PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
A better person would do more research, I'd rather just slap a question in the Vita thread.

Those that own both a Vita and the PSTV:

Do you find that it's a pain when you switch the card between devices (with the icon rearranging and such)?

Would it be worth my time to buy a second memory card for the PSTV (I have a 64gb card in the handheld)?
I own both and definitely recommend getting another card just for the games you'll want to play on the TV. GameStop has a refurbished 8gb vita memory card for $11.99 (don't know how long that price will last).

I did find the rearraging a bit annoying and decided to buy an extra card. If you have PS+ you can transfer your saves via cloud storage but that's an extra $40-50.

*sigh*

Still no sign of Vita console deals for friday/monday? Unbelievable.
It was pretty much the same last year, but then a few places had random Vita sales in December. I think Target randomly marked the BL2 bundle to $170, but had it full price on BF. Don't despair.

A better person would do more research, I'd rather just slap a question in the Vita thread.

Do you find that it's a pain when you switch the card between devices (with the icon rearranging and such)?

Would it be worth my time to buy a second memory card for the PSTV (I have a 64gb card in the handheld)?
Just get one of those cheap 8 gig cards for the PSTV. I have both systems and an 8gig card in each and I wouldn't want to swap cards for two reasons. First it's just not convenient to fumble around with the tiny cards and the port covers and stuff. Second and more importantly, I have a lot of games on my Vita that I wouldn't want to play on my PSTV and a few games on my PSTV that I prefer the controller and tv for. So I can treat both (to some degree) as completely separate systems.

*sigh*

Still no sign of Vita console deals for friday/monday? Unbelievable.
Why? The console is dead. It isn't an opinion, it's fact. All retailers have put everything on fireale. TRU, target, best buy. Everything is gone.

It's sad, but that's just the case. I own a 1000 at launch and also a white AC Liberation 1000. Sad to see it go, but its time has come and gone.

Why? The console is dead. It isn't an opinion, it's fact. All retailers have put everything on fireale. TRU, target, best buy. Everything is gone.

It's sad, but that's just the case. I own a 1000 at launch and also a white AC Liberation 1000. Sad to see it go, but its time has come and gone.
Frank-Underwood-Eye-roll-GIF.gif

At best you can hope Gamestop repeats Cyber Monday with $20 16GB and $40 32GB cards.

Not sure what that converts to in Bitcoin.

No because it takes a few seconds to put them back where they were.

As for memory. Go buy another memory card if you think youll be playing downloaded games

Finding it hard to resist the troll post... going to stay strong.

Some pre-orders on Amazon are dropping in price by upto 10%.   I noticed the new Earth Defense Force and that next Lego game are lower priced.  No drop on The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel (either version)... but considering how massive that game is I don't mind paying full price for it.

Also those that passed on the Jet.com offers last time around... there's a thread about getting $20 off a $50 order for new customers.

"Use code "NEWTOJET" to get $20 off $50 for first-time customers."

Here's a link to what vita stuff they have.  It's not much but saving $20 could make a 16gig card + Y's MoC about $33 total since it would be free shipping.  Not bad.  I'm just not sure they have much I want on any platform.

Some pre-orders on Amazon are dropping in price by upto 10%. I noticed the new Earth Defense Force and that next Lego game are lower priced. No drop on The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel (either version)... but considering how massive that game is I don't mind paying full price for it.

Also those that passed on the Jet.com offers last time around... there's a thread about getting $20 off a $50 order for new customers.

"Use code "NEWTOJET" to get $20 off $50 for first-time customers."

Here's a link to what vita stuff they have. It's not much but saving $20 could make a 16gig card + Y's MoC about $33 total since it would be free shipping. Not bad. I'm just not sure they have much I want on any platform.
P4 Disco Fever edition is 68.20 - 20 = 48.20 if anyone's interested. Free shipping and no tax in CA

Well, an argument could be made that the Vita's retail presence is not long for this world. As a game platform, it is quite likely that the Vita will persist for at least another few years. As I've pointed out before, as a physical device for accessing and utilizing PSN, the Vita is great. A fully-accessible digital library, paired with the vast majority of PS1 classics and PSP titles makes it a near-ideal means of enjoying PSN's digital offerings.

