PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure I have all physical releases in the US. My count is at 137. I have a few games I've imported in physical form (Moe, RE, Little Kings Story, Rugby, SAO). I have a dozen or so PS1 games downloaded and only one vita game, Dynasty Warriors, when they had the glitch where you got the full game for the price of the DLC.

Edit: I lied. I have also downloaded a couple of the Atelier plus games when they've gone on sale.

Hey all, not sure if this thread is only for games. But I'm looking for a vita slim. Really would like one of the alternate colors like the aqua from Gamestop or even something that's imported like white and black...

Wonder what's the best deal on hardware nowadays? Or something I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks in advance!

My BestBuy has one copy of Corpse Party EverAfter Edition that I could PM to Amazons price and im really tempted to get it but ive never played a corpse party game so I have no clue if id like it or not

I'm pretty sure I have all physical releases in the US. My count is at 137. I have a few games I've imported in physical form (Moe, RE, Little Kings Story, Rugby, SAO). I have a dozen or so PS1 games downloaded and only one vita game, Dynasty Warriors, when they had the glitch where you got the full game for the price of the DLC.

Edit: I lied. I have also downloaded a couple of the Atelier plus games when they've gone on sale.
You're missing a few then. We're sitting at 146 games released in R1 thus far.:

http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/collect/index.html

My BestBuy has one copy of Corpse Party EverAfter Edition that I could PM to Amazons price and im really tempted to get it but ive never played a corpse party game so I have no clue if id like it or not
I played the first one and liked it a lot. I didn't like the game play at the beginning of the second one, so I quit. I tried playing the new one and was completely lost. I had to go back and play the second to understand the story. Some have mentioned that you can watch videos or read summaries if you don't want to play the first two games.

As far as if you'll like it... to each their own. I loved them but had a friend get bored and it just wasn't his thing. Maybe checkout some YouTube videos?

Also, on a side note, be aware of your surroundings if you play any of the Corpse Party games with the volume on. I popped the new one in (was playing P4 DaN with the volume up just before) at work in the break room and, thanks to all the screaming, everyone jokes that I play "rape sim" games. Trying to explain didn't help either lol.

Hey all, not sure if this thread is only for games. But I'm looking for a vita slim. Really would like one of the alternate colors like the aqua from Gamestop or even something that's imported like white and black...Wonder what's the best deal on hardware nowadays? Or something I should keep an eye out for?Thanks in advance!
I got the Aqua Blue slim from GS on sale for $170 and I really like the color and slim profile (though I already have two phat Vitas and love them). That's the best price for it since it's a GS exclusive color. It's been on sale at that price several times. One way to get a better deal at GS is to buy GS gift cards at Rite Aid when they offer Plenti points attached to them (on sale). $50 GS credit gives $10 Plenti points, use them at Exxon for gas. Saved me another $20 on the purchase ($100 in GS GCs, $20 in Plenti points).

You're right! My list was missing 10 games and I had FF X listed as its own game for some reason. Added in these games. I guess I'm at 146 physical games.

Ar No Surge
Conception 2
Corpse Party
Dengeki Bunko
Firefly Diaries
Lost Dimension
Senran Kagura
SOA: Lost Song
Steins;Gate
Valhalla Knights 3

Technically only 144 have actual game cartridges :whistle2:

As for me... I own at least 67 Physical Vita Games (Not counting the Muv-Luv games I backed). It may be a couple more than that, I need to update my list. Of those 67+, I own no Lego games or year changing sports games. I've avoided most of the games people say are just terrible and also have avoided some that I already own digital that are small and that owning Physical wouldn't matter much. Counting games I own digital that were also released in physical form my library is a little over 80 titles.

I'm hoping by this time next year my collection is more a core 30 or fewer physical games with having played most everything I own and getting rid of the stuff that doesn't seem worth my time replaying or keeping. Then I'll look into getting other games that are better to own physical.

I got the Aqua Blue slim from GS on sale for $170 and I really like the color and slim profile (though I already have two phat Vitas and love them). That's the best price for it since it's a GS exclusive color. It's been on sale at that price several times. One way to get a better deal at GS is to buy GS gift cards at Rite Aid when they offer Plenti points attached to them (on sale). $50 GS credit gives $10 Plenti points, use them at Exxon for gas. Saved me another $20 on the purchase ($100 in GS GCs, $20 in Plenti points).
Thanks, I'll keep a look out for this!

