PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't work for me, order history is blank.

So far no cancellation of Toukiden Kiwami or Child of Light. I wouldn't mind CoL being cancelled but I really want TK.

-Edit- Bye bye CoL. Have it on PS4 so no biggie.
Same, same, and same. Oh well, lol.

I just drove to NFM last night and grabbed Toukiden Kiwami along with a couple other things. There were no copies of CoL available anywhere according to the associate I asked.

O_O Why!?!

NFM Is quoting me $9.99 shipping per game! I guess they like to discourage orders from states where they have now presence at.

I was wondering if PS1 game saves (in this case ff7) can be transferred between accounts. A friend of mine just got a vita, so to save money, we're gonna gameshare for a bit. So, would it be possible for my friend to start a game under my account and then transfer the save to their account own at a future point in time?
PS1 and PSP games keep their save separate on the vita just like they did with the PSP. You can connect your vita to your computer and use content manager to just move the save file. It'll go in something like Documents/PS Vita/PSaveData/

You should be able to just copy it from there onto your friends computer or directly onto their vita.

Best Buy had some clearance drops on Vita games last night.  Posted these in the BB Clearance thread but figured they should be posted here too.

Vita:

Hyperdimension Neptunia U; Action Unleashed - $21.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyperdimension-neptunia-u-action-unleashed-ps-vita/3004067.p?id=1219567366640&skuId=3004067

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 3 V Generation - $23.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth3-v-generation-ps-vita/4924011.p?id=1219644196222&skuId=4924011

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-extend-ps-vita/5603057.p?id=1219653111933&skuId=5603057

XBlaze Lost Memories - $27.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xblaze-lost-memories-ps-vita/4922013.p?id=1219644196225&skuId=4922013

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy Launch Edition - $31.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/operation-abyss-new-tokyo-legacy-launch-edition-ps-vita/3150025.p?id=1219573004126&skuId=3150025

Thanks. Ordered both of the Hyperdimensional games.

Xblaze and BlazBlue were no longer available for shipping when I checked but I did grab the hyperdimension games and Operation Abyss.  With GCU, these prices are hard to pass up.

PS1 and PSP games keep their save separate on the vita just like they did with the PSP. You can connect your vita to your computer and use content manager to just move the save file. It'll go in something like Documents/PS Vita/PSaveData/

You should be able to just copy it from there onto your friends computer or directly onto their vita.
That's good to know. I haven't messed with the PC Content Manager software yet. It's nice to know it's not tied to the PSN ID and locked to it.

Those are some good prices... the Hyperdimension games though if you have a GS with them in stock then the buy 2 get 1 free option makes them about $16.33 each after tax and all (if a pro member for that extra 10% off) which is a couple bucks cheaper than BB even with GCU. But that's still a solid deal for new copies.

Operation Abyss also dropped on Amazon to $33.89. Not as good a deal but still a nice drop from where it was. Also Hyperdevotion Noir dropped to $23.57.

Careful; I'm on the fence about buying the HDN games...since I have Re;Birth 1 and 2 on PC and havent played them.

Heard Re;birth 3 cartridge has issues (some do not work, so if you are buying, open it and try it right away)

Thanks Josef, grabbed Rebirth 3. That's also a great price on Action Unleashed, even cheaper after GCU than the $20 I paid during a GameFly sale.

Thanks Josef, grabbed Rebirth 3. That's also a great price on Action Unleashed, even cheaper after GCU than the $20 I paid during a GameFly sale.
How is it? (HDN U)

On a side note: looks like I need to get rid of 1 of my 2 OG Vitas and get a new one.

Edit!!! This is for the 1000! WOOT

These trigger grips looks like a win.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999902/20151118060/

Careful; I'm on the fence about buying the HDN games...since I have Re;Birth 1 and 2 on PC and havent played them.

Heard Re;birth 3 cartridge has issues (some do not work, so if you are buying, open it and try it right away)
I have heard this before too. Does the cart not boot up at all or does it stop working at a certain point in the game if it's a bad cart?

I have heard this before too. Does the cart not boot up at all or does it stop working at a certain point in the game if it's a bad cart?
If it was like my Code: Realize bum cart it never installs and reads it. So the icon never pops up when you insert said cartridge. Will be picking up Neptunia U. One of my Best Buys has about 16 copies. I will make it 15 by the end of the day. Need to return Stella Glow and get a not caved in beaten box as well. Wish one of my Best Buys had the newest Xblaze. Never had it and no stores within 100 miles have it.

Nobody mentioned BB's deal of the day today? PS Vita Lego Bundle for $50. Considering the cheapest standalone Vita deal is like $34 right now and memory cards are stupid expensive, it's a good deal even if you just want the Vita and 8GB memory. Extra PS3 controller doesn't hurt either, I just don't need it.

Now I need EDF 3/2017 to go on sale. Why the hell is that still $40!? It's a 10 year old game now. I might as well import the physical release from Japan for the price of the goddamn digital.

Nobody mentioned BB's deal of the day today? PS Vita Lego Bundle for $50. Considering the cheapest standalone Vita deal is like $34 right now and memory cards are stupid expensive, it's a good deal even if you just want the Vita and 8GB memory. Extra PS3 controller doesn't hurt either, I just don't need it.

Now I need EDF 3/2017 to go on sale. Why the hell is that still $40!? It's a 10 year old game now. I might as well import the physical release from Japan for the price of the goddamn digital.
It's a Vita TV pal. You had me going there for a bit since a Vita and a 8 gb memory card for 50 would have been one hell of a deal.

Still a good deal nonetheless since you get a PS3 controller out of it. I still use my Vita TV.