The continuing hang-up with the Vita is the overpriced memory cards. They continue to be an anchor around its neck.

Personally, I would love to see a revised version of the Vita that simply includes a micro-SD card slot. No other changes, just a micro-SD card slot included as a memory device option. You wouldn't even have to remove the older memory card slot unless you were just desperate to cut costs. A major upgrade to the interface, as well as some improved software support for the PSTV would also be welcome. But a micro-SD card slot alone would drastically improve the Vita platform's viability.

It's wishful thinking though, as Sony hasn't shown much inclination to continue supporting or iterating on the Vita. Which is a real shame. I've gotten plenty of use and enjoyment out of my Vita, and am enjoying playing some of the more appropriate games on my PSTV.

I'd say a good number of the Japanese games coming out right now would probably still be on the PSP if it hadn't finally been discontinued last year in Japan.

I think Japan will have a cheaper 3000 unit come out before everything is said and done, but they've been dropping the ball so much it's not even funny. Sony could have easily tackled the western market last holiday making a Minecraft bundle, but instead opted to make a blue console this year as most retail stores do final clearance on Vita.

I skipped the PSP as at that time was not really gaming much (a lot of college classes taking up time). Now that I have a little bit more time to game, especially mobile, what are the must play games on the PSP that are available on the Vita store?

So far I have bought:

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Jeanne d'Arc

I am in to everything, but prefer action/adventure and RPGs. Any suggestions would be appreciatted!

Has anyone mentioned that Rakuten will have the OG Vita for $150?

I mean, up to you if you want or don't want to spend that much on an OG, but hey, just throwin' it out there.

Source

im a little interested in this, not finding it on their website though, only see white creed bundle and slim version
i figured it out, the "source link" you provided, its a misprint, if you look at the photo the product box is for a slim vita, but it shows an OG one as well, someone screwed up, because its the vita slim thats 149 and isnt much of a deal, its been at that price for awhile now

I own both, but have never done this. However, I remember reading that it works like this:

the first time you put it in the secondary device (pstv) it will 'lose' all memory and you'll need to rearrange... however, it saves pstv and vita arrangement separately, so once you set each up once you're good to go and can switch back and forth easily.

but... as i've never done it, i can't swear to the above. but it would be nice. I know shifting between different carts on the same machine still can cause issues, though they've fixed some of them.

Well, an argument could be made that the Vita's retail presence is not long for this world. As a game platform, it is quite likely that the Vita will persist for at least another few years. As I've pointed out before, as a physical device for accessing and utilizing PSN, the Vita is great. A fully-accessible digital library, paired with the vast majority of PS1 classics and PSP titles makes it a near-ideal means of enjoying PSN's digital offerings.

The continuing hang-up with the Vita is the overpriced memory cards. They continue to be an anchor around its neck.

Personally, I would love to see a revised version of the Vita that simply includes a micro-SD card slot. No other changes, just a micro-SD card slot included as a memory device option. You wouldn't even have to remove the older memory card slot unless you were just desperate to cut costs. A major upgrade to the interface, as well as some improved software support for the PSTV would also be welcome. But a micro-SD card slot alone would drastically improve the Vita platform's viability.

It's wishful thinking though, as Sony hasn't shown much inclination to continue supporting or iterating on the Vita. Which is a real shame. I've gotten plenty of use and enjoyment out of my Vita, and am enjoying playing some of the more appropriate games on my PSTV.
I don't think most people even know about vita, let alone the vita memory pricing issue. The vita faithful already love the device and are willing to buy the cards. Whatever the reasons we've got proprietary cards [my money is on security], we're stuck with them for the duration imo -- it's still a viable marketplace and getting a fair share of games, and opening up the platform to potential piracy just to maybe get a few extra device sales seems unlikely.

and opening up the platform to potential piracy just to maybe get a few extra device sales seems unlikely.
You may be right. Perhaps a version of the Vita/PSTV that came with a certain amount of built-in memory then? (somewhere around 8 - 16 GB) The point is that the digital side of the Vita platform is quite nice, and it's being strangled somewhat by excessively expensive memory cards. If those memory cards were an option, as opposed to a necessity, it would make the platform considerably more appealing to a broader market.

