PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no confirmation on Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters update being localized. We don't know if it sold well for them, but i'm guessing no....not sure if to expect it.

Still no mailing confirmation for my Breach & Clear order (order# 1138), which is kinda lousy as I was hoping it would show up while I had a day off, I mean Cary, N.C. is only a little over a hundred miles away, nearly all interstate travel, so had a good shot of being here if mailed on Thursday or even Friday.

Still no mailing confirmation for my Breach & Clear order (order# 1138), which is kinda lousy as I was hoping it would show up while I had a day off, I mean Cary, N.C. is only a little over a hundred miles away, nearly all interstate travel, so had a good shot of being here if mailed on Thursday or even Friday.
Check your order status. They never emailed me but provided tracking in my order history.

Ahh, cool thanks Dreamer.

EDIT: And thanks Poke, I didn't notice that. Mine has a tracking number in my order history there too. Looks like mine is actually out for delivery today lol.
Mine is our for delivery today too. No email notification, but I don't really mind.

Just checked my order for Breach & Clear and it showed the tracking number. Hit the link for tracking and it said it was delivered this morning with my mail. I was in the 1180's on order number. So many of you may have it today as well.

Thanks for the feedback on MuvLuv. I guess I need to make a decision soon as there are 26 hours left.

I didn't realize there was an option for Bloodstained... may have to consider that though 2017 is a long way off. Will it have a regular retail version?

That article about the sequel/updated version of Tokyo Twilight doesn't say anything abut it coming here. Maybe I missed something? As of now there are no announced plans to bring the other version over... and even if they do and it's physical it took a year and a half to cross the pond and finally hit the $20 price point. The tiny text is only non-essential stuff that really doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Everything else is very nice sized text... but even the tiny stuff looks crisp and clear on my non-OLED vita. My only warning would be that the strategy side of the game is a really solid and challenging game... so if you don't like strategy stuff then maybe it's a pass. Art, story, strategy, etc... it's a solid B of a game. It's less confusing than I find Disgaea but yet still very challenging.
Thanks for calling out the Bloodstained version. I had already backed at the Collector's Edition for Xbox One, and went ahead with doing the Vita version as an add-on. $60 is a lot though.

Hope everyone who was interested in Breach and Clear got it
They are offering 340 more this afternoon at 5pm(EST) I believe. So if anyone missed out, here's your second chance. Limit 1 per person as well.

Mine is out for delivery, hopefully my postal staff doesn't loose it or misdeliver(It happens more than I care to admit).

Thanks for calling out the Bloodstained version. I had already backed at the Collector's Edition for Xbox One, and went ahead with doing the Vita version as an add-on. $60 is a lot though.
Ditto. I backed on KS for a signed CE box. I think I'm going to choose Vita on that one (I still haven't gotten my survey yet for some reason, just e-mailed them on that this morning). I'm going to add a Wii U one though for my run at a complete Wii U set. Debating about also adding a PS4 copy as well, since that's the system I actually want to play it on. Might just wait for a sale on a standard retail copy on PS4 though.

In for MuvLuv vita CE version with free figure when they reaches $900,000. I'm down another $155 :)

They are offering 340 more this afternoon at 5pm(EST) I believe. So if anyone missed out, here's your second chance. Limit 1 per person as well.

Mine is out for delivery, hopefully my postal staff doesn't loose it or misdeliver(It happens more than I care to admit).
I missed 1st shipment while i at work. Now i sitting at home today & hope i get 1 copy. Still 3 1/2 hrs left....i'm ready :)

USPS lost a package of mine (vita game) and it took a little over 2 months before I got a resolution yesterday.

Yeah it'll have a regular retail version. The kickstarter rewards include exclusive DLC, slipcases, and a collectors box though. I think the hardcover art book is exclusive to the kickstarter as well, so if you care about any of that stuff it's worth backing.
I think I can wait for retail, I just want to play the game when it comes out. Thankfully, I don't really care about the extras.

This weekend I finally went ahead and upgraded to Pro at Gamestop. I think it'll pay for itself many times over at the rate I'm buying games these days. Also bought XBlaze Code Embryo (I think it was $17 used) and BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend ($10) earlier in the weekend. I played a little of the PSP version of Continuum Shift digitally to be sure the franchise was for me a week or two ago and enjoyed it. The Vita version is really my kind of fighter. All the over the top characters and moves were just great. I played some Arcana Hearts 3 as well and had some fun with it too. It makes me want to just go ahead and focus on collecting fighting games for a while. Add the native vita fighters with the PS1 & PSP classics (and Minis) ... I think it may be the best system out there right now for the genre.

EDIT: Just got an email that Breach & Clear had shipped. Looks like it was sent at 12:41pm cst... which is funny since it's waiting at home already.

