PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a lot of people have dedicated cases, screen protectors, and other solutions.   I'm a CAG though.  I will go out of my way to find an alternate solution to spending more money on something.  I had a leather travel bag used for taking soap, shampoo, deodorant, shaver... etc on trips that I maybe used 3 times over the past 5+ years.  It has two main zippered compartments.  I keep my vita in one of them with the screen facing the center of the bag.  One of my kids got a felt bag thing for their 3DS (probably bundled in with something) and they never used it so I decided to use that for holding the system to further protect it.   My system still looks like new and I spent $0 extra in the process.

I think as long as you are mindful of what you are doing it's pretty easy to have a mint system without screen protectors.

Has anyone played Persona 3 on their Vita after they played Persona 4 Golden? I'm wondering if I'll be able to enjoy P3 after the masterpiece experience of P4G. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone played Persona 3 on their Vita after they played Persona 4 Golden? I'm wondering if I'll be able to enjoy P3 after the masterpiece experience of P4G. Thanks in advance!
I have. You'll miss having the animated cutscenes for special events and lament the lack of a guard option., but, if you're like me, you'll like the faster travel due to the cursor navigation . All in all, I think you'll still like P3P.

P4G immediately leapt into my top 10 of all time upon finishing it, so I tried out P3P about two months later... I got nearly 10 hours into it and just had to decide it wasn't hooking me and gave up on it.

A bit late on the screen protector discussion, but I swear by the official Sony ones they made back when Vita first released.

I have only had to use 2. One for my Phat Vita, and one for my Slim. And it still looks good as new. I even used one for the top screen of the New 3DS XL since they are the same size basically lol.

Checklist and Directory updated.: http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/collect/index.html

Don't know if you guys heard about it, but yesterday Google closed Marvelous's (Japan Division) YouTube channel because of the kiss scene trailer for the now released (in Japan) Vita game Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni. Seems they got Google to re-instate them and had to re-upload all trailers posted since that one, save they were not allowed to re-upload that specific one. There irnoy to me regarding this is there is far more obscene content on YouTube that Google never messes with, but seems so obvious that they went out of their way to mess with Marvelous simply because they are an actual company.

At this moment, someone has re-uploaded the trailer in question, only in low res, but still. Just goes to show Google went out of their way to harass Marvelous. Also couldn;t help but notice that SiliconEra deleted their article where said trailer was announced. Seems like censorship beyond reasoning to me.

My copy of EDF2 arrived today, hooray!

Having used a glass one on my phone for the first time after hating screen protectors forever I will never, ever go back to a film one. It actually feels touching the screen instead of a screen protector.
I did the same thing, got one for my iPhone on a whim and can't go back now.
My 1000 vita came with a protector on it already, but when I picked up a 2000 I started looking for anyone that made glass.

I put screen protectors on all of my mobile systems, especially those that have touchscreens. I've seen what can happen to DS systems that don't have screen protrectors, and I'm not getting undesirable scratches on my pricey video game hardware. I just had to specifically order screen protectors for the New 3DS Animal Crossing bundle that I picked up. Since that particular model is so rare in the U.S., almost no retail stores carry screen protectors for it. (just the New 3DS XL) So I had to go on amazon and get one specifically sized for the standard New 3DS.

Noticed that Dengeki Bunko is on sale on Amazon today. Kind of tempted, I do like 2D anime fighters.

I rarely ever put protectors on the touch screen for DS's. All the ones I have tried are always slightly smaller than it, and it just drives me insane that dust and particles kind of gather there.

The only ones I put them on were my Pikachu XL and my Monster Hunter New 3DS. I didnt put any touch screen protectors on my Animal Crossing one I use now.

Yeah, that was me sharing my theory about how Amazon seems to drop prices. Pulling up the prices this morning and...

Corpse Party went from $39.40 to $37.97

Persona Q Premium from $35.26 to $33.97

P4Dan from $39.10 to $39.10

P4Dan Disco Fever Ed from $62.61 to $60.52

I'm guessing the standard P4Dan must have sold some copies to stagnate at $39.10... but it could be that was the threshold for the drop.

Every other game dropped ~$2 over the same 18 hour period and is still dropping (as several prices changed while typing this).

The main thing is not to rush in till the bottom drops out or you hit the pricepoint you are fine with. For me, $16 seemed fine for HyperDevotion Noire... but then even after I bought it and it started to go up it then started dropping again till it went under $15.
P4DAN LE now $59.99, you think that it would stay at that benchmark price or continue this downward trend?

Looks like it's still going down, 59.82 as of this posting. Does Amazon have price guarantee if it drops further? Safe to buy? Or should I go with the 35 dollar digital version on psn?

Checklist and Directory updated.: http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/collect/index.html

Don't know if you guys heard about it, but yesterday Google closed Marvelous's (Japan Division) YouTube channel because of the kiss scene trailer for the now released (in Japan) Vita game Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni. Seems they got Google to re-instate them and had to re-upload all trailers posted since that one, save they were not allowed to re-upload that specific one. There irnoy to me regarding this is there is far more obscene content on YouTube that Google never messes with, but seems so obvious that they went out of their way to mess with Marvelous simply because they are an actual company.

At this moment, someone has re-uploaded the trailer in question, only in low res, but still. Just goes to show Google went out of their way to harass Marvelous. Also couldn;t help but notice that SiliconEra deleted their article where said trailer was announced. Seems like censorship beyond reasoning to me.
If it's just the trailer that is censored then that's no biggie. Still doubtful that it's going to come to America but the anime is so who knows.