Personally, I don't feel the need for keeping a complete digital collection on one card. I've been able to pick up several Vita memory cards on clearance for much more reasonable prices. I see deals like the current GameStop deal for an 8 GB card for $12 and I am interested. Those are prices I can deal with, and card sizes that I can use.

I really like the small-scale offerings of the Vita platform, and would love to see it continue. I think a little revised marketing from Sony, as well as a bit more developer promotion could give the Vita a shot in the arm. The indie scene has been strong on the Vita, and has been one of my favorite options for quality Vita games.

I've been reading the thread and I hope you guys are right about Freedom Wars and Gamestop. I been checking the stock once or twice a week and it seems like all of the sudden all the copies have disappeared from an 80 mile radius. 

Yeah, I'd love a microsd Vita as much as anyone, but once over the hurdle of buying the 64gb card the memory issue isn't that compelling to me. I mean, I'm dealing with an 8gb card just fine... I can deal with 64. I know my limits and have accepted them for 8, but once I upgrade to a 64gb I'm not ever going to be interested in another memory card upgrade and will probably only ever remove my card to upgrade systems (which seems unlikely). Sort of like back in the PSP days, 16gb was a huge size... I ended up paying around $100 for that puppy and once I had it the thoughts of ever needing another went out the window. I can just manage my downloaded games.

The vita has never had a good presence that I've seen in physical retail form except to some degree at Gamestop. No stores I've been to outside of that have ever had a good library to pick through. Heck the Best Buy stores I've visited have maybe one full short row worth of games spread across two rows of shelves with a bunch of filler items... if I went buy what they had in stock I'd say all of gaming was dead and cell phone gaming was all that existed anymore.

Side note, I got my pre-order in over on Amazon for The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steal. That game is going to be amazing. I still need to grab a copy of SAO Lost Song... but that can wait till after Black Friday.

I've been reading the thread and I hope you guys are right about Freedom Wars and Gamestop. I been checking the stock once or twice a week and it seems like all of the sudden all the copies have disappeared from an 80 mile radius.
I've noticed on the Website from my computer most of the stores in my area suddenly have almost no vita or 3ds games anymore. I think maybe they are doing this to keep people from setting aside games for black friday. The mobile store on my phone though does show stock and every single store in my area currently shows it being in stock new.

I think the biggest Vita security thing was not allowing direct read/write access to the system storage. The strange memory card shape just provided an extra layer of security, so that the first hurdle would be getting access to it.

Something could also be said for Vita memory needing to be optimized for more read/write cycles when playing digital games. Android removed the SD card app installations a while back due to power concerns, but some phone manufacturers hacked it back in to keep selling cheap 4-8GB models. Overall though they just wanted to have a monopoly on storage.

I skipped the PSP as at that time was not really gaming much (a lot of college classes taking up time). Now that I have a little bit more time to game, especially mobile, what are the must play games on the PSP that are available on the Vita store?

So far I have bought:

Jeanne d'Arc

I am in to everything, but prefer action/adventure and RPGs. Any suggestions would be appreciatted!
I loved Jeanne d'arc - great game

Trails in the Sky

Street Fighter Alpha Max 3

Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 (whichever one the 2nd one was)F

Persona 1

Persona 2 IS / EP if you missed the PS1 versions of these

Persona 3 Portable

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth - if you missed PS1 version

FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre - not sure if on PSN

The metal gear psp games were pretty good too

I probably have tons im forgetting since the PSP was a great system but this is off the top of my head.

So far I have bought:

Jeanne d'Arc

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (part two)

Patapon or Patapon 2 (so long as you don't hate rhythm games completely)

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Corpse Party

Corpse Party 2

I could probably go on for awhile.

I'd say a good number of the Japanese games coming out right now would probably still be on the PSP if it hadn't finally been discontinued last year in Japan.

