PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that worked!

Looks like Moe Chronicle from Dec 13 has been in US since 12/20, and Criminal Girls from Dec 14 has only today (Jan 2) been handed over to the origin shipping center. Surprised on delay of Criminal Girls since they gave me a tracking number on Dec 21. I'll hopefully get the first one next week and the other by February.

just like in store about 90% no case and 10% with case. With gamestop used if you care about cases and stuff then you better off sticking to in store only and even then it extremely ymmv.
this^

I wouldn't ever order DS/3DS/Vita games online from Gamestop unless you're OK with no cases. Just a really good chance it wont have a case.
and this^

DEFINITE yes on the ymmv. In my case we have 30 or so gamestops (oddly enough there are 2 in my small town never knew until I googled. shockingly they are in different shopping plazas even) Anywho The one gamestop near me even has ps2 boxes for their games still (though some are missing cover arts or manuals or both) But out of all of them I have rarely seen ds and such boxes. Makes sense though as those are huge in comparison to the carts within. I imagine in just one office sized drawer you could probably store tens of thousands of carts for a ds. My areas really weird though as the games are in really good condition and well taken care of and alot of rarer rpgs run through the stores. Like a few years back the one walmart in the town over had 30 or so copies of legend of dragoon. I'm still mad at myself for not picking them up since I could of easily made a profit.

just like in store about 90% no case and 10% with case. With gamestop used if you care about cases and stuff then you better off sticking to in store only and even then it extremely ymmv.
I have always wondered about this. Do people just throw away cases after they open a game or do 90% of people really just lose the damn thing? Or maybe little billy keeps all his games in one bag or whatever and it gets stolen then they eventually find their way to gamestop.

Sorry for the rant.

I have always wondered about this. Do people just throw away cases after they open a game or do 90% of people really just lose the damn thing? Or maybe little billy keeps all his games in one bag or whatever and it gets stolen then they eventually find their way to gamestop.

Sorry for the rant.
I keep the case before I trade it into GameStop, it's not like they give you less credit/cash without it. Then I will use my retained cases to store the used DS/3DS cartridges I buy from GameStop, it's simply the circle of life :-({|=.

Sorry for the rant.
For DS games I believe it was corporate policy to toss the cases when the game is traded in.

For DS games I believe it was corporate policy to toss the cases when the game is traded in.
It's wasn't, however, corporate did give them the green light to do as they please with the cases, which almost all stores decided to just chuck them, which was just a damn shame.

Sorry for the rant.

yea policy is to pretty much get rid of alot of the handheld cases mostly older ones but still to take up less room for storage. Also usually once a game is $4.99 or under even if it has a case they will toss the case to put them in the special bargain bins area in sleeves instead of cases.

alot of people trade in games with cases but it gamestop that toss the cases that people turned in. majority of games without cases is due to gamestop not wanting to take up the extra space in storage.

quick question...how reliable is getting the cases from ordering online at gamestop?
Flip a coin. If "Heads" pack an umbrella and beware of flying pig poop. If "Tails" you'll get a CD sleeve, that's sort of like a case right? And if the coin lands on edge you'll maybe get a case, not necessarily the original or even the right case, but a case nonetheless.

I use to know a GameStop store manager. If your store was under X number of square feet for retail space then the store was required to toss the cases. If your store was X number of square feet retail space then it was store manager option if cases were to be kept with the games or tossed. The store, which GameStop corporate closed about three years ago, was over the square foot qualifier and the manager I knew opted to keep games with their cases because that's what made perfect sense to do. That store closing was a kick in the butt, they closed it in favor of keeping open a store literally half the size and with limited parking spaces that is nearly impossible to even see from the main road. Well, I have never accused GameStop of being operated by competent individuals, and blatantly dumb decisions like this one will ensure no one ever accuses their executives of belonging to an intelligent race of beings.

And speaking of mind numbingly dumb things.

Today at work on the counter the opposite side of the one I'm stationed at someone traded in their PS Vita and dozen games for a whopping $28 in store credit... it made me feel kind of sick. For one thing, that $25 is all the store credit trade value a working PS Vita fetches at Best Buy, and secondly that someone would actually be willing to take so little for their Vita and games! :cry:

$28 bucks that person is not getting enough Waifu Neptunia action! Terrible how little Vita games trade in for.

Flip a coin. If "Heads" pack an umbrella and beware of flying pig poop. If "Tails" you'll get a CD sleeve, that's sort of like a case right? And if the coin lands on edge you'll maybe get a case, not necessarily the original or even the right case, but a case nonetheless.

