PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
They were on sale during the sale of the dead last year. If they have another one it will start this Tuesday and they will likely announce both weeks sales on Monday or Tuesday. So I would wait till at least Tuesday after the store update before buying them at full price.
Yeah, I'm holding out that maybe there will be a Halloween sale coming up in which it goes on sale again. I don't mind waiting, I'm still trying to get through Moe Chronicle, Steins Gate, and Dancing All Night. (Not to mention the 20+ other RPG's in my vita backlog...still havent even started Mind Zero)

Thanks for bringing up Tokyo Twilight Ghost hunters. It wasn't on my watchlist before but now I'm kinda curious.

Never ordering from JET again.

Got DMC Definitive today...loose CD, didnt even open the fuck package.

They have NO WAY TO EXCHANGE!

(they said they would credit my account $26.07 but not sure how it would work)...
Was it shipped by Jet? It's not necessarily their fault but whoever fulfilled the order.

And you can keep it and still get the credit right? Maybe you can work an even better deal out of it.

Thanks for bringing up Tokyo Twilight Ghost hunters. It wasn't on my watchlist before but now I'm kinda curious.

Was it shipped by Jet? It's not necessarily their fault but whoever fulfilled the order.
And you can keep it and still get the credit right? Maybe you can work an even better deal out of it.
Nope, I have to return it to get the credit back.

It was fulfilled by someone else, but I'm more pissed that they don't do exchanges...so stupid

Well they didn't sell you it they just provided someone who does sell it so how would they exchange it? Best to contact whoever the actual seller was.

Well they didn't sell you it they just provided someone who does sell it so how would they exchange it? Best to contact whoever the actual seller was.
Contacted Jet and they are fulfilling the return process back to the company -.-

Edit: I did however contact the seller to see if they wanted me to go the Jet.com return route, but will not hear back till tomorrow.

Just got my copy of Corpse Party Blood Drive: EverAfter Edition in the mail from BestBuy ($19.99 after GCU & Rewards Cert for those wondering)

It came in their typical white bubble mailer, doesn't even have a crumpled corner let alone a dented one.  Absolutely perfect, I am a happy camper. :D/

Just got my copy of Corpse Party Blood Drive: EverAfter Edition in the mail from BestBuy ($19.99 after GCU & Rewards Cert for those wondering)

It came in their typical white bubble mailer, doesn't even have a crumpled corner let alone a dented one. Absolutely perfect, I am a happy camper. :D/
Hey man. I've been trying to download the game since it launched. It hits 100% on my vita then restarts. No matter what I do it don't work. I'm pissed. At least you can enjoy it. Here I am still trying to get it installed

So I went to the Target closest to my home this morning, found yet more copies of Lumines and Borderlands 2, which were still marked at $14.99 and $19.99. I checked them on one of the store price check scanners and they did actually come up at the lower prices of $8.98 and $11.98. Now here's where this gets screwy because I also picked up, and did not bother scanning, one of several copies of Uncharted 3: GOTY Edition that was piled on the clearance shelf and very plainly marked $5.98. No employee's to be found in the electronics department, I took these games to one of the front checkouts where Uncharted 3: GOTY proceeds to ring up at $19.99!

And when I point this out to the cashier she pulls all three of the games from the bag and immediately says, "oh I'm glad you caught that, these other two games rang up below marked price.". So she then corrects the price of Uncharted 3: GOTY to the marked $5.98 and then marks up the two Vita games. At this point i stare at her for a bit before she asks again for a now much higher payment and I ask he in a bit of disbelief why she did that and responds with "Well I don;t want to get in trouble for selling merchandise for below marked price.". So I end up asking her to just remove those two Vita games from my purchase entirely. It was beyond crazy. I plan to go back for the Vita games this evening after her shift is over with.

And for those curious, yes I already own copies of those, but I was going to buy them again to use as Christmas gifts in two months for a relative.

Hey man. I've been trying to download the game since it launched. It hits 100% on my vita then restarts. No matter what I do it don't work. I'm pissed. At least you can enjoy it. Here I am still trying to get it installed
Probably something silly to mention but you do have enough space for the full download and then another same amount of space for the install... right?