I think Japan will have a cheaper 3000 unit come out before everything is said and done, but they've been dropping the ball so much it's not even funny. Sony could have easily tackled the western market last holiday making a Minecraft bundle, but instead opted to make a blue console this year as most retail stores do final clearance on Vita.
Yeah, Sony over here has their head buried deep to say the least. LOL

At this point, the thing I want most is a 128GB memory card, but it's anyone's guess if it will ever happen. If the Vita continues to do well in Japan, I agree a cheaper unit may show up, and if and when that happens, larger memory may follow suit.

At the end of the day, the best feature the Vita has is being region free(the 3DS would be so much better with this feature), so if the games ever do dry up over here, at least I can play games from anywhere, and the ASIA physical English games are awesome as well.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (part two)

Patapon or Patapon 2 (so long as you don't hate rhythm games completely)

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Corpse Party

Corpse Party 2

I could probably go on for awhile.
I loved Jeanne d'arc - great game

Trails in the Sky

Street Fighter Alpha Max 3

Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 (whichever one the 2nd one was)F

Persona 1

Persona 2 IS / EP if you missed the PS1 versions of these

Persona 3 Portable

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth - if you missed PS1 version

FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre - not sure if on PSN

The metal gear psp games were pretty good too

I probably have tons im forgetting since the PSP was a great system but this is off the top of my head.
Thank you guys. I'll will check these titles out and see waht appeases me the most from them.

Curious what shape your PSTV bundle arrived in. Mine showed up over the weekend and the bundle box looked like it had been used for a warehouse soccer match. Ironically they then packaged this disaster with a million air pillows inside a nice sturdy big shipping box. /sigh

A few of my local stores have the bundle in stock so I'm going to try to swap it out tonight.
Oh I was lucky and they had it in stock @ my local BB, I just ordered it for store pickup at around 1 am Thursday morning and went to go get it later in the afternoon.

Honestly, I'd stay away from Persona 1 and 2. They haven't aged well, and are from the era of "you can't explore because every two steps is a random encounter" days.

So far I have bought:

Jeanne d'Arc

Crisis Core isn't on PSN

A few others

Patapon series is like a mixture of rhythm game and real time strategy.

Corpse Party series

Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins

There are also a lot of great collections on the PSP

The Capcom Classics Collections are pretty good bundles, I prefer the second one as it has all the original ghoul's N' ghosts games.

Metal Slug Anthology

Power Stone Collection

Gradius Collection

Castlevania Dracula X - A remake of Rondo of Blood with an unlockable copy of the original and Symphony of the Night.

What I did when I first bought a PSP GO about 3 years ago was to go through reviews and make a list of the games I was interested in and then bought them as they came on sale. I was able to get about 70% of my wishlist within the first year, most major titles go on sale at least once a year like the annual FF sale around late January.

Thank you guys. I'll will check these titles out and see waht appeases me the most from them.
If you are at all a fan of Castlevania, then Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is a must-buy. It is an excellent re-mastering of Rondo of Blood, and at the same time comes with unlockable versions of the original Rondo of Blood as well as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Sadly, the PSN version doesn't run on the PS TV. But it does work on the standard Vita.

The Hot Shots Golf series is also an easy sell, but the existing Vita title will probably set you up better than the PSP games. (and should be dirt cheap)

If you are at all a fan of Castlevania, then Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is a must-buy. It is an excellent re-mastering of Rondo of Blood, and at the same time comes with unlockable versions of the original Rondo of Blood as well as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Sadly, the PSN version doesn't run on the PS TV. But it does work on the standard Vita.

The Hot Shots Golf series is also an easy sell, but the existing Vita title will probably set you up better than the PSP games. (and should be dirt cheap)
I have the Vita Hot Shots and love it. I wish they would make a PS4 version of Hot Shots but that is a different talk all together...

Crisis Core isn't on PSN

A few others

Patapon series is like a mixture of rhythm game and real time strategy.

