PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
that's weird I did a google search for vita 8gb cards and a toys r us thing popped up for $0.03 cents  think this is legit? 

12310503_1001050179956108_1016137811253370372_n.jpg

Guess, I'm going to return the used FFX-2 and get a new copy instead.
If it has the redemption card in it, give it a try first. If it's good, then no issue. If not, then yeah return and buy new. It's $20 new if you can find a walmart that has it. GS I think also sold it $20 new. Sometimes Amazon has it that price as well. I got mine at a local walmart.

that's weird I did a google search for vita 8gb cards and a toys r us thing popped up for $0.03 cents think this is legit?
Haha and they say the vita's memory cards are overpriced.

You can get 64gb for $0.24 cents!

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="13054962" timestamp="1448479313"]

Finally got Operation Abyss from BBY and unsurprisingly it was in a bubble mailer and squished. Oh well.[/quote
How much? I bought it for $20 with Soundtrack from gamefly. Outer box was squished. Didn't really like the game honestly.

I've checked my local gamestop and sadly none of them had any good stuff in the used vita section.  I'm probably going to pass on this sale.

Moe Chronicle for $29.99 over at PlayAsia

http://www.play-asia.com/moe-chronicle-chinese-english-sub/13/708k51

P_20151125_040219_1.jpg
Orange Master Race!
damnit. Was going to snag an extra copy of that game =P looks like the sale didn't last long at all

Too bad, I've been waiting for a sale on that. Probably better to wait for Moe Crystal anyway.
what is Moe Crystal?

I'll admit I'm a complete noob at anime and turn based games. Since the vitas life is now JRPG, anyone got any recommendation for a newb? I've played most of persona 4 and older games like Skies of Arcadia. However when I look at videos and screen shots now, the games are riddled with huge breast teenage looking girls, it's and instant turn off.

Any suggestions?
I hear Monobeno pure smile, or Monster Monopiece are pretty good jumping off points....

The Sorcery Saga LE is on sale for $30 on Amazon and Aksys' store in case anyone is having a baby.

Muramasa's $20, TTGH $20, XBlaze:LM $30 (it shows it, but I can't find it), Code Embryo $20, and is BB:CPE $25 on their store too.
Rats. Thought this was on Amazon. I was going to snag a copy of Muramasa for my niece

Shipping on the Deemo Limited Edition was corrected, it is now $9.99 for me. They must have fixed the box dimensions in their system. I had sent them an email about it and it was corrected this morning when I added it to cart again. Total was a $79.97
Do you know whats actually in the LE or did you just throw money down on a LE you know nothing about?

I had to return my Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation to best buy due to a bad cart. I opened the plastic in store in front of the employee to test it. the employee seemed to appreciate that, possibly sarcastically.
I dont get why so many of you were so concerned over opening it in store. It really doesn't matter. If the carts defective you can return it. Should be no issue at all

So... I learned this the hard way with PSP games.

Assume you're getting two $15 games and a $10. On B2G1, you'd get the $10 game free. If they apply your $10 certificate to one of the $15 games, the system will recalculate and give you the (now $5) game free. So instead of paying $30 for $40 of games, you'll pay $25.

I was fortunate in that the GS employee stopped me before I paid because he noticed what had happened. Tried to get his manager to push it through so that I got the discount on the higher priced game and still got the (now middle) game free, but he refused because "That's not how this is meant to work".

Edit: Changed from $35 to $25 because I can't math.
Thanks for the response! I'm glad I didn't attempt that then.

Do you know whats actually in the LE or did you just throw money down on a LE you know nothing about?
I threw money at an LE I know nothing about. Why? Because while we may be getting quite a few english language releases now, this is the first one that has a limited edition. When they reveal what is in it I will make a final decision as to whether or not I want it. I'd rather secure it now and cancel later than wait and risk it selling out.

Haha and they say the vita's memory cards are overpriced.

You can get 64gb for $0.24 cents!
is there a link for this?!

I tried typing in the exact phrase "8GB memory card for Playstation Vita" nothing like that came up, and the Usa stores never had the 64GB cards, so that for $0.24 is CRAZY. and I looked on TRU store page and the cards are not listed.

I tried typing in the exact phrase "8GB memory card for Playstation Vita" nothing like that came up, and the Usa stores never had the 64GB cards, so that for $0.24 is CRAZY. and I looked on TRU store page and the cards are not listed.
Now that I look at it, he just multiplied 8gb x 8 = 64
.03 x 8 = .24
$0.24 64gb... Or not

It was never done to subsidize the price of the vita. When it came out hardware cost was $156 if I remember correctly. So they were pretty much Selling a machine at cost after r&d etc.
Well, first, you're wrong about the price as others have proven.

