PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm not happy with them right now either. Still haven't received my refund for Child of Light and they cancelled it on Wednesday. I don't like how my card was charged before anything was shipped and then the whole emailed shipping price debacle. They can keep their deals next time. Edit: Just tried looking up my order numbers on their site and neither one can be found. So they charged my card and have no history of my order? I have a bad feeling about getting my money back.
Seems like you could call your credit card company (number on the card) and report it. Seems like it would be pretty easy to resolve.

As for my NFM order... yeah I'm not liking all this negative stuff after the fact. I am worried about my order but I checked it again on the site and it still says Monday for my vita game and "Shipping" on the 3DS game. So I'm hopeful that my order will show up on schedule Monday. For my 3DS game "Shipping", SMT DS2 RB... they are still selling it for $25... so I'm feeling good that the game is in stock and my order did ship.

As for the site.... No tracking on orders... charging for items sold out... trouble getting refunds... even if my order comes without issue it'll just be smarter in the long run to avoid such stuff.

Has anybody happened to find out anything more about the Teslagrad release that's supposed to be next week?
I contacted the dev.... It's digital only at first... EU will get the Physical release before North America. Some of us are keeping an eye on the distributor of the physical version, Soedesco ... but no worries about getting this in physical form next week (PS+ people that got the game free a few months ago for PS4/PS3 should get it free).

The thing about NFM is there always stock issues just like Hastings cause it the same concept. NFM don't ever keep the games in a warehouse they always ships from individual stores which mean the games have to be pulled from shelfs on display and are shipped at a store level by normal store employees. So there lots of times where a item in stock but is sold out after you buy one online cause they didn't pull it fast enough and a store customer bought it in store first

I think NFM's online store is actually more distributor drop-shipping than shipping from retail stores, but the concept (and problems associated with OOS) is the same in that the items aren't warehoused and inventory-controlled by NFM.com.

That's not SpidrMnky's; that's mine. ;) And that pic is a bit older - it's almost twice that size now (the Vita portion at least).
v01xhJv.jpg

Not quite as good as Callidus... must ... buy ... more!

Edit: ignore the OCZ ... i was too lazy to take it out of the picture.

So was the b2g1 free on used games at GameStop for Black Friday a lie then? Or just something GameStop tempted us with then took away?
Cause appearntly it isn't in the Black Friday ad anymore

So was the b2g1 free on used games at GameStop for Black Friday a lie then? Or just something GameStop tempted us with then took away?
Cause appearntly it isn't in the Black Friday ad anymore
Where did you see that? Were you looking at the new pages that were released today? Those 4 new pages were just additional deals.

Where did you see that? Were you looking at the new pages that were released today? Those 4 new pages were just additional deals.
Last page?
yea it gone. here the link for both the pre black friday sale and the main black friday sale. Notice the black friday ad is exactly the same except there no back page with the b2g1 used products anymore. http://www.gamestop.com/blackfriday?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-fDBdUpTxUEPSLQqRU0ZCWw

Just contacted NFM about the Toukiden and Lego Ninjago I ordered from them and found out that Factory Direct Orders take approximately 1-3 weeks and they can't provide any kind of tracking info for you. I was considering getting BlazBlue & FIFA 15 from them as well but if it takes all the way to three weeks, then no.

yea it gone. here the link for both the pre black friday sale and the main black friday sale. Notice the black friday ad is exactly the same except there no back page with the b2g1 used products anymore. http://www.gamestop.com/blackfriday?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-fDBdUpTxUEPSLQqRU0ZCWw
​Hmmm, interesting. If they did change it, there will a LOT of angry ppl there that weekend. If they take that back, then that kills any reason for me to shop with them next weekend.

That's really odd.  If it's really gone, then I'm probably straight up returning the 10 vita games I ordered online yesterday to complete my currently-released physical US Vita set (since I intended to price adjust them for the B2G1 deal).

That's not SpidrMnky's; that's mine. ;) And that pic is a bit older - it's almost twice that size now (the Vita portion at least).
Here's my Vita collection, or at least the most recent pic. I've added a few since this pic.

i63KUFw.jpg

Here is a little better view of the Vita section.

CvY8lC7.jpg

I recently bought a new house and I'm still working on setting it up so it's not quite as organized as I'd like in these photo's.