Corpse Party series

Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins

There are also a lot of great collections on the PSP

The Capcom Classics Collections are pretty good bundles, I prefer the second one as it has all the original ghoul's N' ghosts games.

Metal Slug Anthology

Power Stone Collection

Gradius Collection

Castlevania Dracula X - A remake of Rondo of Blood with an unlockable copy of the original and Symphony of the Night.

What I did when I first bought a PSP GO about 3 years ago was to go through reviews and make a list of the games I was interested in and then bought them as they came on sale. I was able to get about 70% of my wishlist within the first year, most major titles go on sale at least once a year like the annual FF sale around late January.
I loved Power Stone on the Dreamcast so I might grab that. Thanks for the heads up!

For me it's hard to talk about the PSP without mentioning GTA Vice City Stories (still my favorite GTA game) & Burnout Legends (easily my favorite Burnout game and one of my all time favorite racing games).   There are other games to mention but many folks have already covered those.

Oddly I just noticed GTA LCS isn't on the store for sale anymore.  I'm sure I bought it back during a sale so I should be fine... still... weird.  I wonder why it got pulled when the PS2 version is still on there?

I'm tempted to jump on the $20 PSTV & the $11 refurb memory card. I don't have a vita but this would allow me to play some vita games so might be a good buy.

I say do it if you already have PS+ so you can play all them free vita games.
My PS+ expired awhile ago but since I just bought a PS4 two weeks ago I'm picking up another subscription. I "purchased" many of the free vita games during my initial ps+ so I should have a good library.

My PS+ expired awhile ago but since I just bought a PS4 two weeks ago I'm picking up another subscription. I "purchased" many of the free vita games during my initial ps+ so I should have a good library.
Then it's definitely worth getting because you're getting at least two games a month for the Vita even if you don't buy anything else.

For me it's hard to talk about the PSP without mentioning GTA Vice City Stories (still my favorite GTA game) & Burnout Legends (easily my favorite Burnout game and one of my all time favorite racing games). There are other games to mention but many folks have already covered those.

Oddly I just noticed GTA LCS isn't on the store for sale anymore. I'm sure I bought it back during a sale so I should be fine... still... weird. I wonder why it got pulled when the PS2 version is still on there?
Liberty City Stories was one of the first game exploits ever for PSP. Maybe they took it out to be safe?

I stopped by a Gamestop today (for something else they didn't have) and they had one Freedom Wars marked new, but I don't feel like running to the mall on Friday to get it.

Liberty City Stories was one of the first game exploits ever for PSP. Maybe they took it out to be safe?
Well they gave it out on PS+ two years ago so it's not like they didn't want people to have it. My guess is that, like most games that quietly disappear, there was a license associated with it that expired.

I stopped by a Gamestop today (for something else they didn't have) and they had one Freedom Wars marked new, but I don't feel like running to the mall on Friday to get it.
Doesn't mean they won't get more or already have more in the back for the sale.

Indeed. The stores should all have their BF stock at this point and is held in the back under threat of having to work at GS for another 20 years.

Freedom Wars is $8 at Best Buy right now with GCU. "Shopping around" for it in physical stores is likely to blow the price difference in gas alone, unless that is you are at Gamestop all the darn time for other things anyways... which is weird ;)

Honestly, I'd stay away from Persona 1 and 2. They haven't aged well, and are from the era of "you can't explore because every two steps is a random encounter" days.
Funny enough I am playing those two to clear my PSP backlog. I agree. I can't understand the SMT snobbery I've been seeing lately. I limped through P1. Penis monster or not, I couldn't imagine trying to slog through the Snow Queen quest. I'm having a much better time with P2IS though.

I'd have to say 3&4 are probably superior in nearly all aspects. I'd recommend just sticking to P3P.

Exactly my point, thank you.

It's amusing that someone would incline I'm a troll, a day one vita owner, who also owns a second console. Then the dozens and dozens of games, limited editions direct from developers, oh yeah and imports too.

When every major retailer drops support for a major console, it's a death blow. Even Sony said there are no first party on the horizon.

But yeah, I'm trolling hard apparently amirite?

bread's done
Back