On a side note, I noticed last night like Dengeki Bunko, my local GS stores have gotten the Ever After Edition of Corpse Party Blood Drive in. So anyone looking for a complete mint copy without crushing and so on... there's another option. Also like the other game they only put the outer cardboard part on display so the rest is all sealed up in the lock drawers. Good for still getting it "sealed" without dealing with the typical gutted and sold as new games at GameStop... or the risk of crushing and so on from online shippers. Though, nicely the box is a lot bigger than the Dengeki Bunko one... so there's probably a better chance of getting it shipped in an actual box. Had it been $30 I would have probably just grabbed it up... but at $50 I can wait.

While out last night I tracked down some vita games I was after. So the collection grows. Tomorrow and Saturday I'm taking a "tour" across the area (probably a little over 200 miles) to various stores to finalize the core of my Vita library. So far though I have stuck with digital only games with the system (finished Thomas Was Alone 100%, played some Flying Hamster HD & Kung Fu Rabbit and am currently loving The Swapper & OlliOlli2). Once my library is set I'm going to pick a game and focus on in for the next few weeks.

They were on sale during the sale of the dead last year. If they have another one it will start this Tuesday and they will likely announce both weeks sales on Monday or Tuesday. So I would wait till at least Tuesday after the store update before buying them at full price.
They were just on sale so you never know but I wouldn't expect it. Think it was only like two weeks ago.

If anyone's still looking for the MGS HD collection, I'd be willing to sell mine for $15 shipped.  It's still sealed.  I realized I probably won't play it as much as I thought, especially since I have the Legacy collection for PS3 already.

It came in their typical white bubble mailer, doesn't even have a crumpled corner let alone a dented one. Absolutely perfect, I am a happy camper. :D/
Mine came in a box. I guess the warehouse that typically ships mine must have better workers cause they always ship Amiibos and games with an outer box in a box instead of a bubble mailer.

Probably something silly to mention but you do have enough space for the full download and then another same amount of space for the install... right?
hmm....I should have but maybe Dengeki Bunko was bigger then I thought. Brb gonna go reformat my MC and try again

Mine came in a box. I guess the warehouse that typically ships mine must have better workers cause they always ship Amiibos and games with an outer box in a box instead of a bubble mailer.
I usually get the the bubble mailers for most of my stuff, but haven't had a issue yet with them. Though I do get the bizzaro world shipping from Best Buy, meaning stuff that should be in bubble mailers I get in big boxes with air packs glaor and stuff that should be in boxes I get in mailers. I chuckle everytime it happens.

I usually get the the bubble mailers for most of my stuff, but haven't had a issue yet with them. Though I do get the bizzaro world shipping from Best Buy, meaning stuff that should be in bubble mailers I get in big boxes with air packs glaor and stuff that should be in boxes I get in mailers. I chuckle everytime it happens.
I usually don't have problems with games shipped in bubble mailers either, but Shadow Warrior XB1 just arrived in one today, and the game case is cracked. First damaged game I've gotten in a long time, oh well.

if anyone still has some titles for sale, please shoot me a PM, there are several im still trying to fill out from my collection, and i think i missed some messages.

anything and everything offered being considered.

One other possibility others aren't pointing out is maybe one person scooped them all up. It's possible someone was waiting for the 70% to hit and grabbed them all if they finally dropped, or they happened upon them at 50% and decided that was good enough... A lot can happen in 3 days.
Yeah but I seriously doubt someone bought 20 Vita games on Monday. I'm thinking it was a take them off the floor thing as others have said.

It's fine if I want to play Killzone bad enough I can clear room off my card to play it.

Yeah I don't know where Goodwill is at that particular Target (Fairview Heights, IL) but I don't know if I care that much. Appreciate it though.

Kinda wish I had gotten that Ubisoft Diablo clone launch title for cheap but I figured I have so many other, better RPG's to play on PSP/Vita that I don't need an only decent one just b/c it was cheap.

So with the release of Corpse Party Blood Drive, it makes me want to play the first two that was released digitally for the PSP.

Has anyone here played them on the Vita? If so, the question i want to ask is how's the graphic on the Vita for the first two Corpse Party?

Does it transfer well? or is it blurry and pixelated like Disgaea 2 was on the Vita?