Anyway, it's not the largest collection but a lot of the games I don't have I have on other systems like the Hyperdimension Trilogy. I think I have all/most of the hard to find titles like Firefly Diaries, Breach and Clear, Ar nosurge, etc... If I decide to go for a full set at some point I want to make sure I don't have to chase those down.

Update on my NFM order, my copy of SMT DS 2 Record Breaker showed up in the mail today.  So Monday Am to Friday's mail... Nebraska (Supposedly) to Alabama... not to shabby.  It only ever said "Shipping" on the site but they are still selling it so it seemed likely I wouldn't have issues getting it.   I still have till Monday for the estimated arrival of Toukiden Kiwami to show up, but I'm feeling like it should show since it never was cancelled on the site (and I checked earlier).   Hopefully everyone who hasn't had a cancellation will have no issues getting their games.  I don't think I'll order from them again unless I find a random deal there or am just ready the moment someone else finds a deal worth my cash.   As is, I'm going to start dialing back game purchases after Black Friday/Cyber Monday.  I've bought a lot of games over the last couple months... it was like the old days of going around to various stores including all the rental places hunting deals on used games (except with a bigger budget to spend).  I don't want a complete collection of anything.

I am concerned about GS not having the buy 2 get 1 free sale... if that happens then I'll put off buying the games I had planned to get till the next one (outside of a few I actually want).

Would Hyperdimenension Neptunia U be decent for a 9 year old girl? She's played some button masher beat em ups with me before and liked them. I'm wondering if this would be ok for her. Is it relatively simple gameplay? Also how heavy is the T&A, lol

If it was like my Code: Realize bum cart it never installs and reads it. So the icon never pops up when you insert said cartridge. Will be picking up Neptunia U. One of my Best Buys has about 16 copies. I will make it 15 by the end of the day. Need to return Stella Glow and get a not caved in beaten box as well. Wish one of my Best Buys had the newest Xblaze. Never had it and no stores within 100 miles have it.
Wait what? Code:Realize does this too? What the hell. Is that something i need to check? I wasn't going to really open or play my copy of that though i was going to snag a copy for my niece after your recommendation. Im worried about my neptunia 3 copies (got two like usual and the special edition) I would try grabbing another right now to open and check but it seems they're out of stock online. SHould have grabbed one last night, damnit.

Were the LE copies at least usually ok? Maybe i'll just open one of those when i get around to playing it

From my understanding it was versions of HDNR:3 from Best Buy specifically that had this issue. I kind of screwed myself on Rebirth 3. I was reading up on Code:Realize and someone mentioned it having the same issue. My copy of CR was fine, but I had never put the copy of Rebirth 3 into my Vita (I'm another one of those "Completionist" collectors with a massive backlog). I put it in to check it out, and sure enough I had a bum one.

I went in to my local Gamestop to buy a used copy and was going to toss the old one, but the manager was SUPER awesome and said he would just switch it out for me and send the old one back as defective. It was mighty kind for him to do that for me, so I threw the money I would spend at a couple of game preorders. I might not get the 20% GCU discount on them, but with the $32 he saved me by not having to purchase another copy I figure I still come out ahead.
WTF? A helpful gamestop employee? I dont fucking belive you!

bullshit.jpg

Knew I shouldnt have ******* waited on Re;birth 3...Sold out

yea.. should have grabbed one last night damnit

Would Hyperdimenension Neptunia U be decent for a 9 year old girl? She's played some button masher beat em ups with me before and liked them. I'm wondering if this would be ok for her. Is it relatively simple gameplay? Also how heavy is the T&A, lol
It *really* pushes the boundaries of a T rating in terms of fanservice, so I'd have to say no. Easy, fun game, but definitely not for a 9 year old.

It *really* pushes the boundaries of a T rating in terms of fanservice, so I'd have to say no. Easy, fun game, but definitely not for a 9 year old.
Yeah, Japanese games with little girls on the cover that make it to the west usually aren't for little girls. Otaku sure love their worlds run by women.

Here's the first 20 minutes of the game that shows off all the 'Features' of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJxfIElQP7U

and just in case you were thinking of Atelier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya6IoaOgAhk

Yeah, most definitely not suitable for a 9 year old, or a 19 year old for that matter.

It only makes sense for middle-age guys like me.

I need to stop buying LEs. I never use the stuff that comes with the game and at best rip the included soundtrack. Hell, if it's a Physical game even, most times I'm too lazy to get up and go to the shelf to get a different title.