I use to know a GameStop store manager. If your store was under X number of square feet for retail space then the store was required to toss the cases. If your store was X number of square feet retail space then it was store manager option if cases were to be kept with the games or tossed. The store, which GameStop corporate closed about three years ago, was over the square foot qualifier and the manager I knew opted to keep games with their cases because that's what made perfect sense to do. That store closing was a kick in the butt, they closed it in favor of keeping open a store literally half the size and with limited parking spaces that is nearly impossible to even see from the main road. Well, I have never accused GameStop of being operated by competent individuals, and blatantly dumb decisions like this one will ensure no one ever accuses their executives of belonging to an intelligent race of beings.

And speaking of mind numbingly dumb things.

Today at work on the counter the opposite side of the one I'm stationed at someone traded in their PS Vita and dozen games for a whopping $28 in store credit... it made me feel kind of sick. For one thing, that $25 is all the store credit trade value a working PS Vita fetches at Best Buy, and secondly that someone would actually be willing to take so little for their Vita and games! :cry:
lmao you have no idea how close to the mark you are with both the "poop" reference and also the small stores have certain rules and ways of doing stuff due to space issues

pHRrdUZ.png

Sorry for the rant.
It's because people steal games and sell them. People also sell games that don't belong to them. Such as parents selling the stuff they find when they clean their houses, or children's bedrooms. It's mostly people selling stuff that wasn't theirs in the first place.

Yeah, both of the gamestops I've visited in recent years have had those glass cases to display all the DS cartridges. I got really lucky last year, though. Went to buy the second Phoenix Wright game for my wife for her birthday, and it turned out that someone had sold them a copy of that game earlier that day and they hadn't had a chance to tear it apart and put it on display yet, so I got it complete with case and manual.

Haven't been back there in a while, but I just got my birthday coupon, so maybe I should see if the ones near me have any decent deals on Vita games...

Do vita games ever reach the 9.99 price point?

I just bought one , but I don't really want to buy more physical games unless they are cheap since I already have a ps4 and ps3. 

Do vita games ever reach the 9.99 price point?

I just bought one , but I don't really want to buy more physical games unless they are cheap since I already have a ps4 and ps3.
I would say about 30% of my collection was bought at 9.99 or under. So it happens all the time actually, but considering almost no place carries Vita anymore, more of these games may actually begin to go up in price, so buy accordingly.

I would say about 30% of my collection was bought at 9.99 or under. So it happens all the time actually, but considering almost no place carries Vita anymore, more of these games may actually begin to go up in price, so buy accordingly.
yea most of the cheap sub $10 ones i gotten was when target clearanced them out and when best buy pretty much clearanced them out.

so the days of easily getting them sub $10 quite often is pretty much dead now that most brick and mortar stores liquidated. So you can get games sub $10 but probably extremely ymmv at this point.

At this point new vita owners wanting new games dirt cheap are about 5 months to late to the show

$9.99 or less Vita games are generally relegated to older games. I know I got Hot Shots, Lumines, and Dungeon Hunter Alliance that way. Also Freedom Wars reached that. For niche games I believe close to the $10 mark is the best that you can hope for like Noire reaching that and many games reaching $15 or a bit lower than $15. 

curious anyhow how many games do most here have on average in physical form? i just glanced and i think i probably have like 20 to 23 vita physical games with a quarter of those being Limited Editions or Collector editions. 

I actually have 3 "24" games cases almost full, so roughly close to 72 physical games, and that doesn't count the LE sets that I haven't opened yet.

I also have a 64GB memory card that is about 99% full, and those are all games that are "digital only" releases. I so wish Sony would get off their asses and release a 128GB card, but sadly I don't see that happening.

I've bought like 30 Vita games in my first year of owning a Vita and the most I've payed for a Vita game is $30 and that was Dengeki Bunko and $25 for One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. Everything else has been $15 or less.

curious anyhow how many games do most here have on average in physical form? i just glanced and i think i probably have like 20 to 23 vita physical games with a quarter of those being Limited Editions or Collector editions.
Currently at 136 physical vita games. There are only several games currently released that I have been unable to find at prices I am willing to pay. A good majority of my games were purchased at $10-$15 each (besides the collector editions). A small number I have purchased in the $20-$30 range depending on rarity.

I currently have 34 physical games, all of which I bought for $15 or less (or with credit/a gift card in Dragon's Crown and Disney Infinity's case). 

I think I'm over 60 in my Vita collection now. That includes most/all of the hard to find titles like Ar No Surge, Firefly Diaries, Retro City Rampage, Breach & Clear, etc...

I have 36 physical games, only 1 imported, and 4 limited editions. My 64gb card is 99% full too. Most of my titles I buy cheap (under $15), except my collector's edition games and otome games (gotta show my support).

bread's done
Back