Wow. So the one time i proactively go to Best Buy and grab a copy of a couple LE's i ordered ship to home (corpse party, Fighting climax, and Legend of Legacy), the a-holes actually finally ship my crap in Boxes >_< Though fighting climax was a re-order to replace the original damaged copy. Wish they would do that all the time, but now i got another trip for returns anyway, argghhhh

Side note. I fucking hate my stupid hippy state sometimes. Evidently my Best Buy no longer uses bags... of any kind. Really friggin dumb for an electronics store to not give out bags. Its not even the stupid .10 charge most grocery stores do, they just litterally have no bags in the store anymore o_O

Side note. I fucking hate my stupid hippy state sometimes. Evidently my Best Buy no longer uses bags... of any kind. Really friggin dumb for an electronics store to not give out bags. Its not even the stupid .10 charge most grocery stores do, they just litterally have no bags in the store anymore o_O
The grocery store I went to yesterday doesn't even carry plastic bags. Luckily I only bought milk and snacks.

So with the release of Corpse Party Blood Drive, it makes me want to play the first two that was released digitally for the PSP.

Has anyone here played them on the Vita? If so, the question i want to ask is how's the graphic on the Vita for the first two Corpse Party?

Does it transfer well? or is it blurry and pixelated like Disgaea 2 was on the Vita?
I played the last half of Book of Shadows on Vita (think I started it on my psp when it came out and never finished, so I picked up where I left off). It looked great, and I didn't notice any blurriness in the graphics or text at all.

Yeah but I seriously doubt someone bought 20 Vita games on Monday. I'm thinking it was a take them off the floor thing as others have said.

It's fine if I want to play Killzone bad enough I can clear room off my card to play it.
You'd be surprised. If people will buy 30-40 of the same amiibo, that same type of person would buy 20 Vita games if they thought they could make a few bucks.

Forgot to mention this last night.

Region 1 Checklist and Directory have both been updated.:
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/dc/lists/

I did not get to go back to Target yesterday evening as I'd hoped to do, so about to go back in a few minutes to try and purchase Borderlands 2 and Lumines, and hopefully will not get some moron cashier who thinks they are supposed to jack the prices up to the tagged prices instead of the prices they ring up at this time.

There's some decent Vita stuff available on the used BOGO sale at GoHastings today.  [Insert requisite grumble about shipping charges here.]

Vita Link:  http://www.gohastings.com/browse/GAME/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2459+4294938974+3631+2343/departmentName/GAME.uts

Use Code: FREEBIES

I already had most of the better/RPG titles available on the sale (e.g., P4 Golden, Operation Abyss, Freedom Wars, Xblaze, etc), but I picked up a few titles to fill in some of the few remaining games in my quest for a complete set.  I grabbed the following for a total of $95 shipped:

* Amazing Spider-Man

* FIFA 14

* Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

* Sonic All-Stars Racing

* Tetris Ultimate

* Toukiden Age of Demons

Goodwill marks everything up once they get it. I say buy Vita and PSP games from Target now if you want them.
Idk, there's Goodwill near me that just got about 30 copies of some MLB Vita game and they're all $3.99 a pop. I have two of them about 2 miles apart in the same city and when one gets games, they're always massively marked up and sell that way, the other has mostly low prices on all of the same games. Really depends on the management at that location.

Bring your own bags, problem solved!
Bring 5 bags.. Need 6.
Bring 10 bags, need 2.

I was at a grocery store years ago that went to this crap, no bags but wanted me to buy their cloth crap at the checkout. Not even any paper/plastic options... So after they rang it all up and there was no option other than buy their crap.. Or have everything in the car loose.

I told them have fun taking everything back and walked out. Walmart/winco is cheaper anyway, sometimes out of my way but there's no bring your own bag crap.

There was a report a few years back about how dirty those cloth bags are.. Do NOT put vegetables in them unless the vegetables are bagged already.
Even washing them doesn't help, now you have soap and other chemicals residue touching food.

I won't use them, ever.

The funny thing is that my town still gives out bags at no cost, but drive an hour away and you have to pay for bags.
New business strategy: Get free bags from your town. Drive 1 hour away. Sell bags to shoppers below store prices.

You're welcome.

I've been a victim of the Austin bag ban for a couple of years now. I fucking hate it when I forget because I refuse to pay them 10 cents a bag just to have more bags piling up at my house. The last time it happened I was lucky because I didn't buy too much and ended up stuffing everything into my shirt. The checker stuck HEB stickers on all my shit so they knew I wasn't stealing it. The stickers probably cost even more.

For those that tried Jet and wanna do it again, there's a 20% off code SURPRISE20 for their 3 month anniversary. Not sure if there's anything good left but who knows.

bread's done
Back