I need to stop buying LEs. I never use the stuff that comes with the game and at best rip the included soundtrack. Hell, if it's a Physical game even, most times I'm too lazy to get up and go to the shelf to get a different title.
Seriously. I feel guilty just opening these stupid first run games that are just a sleeve and CD even though it adds no value. Then I'm compelled to keep all that stuff and never even take any of it out of the boxes even once.

Like Persona Q I bought the CE for the case and have never used it.

The case is pretty good I use it myself. Doesn't hold games too well but holds the new 3DS XL/3DS XL well. I do like LEs but i'm starting to not find much value in them unless they have exclusive physical copies of games or full soundtracks or hefty artbooks. Everything else is whatever.

I ordered child of light from NFM on Monday, received a cancellation email on Wednesday, and the refund credited back to my account on Thursday. Hope that helps others.

My Toukiden Kiwami came in today unannounced from NFM. Now I just need my refund for Child of Light and I'm good. Still never ordering from them again though. Too many bad experiences in one order.

Edit: Got my child of light credit on my card last night.

I haven't received my Child of Light from NFM, but I haven't gotten a cancellation email either. Fingers crossed.

Lucas light - I'll have to check my local Meijer's now too to see if they're putting their Vita games on clearance.

Looks like Ray Gigant is gonna be digital only at this point.

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/ray-gigant-coming-west-psn-spring-2016
Cofirmed by publisher, digital bs only release. Clearly they don't want my business.:

http://www.acttil.com/contents/products/236.html

As for GameStop. I was in a GameStop this afternoon and one of the employee's went out of his way to hand me the "Black Friday Ad". Now if this is truly THE Black Friday Ad then they sure are jacking up the used game prices last minute for no real reason. Worth noting though that this revised ad has the "refurbished" (means they took time to erase them) PS Vita 8GB memory cards going on sale for $11.99 on this coming Tuesday! Other than that, just the already previously shown Vita sale prices, but no B2G1 anything! :(

Yeah, Japanese games with little girls on the cover that make it to the west usually aren't for little girls. Otaku sure love their worlds run by women.

Here's the first 20 minutes of the game that shows off all the 'Features' of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJxfIElQP7U
Hmm so pretty damn ecchi then i guess? Too bad. I'll watch that video though and see if i think its too much. She's played matur games before, but i know how JP games can be with their T&A. As far as gameplay goes though is it a simple enough masher for a 9 year old?

Hmm so pretty damn ecchi then i guess? Too bad. I'll watch that video though and see if i think its too much. She's played matur games before, but i know how JP games can be with their T&A. As far as gameplay goes though is it a simple enough masher for a 9 year old?
Yeah, it's a bunch of button mashing. There are a couple levels where certain conditions have to be met to beat a level. One of them required luring two monsters into the same room and killing them at once, and I think there was one where the enemies only got hurt by charging a tag team move. Some leveling is required for later bosses, and there are unlockable items to make the characters stronger. Towards the end of the main game, I had turned them into glass cannons with their equipment and spammed special attacks.

The worst parts are probably the costume destruction (removed from the sequel that just released in japan, but the ripped costumes were made DLC,) at some point acknowledging people are being gross by demanding fanservice costumes for the two little girls, and a few jokes about chest size. That introduction gets through most of the worst bits IIRC.

Just received my Toukiden, no word on child of light at all. Guess it's time to contact them
My Toukiden arrived yesterday, very satisfied with the price and shipping speed. Great deal on the game, it's still much more expensive everywhere else. Can't believe it's still available to order after all this time, how could they have so many copies?

I watched the whole video this morning myself just to see how bad it was and honestly outside of the costume ripping it seemed pretty clean. The girls all seemed super girly with boat loads of ... dare I say... cuteness. I mean that in the most generic girly kind of way, not perverse. The costume ripping bit as odd as that was didn't seem overly sexual or anything. Sure maybe my boys (I have 3 sons) would be affected by that but what the video showed was pretty tame. Language wasn't really bad either. If you watch it thinking "cute" ... it's possible a girl wouldn't see anything here that was overtly sexual rather than just goofy. But watch it for yourself and see. It wasn't like Akiba's Trip level on the costume ripping since the characters are all pretty small on the screen and what is revealed looks swimsuit'ish to me rather than underwear and that doesn't get removed or giggle or anything. And by suimsuit'ish I don't mean like DOA. But, that was just the first so many minutes... maybe it gets worse? It just seemed tame to me and not overtly sexual.

bread's done
Back