I would be there right now grabbing it if it was still on sale. I decided on one right after they all went back up in price so I am trying to hold off for a good deal. Everything I have seen on the Aqua Blue just makes me want that one over the regular black one. (I can always import but don't feel like paying over $200)

I hope this second packaging means S;G is selling well in the US, especially as a Vita game. I would love publishers to see the popularity of S;G Vita and translate the Vita ver of Fate/stay night.

I have always wondered about this. Do people just throw away cases after they open a game or do 90% of people really just lose the damn thing? Or maybe little billy keeps all his games in one bag or whatever and it gets stolen then they eventually find their way to gamestop.

Sorry for the rant.
there's also those who use the card and such cases that can come with systems packs so they have a book with all their games in one place which does save space over having those 10 or so games in each case.

Interestingly, Amazon has a new "Steins;Gate Limited Edition (2016 Calendar Edition)" that was just posted and is available for preorder with a release of January 19.

It looks like it is just the game but also comes with a 2016 Calendar. It's $39.99

If you haven't picked it up yet but want to, might as well get the extra bonus.

http://www.amazon.com/Steins-Gate-Limited-2016-Calendar-PlayStation/dp/B01A5LUJSG/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1451942461&sr=1-1
The image is of the LE that was sold by Rice Digital with the art book. Wonder if it's really the same version.

The image is of the LE that was sold by Rice Digital with the art book. Wonder if it's really the same version.
no just calendar and also the calendar is on clearanced anyhow for half off http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-2016-calendar

i wouldnt be surprised if it like the amazon Game of Thrones Artbook bundle or amazon steelbook bundles where it just the base game and the calendar bundled together and then just saran wrapped

I have always wondered about this. Do people just throw away cases after they open a game or do 90% of people really just lose the damn thing? Or maybe little billy keeps all his games in one bag or whatever and it gets stolen then they eventually find their way to gamestop.

Sorry for the rant.
I kept my DS cases so I can use them for GBA carts whose original boxes I kept in storage. There was a website where you could print out GBA box cover art to fit DS cases.

Interesting that the cover has an esrb rating. I wonder if that might suggest that there will be a physical North America release after all.
They (Bandai) wouldn't have gone to the trouble to make a Region 1 case art unless there is a region 1 physical release in the works.

play asia is likely using stock picture. If there is NA physical release we would know by now.
I think we just found out in a round-a-bout way thanks to PlayAsia. Now the questions are, when, where, and how much will it cost?

They (Bandai) wouldn't have gone to the trouble to make a Region 1 case art unless there is a region 1 physical release in the works.

I think we just found out in a round-a-bout way thanks to PlayAsia. Now the questions are, when, where, and how much will it cost?
It's easy. Just take the PS4 Boxart and replace the PS4 Header with PS Vita.

The best Bandai will probably do is announce an actual Limited Edition Physical Retail Release like with Ar no Surge Plus and Firefly Diaries

It's easy. Just take the PS4 Boxart and replace the PS4 Header with PS Vita.

The best Bandai will probably do is announce an actual Limited Edition Physical Retail Release like with Ar no Surge Plus and Firefly Diaries
That's what I'm anticipating. :D

I am pretty sure play asia is the one that made the artwork, not Bandi. Like Olengie said it doesn't take that much effort

I actually have 3 "24" games cases almost full, so roughly close to 72 physical games, and that doesn't count the LE sets that I haven't opened yet.

I also have a 64GB memory card that is about 99% full, and those are all games that are "digital only" releases. I so wish Sony would get off their asses and release a 128GB card, but sadly I don't see that happening.
what do you mean 24" game cases?

as for how many games.. shit im not sure how many i have. I guess i should count. Most LE's i have 2 of sometimes more and several games i have multiples of as well because.. i dont know why. I need to stop doing that =P

I recommend the Hori screen protectors. Not used it on the PSVita Slim but on the OG, Wii U, and several 3DS. They go on easy and have always been top quality, IMO.
I actually didn't like the Hori protectors for the original model. I liked their 3DS stuff but the vita protector covered the whole face which was kinda annoying. For my money the original Sony brand ones were qute good though i dont know if they did a slim version

Not sure about the glass ones some people are hyping. Seems to be a pain to put on and im leery about it damaging the system

I would be there right now grabbing it if it was still on sale. I decided on one right after they all went back up in price so I am trying to hold off for a good deal. Everything I have seen on the Aqua Blue just makes me want that one over the regular black one. (I can always import but don't feel like paying over $200)
So mad I missed that sale as well, was planning on grabbing a Blue one to match the Gundam accessory set I just imported.

