PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting 2 weeks is pretty good for international orders. Better than waiting 4+ weeks.
True but when it comes to imports I've had faster dealings with other sites. PlayAsia is on the slower end of delivery after purchase, not awful but slower than others.

anyone know where these games ship from and how long they take to get them tempetd to buy moe chronicles
My recent order came from singapore. Singapore is also the reason the new gundam game is getting an english sub release.

Also Playasia sure likes to take their time to ship it out. Waited a whole week after receiving payment before they got off their butts. Most places will ship in 24 hours or the next business day at least.

Earth Defense Force 2 for Vita is already gone from BB:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-ps-vita/5579026.p?id=1219653094996&skuId=5579026

Bummer, was going to order it soon for $24 with the GCU discount, but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

I've noticed that BB orders only tiny quantities of some newer Vita games, then once sold out, they don't bother to restock them. This happened with Terraria for the Vita as well, but I did manage to snag a few copies of that.
What's weird about their buying is that they put P4:DAN and Corpse Party and Ultra Despair Girls into retail and then under stock things that are warehouse fulfilled. Confusing.

I ordered Moe Chronicles the other day from Play-asia. Do you think they would apply the coupon retroactively?
"This coupon code can only be used on products ordered from Dec. 14th, and will last until the end of the promotion, Dec 20th!"

I would guess no since the coupon specifically states order dates it can be used on. Let us know how it goes if you contact them.

Looks like hyperdevotion noire is slowly going back up in price. I've been refreshing the page seeing if it would go down further than 12 and it looks like its going up a few cents every hour.  I would grab it now, before it goes back to its regular price. I'm surprised it went under 13.

I keep having to remind myself that I don't even want Hyperdevotion Noire. Not into SRPG's, but hearing everyone talk about it all the time makes me subconsciously think that I need to get it.

What's weird about their buying is that they put P4:DAN and Corpse Party and Ultra Despair Girls into retail and then under stock things that are warehouse fulfilled. Confusing.
Yep, you're exactly right. I've seen those 3 at retail, plus XBlaze, so they obviously bought a lot more copies of those games, but many other games (not just Vita) just sell out from the website and never come back. Very strange and somewhat annoying, but I guess the lesson is to move quicker if you want newer games with the GCU discount.

I keep having to remind myself that I don't even want Hyperdevotion Noire. Not into SRPG's, but hearing everyone talk about it all the time makes me subconsciously think that I need to get it.
I'm the same way, not into SRPGs at all, so I have to keep that in mind when I'm tempted.

I stopped by a Target today for something unrelated, and actually found a single remaining Borderlands 2 copy for Vita for $9. It was in the clearance bin, so maybe there's still other Vita games at Target's.

I have a glass protector on mine, different brand. film protectors are all garbage compared to the glass ones.

Tried a glass protector on my phone, will never go back to crapy film. Any new touch screen device I get, glass screen protector is the first thing I look for.

I ordered Moe Chronicles the other day from Play-asia. Do you think they would apply the coupon retroactively?
Update:
I contacted their support email and mentioned the date thing. Said I could, in theory, cancel my order, buy it again with the coupon.

A few minutes later my order was marked as shipped. Not long after that, got an email from their support saying no they couldn't cancel or apply the coupon...feeling really salty about that chain of events.

Yep, you're exactly right. I've seen those 3 at retail, plus XBlaze, so they obviously bought a lot more copies of those games, but many other games (not just Vita) just sell out from the website and never come back. Very strange and somewhat annoying, but I guess the lesson is to move quicker if you want newer games with the GCU discount.

I'm the same way, not into SRPGs at all, so I have to keep that in mind when I'm tempted.
I like srpgs but noire is pretty bad from what I saw and heard so I don't really want to get it. But at the price its at its tempting very tempting.

Eh. I decided to bite on Hyperdevotion Noire, it's at a low enough price that I can justify it, plus you can never have too many Vita games to play!

dam it, i got wipeout 2048 for vita case and cart used for $5 plus tax but didnt realize it needs an online pass

and i hesitated on gravity rush and now it was gone when i finally decided to pick it up today

I'm not into SRPGs, either, but I like the Hyperdimension series and characters/humor and played the other spinoffs...plus am a bit intrigued by the apparent sim elements outside of the main game... So I'd be all over this if I wasn't already getting it for xmas... I'll probably just play on the easiest setting to enjoy the story/game without worrying too much about the strategy gameplay.

Picked criminal girl $23 shipped from play-asia with $5 OFF PROMO code SHAREJOYWEALTH. :)
Whats the coupon work with? Does it work with pre-orders? May use it for Deemo

Doubtfull their customer service sucks evidentlyly

*edit* Lol as you saw by you later post

Expect to wait 2 weeks if you're in the US and use the cheap shipping option.
2 weeks? Ha, if only! Nothing I've ever bought from them came in less than 3 weeks, and a MGS figure I bought from them back in Sep. took a grand total of 6 weeks to get here.

I'm not complaining as I know these things take time, just stating that your generalization has been vastly off in my case.

