PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think that the P4:DAN LE price will drop anytime soon? And is the carrying case good protection for the Vita slim? I need a case for my Vita, and was thinking of just buying this with GCU to kill two birds with one stone.
The pouch is quite a bit bigger than the vita itself so it can still move around. If you have a soft case or something already, you can put that inside the P4 pouch along with any games and accessories you want to carry around

Is the Persona case big enough to hold a vita with those trigger grips out of Japan? Sounds like I won't want to take them off often so I need a bigger case.

Is the Persona case big enough to hold a vita with those trigger grips out of Japan? Sounds like I won't want to take them off often so I need a bigger case.
I don't know how much added bulk that is, but my N3DSXL & Vita both fit in the pouch at the same time.

Anyone think that the P4:DAN LE price will drop anytime soon? And is the carrying case good protection for the Vita slim? I need a case for my Vita, and was thinking of just buying this with GCU to kill two birds with one stone.
The Insignia vault case from bestbuy goes to $5 on occasion. It's really sturdy but it's also xbox huge so forget about putting it in your pocket. Get the Blue if you have a 2000.

I don't know about Operation Abyss. I'm not a fan of 12 year olds in bikinis, regardless of their age being changed to 17 for a US release. USgamer says its a pretty old school dungeon crawler, even more archaic than Etrian Odyssey.
How is Etrian Odyssey archaic? The gameplay in 4 (only one I've played) was solid.

I've seen this chart tossed around a good bit on the web. I'm relatively new to the genre as well, and Demon Gaze was recommended to me for my first. It's definitely enjoyable, and not super difficult or complicated. It definitely feels like a good way to get into the genre.
p3p and p4 are good dungeon crawlers.

I don't know about Operation Abyss. I'm not a fan of 12 year olds in bikinis, regardless of their age being changed to 17 for a US release. USgamer says its a pretty old school dungeon crawler, even more archaic than Etrian Odyssey.
I honestly don't remember any fanservice whatsoever in Operation Abyss.

OH. Wait. Yes, in one scene some NPCs fake being idols to get into a tv station and they dress in swimsuits.

They should have just broken in.

Timber_TV_Station.jpg

Corps Party dropped another $0.05 to $39.40

So keep an eye on it... if no one buys it, it could keep dropping and be $30 soon enough.

I don't know enough about how Amazon reduces stuff yet (seems like it's somewhat automated), but this seems to be following the same pattern HyperDevotion Noir, PersonaQ Premium (currently $35.26) and other games (like Akiba's Trip) have gone through recently.  Also of note P4DAN Standard Edition is now down to $39.10.  Another odd amount... I'll keep an eye on it and see what the trend is tomorrow.

I see Corpse Party pretty much everywhere. All the Gamestops, Best Buys, and Play N Trades around me have multiple sealed copies. I think what they should've done with the Everafter Edition was include the first two games for people to catch up and get the whole story. Even if they were PSN codes and not on the game card. Or sell the idea and expand on the included art book to get across the key plot points.

I heard it was kinda tedious. Is it that bad?
To be fair, I've only played the demos--both on 3DS and Vita (they showcase different parts of the game).

That said, in my experience, it wants so bad to be a pervy Persona, but it has none of the competence or charm. Even the pervy parts are just uncomfortable instead of funny or titillating. The relationship building feels simultaneously mechanical, underwhelming, and unpredictable--in that way that the characters' responses to your choices make no sense whatever, and even their reactions don't necessarily seem to correspond to the resulting change in your relationship.

The writing and cast are similarly lifeless, and dungeon exploration, despite its desperate attempt to ape Persona 3's, is somehow even more tedious than that game's. The plot progression makes no sense, the main cast make asininely stupid decisions that we're expected to agree with, and the silent protagonist is an unlikeably blatant mary sue with no redeeming characteristics because he's kept as bland as possible.

It's almost amusingly bad, but not even quite that.

Conception 2 is suckingly average. Very easy to play and boring overall. The relationship building is ultra standard, doesn't surprise and also repeats. Dungeons all look similar and well it's just not very fun to play. If you need an RPG to play it will suffice, but it's worth about $5 or so at most. Too many better games are out there now.....just not worth it.

Hey guys, P4DAN: LE is dropped to $62 on Amazon, which is even cheaper than Best Buy with GCU. Anyone think that's a good price? Or should I wait even longer?

It was probably still better to get Disco Fever at launch (with GCU), because of the free DLC in the first month. With that and the DLC that's already included in the bundle, it's really not a bad deal.

It was probably still better to get Disco Fever at launch (with GCU), because of the free DLC in the first month. With that and the DLC that's already included in the bundle, it's really not a bad deal.
You didn't need to purchase the game to redeem the free DLC that month.

Hey guys, P4DAN: LE is dropped to $62 on Amazon, which is even cheaper than Best Buy with GCU. Anyone think that's a good price? Or should I wait even longer?
Wait.