Second, even if it was 'break even' or slightly profitable, that doesn't mean that something isn't subsidizing something else. If I'm selling apples at cost I can still subsidize via the price of peantu butter.

The excuse about the memory card security is overblown. If there was a big market for the vita then they would have made a clone card.
It sounds like you don't understand what the security issues are, then. Nobody is talking about the security related to cloning cards. People are talking about the fact that if you use an SD card, any PC can read and edit all files on said card. This allows for all sorts of attack vectors - stack overflows in save files, etc.

It's not 'an excuse'. It's basic computer security. Your lack of knowledge on the subject doesn't change that. Using a proprietary card adds an extremely high level of security to the Vita -- that much is undeniable to anyone who has any inkling of the subject. Does it make it impenetrable? No. But security is, and always will be, about limiting attack vectors, not necessarily eliminating every single one [which is impossible].

Everything about the way vita handles files -- from the Content Manager, to proprietary cards, to saves being part of bubbles, absolutely screams 'security'... and that also makes sense given the state of PSP piracy. It's not exactly going out on a limb saying the proprietary card was used for security reasons, it's pretty much a given.

The vita is only alive because of Japan. No other reason, indies are not what's keeping the machine alive at all. If jap developers stopped making vita games then the vita would have died already.
People making games don't keep a system alive. People buying games do. It's a combination of indies and localizations helping keep it afloat. Nobody is arguing it's doing well.

Sadly the GS that had the three games I wanted was a bust. Akiba's and Ragnarok were cart only and the Ys looked like someone had spilled water on the cover, ruining the sleeve insert.

I'm not too heartbroken because each game is $20 except Akiba's on Amazon which is $22 so not like they are rare games by any stretch. Plus I'm sitting on a backlog of 15+ games on the Vita with classics like P4G and Tales of Hearts R to jump into.

Scored nine complete, good to excellent condition, Vita games at just two of my local GameStop locations this evening after work. Had a third location I wanted to hit up, but it is near a store I want to shop at on Black Friday, so decided to wait on hitting it up.:

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends: Complete Edition

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition

Lego: Jurassic World

Lego: Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

The Amazing Spider-Man

XBlaze Code: Embryo

Passed on a couple of the stupidly high price used Vita titles as I couldn't bring myself to paying nearly $80 for just three used games that could potentially be had new on clearance for the same or even less money.

And when the sale went live after midnight EST last night I ordered three used one-thousand series Vita's to gift to a niece and two nephews. Financially devastating to do that ($300 + tax), but this was something that had been in planning to do for them since February, long before I went jobless for five months mid-year, couldn't back out on the plan this late in the proverbial game.

Well, first, you're wrong about the price as others have proven.
Second, even if it was 'break even' or slightly profitable, that doesn't mean that something isn't subsidizing something else. If I'm selling apples at cost I can still subsidize via the price of peantu butter.

It sounds like you don't understand what the security issues are, then. Nobody is talking about the security related to cloning cards. People are talking about the fact that if you use an SD card, any PC can read and edit all files on said card. This allows for all sorts of attack vectors - stack overflows in save files, etc.

It's not 'an excuse'. It's basic computer security. Your lack of knowledge on the subject doesn't change that. Using a proprietary card adds an extremely high level of security to the Vita -- that much is undeniable to anyone who has any inkling of the subject. Does it make it impenetrable? No. But security is, and always will be, about limiting attack vectors, not necessarily eliminating every single one [which is impossible].

Everything about the way vita handles files -- from the Content Manager, to proprietary cards, to saves being part of bubbles, absolutely screams 'security'... and that also makes sense given the state of PSP piracy. It's not exactly going out on a limb saying the proprietary card was used for security reasons, it's pretty much a given.

People making games don't keep a system alive. People buying games do. It's a combination of indies and localizations helping keep it afloat. Nobody is arguing it's doing well.
Who has proven it here?

You don't get how clone production business works. There is a big difference between the home brew hackers and clone card businesses like r4 that base things on how many they can sell. Not using standard sd cards just for "security" is the excuse not the reason; especially for charging 3-4x value.

Indies are not keeping the vita alive. Show me numbers if true. Japan is keeping the vita alive, sales of Japanese games and hardware are what's keeping the system alive. Indie games have a very low profitability margin for Sony to make a difference imho

http://www.play-asia.com/genkai-tokki-moero-crystal-english-chinese/13/7097nl

It's the sequel to Moe Chronicle. Supposedly fixes some game design issues from the first game, but I don't remember the details.
Huh. Interesting. Is it an actual sequel, or just kinda a 'complete' version. Like Soul Sacrifice Delta or something.