Play-Asia price on Criminal Girls has jumped from $23 to $45. Looks like they sold out of their sale allotment. If you're interested in any of their other sales like Moe Chronicles, I would order now.

Whats the coupon work with? Does it work with pre-orders? May use it for Deemo
It works on pre-orders.

This seems like something right up this thread's alley (definitely NSFW): http://kotaku.com/in-this-ps-vita-dungeon-crawler-the-goal-is-a-bigger-b-1748032554

jckexkrhtfupqkbn5exk.jpg

dam it, i got wipeout 2048 for vita case and cart used for $5 plus tax but didnt realize it needs an online pass

and i hesitated on gravity rush and now it was gone when i finally decided to pick it up today
I believe Gamestop slaps a code on the receipt if you buy a used copy from them. You can flip the code for around $3 probably. Might not be worth the hassle at this point of doing a return etc, but PSN charges a full $10 for those online passes, which is friggin' ridiculous.

I believe Gamestop slaps a code on the receipt if you buy a used copy from them. You can flip the code for around $3 probably. Might not be worth the hassle at this point of doing a return etc, but PSN charges a full $10 for those online passes, which is friggin' ridiculous.
guess they don't do that anymore, nothing on my receipt =(

Has anyone here ever ordered a pre-owned vita game from Gohastings? I ordered a used Muramasa Rebirth, and I got it in a sealed/wrapped package. Not that I'm complaining, but I'm curious whether they gave me a new copy or re-wrapped it. I also got a new copy of Dengeki Bunko from Amazon after ordering a used one, so maybe it's just a trend for me.

Has anyone here ever ordered a pre-owned vita game from Gohastings? I ordered a used Muramasa Rebirth, and I got it in a sealed/wrapped package. Not that I'm complaining, but I'm curious whether they gave me a new copy or re-wrapped it. I also got a new copy of Dengeki Bunko from Amazon after ordering a used one, so maybe it's just a trend for me.
If it's anything like the Smash Bros 3ds game I bought from them used, it's a re-wrapped used copy. Over in the cheap 3ds thread (I think it was that thread), a number of people have remarked similarly. The games are sometimes darn near perfect in condition, but they are indeed used. The wrapping -- some more eagle-eyed CAGs may notice -- is slightly different than normal plastic wrap. Mine also came with a sticker on it indicating that it was used, but some have said theirs did not.

Sometimes they're rewrapped.

Gaijin started sending out codes for Summoner Night (autoC) 5. I got mine this morning, but I won't be able to dl it until later. Here's to the psp's near death swan song.

I ended up grabbing Moe Chronicles and an R2L2 Vita grip from Play-Asia. Was spending a bit, so decided to go with the $16 express shipping or whatever... Ordered on Saturday, shipped out yesterday from Hong Kong, arrived today. Insane.

It's used they reseal like mofos. Know people have ordered new from them and gotten resealed stuff.

I've been posting about this like every other day so I know I've probably hammered down the point already, but the Corpse Party LE and P4 DAN LE has been steadily dropping, and they're close to the point they were at last time before they went up again. P4 is at $63, Corpse Party at the lowest I've seen it at $41.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YFAIWYW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-4&pf_rd_r=0FMFSC9VE60CRWR3CAKC&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2084660942&pf_rd_i=desktop

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YMIQTII/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-4&pf_rd_r=0FMFSC9VE60CRWR3CAKC&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2084660942&pf_rd_i=desktop

It's used they reseal like mofos. Know people have ordered new from them and gotten resealed stuff.
Ya...gohastings' new stock actually often ships from stores instead of a warehouse, and they do the whole gamestop "gutted display copy" thing... I've gotten quite a few "new" games from them that just came with all the materials and case (covered in price stickers) stuffed in a plastic sleeve and a little note stuck inside saying that it's new but it's opened because it's a store display copy.

I still wouldn't buy Corpse Party for 41. Needs to go down to at least 50%
It's disappointing to me so far (in Ch. 6 of 10). There's load times for everything, I only like maybe 2 of the 8-10 characters, and a lot of characters just act so stupidly or make such dumb decisions that I really don't care about them.

My school was lame and only offered Spanish or French. The other schools offered German, Japanese, Korean along with Spanish or French.

My school was lame and only offered Spanish or French. The other schools offered German, Japanese, Korean along with Spanish or French.
least you had spanish lol

mine only had french and latin which i took both 2 years each but honestly only for the field trips the 2nd year each time. Latin class always got to go to Rome and French class paris for a week after completing 2 years of each

least you had spanish lol

mine only had french and latin which i took both 2 years each but honestly only for the field trips the 2nd year each time. Latin class always got to go to Rome and French class paris for a week after completing 2 years of each
At least you got to go on actual Field Trips.

Just a little follow up to Eldritch's post on OMEGA LABYRINTH

http://www.play-asia.com/omega-labyrinth/13/70929z

Scroll down and watch the video

I just wish I took Japanese instead of Spanish in HS.
I took two semesters of Japanese in college, got A's both semesters... a year later, I had forgotten everything... even all the Hiragana. But the teacher's assistants were international students from Japan and super duper cute.

bread's done
Back