekken, mlb, maybe some i'm forgetting, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I seem to remember someone here really wanting NGS2 so I picked it up, if someone wants it PM me (I don't actually want it). standard thread prices, etc, I live in the states (obviously).

----------

argh. bought the $30 in jet, but now stuff is out of stock and it won't combine with the $15 off for a new purchase so I'm stuck with buying something I don't really want AND paying more for the privelege.

CRAP. Now I'm out $10, and out more if I actually get something.

Let me rephrase then. You would play them via the cloud without having to download. Streaming if you will.
A) when the Vita came out this tech didn't really exist at the level it would need to.

B) this would be ruinous internationally since not everyone has great internet / no download limits

C) Whattttt?

The other issue is that vita games digital wise are much more expensive and take up too much space in comparison to the psp on top of the latter not having overpriced crappy mem cards exclusive to it. Personally they should of just made it so the vita didnt have to put anything but save data and such on the card while all digital games were stored on your account and accessed via cloud.
Ya...digitally, they're released at MSRP and often stay there aside from digital sales. I guess that's digital gaming reality for you...

As far as the memory cards...well, the cards weren't exclusive to the PSP (were used by some other devices like cameras), but PSP systems still used Sony's overpriced proprietary memory stick pro duo, and there were complaints back then about proprietary memory cards and prices, too.

And with your last statement, aren't you pretty much just talking about Playstation Now? I don't think they really had the technology in place for that when the vita launched... It's just come into functional reality recently and still has its drawbacks even with good connections. Pretty sure you wouldn't want a "streaming only" gaming system at this point in time.

grr. after my dream combo of $15 off for a new customer plus $30 off from gilt didn't work out, I ended up getting Akiba's Trip + a vita power cable.

I debated between Akiba's Trip or (Resistance + Ys) and ultimately flipped a coin.  

Akiba's plus a travel usb cord for around 13 bucks ain't bad, though.

bread's done
Back