I threw money at an LE I know nothing about. Why? Because while we may be getting quite a few english language releases now, this is the first one that has a limited edition. When they reveal what is in it I will make a final decision as to whether or not I want it. I'd rather secure it now and cancel later than wait and risk it selling out.
Ah. I was just curious if you happened to nkow what was in the LE since theres no real info on it.

For people who missed out on the BB $20 PSTV, I was able to price match at Target late Wednesday night. It was the second Target I tried. First one looked it up (they were always the more by the books Target) and multiple employees pointed out that it was out of stock. Drove literally 3 minutes to another Target, where the Electronics team member mentioned that they had no stock on the Vita and PSTV for a long while, and suddenly restocked both maybe a day or two ago (he mentioned it might have been for the Cartwheel promo). Anyway, this time I pulled out a print of the BB page I made  a couple hours ago, when it had changed to "Add to Cart" for a bit (but when added, only let you pickup in store). The CS guy didn't look it up himself and just called a manager for override. Both seemed surprised at the difference but never questioned it. Actually, only question was if this was a BF deal. I said that it had been up for 3 days or more and he took my word for it. Huge YMMV, and they don't price match from Thanksgiving through the following Monday, so you'll have to hope for stock and the BB price staying the same.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

It's a shame that Gamestop's prices on refurbished Vita memory cards are so ridiculous (except for the 8GB) because they do qualify for the B2G1, and if the prices for the bigger cards were actually reasonable, it actually may have been worthwhile to use the promo. Why the hell is a used 64GB card $129.99 when you can easily find a new one in the $80-100 range? 

Oh yeah, English trophies were found for Net High yesterday. Hopefully I'll be able to quit bugging Xseed about it pretty soon. That game looks so damn good.

Sorry, I was just making a dumb joke. I should have thought about where I was before saying that, since you guys seem to actually find crazy deals like that.

I stopped by Gamestop yesterday. They only have a small, single shelf for Vita games so I wasn't expecting much from this sale. I did manage to pick up a few games. 

Lego Jurassic World

Lego Marvel Heroes

Little Big Planet

Not much, but I'm slowly moving towards completion of physical releases so I"m happy with that. 

steins gate el psy kongroo US edition is back in stock at rice digital. has been OOS since its release pretty much, so grab it while you can.

also UK release looks like it is 50% off.

went ahead andpaid the full amount for the us version since this is the only place you can get the limited edition.

amazon only has the standard edition

I had to return my Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation to best buy due to a bad cart. I opened the plastic in store in front of the employee to test it. the employee seemed to appreciate that, possibly sarcastically.
about to purchase my 3rd copy (from Amazon). If this one turns up defective, is there any store that sells guaranteed working copies?

steins gate el psy kongroo US edition is back in stock at rice digital. has been OOS since its release pretty much, so grab it while you can.

went ahead andpaid the full amount for the us version since this is the only place you can get the limited edition.

Rice Digital actually has other LE's on sale too. I think the BB:CPE Chibi Edition one is only $37. They should have the LE's for P4:DAN and Blood Drive on sale too.

I'm on a mobile connection and it won't really load for me though, so I couldn't tell you the price.

damn! i just bought the european edition like 20 days ago! think i can get some partial refund?

There doesn't seem to be a significant difference between the UK & US versions of the CE, so I think I'd opt to get the UK version since it's half the price.

Rice Digital actually has other LE's on sale too. I think the BB:CPE Chibi Edition one is only $37. They should have the LE's for P4:DAN and Blood Drive on sale too.

I'm on a mobile connection and it won't really load for me though, so I couldn't tell you the price.
This sounds good but is the story mode still dlc for UK version?

Some good Vita prices in the PSN BF sale including Hyperdimension Rebirth 3 for $12 (guaranteed non-defective, lol), Hyperdimension Action Unleashed for $12, J-Stars Victory VS+ for $12, and SAO Hollow Fragment for $10.

And mysteriously not Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess, despite it being on sale for PS3 and PS4 and the Vita being the system I want it on SO SALTY.

Glad I passed on Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed from BB, going to grab it from flash sale for $10.80 after 10%. Saves me $8.xx. 

Way better sale for vita than PS4, which is a rarity. I have some 20% codes from UC Collection bundles, which makes everything more tempting.

Definitely JStars and Hotline Miami 2 and Hatoful Boyfriend.

bread's done
Back