I always get Hori for my stuff. Athough Im not sure what brand the protector on my vita is (got it used and it came with it).

I've used Hori since the DS. I think Hori made some glass ones. Since I have another vita come so it's off to order another Hori

Regarding Amazon price drops by the penny, The Walking Dead Season 2 on Vita has been steadily dropping for days. It was near $9 but it's currently at $6.67.

Meanwhile the 16GB Vita memory card dropped to $30.28 at Amazon today. No idea if that will last more than a few hours. It's been $39.99 for the past few days. I'm trying to convince myself to get it as I only have an 8GB thus far.

I always get Hori for my stuff. Athough Im not sure what brand the protector on my vita is (got it used and it came with it).

I've used Hori since the DS. I think Hori made some glass ones. Since I have another vita come so it's off to order another Hori
Hori are worth it. I love the 3DS ones I use.

Regarding Amazon price drops by the penny, The Walking Dead Season 2 on Vita has been steadily dropping for days. It was near $9 but it's currently at $6.67.

Meanwhile the 16GB Vita memory card dropped to $30.28 at Amazon today. No idea if that will last more than a few hours. It's been $39.99 for the past few days. I'm trying to convince myself to get it as I only have an 8GB thus far.
Don't bother with the 16gb, you'll regret it if you do. At that price, it's the equivalent of $120 for 64gb total storage, whereas the 64gb costs around $80 by itself.

Not worth the hassle of swapping memory cards, just pony up $80 for a 64gb and you'll be good for a while. And I speak from experience, I have one of each: 4gb, 8gb, 16gb, 32gb (2x), and finally got a 64gb. One of my 32gb cards is in my PSTV, the other is in my backup Vita, and the 64gb is in my main Vita.

this game is pretty decent on the vita. Occasional frame skips, and the typical shit to expect from TellTale games, but for $6 I don't think it was too terrible.

I finally got around to playing Sword Art Online and the game is really boring. I'm trying to like it but it's just not holding my attention. Also the game lags a lot while walking around the town if there are too many NPC near you.

I finally got around to playing Sword Art Online and the game is really boring. I'm trying to like it but it's just not holding my attention. Also the game lags a lot while walking around the town if there are too many NPC near you.
Lost Song? I'm playing it on PS4 and it's probably the worst game I can't help but enjoy even as I wish it was better. So much of it would barely have been passable as early gen PS3, the combat is bland and repetitive, the story is a worse telling of what happened in the second season of the anime, dungeons are all the same and it's just run between dungeons, and the progression feels non existent. And yet I keep playing it while wishing I had played Zestiria instead.

I don't have any screen protectors on my electronics but I really should. I just clean them with some of that screen cleaner spray and glasses cloth every once in awhile. But it's pretty scary thinking I might drop it or put something sharp on top of it and leave an irremovable scar.

Lost Song? I'm playing it on PS4 and it's probably the worst game I can't help but enjoy even as I wish it was better. So much of it would barely have been passable as early gen PS3, the combat is bland and repetitive, the story is a worse telling of what happened in the second season of the anime, dungeons are all the same and it's just run between dungeons, and the progression feels non existent. And yet I keep playing it while wishing I had played Zestiria instead.
Here we go again.

I've imported the Matte Blue Hori Premium Screen Protector (which is really hard to find now)for all of my VITAs.

Anti Glare, Anti Fingerprint & Anti Scratches? SOLD!

Same thing for my 3DS & N3DSXL's except it's not the same quality, just the regular type but still placed it before i even turned the machine on.

Are the SAO games worth playing if the only reason you watched SAO is because of Asuna. Like the second arc was difficult to get through since she was such a small part of it, so is it going to be like that, or is she going to be playable/party member? I'd buy the game if it was just a marriage sim with Kirito and Asuna. Highly doubt it's anywhere close to that though.

A bit late on the screen protector discussion, but I swear by the official Sony ones they made back when Vita first released.

I have only had to use 2. One for my Phat Vita, and one for my Slim. And it still looks good as new. I even used one for the top screen of the New 3DS XL since they are the same size basically lol.

While i usually stand behind Hori. Their DS screen protectors were the best. I actually didnt like their vita ones. They cover more than just the screen which is annoying. I agree that the official Sony ones were the best

Here we go again.
mout.gif

Are the SAO games worth playing if the only reason you watched SAO is because of Asuna. Like the second arc was difficult to get through since she was such a small part of it, so is it going to be like that, or is she going to be playable/party member? I'd buy the game if it was just a marriage sim with Kirito and Asuna. Highly doubt it's anywhere close to that though.
For Hollow Fragment, she can be your party member for the entire game with the exception of the Hollow Area storyline. In Lost Song, she is playable.

I'm playing Hollow Fragment. I picked it up when it was $10 on PSN thinking it would be a pretty good game but so far it is incredibly boring.

Many thought 15 would be the lowest but that was proven wrong. It can go lower
yea i know that lol but what probably the lowest it could go? not that much i dont think right? it just cause i want the lowest price but at same time dont want it to shoot back up in price again lol

Anyone tried playing Bastion on the vita? I was debating if i wanted to play it on PS4 of Vita. Im playing so many console games right now i figure i may finish it faster on the portable but i heard its a bit too small on the vita. Anyone given it a go? Does it play/look ok?

bread's done
Back