If it was like my Code: Realize bum cart it never installs and reads it. So the icon never pops up when you insert said cartridge. Will be picking up Neptunia U. One of my Best Buys has about 16 copies. I will make it 15 by the end of the day. Need to return Stella Glow and get a not caved in beaten box as well. Wish one of my Best Buys had the newest Xblaze. Never had it and no stores within 100 miles have it.
From my understanding it was versions of HDNR:3 from Best Buy specifically that had this issue. I kind of screwed myself on Rebirth 3. I was reading up on Code:Realize and someone mentioned it having the same issue. My copy of CR was fine, but I had never put the copy of Rebirth 3 into my Vita (I'm another one of those "Completionist" collectors with a massive backlog). I put it in to check it out, and sure enough I had a bum one.

I went in to my local Gamestop to buy a used copy and was going to toss the old one, but the manager was SUPER awesome and said he would just switch it out for me and send the old one back as defective. It was mighty kind for him to do that for me, so I threw the money I would spend at a couple of game preorders. I might not get the 20% GCU discount on them, but with the $32 he saved me by not having to purchase another copy I figure I still come out ahead.

just a heads up Hyperdimension Neptunia PP is $9.99 at gamestop and all the new copy are now converted to used

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/hyperdimension-neptunia-pp/114383
I noticed this morning that Gamestop has a TON of used Vita games up on their website right now. They seem to have restocked quite a bit in time for Black Friday. They even have some extremely hard to find games such as MMA Supremacy (For $7!), as well as others such as Child of Light, Silent Hill, Ben10 Galactic Racing, and Virtua Tennis available for shipping.

From what I've seen Gamestop generally provides Vita cases as well, even if they are generic. You can always buy some nice glossy paper and print replacement covers if you need to.

And for those worried about purchasing now and not getting the Buy 2 get 1 free deal on preowned on Black Friday, due to their holiday return policy you have until the end of the year to return games, and I've confirmed with 2 stores that if you go in there with your packing slip and all of the games on Black Friday they can return and re-ring all of the games so you get your free games, and they will put the remainder on a gift card for you.

I picked up 12 games I was missing last night and my total came up to a little over $100. This late in the week it might not be a bad idea to pay extra for shipping so you get them in time for Black Friday. Way easier than tracking the 3 games you want down in 3 different stores then having to run the return/repurchase.

From what I've seen Gamestop generally provides Vita cases as well, even if they are generic. You can always buy some nice glossy paper and print replacement covers if you need to.
what I all ways do is if I get a game with a generic case if I see the game at another gamestop with the case and artwork I will rebuy and return the one with the generic case

I noticed this morning that Gamestop has a TON of used Vita games up on their website right now. They seem to have restocked quite a bit in time for Black Friday. They even have some extremely hard to find games such as MMA Supremacy (For $7!), as well as others such as Child of Light, Silent Hill, Ben10 Galactic Racing, and Virtua Tennis available for shipping.

And for those worried about purchasing now and not getting the Buy 2 get 1 free deal on preowned on Black Friday, due to their holiday return policy you have until the end of the year to return games, and I've confirmed with 2 stores that if you go in there with your packing slip and all of the games on Black Friday they can return and re-ring all of the games so you get your free games, and they will put the remainder on a gift card for you.

I picked up 12 games I was missing last night and my total came up to a little over $100. This late in the week it might not be a bad idea to pay extra for shipping so you get them in time for Black Friday. Way easier than tracking the 3 games you want down in 3 different stores then having to run the return/repurchase.
You're probably going to get a lot of games without original case/artwork. or with grungy abused cases. I personally wouldn't buy Vita games unless the original case and artwork were included and in good condition. Trying to reprint the artwork isn't worth it to me, better to just hold out for complete copies.

Atelier Escha and Logy+ dropped to 51-75% stock left.

I think it should still holdout for awhile, but I figured I'd let you guys know anyway.

what I all ways do is if I get a game with a generic case if I see the game at another gamestop with the case and artwork I will rebuy and return the one with the generic case
You don't need to do this, just show the receipt and they will swap it out for you if its during the return period.

[quote name="Tweeg" post="13038249" timestamp="1447893508"]O_O Why!?!

NFM Is quoting me $9.99 shipping per game! I guess they like to discourage orders from states where they have now presence at.[/quote]
Was that listed in the email or their site? The email shipping cost was misquoted.

To add another note about NFM, I don't like how they charged my card already, but the game doesn't show as available until 11/23. Most places will put a temp charge but won't actually charge it until the items ship.

Well I ordered Neptunia 3 and Operation Abyss.  Guess I have to begrudgingly open Neptunia when I get it.

Says Operation Abyss will arrive Dec 2 though which is a bit odd.

Super easy. Pretty mindless fighting where you just spam your biggest attacks to kill as many as possible with least amount of effort. But it looks pretty nice and can be pretty fun just watching the attacks and numbers go off.
Agree completely with your assessment. Isn't bad but not anything special. Though a grind for the platinum, it's a pretty easy platinum if you are into trophies.

NFM took the money for an instock item. Kept the money, and didnt bother cancelling my order or even telling me until I reached out to them to find out what was up. Then they told me oh, sorry, its really not in stock, youll get the money back in 5 days. Glad they get to keep my money for 2-3 weeks.

NFM took the money for an instock item. Kept the money, and didnt bother cancelling my order or even telling me until I reached out to them to find out what was up. Then they told me oh, sorry, its really not in stock, youll get the money back in 5 days. Glad they get to keep my money for 2-3 weeks.
yeah, after reading some google reviews of this company they seem to be pretty terrible

they have a 2.3 star rating lol

really sucks because i really wanted child of light =(

How do you know if the copy of ReBirth 3 is bad? I have the CE, and I haven't opened it yet. Lately, I haven't played anything but XONIC on the Vita or AoW III on PC.

bread's done
Back