And as far as screen protectors go, I second the official Sony ones. They work on both the Slim and Phat (And I even used them on 3DS/N3DS top screens perfectly as well). Havent had to replace any of them, compared to some of the shoddier protectors I use for other stuff

Anyone know if the Idolmaster games for PS vita are good for importing? As in they require relatively no Japanese to play like the Miku and IA/VT games? Thank you. 

I have NO games and no protector yet. I just have a crossbuy game from a flash sale.

What should I buy first?
I've put about 400 hours into Persona 4 Golden (replaying it *again* right now even) so I think that's a safe bet. If somehow you've never played Plants vs Zombies, that's also a good choice. Then, of course, there are Danganronpa 1 & 2, which are both excellent (I prefer 1, but whatevs).

I'd give a mention to Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, but with the caveat of playing (or watching a Let's Play of) 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors first. Otherwise, I'd say fully a third of the game's value is lost (perhaps even more).

My copy of Code:Realize (ordered 12/28 @ $22.00) finally shipped yesterday and is due to arrive this week.   So that's pretty much it for me buying physical Vita games for a while... now to just play some!  I think this is poised to be my best game playing year in ages.  The backlog is bursting at the seams.

I did fire up a few PS1 classics over the last couple days.  That doesn't help with playing the retail games but that's what I was interested in checking out after playing a little Sketchcross.  Extreme Pinball, which I enjoyed on PC back in the day didn't hold up that well.  The loading times are excessive though at least once a table is loaded there is no additional loading required to play game after game of it.  In the end I deleted it as it lost some of the precision controls of the original.  Fighting Force, which I previously had on Dreamcast, actually is pretty decent for that era of 3d beatemup.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the end but it was fun playing that.  The last game I played was Magic Carpet.  I was a huge fan of the PC versions and I think I still own them all (Magic Carpet, Hidden Worlds Expansion & Magic Carpet 2).  At first it seemed the PS1 version was a little too dumbed down with the controls... but I got used to it and had some fun.   it's no replacement for the PC version as mouse & keyboard controls are much better (as were the graphics)... but for a quick trip down memory lane it served it's purpose.  I'm glad I grabbed it on the cheap during a sale.

I have NO games and no protector yet. I just have a crossbuy game from a flash sale.

What should I buy first?
I'll echo basically everything that's been said so far and add on that if you like rhythm games (or want to try them), the Project Diva games are great. The Atelier series is great as well, if you don't mind your JRPGs having a cutesy element to them. Steins;Gate is fantastic if you are at all a fan of visual novels. And then, of course, there's all the PS1 era RPGs that are absolutely wonderful to take on the road and be able to toss into standby without having to find a save point every time you need to stop playing.

My copy of Code:Realize (ordered 12/28 @ $22.00) finally shipped yesterday and is due to arrive this week. So that's pretty much it for me buying physical Vita games for a while... now to just play some!
This is the Vita hoarders anonymous thread, we don't *play* these games...

So are there any vita themes worth getting or is that a complete waste?
I'm using Four Seasons right now, and I like it. It's also free. I also like the various Hyperdimension Neptunia ones, so if you're a fan of that series, you might like those. The Danganronpa AE one looks nice as well, though I turned off the system music since the repetition started grating on me after a while.

Anyone know if the Idolmaster games for PS vita are good for importing? As in they require relatively no Japanese to play like the Miku and IA/VT games? Thank you.
Are you talking about the Taiko Drum Master ones? If so, they should be as import friendly as Taiko Drum Master. I have all three, but haven't opened them. They're not idol simulator or gravure games.

What should I buy first?
Non-Games

Grab a hard case, or some protective holder, or your system is going to collect dust. (even from daily use, it's kind of a magnet)

It is also a good idea to grab a cleaning cloth (like for glasses) so that when you need to wipe the system if you sneeze or other worse case scenarios.

Bluecell Clear & Gray Game/Memory Card protection hard case for sony PS Playstation Vita $5.99

These are very nice, and will hold 16 games if you plan to travel. Also are life savers if your local gamestop throws away Vita boxes.

Each case (x2) holds 8 games and 2 memory cards. So if you were like me, and bought 4 cheap ($2) 8GB memory cards, these two can hold them all. There isn't much besides the box art on most games, so I put the "active games" I'm currently playing or plan to play in my cases.

Games I enjoyed... (I've had my system for almost a year)

SRPG

Disgaea 3

Disgaea 4

RPG

FFX(&X-2 digital)

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Persona 4: Golden

VNovel

Danganronpa

Danganronpa 2 (almost finished it, so not sure which I liked better.)

The reasons to own a PSVita:

Gravity Rush

Tearaway

Misc

Terreria (you kind of need someone to play with though)

Lumines

Project Miku 2nd

bread's done
Back