EDIT: Just got an email that Breach & Clear had shipped. Looks like it was sent at 12:41pm cst... which is funny since it's waiting at home already.
Yeah, NISA does that from time to time as well. I'll have my item for days, then I get their shipping confirmation.

Other then paying $10 above the digital copy (saving 694MB from the limited memory card), is there any other thing to note about this limited edition?
1. It's already patched before the actual digital version is patched, so potentially extra data storage savings and playing it earlier than others since the patch isn't out yet.

2. It has a potential to turn a huge profit for a small up front investment if you choose to sell it later.

3. If you aim to have a complete collection of vita games (which sounds silly but it's only about 150 games so around 100 less than even a short run system like the Dreamcast had), then it's a must to get now as prices won't likely get better than this and they are limiting it to this one run of 1500 copies. No reprints later.

4. Throwing support to this one release gets some satisfaction of actually contributing to the vita marketplace for physical releases. Specifically it is a signal to other devs to not only publish their games physically but to trust LRG with the process especially showing that it wasn't re-sellers buying the games but core vita gamers and they made a profit on the venture. It probably makes no difference if you actually do this but there is some satisfaction being in on the ground floor of a venture like this. Like back when the GBA launched and folks weren't happy with the non-lit screen and I, and others, researched and found solutions for frontlighting the system. Solutions that Nintendo took and used to make the GBASP frontlit. It was great being in on that, doing tons of research, getting samples from foreign companies, and being one of the first people in the world with a front lit GBA because I was close with the dude that made the Afterburner and the team I worked with also got a few front lights even before the Afterburner could be ordered. It may not mean much anymore, but if this one purchase helps push more indie games and other digital only games to get physical releases then I think it's cool to have contributed towards that even in this tiny way. Sure folks will make fun of that but there aren't many times when an individual game purchase actually means anything in the grand scheme of the market.

4. Throwing support to this one release gets some satisfaction of actually contributing to the vita marketplace for physical releases. Specifically it is a signal to other devs to not only publish their games physically but to trust LRG with the process especially showing that it wasn't re-sellers buying the games but core vita gamers and they made a profit on the venture. It probably makes no difference if you actually do this but there is some satisfaction being in on the ground floor of a venture like this. Like back when the GBA launched and folks weren't happy with the non-lit screen and I, and others, researched and found solutions for frontlighting the system. Solutions that Nintendo took and used to make the GBASP frontlit. It was great being in on that, doing tons of research, getting samples from foreign companies, and being one of the first people in the world with a front lit GBA because I was close with the dude that made the Afterburner and the team I worked with also got a few front lights even before the Afterburner could be ordered. It may not mean much anymore, but if this one purchase helps push more indie games and other digital only games to get physical releases then I think it's cool to have contributed towards that even in this tiny way. Sure folks will make fun of that but there aren't many times when an individual game purchase actually means anything in the grand scheme of the market.
That's the big reason I like Kickstarters, even if I have been burnt one before.

Since I don't have the $85 for the -something-Lov kickstarter, I'll aim for this instead. (given I am also off work today.)

I have read a way back, and made sure to make an account, so that should help speed things up and increase my chances. (and maybe your chances too?)

As for collecting every physical game, I have 25 so far, but I've only been in the "vita game buying game" since February.

The two most expensive games in my collection, are Moe Chronicles ($42+$12 shipping), and Disgaea 4 ($45+tax) ((back in April))

The cheapest game I've grabbed is thanks to this thread;

"Smart As..." (the dot dot dot is the missing letter "s" ) ($2 Target, it was found in damaged condition, the box has a hole, so extra discount)

I must say that is clearly the worst (EDIT: vita) game ever, spurring insults if you don't understand the poorly written instructions, and praising you for a barely passable one star. The game is not able to tell you how smart you are, because it relies on poor tilt, touch, input methods, and instructions. there are only 2 mini games that are anything close to the "player" being the determinate factor. Skill is a major factor in most of the "tests". The worst thing is the main game ends after 12 min, there is free time options... Brain age this is not.

I have an order number, so I guess I have one too. #1768.

Now, off to eBay and go put up an auction listing...... :rofl:

Alright I snagged a copy. I'm pretty sure I wont open this game, but for $25 I'll bite at this game. Does anyone know if this is still on the psn? I'd rather leave this sealed and get a digital copy

#1699 for me. So excited!! Did they ever mention if Saturday Morning RPG is going to get a Vita release, or just PS4? While I do want to support them I'd rather just stick with Vita games. 

Alright I snagged a copy. I'm pretty sure I wont open this game, but for $25 I'll bite at this game. Does anyone know if this is still on the psn? I'd rather leave this sealed and get a digital copy
yeah

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/breach-clear/cid=UP2165-PCSE00641_00-BREACHANDCLEARPS?emcid=ps-ga-871&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=Games&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

but it's not the same version as the physical, there is a patch coming soon.

bread's done
Back