Whoa, I think an earlier poster who said that it's an automated decrease in price is right. It's dropping approximately like 6 cents per 23 minutes. Maybe there's a formula to it or something.

This stuff happens a lot with old CE guides though, and once it passes a certain threshold, it doesn't slowly go back up, but rather spikes in price back to possibly MSRP.

If you have Chase, I think there is some kind of promo going on where if you use your Chase points to shop on Amazon you get 10 dollars back. I just read about this and researching this now. Might grab a Vita game if true.

It wasn't part of any specific sale, I don't think. It was just on sale. When I hit the webstore I just looked at all games on sale and it was among that main group. I rarely use the actual store on my sony consoles and it's mainly to go download something I already bought.
yea, but usually when you go to the ' everything on sale' page stuff like that shows up. It didn't this time. Weird. I guess i better make sure to check the PSN thread every week

Has anyone seen the aqua blue Vitas at their local BB? Some people mentioned seeing them, just wondered if they're common or not.
I was one of the people who saw it when they had the displays up, but when i was in BBY last week there were no more on the shelf.

If you have Chase, I think there is some kind of promo going on where if you use your Chase points to shop on Amazon you get 10 dollars back. I just read about this and researching this now. Might grab a Vita game if true.
I think that's the promo where you can get 10% cash back instead of the usual 5% cash back that Chase has with Amazon.

I will be getting a Vita for Christmas and I was wondering if any of you suggest getting a screen protector for it? I'm looking at the Hori because I've had good experience with their PSP and DS Lite ones.

I will be getting a Vita for Christmas and I was wondering if any of you suggest getting a screen protector for it? I'm looking at the Hori because I've had good experience with their PSP and DS Lite ones.
Hori is very easy to apply, but not as durable as others.

i found conception 2 decent, much like your typical anime harem. The protagonist is simple, and the girls are all different anime moe stereotypes.
The story is straight forward as you are the one chosen to save the world.
You can strengthen bonds with all the different girls and get rewarded with funny or fanservice events & art, along with stronger traits for your little minion partners.
Classmating is fun as you experiment mixing girls to get different minion partners & stats.
Battling is simple and you don't need to grind at all.
My only negative is that the optional dungeons are boring since the game requires no grind.

I'd recommend it to someone who wants a simple & short Persona clone or a fan of Harem Anime shows.

Whoa, I think an earlier poster who said that it's an automated decrease in price is right. It's dropping approximately like 6 cents per 23 minutes. Maybe there's a formula to it or something.

This stuff happens a lot with old CE guides though, and once it passes a certain threshold, it doesn't slowly go back up, but rather spikes in price back to possibly MSRP.
Yeah, that was me sharing my theory about how Amazon seems to drop prices. Pulling up the prices this morning and...

Corpse Party went from $39.40 to $37.97

Persona Q Premium from $35.26 to $33.97

P4Dan from $39.10 to $39.10

P4Dan Disco Fever Ed from $62.61 to $60.52

I'm guessing the standard P4Dan must have sold some copies to stagnate at $39.10... but it could be that was the threshold for the drop.

Every other game dropped ~$2 over the same 18 hour period and is still dropping (as several prices changed while typing this).

The main thing is not to rush in till the bottom drops out or you hit the pricepoint you are fine with. For me, $16 seemed fine for HyperDevotion Noire... but then even after I bought it and it started to go up it then started dropping again till it went under $15.

i'll jump in to offer a different option. Glass.

http://www.amazon.com/Coromose-Compact-Tempered-Protector-PlayStation/dp/B00T5J7EFQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1449756553&sr=8-5

This is great. Cleans easy, feels like you are just using the vita's glass screen instead of some plastic cover.
Having used a glass one on my phone for the first time after hating screen protectors forever I will never, ever go back to a film one. It actually feels touching the screen instead of a screen protector.

http://www.amazon.com/Coromose-Compact-Tempered-Protector-PlayStation/dp/B00T5J7EFQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1449756553&sr=8-5

This is great. Cleans easy, feels like you are just using the vita's glass screen instead of some plastic cover.
Whoa. How come I've never heard of this? That's awfully tempting, especially since I'm stalling on moving on from my Crystal White OLED to the Black LCD I've had sitting around for a while. This would be one heck of an incentive.

WOW, this seems pretty cool. The protector I currently have in place is perfect, and doesn't cause or appear to have any issues, but if it ever needs replacing, I'll for sure give this one a go.

How reckless and/or dirty are you people? I don't have screen protector on any of my devices, and the screens are still clean and perfect.

How reckless and/or dirty are you people? I don't have screen protector on any of my devices, and the screens are still clean and perfect.
I don't bother on my gaming stuff but reluctantly have one on my phone just because it gets exposed to so many more things.

bread's done
Back