PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the reason they don't have the whole "pay for your bags" thing where I live is because they have a recycling system in place at the SaveMart.

I finally found my old memory card that I lost right when I got a new one. I'm about to transfer some save files over, and before I do I want to be absolutely sure of something:

Has it been 100% PROVEN that if you swap out memory cards, you will still be able to play PS Mobile games? I just don't want to take any chances since if something goes wrong, my games are gone forever.

My best buy still has 1 copy of corpse party: blood drive. Does anyone think the ever after edition is going to be hard to find soon? Debating if I should just go ahead and buy it.

My best buy still has 1 copy of corpse party: blood drive. Does anyone think the ever after edition is going to be hard to find soon? Debating if I should just go ahead and buy it.
Well it depends on if it's only this single run and how big that run is probably. If BBY stocked it I would have to imagine it's not too small of a run even if it's not a huge one.

My BB has 3 copies on the shelf, which accounts for half of their total Vita inventory. 2 of those are already damaged. Finding a copy will be easy. Finding a mint copy will be challenging

My BB has 3 copies on the shelf, which accounts for half of their total Vita inventory. 2 of those are already damaged. Finding a copy will be easy. Finding a mint copy will be challenging
This is exactly my problem with my best buy. They love to damage all the collector's editions with spider wraps. The last one left is still mint.

They've said the Everafter Edition is the ONLY physical release. Not sure how wide the print was, but if you want it, you might want to jump on it. You never know...they could have overestimated the demand...but it seems like one of those limited pressing niche deals that probably won't go down in price. Unless you don't mind digital...but the digital MSRP is only $10 less and it doesn't come with the pretty spectacular soundtrack and art book.

Well, they did the same thing with SK:SV and that sure wasn't limited. Since I haven't bought it yet though, it will probably sell out tomorrow. (You could try to ask on Twitter or one of Tom's hangouts)

I wonder if my Best Buy would have it. Their vita section was pretty nonexistent last time I was there. The whole videogame section actually seems way worse than back when I was a kid in general though too.

Well, they did the same thing with SK:SV and that sure wasn't limited. Since I haven't bought it yet though, it will probably sell out tomorrow. (You could try to ask on Twitter or one of Tom's hangouts)

I wonder if my Best Buy would have it. Their vita section was pretty nonexistent last time I was there. The whole videogame section actually seems way worse than back when I was a kid in general though too.
Best Buy has been weirdly erratic lately. Mine pretty much cleared out the vita section down to like a few copies of 3 old games and hadn't gotten in any new vita games in a long time. Yet, out of nowhere, they stocked a bunch of copies of the new Danganronpa of all things.

Stopped by ToysRUs to check on Lego Harry Potter and FIFA 14. They didn't have Harry Potter but they did have Lego Hobbit so I picked that up with FIFA.

I think at this point I haven't paid more than $5 for about half of my Vita collection which is about 60 games now. I just love how cheap games are for this system.

I just picked up Lego Hobbit as well for 4.98 from TRU. They also had Amazing Spider-Man and Fifa 14 for 4.98 so I grabbed spidey but left Fifa. No sign of Harry Potter.

I finally found my old memory card that I lost right when I got a new one. I'm about to transfer some save files over, and before I do I want to be absolutely sure of something:

Has it been 100% PROVEN that if you swap out memory cards, you will still be able to play PS Mobile games? I just don't want to take any chances since if something goes wrong, my games are gone forever.
Someone confirmed it a ways back when we were talking about it.. but that was just swapping cards. I dont know if transfering stuff will make it still work

They've said the Everafter Edition is the ONLY physical release. Not sure how wide the print was, but if you want it, you might want to jump on it. You never know...they could have overestimated the demand...but it seems like one of those limited pressing niche deals that probably won't go down in price. Unless you don't mind digital...but the digital MSRP is only $10 less and it doesn't come with the pretty spectacular soundtrack and art book.
Yeah, it's kind of pointless to buy a digtal copy unless you plan on waiting for a sale. I'm a big fan of the series so I bought it at Gamestop (I know, the horror) on day 1, came in perfect condition. Beats trying to track down a mint condition copy at Best Buy, where most copies are damaged.

Corpse Party is a very niche series, so I don't see why they would overestimate the demand.

My Toys R Us didn't have LEGO The Hobbit unfortunately, but did have MLB 14 for $5 which I passed on. I did pick up Disney Infinity for Vita from Gamestop, and was very tempted at Toys R Us with their sales and used Disney Infinity deals. I resisted. 

How the heck are you supposed to ping pong saves back and forth from a vita tv and your regular vita? I think saves are saved to the memory card right? Not the game cart? With different ps3's i just use a USB stick, but thats not an option with the vita. PS+ i think has a stupid ass 24 hour wait so that wont work. I was thinking of starting up Tales of hearts R and would like to play it on both the handheld and the  PSTV.

By the way; shouldn't the PSTV comaptiility/whitelist be in the op?

Saturday I went on a tour of retailers over a stretch of about 140 miles in search of primarily Vita games. This included primarily GameStop stores that I had prechecked the inventory of... but also a Target, 3 walmart stores and a bestbuy. Everything but MLB14, I bought at GS. MLB 14 was $6 at BestBuy... which was good enough for me as I just wanted 1 baseball game to play. The Vita/PSP games left at target from my last visit were all gone so I only bought the DS game Professor Layton and the Last Specter ($30, which is a good price for a new copy... probably due to the built in bonus rpg).

My haul for Vita: Arcana Hearts 3 Love Max, Disgaea 3, MLB 14 The Show, One Piece Unlimited World Red, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Tearaway, Wipeout 2048, & Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour.

I paid more than $5 each, but I was really only hunting games I wanted to play.

The main game I was hunting was the GS exclusive One Piece UWR because it's in no stores locally, it's hard to get online since it's a GS Exclusive and the only other copy I had ever seen didn't include the original box. Initially the version I ended up buying also didn't end up having the original box but at the last GS store I stopped at they had a Day 1 edition including the redemption slip inside and they just let me swap the cases without having to deal with returning the incomplete copy. Disgaea 3 was a secondary goal since I could just pay the $27 for a new copy on Amazon but I figured if I could find a Used mint copy at GS it would save me $7 and I could play it sooner.

So One Piece ended up being the first cart game I put into my Vita. Ultimately, I really like the game. The beat-em-up aspect is really well crafted with multiple moves, assist requests & taunts, along with the ability to dodge & counter at various times. The big bosses I faced just in finishing the first chapter were great. As for the hub world, it reminds me of Mario Sunshine mixed with Amazing Spiderman. It's fun just exploring for the collectibles. The only negative is the camera controls on the second stick are either not smooth or I just haven't gotten used to the vita second stick to make them smooth. It really was only noticeable for me in the hub world. I can deal with it as the actual core game seems so good and well above the basic standard beat-em-ups.

How the heck are you supposed to ping pong saves back and forth from a vita tv and your regular vita?
Open the Content Manager app to the start screen but don't hit start, chose the button called "Copy Content", select "Online Storage". It should all be self explanatory from there. Just read the options. If you don't have PS+ then there are other options though I haven't tried them.

Saturday I went on a tour of retailers over a stretch of about 140 miles in search of primarily Vita games. This included primarily GameStop stores that I had prechecked the inventory of... but also a Target, 3 walmart stores and a bestbuy. Everything but MLB14, I bought at GS. MLB 14 was $6 at BestBuy... which was good enough for me as I just wanted 1 baseball game to play. The Vita/PSP games left at target from my last visit were all gone so I only bought the DS game Professor Layton and the Last Specter ($30, which is a good price for a new copy... probably due to the built in bonus rpg).

My haul for Vita: Arcana Hearts 3 Love Max, Disgaea 3, MLB 14 The Show, One Piece Unlimited World Red, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Tearaway, Wipeout 2048, & Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour.

I paid more than $5 each, but I was really only hunting games I wanted to play.

The main game I was hunting was the GS exclusive One Piece UWR because it's in no stores locally, it's hard to get online since it's a GS Exclusive and the only other copy I had ever seen didn't include the original box. Initially the version I ended up buying also didn't end up having the original box but at the last GS store I stopped at they had a Day 1 edition including the redemption slip inside and they just let me swap the cases without having to deal with returning the incomplete copy. Disgaea 3 was a secondary goal since I could just pay the $27 for a new copy on Amazon but I figured if I could find a Used mint copy at GS it would save me $7 and I could play it sooner.

So One Piece ended up being the first cart game I put into my Vita. Ultimately, I really like the game. The beat-em-up aspect is really well crafted with multiple moves, assist requests & taunts, along with the ability to dodge & counter at various times. The big bosses I faced just in finishing the first chapter were great. As for the hub world, it reminds me of Mario Sunshine mixed with Amazing Spiderman. It's fun just exploring for the collectibles. The only negative is the camera controls on the second stick are either not smooth or I just haven't gotten used to the vita second stick to make them smooth. It really was only noticeable for me in the hub world. I can deal with it as the actual core game seems so good and well above the basic standard beat-em-ups.
I was in the same boat unfortanetly I had to settle on games with no cases :( Now I am on the hunt for scans of the art work so I can just print them out and make my own cases....

I was in the same boat unfortanetly I had to settle on games with no cases :( Now I am on the hunt for scans of the art work so I can just print them out and make my own cases....
I came to terms settling for not having the regular box for One Piece... but then stumbling on another copy at the very next GameStop I stopped in was just brilliant. I was grinning ear to ear. What I was actually going to do was just play the copy I had originally bought and then on Thursday I'm driving 10.5 hours to help my bro move back here and I was planning to look at the route and all possible gamestop's along it that have a copy in stock and just get another and return the first one when convenient. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

Side note Disgae 4, which has also been something I wanted to get is down to $43.90 on Amazon. Not exactly a great deal when GS was selling it new for $30 till it ran out. I grabbed a copy, along with Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing through the MGS games. I have 1 from the PS3 Legacy Collection, so I'm good to go.

Does anyone know if there's a fairly direct way to transfer Vita games between a PSTV and a PS3 or PC (and back) for storage?
http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/index.html

If you have a PSTV can't you just throw it in there and then copy the saves to the cloud? No risk then.

Finally got myself a Vita ($98, with 8GB!, used) 

Looking for good RPG games ... not a big fan of super anime stuff. 

Like games like Fire Emblem, Tactics, Final Fantasy, etc. 

Any suggestions? 

Finally got myself a Vita ($98, with 8GB!, used)

Looking for good RPG games ... not a big fan of super anime stuff.

Like games like Fire Emblem, Tactics, Final Fantasy, etc.

Any suggestions?
You may not like the anime stuff but right off the bat for Vita you're going to try Tales of Hearts R and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Oh and Ys: Memories of Celceta if you want a good rocking 80's 90's vibe soundtrack. Love it.

bread's done
Back